ONE

Forever

The sound of birds chirping outside the window woke you up from your deep sleep. You opened your eyes slowly as you squinted due to the brightness. You lazily rolled your body to the side, only to find your boyfriend smiling at you warmly. 

 

"Good morning babe," Xuxi says softly as he tucked your hair away from your face.  
 

You couldn't help but smile at the boy. "Morning," you replied as you rubbed your eyes. 

 

He leaned closer to you and immediately locked lips with you. His kiss was soft and warm, which always made you get butterflies in your stomach. "I love you." you said as you looked deeply into his eyes. 

 

"I love you too." Xuxi smiled as he continued to press his lips against yours. 

 

His soft lips moved with yours in rhythm for a few moments. The boy then wrapped his arm around your waist and placed a kiss on your forehead, making you blush. You cherished moments like that since it had become something rare for both of you. Xuxi spent his time training for days and he'd only get one or two days off every other week. 

 

The alarm clock suddenly rang, making both of you glance towards the clock. He sighed deeply, knowing what it meant. 

 

"I guess it's time." you pouted and looked at him.

 

"I'm sorry," he said, hugging you tightly. "I don't want to leave too but-"

 

"You don't have to be sorry," you replied, cutting his sentence. "You're following your dream." you smiled.

 

The boy in a deep breath and rested his chin on the crook of your neck. "You're the best." he shyly smiled. 

 

~

 

The sky was dark and it was pouring outside. You sat alone in the cafe where you and Xuxi used to go to a lot. It had been a month since he last contacted you. Usually, he'd contact you every week but you haven't heard anything from him. Maybe because he's so close to debuting. You sighed deeply and took a sip of your caramel macchiato and looked out the window.

 

 

Xuxi was your high school sweetheart. You've been together for almost three years. Things were pretty normal for the first couple years but then last year, he got accepted to SM and you couldn't be happier for him. Never in a million years you ever expected your boyfriend to become an idol. However, you had to put up with him being away for a long period of time without any form of contact. As a trainee, he wasn't allowed to have his cellphone unless it's his day off. But then also, his day off would only be two days in a week or sometimes every two weeks. As debut got closer, you saw him less. As much as you supported him, you knew deep down you missed him so much and all you wanted to do was spend time with him every day.  

 

You were starring blankly at the rain when suddenly someone tapped your shoulder.

 

"______ noona?" 

 

"Oh- Mark Lee," you brightened up as you saw the familiar face.

 

"What are you doing here by yourself?" he asked as he sat down across your seat.

 

"Ah, I was just bored after work. Thought I could get a bit of coffee," you replied while smiling. "How have you been? I haven't seen you for such a long time." you continued.

 

"I'm doing great noona~ Just really tired because of practice." he sighed and rested his chin on his palm. "We're so close to debuting though."

 

"That's good. But you should take care of yourself. Make sure to get enough rest." you said. 

 

Mark nodded happily in response. "You too noona."

 

"Ah, how's Xuxi by the way? Did you see him lately?"

 

"Oh yeah, we actually have a day off today. I was wondering why he isn't with you. I thought you were waiting for him." Mark raised his eyebrows.

 

"Day off?" you felt your heart sunk to the bottom of your stomach. You took out your phone immediately and sighed. "He didn't text me anything." you thought to yourself. 

 

~