Hidden

Hidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s just a normal day in the school cafeteria. So loud. All tables had been occupied. One of them was colonized long time ago by a so popular group, everyone knew each member even students from other schools. A school dance crew.

 

Jeongyeon: "Gays! Have y'all heard? Student council election is coming soon!"

Nayeon: "Yeah, Jeong. And what about it?"

Jeongyeon: "Geez, don't you wanna know the candidates? Hwang Minhyun and Myoui Mina!"

Sana: "Whoaaa, seriously? Visuals with brains. Look cute together!"

Jeongyeon: "I know right. Both were students of the year. Don't care who'll win. Sure they'll give the best for this school."

Nayeon: "Nah, doubt it. It will be boring."

Jihyo: "How could you know? It's like you know them well."

Nayeon: "As you said, student of the year, a perfect kind of student, means they'll too focus on studying, means we have to follow the agenda."

Momo: "Ah! Right, why I didn't think that way...this school needs something more fun! Yah Nayeon, you should join the election!"

Jeongyeon: "Tch, if Nayeon will be the council president, that's a big disaster…"

Nayeon: "Shut your ."

Jihyo: "Language please...anyway coach Lia told me that we need to cancel today's practice. She's attending an event."

Sana: "Yeay~ I'll go for a date then!"

Nayeon: "Wow who's the victim now, Sana?"

Sana: "If I told you, would you lend me your car?"

Nayeon: "You wish. Last time you drove it, you almost killed us."

Sana: "Yah! If I didn't drive it fast, we would be late for the competition! Oh, c'mon Nayeon, you have no one to date. Your car is jobless."

Jihyo: "Sis, snapped."

Nayeon: "Don't pretend that y’all have it."

Jihyo: "I have. Y’all know Yerin."

Momo: "I have."

Nayeon: “That girl in student council, Momo-ya? That’s not a date, you just gave her an ice cream for once!”

Momo: “Well, you don’t have someone who can accept your ice cream. At least I’m better.”

Nayeon: “Geeezz…” (glaring at Jeongyeon)  

Jeongyeon: "What? I don't have, but I have a part time job, I'm busy. You’re not."

Nayeon: "YAH! I HAVE IT OK!"

Sana: "Here we go again. Wake up, Nayeon…"

Nayeon: "I. Really. Have. It."

Jihyo: "Ok ok, who? Tell us."

Nayeon: "I- I can't...I can't tell anyone."

Jeongyeon: "Sure. We won't believe in you until you bring him....or her to us."

Sana: "So...lend me your car?"

Nayeon: "No. Not until you can drive it safely."

Sana: "Meh, grumpy grandma."

Jeongyeon: “Anyway…Jisoo and friends are looking at our table now.” (taking a glance at the other table)

Sana: “Are they?” (trying to look back)

Jihyo: “Yeah, I saw it for couple minutes ago. Weird. Just pretend that you don’t look back.”

Momo: “Why?”

Jihyo: “We’ve agreed to not have any relation with those cheerleaders, right?”

Momo: “Ok…ok….Hey, Nayeon, why you’re silent?”

Nayeon: “Um? Nothing.”

 

Meanwhile at the other table….


Tzuyu: "Mina unnie, have you prepared all for the campaign?"

Mina: "Not really. I just made a to do list. Umm, would you guys help me?"

Dahyun: "Of course, Mina! With our pleasure. We know you'll be the best for this school!"

Mina: "Thanks guys. But I'm still wondering why I'm chosen as the candidate, lots of better students out there."

Dahyun: "Please…You're the winner of national science olympiad, have good grades, no criminal record, you're the best example for us."

Tzuyu: "Yeah, imagine if one of those dancers is our council president, they'll make this school as a club."

Mina: "That will be fun."

Tzuyu: "Fun? A mess describes it better, Mina unnie…"

Mina: "But, didn't they always win the dance competitions? It gives this school a pride too."

Tzuyu: "But it means nothing for us unnie, for them too I guess, they can't go to university only with dancing."

Dahyun: (slowly nodding)

Mina: “Hmm…yeah.”

Jackson: "Hi girls!"

Dahyun: "Are you here because you want to copy our campaign strategy?"

Jackson: "Hahahaha, of course not, we want to have a healthy competition, right Minhyun?"

Minhyun: "A-a...yes."

Dahyun: "Good then. So, what brought you here?"

Jackson: "Council president just told us that he needs to talk to Mina and Minhyun about the election."

Dahyun: "And you're the one who told us..."

Jackson: "You know it guys, he's too shy to talk to Mina."

Minhyun: "Yah, Jackson! W-we'll wait for you at council's room, I'll go first, bye Mina."

Mina: "Y-yeah ok."

Dahyun: (smirking at Mina)

Mina: "What?"

Tzuyu: "What was that unnie???"

Mina: "What what?"

Dahyun: "Oh c'mon, Mina, we're not blind. He has a crush on you. Obviously."

Mina: "Please guys....I need to go now, bye."

Tzuyu: "Have a good date, unnie!"

 

 

From: Yours
Meet me after school at my place

 

To: Yours
Ok...what's this seriousness...

where's my kiss?

 

From: Yours
You'll get it soon when we meet ;3

 

To: Yours

Such a tease!

 

 

 

School had ended. A student didn’t go home but went straight to someone’s place.

 

Redacted 1: (covering the eyes of Redacted 2 silently from behind)


Redacted 2: "Oh please, don't kidnap me. I haven't married yet…."

Redacted 1: "Dork. So what is it?"

Redacted 2: "Nothing. I just miss you."

Redacted 1: "We met at school. Your eyes were always on me. Just tell me, what is it?"

Redacted 2: "Ummm...well...you know, you haven't told me that you're the candidate for next student council president directly."

Redacted 1: "I just knew it yesterday…sorry for not telling you soon."

Redacted 2: "So, you'll be busier?"

Redacted 1: "You asked that as if you’re not busy yourself…"

Redacted 2: "And you'll be surrounded by those who have crush on you more everyday?"

Redacted 1: "Are you threatened?" (smirking)

Redacted 2: "About the election? No. About you, yes. You think? I can't even claim you're mine in front of those hopeless people."

Redacted 1: "Not again… "

Redacted 2: "I know you've told me that you don't wanna show your personal life off, bb-..."

Redacted 1: "Stop. It's only you, ok? This heart only beats for you."

Redacted 2: "Only me?"

Redacted 1: "Yes"

Redacted 2: "No others?"

Redacted 1: "Nope. You're perfect for me. That's all. Case closed. Now cuddle please."

Redacted 2: “Huh…yeah…come here”

Redacted 1: (kissing Redacted 2)

Redacted 2: "I-I said you'll get your kiss when we meet, means it's me who give you the kiss, n-not you…"

Redacted 1: "Oh shut your smart up." (leaning for another kiss)

 

 

The day after at school. The bell’s just ringing and every student walked to their own classes. But their attentions were on the two candidates of student council president who walked together with their circle friends.


Boy 1: "Wow, Mina's indeed the most beautiful girl I've ever met."

Boy 2: "Smart, pretty, kind...good body....she's perfect."

Girl 1: “Omg, Hwang Minhyun…whoever his girlfriend must be so lucky.”

Boy 3: "I'll vote for her. I'll be a good student to get her attention."

Girl 2: "She's girlfriend material…I’m envy on her…"

Boy 4: "No, she's wifey material."

Boy 5: "She has no boyfriend? I'll make a move."

Boy 6: "I wanna fuc- (someone suddenly hit him from behind)....the ! What's your problem?!"

Momo: "Sorry, your disgusting is a problem."

Boy 6: "Oh, you think you're better slu-…."

Minhyun: "What's going on here???"

Boy 6: "Ah, Minhyun, nothing."

Nayeon: "He said he wants to get in Mina’s pants."

Boy 6: "Seriously?! What's wrong with y’all! Mind your own business!"

Minhyun: "Enough! Now you, just go. And you Im Nayeon, please watch your words."

Nayeon: "Tch."

Jeongyeon: “W-we’re sorry. Let’s go guys…” (grabbing Nayeon’s and Momo’s hand to leave)

Minhyun: “Mina, are you ok?”

Mina: “Um? Y-yeah. I’m ok. Thanks.”

Dahyun: “What a ert…let’s go to the class.”

Mina: “Yeah, sure.”

 

 

During lunch time after morning’s scene.

 

Sana: "Earth to Nayeon...Hello..."

Nayeon: "S-sorry, what?"

Jeongyeon: "Someone steals your car."

Nayeon: "Huh? WHAT???"

Jeongyeon: "Kidding. You're day dreaming again. What's wrong, Nay?"

Nayeon: "Nothing."

Jihyo: "Sure, your face is like a wet weekend now. You must be bothered by something."

Momo: "And she keeps looking at that Hwang."

Sana: "God, you like him??! Finally someone gets your attention!"

Nayeon: "The hell, not, Sana!"

Sana: "And what's the other reason then?"

Nayeon: "Ummm, I don't know...but, do you think I can be the council president?"

Jeongyeon: "Hold up hold up. Eyes open, checked. Breathing, checked. Sanity...wait, where??? Yah! Someone has stolen Nayeon's sanity!"

Nayeon: "Shut up, Jeong, I'm being serious here"

Jihyo: "Wow Nayeon, wow, we know you have lots of good ideas when it's for our choreos...but council president?"

Jeongyeon: "Ok, tell us why that ridiculous idea came into your mind."

Nayeon: "Well, as I said, it will be boring if those two candidates become the new president. Like, we need to have fun before we graduate."

Sana: "What kind of 'fun' if it's about school, Nayeon. Go to a party is enough tho."

Nayeon: "This school is isolated, and we only have 1 event for entire year!"

Jihyo: "Be a headmaster, you can't change that if you're only a council president."

Momo: "I'm in, I'll support you, Nay!"

Jeongyeon: "S-seriously? Momo yah???"

Momo: "What? She has good points, and nothing to lose anyway."

Jihyo: "You forgot that we have a dance competition in two weeks?"

Momo: "Oh."

Jeonyeon: "Yeah, oh."

Nayeon: "Trust me guys. I won't miss our schedules. And I want to prove that student like us can do it. That we have 'brains' too."

Sana: “I’m insulted.”

Jeongyeon: "Geez, good luck then."

Sana: "Just like Momo, I'll support you!"

Nayeon: "Love y'all!"

Jihyo: “Just be sure you won’t miss our practice.”

Nayeon: “Ay ay captain!”

 

 

True to her words, Nayeon never missed their dance practiced, so as expected, they won the competition two weeks later. And now she’s one of candidates for council’s president, ready for the election day next week.

At first, it’s hard to be accepted because Nayeon wasn’t a student council member. But, Son Chaeyoung aka another rebel and school’s artist helped her designed the campaign and it gained lots of supports. Another reason was because Nayeon was popular, so it helped a lot too.

She’s busier now, till she forgot to introduce her date to her friends. Well, they thought that Nayeon just lied. She’s the best actress among them anyway. She could make her face innocent a whole day when she hid Momo’s phone. They used to her lies when she’s joking.

 

 

A day before the election day.

 

To: Yours

Hey, r u free after school?

 

To: Yours

Guess you’re not free

From: Yours

Hey, slr yeah kinda. Chaeyoung is really

perfectionist for tomorrow.

 

To: Yours

You spent your time more with

her than with me, Nayeon…

 

From: Yours

As if you didn’t spend your time

with that Hwang more than with me.

 

To: Yours

How many times do I have to

tell you that he’s just a friend?

 

From: Yours

And how many times should I tell

you that he has a crush on you?

 

To: Yours

Nayeon, please, don't make it harder.

 

To: Yours

I know you don’t like to be a part

 of student council. I don’t want you to

do something you don’t like.

 

From: Yours

Why you told me now?

You’re scared of losing?

 

To: Yours

Could you stop talking about the

damn election?! I care about you!

 

From: Yours

Oh, you do? Then why you don’t

want to let people know about us?

You’re embarrassed because I’m not

a popular perfect student like that Hwang?

 

To: Yours

Stop talking nonsense! You're Im Nayeon.

Everyone knows, center of the popular

dance crew, you have lots of fans out there.

You think I'm always ok every

time you go to party???

 

From: Yours

So why you keep insisting that we

need to hide our relationship? Personal

matters again? Just be honest, you don't

want people to look down on you

because you're dating me, right?

 

To: Yours

Nayeon, please. Let's not talk about it now

 

From: Yours

So it's true.

 

From: Yours

I’ve made my decision.

If I win, let people know about us.

If not, let’s break up.

 

To: Yours

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter