CHAPTER 1 ; CUT 1

Somebody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"When we met, wasn't it nice? For me, everything is"

--


"Bae Jihyeon?" You looked up as you heard your name. This must mean it's your turn. 

You took a deep breath. Up until this moment, you still doesn't know why you agreed on participating in this so called 'Dating Show.' 

You are majoring in human psychology, and even if you aren't, you would still know that this would be one of those shows that will give you nothing but exposure, a little bit of either hate or love in between and goddamn handful of responsibilites and stress.

You were just in the comfort of your bed when your friend and roommate bombarded you with knocks with papers flying straight into your face after you opened it.

She looked so excited while giving you those. 

They seemed like the papers of applying - or atleast that's what you thought- in something and you jerked back upon seeing that it's an ACTUAL DATING SHOW!

Attention isn't in your forté. Heck, even dressing up with  your friend, Jieun inside your room still makes you beet red.

But since Jieun knows you're taking everything lightly, and you're just positive most of the time (and you don't care with things), you really couldn't say no.

'You'll be dead you smol kid.' You groaned as you entered the room pointed at you by the staff.

Inside were three people. One says that she's a stylist (why the heck does this show needs a stylist?), the one on the middle was the over-all production head, and the one on his left is the director.

You smiled at them, a genuine one. You're always positive, taking things nicely (since again, you don't care at all).

You doesn't like judging and jumping into evidence-free conclusions and you were taught not to say something until you know EXACTLY what it means.

They offered you a smaller one as well and that seemed to remove some of the uncomfortability stored inside your core.

"So, Bae Jihyeon?" You nodded as the Director held your profile.

"Can you please introduce yourself?" 

You nodded again.

"Good day. I am Bae Jihyeon. 22 years old. I am currently continuing my university in Yonsei, major in human psychology." You smiled. The last part always burst your heart with pride.

They hummed and continued with the reading - or atleast it's something of that sort- of your profile.

You know what was written in there since you wrote them yourself. So you really wasn't surpised when they all widened their eyes at the last portion of your paper.

"Uhm, Ms. Bae Jihyeon, I think you had wrote the wrong thing here-"

"Sorry to interrupt sir, but that's exactly the answer I have in my head." You continued smiling, understandingly now.

They must be surprised since you just wrote that your 'purpose' on participating in this show is to be able to meet 'girls' and learn things about them.

For education purposes.

And to just feed your damn gay self. But that could come last.

"But you're a girl yourself, Ms. Bae. Besides, this is a show airing on the national tv. Aren't you scared of exposing yourself like that?" 

Oh wow, that flowed smoothly from the designer's tongue (as suspicious it is), and you internally sighed. Of course, they would ask that.

But you're a stubborn legacy. And so, you shook your head.

"I have never been sure. I wanted to participate and because i'm gay doesn't mean I don't have the right to express myself. I also wanted to show them that. Proudly so." 

The 3 looked at each other and honestly, any decision would be fine with you. It's not like you're going to take the dating show in all seriousness.

You just have to maybe see how strangers act with each other in an enclosed space and develop feelings only to break up in the future.

It's another part of the study you're doing in your course.

Besides, it's the time your over conservative country loosen up a bit to homoual people's own small community and slowly loose the ideal stereotypes in the society over all.

They seemed like they are seriously discussing and yet again, it confuses you. 

They could just outright decline your participation and you could be back to your room. They don't need to actually discuss this since it's fine.

You doesn't expect anything anyways.

After some minutes, they focused back at you. 

The guy in the middle smiled and nodded.

"We have decided. You are in."

'Holy crap. Why?!'

--

You must really clean your room.

Jieun was so excited that she literally shoved everything in your baggage.

"Yah! Are you that excited to get rid of me?" You asked her as you returned the cooking utensils she placed in your bag.

"A bit. But I am more thrilled on the idea of seeing you in the tv!" She jumped around the place, with her eyes shining like jewels.

You really envy them. They shine so bright. Yours are so dark.

You rolled your eyes and closed your bag, afraid that she might shove useless things inside.

Besides, you're sure that you wouldn't be participating there for long. Like force elimination since no one wanted you? Is that choice available?

"Jieun-unnie, I am not going there in all seriousness, okay? I only did this because you asked me to, so stop thinking I would be staying there forever." 

Jieun pouted. Dang it, she isn't cute or anything, it actually disgusts you.

Kidding.

"Stop with that. You'll look like a duck." You went back to your packing.

Jieun smiled at herself before moving at you closer, now seriously helping you with packing.

You both were silent and you yourself doesn't know why.

"Do you think they would date you? No offence." You could hear that it's a sincere and serious question.

And you are obliged to answer it sincerely as well.

"I don't know. I don't care. I am a potato, you already know it." 

Jieun snorted at this and slightly punched you in the arm. With her fist being like a baby's, it still hurts.

"Ow!"

"Even though I don't like to say this, you are good-looking. Why do you think you'll have so many letters and gifts stucked in your locker everyday?" 

You grimaced. Your locker had been locked for weeks now since you really isn't one to read all sappy contents of what's inside no matter how rude that sounds.

Your locker kind of smells now as well since there are so many discarded chocolates and roses.

"Ew. My locker now." 

"Like you." Jieun mumbled it so lowly and fast that you really couldn't decipher what she said. 

You sighed. You'll be moving in the next 2 days while the shooting would start tomorrow.

Jieun will have her exams the following day since music majors are always busy. You doesn't want to pressure her into coming with you.

You would still appreciate it if she was around though, even though you wouldn't admit that to her.

You both had been friends ever since last year. You were roommates and you know her more than anyone else. 

She's pretty. Always had been. But she's way prettier inside, that is. 

It's still a blur unto why she's single cause truth to be told, you are friends with probably the cutest senior in the university. And it would be an understatement to say that she's popular.

Heck, her face was already in different subway stations considering the fact that she already helped some of Korea's artists with their songs. 

Yonsei University is really proud of having such a devoted student at their field. Not to mention the fact that she's pretty as well.

You're still on you're theory that Jieun's already training to become an idol, but you still didn't have the time to actually know if it's right.

Back to the present, you were done with the preparations and was now resting on your bed.

You shouldn't really be thinking now since it's already 1am when you finished. You also watched a movie with Jieun until she fell asleep into your lap.

You have to sleep for tomorrow or else you'll looked so shaming.

You sighed.

'Push those thoughts away.' You repeated it in your head like a mantra as you closed your eyes.

It really didn't work. Since 'she' still appeared in your dreams.

--

You are now inside the dressing room. You kind of expected the staffs to be shocked of your presence, but they just kind of smiled at you.

The designer lady yesterday was there as well, and it seems like she'll be the one doing your over all make up.

You are now doing your hair and you hope it doesn't tangle too much. That would be embarrassing.

"Do you already know the set-up, Jihyeon-ssi?" The designer asked you (you don't know what's her name yet) and you shook your head.

You saw her smile in the mirror.

"You'resocute." 

"Yes?" You asked with furrowed brows since you really couldn't decipher what she's saying. She turned obviously red before shaking her head.

You sure you heard something though.

"Uhm, so it would be 4 boys, 4 girls and you."

"Yeah right." 

Of course that would be it. You would be neither at the 2 since you're gay.

"You'll be sitting with the guys. You'll also live in another dorm than them." 

It made your frowned. That's just so cruel.

"That's so cruel." You voiced out your thoughts and you saw her flinch. She also looked nervous. 

'What is wrong with this woman? Is she alright?'

"Y-you'll be staying into the staff's room." Oh.

"So you'll be there too, unnie?" You were sure she's older than you so it's just right that you call her that.

Right?

She flushed again and really, you're starting to worry that she might explode. Does she have a fever or something? You were just asking.

"Yes." She mumbled quietly and you brightened at her. You smiled so widely like how you do when you are exicted and pleased with things.

Your eye smile showing, gummy smile in full display.

"Then I would be fine." 

At this time, designer-unnie (you still don't know her name) stopped meeting your gaze in the mirror and just continued with her work, ears and face still red.

"Y-yes."

You continued like that for minutes. But the silence makes you awkward. So, you asked her again, now hoping she wouldn't turn red.

"What's your name, unnie?" 

It worked. She looked at you and without the redness all over her face.

"I'm Mina. Call me Mina." 

"Oh. Are you perhaps from overseas?" Desig- you mean Mina nodded.

"Yes. I'm from Japan. How did you know though?" 

You blinked. It's obvious.

"You doesn't look like a Korean at all."

She smiled in embarrassment and you took your time admiring how cute she actually looks with her gummy smile.

It's contageous and you soon found yourself smiling with her.

"Hope you'll be fine with them." You can tell that she's starting to be comfortable around you now and it just made it better honestly.

"Yeah. I hope so too. I'm not even here for dating." 

She smiled again and nodded. You doesn't know why she did that so you just nodded as well.

"Yah! Don't move." She warned at you which caused you to chuckle.

That doesn't sound like a warning if it's her doing it.

"Have you seen the other contestants, Mina-chan?" That sounds more suitable. You heard a few Japanese girls in your dorm say that to each other so you figured it would be fine.

She turned red again and now, you think it's already normal. This girl's weird. But you're weirder.

"Yes."

"Oh. Are they good-looking?" You asked out of instinct since she's a designer and that's the best question you could ask her.

She thought for a while before nodding slowly.

"Particularly that one girl." 

You blinked. That's slowly bringing out the gay inside of your soul but yeah, pretty girls are choosy.

"Well, i'm sure i'm more cute." That was meant to be a joke, but it made you turn red,

when Mina smiled that gummy smile of hers and nodded.

"You are indeed so cute." 

'Damn pretty girls and my gay soul.'

--

"I'll be leaving you with Sakura here. She'll do the briefing about how things would be flowing, okay?" Mina shyly patted your shoulder and you smiled at her.

You then thanked her for everything. And she returned at the room with a smile and red cheeks.

"Bae Jihyeon? You are quite the talk of the whole staff community." She smiled at you and you accepted the extended hand in a handshake.

This girl is just. Wow. 

"I'm Sakura. Mina-chan already mentioned you to me like yesterday and now I know why." Her smile, it's so sweet goddamnit.

"She did?" 

Sakura nodded and you hummed.

"I'm in charge of the production so I need you to cooperate with me, okay?" Her Korean's still not that good but with how it sounded decent enough, she must have studied the language really hard.

She started to explain how the show would be flowing.

The boys and you would be sitting in one place while the girls would be at the other room. They all know about you and your uality and agreed to everything.

Although they don't know who you are yet.

After then, they would evaluate each other in a performance. The participants should perform something to show their talent.

Maybe that would give them plus points but Jieun already helped you with what you could show them.

Next would be the first voting. They will be voting since it's just an 'ego booster'. Sakura's words.

That doesn't hold a significant role in the show but you'd like to think they need to add that to add some suspense in it.

After that, the girls and boys would start living in the dorms ft you in the staff's room. But you all would be staying and hanging out into the girl's dorm in the morning.

"If you have to do things like go outside or date one of the girls, you should write it on the schedule board, understood?" 

You nodded and Sakura continued into the part where you all would do a collaborative performance.

"No one's gonna pick me so can I bring my friend in?" 

That's a serious question but Sakura just laughed it off. Well, that was damned.

"I'm sure they would pick you, Jihyeon-chan. You are kawaii." You understood that and it made you burn.

What's up with pretty girls declaring that you're cute?!

"T-thanks." Wew, that's a way too look cool.

"Okay. You should probably head to the set now. All the boys are already there."

She smiled and cheered you up with a small pat in the head (she was extra careful with your hair newly done).

You made your way inside the said set and noticed the cameras. 

'So they are now filming my entrance. Nice.' 

You're nervous but fck nervousness. You have to make sure Jieun could see how much you don't care with what she dragged you into.

You saw 4 boys on the chairs and you offered them a small smile.

The 3 of them smiled at you as well and even offered a handshake but 1 looked so done in his life.

'Jaebum? Wow, he looks homophobic.' You still smiled at him though. Just to annoy him more.

If he doesn't like gay people, you gay people doesn't like him either.

You went at the middle (sort of a little stage) and smiled brightly at them. They say your smile emits positive energy and you hope it is true.

"Hi. I am Bae Jihyeon and I am a human psychology student in Yonsei University. I hope we get along well." You bowed as they clapped their hands.

You then sat at a guy named Jackson knowing for a fact that he's like a nice guy. 

"Welcome here, Jihyeon." See? You aren't wrong.

The other 2 on his side, Jongin and Jun started asking you questions.

They asked you where you live, if it's hard in your major. Just random things except for your ages. You weren't allowed to know it just yet.

"May I gather everyone's attention?" A guy's voice boomed in the close set and you all looked at a staff holding a paper in his hands.

"I wanted you to know that you could now text the girl you wanted to perform first in the stage. Only 4 would do this and the remaining one would be responsible in calling the girls. It's a plus, I must say."

Yes, that's a plus. Since he would be able to see the girls early than the others and it might feed their 'prince' imagines.

You could now imagine your 3 'friends' (Jackson told you you all are friends already) doing that. Acting like knights in shining armors.

"Will we play rock, paper, scissors?" Jun asked and you saw Jaebum refraining himself from rolling his eyes on his seat.

This man have some attitude, you hate it.

"What about a hand wrestle?" Jaebum suggested since he really wanted to look like a fcking superman infront of the cameras.

The 3 looked like they would be fine with it but this would be the end of your carreer, you think. They are all bulky men and...you're a girl (gay).

You're now thinking Jaebum must have planned this to just embarrass you in the national tv and non-verbally say to you that you doesn't belong in there.

But damn him and his perceptions. You played volleyball when you're in grade school, transferred in tennis during junior high and played basketball in high school.

You should just open up those muscles.

The devil started off with Jun and the younger guy was down in like seconds.

Next was Jongin, although a bit longer than Jun, he's still down.

I was next and yeah, I lost. His grip is so tight I c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter