end

Happy Birthday, Lee Jihoon

staying in love with jihoon for 20 years has been the best 20 years of seokmin's life. lee seokmin is truly a blessed man for he had everything a human being wanted. a perfectly healthy family, a stable job, a beautiful and loving husband who seokmin loves and doted over him every day and night, a house they could live in and create memories in it and supportive friends.

 

today is a very special day for it is the day his significant other was born, lee jihoon. seokmin doesn't plan anything extravagant, as he wants to keep everything simple, just like how jihoon wants. he prepared dinner with the help of his 13 year old son, noah and his sweet little girl who's turning 6 years old next week, laila. the table is filled with all of jihoon's favorite dishes, he made sure to leave his workplace early to clean the whole house so jihoon won't complain and nag him this time.


then came the waiting game. seokmin and the kids sat on the couch, watching laila's favorite cartoon show while waiting for jihoon to come home. minutes and hours has passed, the food was getting cold, the kids were starting to complain and wanted to go to bed already but jihoon was still not home. seokmin tried dialing his number but to no avail, he was starting to get worried but he tried calm down.


"when is daddy coming home?" laila asks and stretches her small arms before wrapping it around seokmin's arms, snuggling on it and yawning.

"just a few more minutes, honey. daddy's coming home." he reassures her as he kisses the top of her head and wraps his arms around noah's as they enjoy the warmth of each other, snuggling on the couch, but it would make everything better if jihoon was with them.

seokmin didn't know he fell asleep when he felt a small nudge on his shoulders. "jihoonie?" seokmin croaked his voice still raspy in his sleep.

"hey, i'm sorry you had to wait up for me." jihoon replied, laila sleeping in his arms.

"it's okay! but before we go to sleep i want to show you something." seokmin wakes noah up, pulls them to the balcony before heading back inside to get jihoon's guitar. he joins them in the balcony sitting in front of jihoon and his kids, guitar at hand and the sight of them just took his breath away. jihoon smiling, hair mussed and looking beautiful, with laila on his arms who just woke up, happily clapping her hands as he saw seokmin with a guitar while noah observed the three of them, grinning. seokmin couldn't ask for more, he was contented with what he had.

"happy birthday, jihoon."
seokmin starts strumming the guitar, it's maple wood was satisfying in his hand and it's tones were rich and full. the strumming sound had a hypnotic soothing quality that spoke a musical language, and seokmin's voice. it was really like an angel singing in front of you, cleansing your very soul.


"He's my sunshine in the rain,
My Tylenol when I'm in pain yeah,
Let me tell you what he means to me,"


as seokmin sings, he relives the days he and jihoon were still innocent and young, trying to reach their dreams and be part of this group called SEVENTEEN.


"Like a tall glass of lemonade,
When it's burning hot on summer days,
He's exactly what I need."


from his trainee days to the last days of being a member of SEVENTEEN, jihoon was always there for him through his happy days and break downs. he never fails to lift his spirits up, even just a simple hug from the older seokmin would feel energized. when everyone turned their backs against seokmin jihoon was there to support him and fight the battle with him.


"He's soothing like the ocean rushing on the sand,
He takes care of me baby,
He helps me be a better man,
He's so beautiful, sometimes I stop to close my eyes."


when in seokmin's darkest days, jihoon is there to light the room with hope and happiness. he replaces seokmin's pain with strength and encourages him to stay strong no matter what happens. he made and still makes seokmin feel like the most beautiful human being, he cherishes him and never fails to show his love for him. he makes seokmin hot choco whenever he feels upset and cuddles with him on bed despite of his protests, but seokmin knows he likes it too. he said he wasn't like this before but when seokmin came into his life, he became soft and transparent. seokmin can really say that he is the luckiest man indeed to be loved by lee jihoon.


"He's exactly what I need,
He's my smile when I'm feeling blue,
He's my good night sleep when my day is through yeah."


jihoon is and always was and always will, be one of the warmest and most loving individuals seokmin has ever met in his life. he’s so talented and so strong, and seokmin loves him and will always love him. he has this immense power to immerse someone in whatever emotions he needed to confess through his songs and his vocals. and seokmin treasured and will always treasure that ability. his smile is the brightest. always. he shined the brightest on stage, inside the dorm, smiling, laughing, dancing, singing, loving, comforting, encouraging. 'my jihoonie shines the brightest.' he’s a starlit compass that escorts everyone with his clarity and his voice, and he always will.


"Let me tell you what he means to me,
(He's kinda like this),
Kinda like the feeling after your first kiss,
Except that everyday he makes me feel like this,
He's exactly what I need."


jihoon means the whole universe to seokmin. if seokmin got seperated from jihoon, seokmin would kill just to be with him again. seokmin will protect him from all the harsh things the world could offer just like the way he did to him. he has a beautiful spirit and loved by many, he has inspired not only seokmin and the kids but countless of other human beings out there with his music and bright personality.
just by the sight of jihoon, he makes seokmin's day go from 0 to 1000000. he makes seokmin feel great things and he doesn't want to let go of him ever. and by singing this song, seokmin wants him to know that he is the only lee jihoon for him.


"He's soothing like the ocean rushing on the sand,
He takes care of me baby,
He helps me be a better man,
He's so beautiful, sometimes I stop to close my eyes,
He's exactly what I need."


cheers to the simple fights they had, like where to hang the frames and dealing with jihoon's bossy attitude, endless bickering to meeting in the middle of the bed and hugging tightly because the have waited for this, for being together, for so long and because they can’t sleep without the other’s warmth and getting angry at each other. to picking what to wear for the next day when they go to their date to picking what is the best school their child should go to. cheers to all the petty competitions they had just to prove who's right, even tagging seungkwan along with this as their referee to learning to compromise and never let their pride win. cheers to all their friends and family who were always there for them


"they say forever's not real but let's prove them wrong jihoonie!" seokmin shouts once he finished singing and kissed jihoon's forehead.

"since when did you became so corny?" jihoon replies but seokmin knows it's a joke telling from the way jihoon giggles.

staring at the beautiful faces of their children, they stood side by side on the doorway, arms wrapped around each other.

"i love you jihoon."

"i love you too."


and cheers to the endless love they have for each other.