FINAL

dream of her own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yes. Yes. Mommy will buy you one, okay?" 

Yoohyeon watches with a smile as a young child pulls her mother's shirt for a cone of ice cream. The mother is busy looking for something from a different stall and could not attend to the child's need right away. 

There's a soft tug in Yoohyeon's heart as the kid jumps into places, checking every little thing that would catch her curiousity. The kid is very young. Yoohyeon assumes she's no older than four. She looks so adorable, like she has the sun at her pocket with how bright her smile is. Yoohyeon's gaze lingered a little too long and their eyes meet. 

Yoohyeon looked away as if she was caught doing something wrong.  Her gut tightens and she forced a lump down and let it burn her chest.

And she remembered she's with Minji. 

She turned to look at Minji who was, at that moment, paying at the counter for the groceries. Her mind created an image of a young kid pulling Minji's dress for a cone of ice cream and it made her feel both excited and worried. 

Yoohyeon shrugged the thought away. 


--- 

Tiny giggles filled the entire room as Yoohyeon immersed herself in videos of toddlers messing around on Youtube. She even made a playlist out of it. It has become a hobby. It's one of the little things that give her joy. She was enjoying it so much she didn't notice that the door to the bedroom opened and walked in was Minji already in her nightgown. 

Yoohyeon quickly turned her phone off and set it aside before Minji tucked herself in the blanket, arms quick to wrap around Yoohyeon's waist. 

"What were you watching?" Minji asked, nuzzling her face on Yoohyeon's neck. 

"Um... Some random videos Bora sent me." 

And Minji bought that, of course. 

Weeks after that event and Yoohyeon have become very careful around Minji in fear of offending her wife. Her dream to have a child is still there, stronger even but the worry of hurting Minji again with what the latter thinks a selfish wish, Yoohyeon kept her dream to herself. 


--- 


Siyeon dropped the last bag she was holding in front of Yoohyeon, handling a tiny body to the taller girl. 

"We promise to be back after two days. Please, take care of my niece or my sister will kill me." 

Yoohyeon winced and carefully took little Gahyeon from Siyeon, her chest clenched at how cute the baby was. 

"Can you not bring her?" Yoohyeon felt apprehension and she was shaking for a reason that was more familiar with her than she thought it was. 

"We want to but Bora plans to enjoy the trip to the fullest. Gahyeon will be safer with you." 

"But Minji--" 

The thoughts that were already set aside long ago resurfaced in Yoohyeon's mind and a frown was then painted on her face. 

Siyeon sighed and gave her shoulder a tap. 

"I'm so sorry." Siyeon said, as though she can feel how Yoohyeon was feeling. She's Yoohyeon's best friend after all. "Minji may hate kids, but she's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter