final

Did you love her?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They were 13 when they first met, an age where they don't know anything about life. 

 

But Sana just know that she wants to be Dahyun's friend forever and ever. 

 

She was a transferred student from another school, wearing a hoodie that says "I Love Unicorns" when she first stepped into the classroom. The teacher made her took the seat beside Sana's after a brief introduction, and that was how Sana and her started off -- as deskmates.

 

The first few days was awkward. It's not that Sana doesn't want to try talking to her, but the girl always seemed so occupied during classes, either focusing during mathematics class or doodling during language class, and Sana didn't really wanted to annoy the girl. And so, Sana would usually resume her daydreams during classes, until one time, she got herself into trouble. Almost. 

 

"Ms Minatozaki, do you mind coming to the front and solve this question?" Sana snapped back from her thoughts as she looked towards her mathematics teacher. 

 

"Y-Yes?" Sana replied timidly. 

 

"You have been daydreaming the moment I enter the classroom, so I assume you already know how to solve it. Come on, give it a try, it's just algebra." The teacher said, failed to hide a sacarstic snort at the end of her sentence. 

 

There she was, standing up on her seat, being eyed by the other 20 kids in the classroom, thinking that she'd be made fun of for the rest of the week. She cursed the teacher in her mind, and blamed herself afterwards for not paying attention. Just when she thought she was going to be the joke of the week, the girl sitting beside her slid a small note to her desk. 

 

She looked at it, seeing some equations that consists of numbers and x's. Dahyun then shifted her eyes from the note and gave a small nod towards the whiteboard. Oh, Dahyun just gave her the answers to the question. 

 

Without much consideration, Sana took the small note and hid it in her fist, walking up to the board and wrote on it. Sana dusted off her hands when she's done writing, and she turned around. She had never saw her teacher looked that amused. She never said a thing next, not even a compliment or anything at all, merely carrying on with her lessons. 

 

"Thanks, Dahyun." Sana managed to lean towards her deskmate and whisper to her without their teacher noticing. 

 

The girl just smiled, gesturing for Sana to pay attention in class before the teacher catches her again. Sana spent another short second staring at Dahyun's face, realizing that her smile was suddenly one of her favourite things. 

 

.....................................

 

"Dahyun, come sit with us!" Sana called out, waving her hand at the girl who was a few tables away. 

 

She thought she should've done this much earlier, as she had noticed that Dahyun had been eating lunch alone for the past week. 

 

Dahyun nodded, and she walked towards Sana holding her tray in her hands. She smiled and greeted the group of girls with a warm smile, "H-Hi, I'm Dahyun. Please take care of me well." 

 

She sat down right beside Sana, as the seats around her was taken by another two girls. 

 

"This is Mina," Sana introduced, and the girl sitting opposite her gave a small smile, "And this is Momo." While the girl sitting beside Mina gave a small wave, as she proceeded to stare at the burger in front of her with a frown. 

 

"Is it me or the burger's getting smaller and smaller each day?" Momo asked, holding up the burger to eye level, carefully examining it. 

 

"It's probably just you, Momo." Mina spoke, and her voice was soft. Dahyun thought if she wasn't paying attention enough, she wouldn't even know if the girl had spoken. 

 

"This is a scam. I'm going to talk to the cafeteria lady." She said, ignoring whatever her friend had just said. 

 

Dahyun watched as Momo got up while holding the burger in one of her hand and walked towards a middle-aged lady and seemingly arguing something with her. 

 

"Don't mind her. She's always like that when somebody messes with her, especially her food." Sana face-palmed herself while Mina let out an embarrassed smile directing to Dahyun. 

 

Dahyun's eyes looked away from Momo once she heard Sana's voice. She let out an understanding nod, "You guys seem to be very good friends." 

 

"We are! We've known each other since forever." Sana replied, letting out a bubbly giggle afterwards. 

 

"Oh right, Sana, my parents said yes to our sleepover this coming Saturday! I can't wait for it to happen!" Mina said, almost yelping although voice still soft. But Dahyun could see it from her face that she was genuinely excited. 

 

"Really?! Oh my god! It's been a while since we do this! I'm so excited for it!" Sana's hand made its way to grab Mina's, as she squealed in excitement. 

 

Dahyun watched with a smile on her face. Sana noticed it, and she tapped on Dahyun's shoulder making her look at her in the eyes. 

 

"You want to come?" Sana asked, returning a smile to the girl who was always smiling. 

 

"M-Me? Don't you guys mind?" Dahyun asked, eyes popping wide. They've just known each other for a week and now Sana is kind enough to invite her to the sleepover that's obviously a 'Friend's Only' event. 

 

"I don't." Sana said while Mina shook her head. 

 

Just then, Momo came back with an obviously bigger burger in her hand. "See what I got!" 

 

Three of them focused on the burger, wondering how'd Momo worked her magic until Sana asked her, "Hey Momo, do you mind if Dahyun joins our sleepover this Saturday?" 

 

Momo did not reply instantly, just looking at Dahyun with an unreadable expression, as if she would feel awkward with an extra guest at their friends-only event. But before Dahyun could even reject, Momo got ahead of her and spoke. 

 

"I won't if she's buying the snacks." Momo said with a shrug, munching on her burger with a victorious smile on her face. She's just so damn proud of herself for getting a bigger burger. 

 

"Sure I'll get the snacks!" Dahyun promised immediately, and the rest of the girls smiled widely. 

 

"Then it'll be MiSaMo and Dahyun!" Sana announced, obviously happy with it. 

 

And she reminded herself to prepare another set of blanket for their new friend. 

 

/// 

 

At age 16, Sana's mum first talked to her about love. Her mum told her the feeling about being in love, told Sana that love is when that person makes you feel special, and the person makes you feel all the butterfiles in your stomach. 

 

Sana listened to her carefully, and tried to think of anyone at all who made her feel that way. Her mind went blank, and she couldn't think of any. 

 

Her mother added, saying that love isn't a feeling that you get each day, it just happens once in a lifetime with your soulmate and if you're lucky enough, you'd be able to spend a lifetime with that person. 

 

And Sana thought it's too early for her to talk about soulmate. 

 

But it would be a lie if we say that Sana is not curious about it, and she thought it would be great if she could experience it. 

 

Dahyun competed in a piano competition months ago, and she won the first prize. Ever since then, she'd always be at the piano room in their school and worked hard practicing it. The fact that Dahyun was too occupied with her pianist dream bugged Sana a little, not that she had ever asked Dahyun to try to balance up her social life and her piano life, but she thought it'd be better if the latter could show up for their sleepovers. 

 

"I've ordered cupcakes for my--" Sana said, but was cut off by Momo. 

 

"Chocolate with the rainbow sprinkles?" Momo asked, eyeing at her friend and looked like she's ready to throw a fist at Sana if she said no. 

 

"Yes, chocolate with the rainbow sprinkles." Sana nodded and rolled her eyes playfully, Momo grinned widely upon hearing her friend has ordered her favourite flavour, "And I was planning to invite a few more of the people from the dancing club." 

 

Sana had been planning for her sweet sixteen birthday party since a month ago. Her birthday is a week away, and she had gotten everything planned and ready except for the one important person who's still on the pending list. 

 

"Is Dubu coming?" Mina asked, turning around from the desk and looked away from her laptop, taking a break from her daily dose of cute dogs videos. 

 

Dubu, that person who's still on the pending list. 

 

Sana huffed, "I'm not sure... I don't think she's free that day." 

 

Dahyun had been disappointing her a lot lately. Piano was her priority, Sana tried to be understanding but it's hard to not feel the sting in her heart thinking that she and the other friends had downgraded in Dahyun's list of priority. She's not even sure if she's on it anymore at this point of time. 

 

"Let's facetime her now and see what she's up to." Momo suggested, already picking up her phone from the side table beside the bed. 

 

"No, she's probably busy now too." Sana said, and she's not sure if she really didn't wanted Momo to call or she should give in to her heart, knowing that it misses her dear friend very much. 

 

Momo didn't cared Sana's comment; she never does. She unlocked her phone and pressed onto Dahyun's contact name and turned it into video mode. 

 

Dahyun picked up after a few rings. 

 

"Yoooo my friends! What's up?" 

 

They all greeted her and Sana saw she was sitting in front of the piano. She checked the time, it was already 9pm and the girl was still practicing. 

 

"Quick question, are you free next Saturday night?" Momo asked, don't even bother to beat around the bushes. 

 

Dahyun looked around her place upon hearing the question and walked away for a few short seconds. She came back with a calendar in her hand, slightly frowning. 

 

"Next Saturday.... 29 of December... " Dahyun paused for a short moment, but Sana felt like it was at least an hour long. And she reminded herself to not get her hopes high. 

 

"I have an audition on 29 December. I don't think I'm available that day..." 

 

Although Sana told herself to not get her hopes high, but still, she felt her heart sinks more than it should. 

 

"Why? What's happening on that day?" 

 

And Sana could literally feel her heart tugs on its own, and she felt like she couldn't breathe. How could Dahyun forget?

 

"It's Satang's birthday, you idiot! Everyone in town is coming, except for you." Momo yelled, holding her phone nearer to herself as if she was going to swallow it and that if she yells loud enough, it's going to change a thing. 

 

"Oh ... Sana? Sana, I'm so sorry... I'm really busy recently and I think I can't make it to your birthday party..." 

 

"It's fine, Dahyunnie. The audition is much more important." Sana commented heartlessly, hoping the fake smile that she showed Dahyun was enough for moments like this. 

 

"I'm really sorry, Sana. I promise I'll make it up to you. I'll buy you a huge cake and the bracelet that you've always wanted, promise." 

 

Sana didn't really have the heart to let it out on the girl in the phone. She knows that Dahyun had been really busy and she knows that she shouldn't be expecting much from her. The phone call ended with Dahyun apologizing again and again while Sana telling her it's not a big deal each time she says sorry. 

 

Mina noticed how sad Sana was, and she placed a hand on the girl's shoulder, "Don't be like this, Satang. She promised to make it up to you, didn't she?" 

 

"Plus, you have everybody else with you that night! You still have Mina and I." Momo added, pulling her friend in and gave her a tight hug, almost crushing her ribs. 

 

"I know... But Dahyun is..." special, but Sana managed to swallow the word back into before it slips out, "Dahyun. She's not Mina and she's not you. It just to not have her around." 

 

"Totally." Mina responded, joining her two friends who were cuddling. 

 

................................................

 

Sana never knew how tired it was to hold a birthday party until the day she was holding her party. She told herself never again she's going to host a party, thinking that not that it matter if not all of her loved ones were going to attend the party. 

 

Everything was going well and everybody seems like they were enjoying themselves. Sana thought she could enjoy her own party more if Dahyun could show up. But she would brush off the thought, convincing herself that her world isn't going to fall apart without Dahyun. 
 

"Sana, it's 10pm now, do you want to bring out the cake?" Sana's mother asked, and the daughter gave a nod. 
 

Somebody switched off the light after Sana made her way towards the backdrop that says "SWEET SIXTEEN" and she clapped awkwardly while the guests sang the happy birthday song for her. 
 

She was expecting Momo or Mina or Momo and Mina to bring out her birthday cake. But it was neither. The girl had her hair tied up in a high bun, and with the help of the candlelight, she could see her thin lips and the familiar monolids. 
 

"D-Dahyunnie?" Sana made a wild guess and the smile on the girl's face had gotten wider. And she knew her guessing was right. 
 

By the time the birthday song come to an end, Dahyun held the cake on Sana's mouth level allowing her to blow the candles off after making a wish. 
 

As if one of the guest could read her mind, the lights flickered open. Sana's eyes immediately locked on the girl who brought out the cake, trying to confirm that she wasn't hallucinating. 
 

"Surprise!" The girl yelled, and pulled Sana in for a hug. 
 

Sana returned the hug, hands slowly embracing the shorter girl. She inhaled, and her lungs were filled with with the sweet vanilla scent. 
 

No, she wasn't hallucinating. It really is Dahyun. 
 

Sana pulled away from the hug and asked, "How'd you come?" 
 

"How could I not?" Looking confused, Dahyun tried not to frown too hard. 
 

"What about the audition?" Sana asked eagerly, as much as she wanted Dahyun to attend her party, she couldn't forgive herself if anything bad happen to Dahyun's audition because of her or her birthday party. 
 

Dahyun shrugged, looking away, "Well, they have another audition on March so I guess it could wait?" 
 

So Dahyun chose Sana over the audition, she chose Sana over her pianist dream. 
 

"What? How could you-- You guys let her do that?" Sana looked over towards the other two friends who looked as happy as the others. 
 

Mina merely shrugged, while Momo said, "A simple thank you would be fine, Satang." 
 

Sana glanced over the people who made her 16th birthday a special one, and fixed on Dahyun who was smiling. This girl just ditched an important audition just to surprise her, and this girl just made everything a little bit more special than it should be. 
 

"Dahyun...." Sana called out softly, mind going blank from what she was going to say. But it was as if Dahyun could read her mind, as she pulled Sana in for another embrace, saving up everything that she's going to say by just feeling each other's warmth. 
 

"To more birthdays with you, Sana." She heard Dahyun whisper beside herself.  
 

Sana knew her mother was right, for she had felt the butterflies flying all around her body that night. 
 

 

/// 

 

Every girls in senior year was talking about boys and kisses. Not that Sana has zero interest in dating, but she thought she doesn't want her first love to be a random guy from school.
 

She wants it to be special. 
 

And everytime this thought comes across her mind, her gaze would land on the bracelet on her wrist. She had been wearing it since 16, as it was a gift from Dahyun, having a pendant with customized wording that says 'SaiDa' on it. 
 

Sana knows she's a clumsy person, always tripping on air when she walks or losing something each and every day, and she thought it's a miracle that she's able to keep this bracelet for more than a year now. 
 

"You're staring at it again." Sana didn't even need to look up to know who's speaking. There's only one girl who can sound so soft and soothing at the same time. 
 

"I wasn't." She lied, dodging the dagger-like stares from Mina. 
 

"You're not getting any better at lying, Satang." Mina hummed non-chalantly, as if she had knew her best friend had been crushing on her other best friend for a while now. 
 

"W-Where's Momo?" Sana tried changing the topic, trying to distract her friend while trying to hide her already-blushing cheeks. But her eyes scanned across the cafeteria, and by the time her eyes saw Dahyun, she wasn't even hearing what Mina had answered her. 
 

Dahyun was standing approximately 20 steps away from her, and she saw a guy, Mark leaning in and whispering something beside her ears before she landed a playful slap on his arm. 
 

She frowned, not recalling that Dahyun was friends with the good looking student athlete. But from the way they interact, they look closer than Sana had ever imagined. 
 

"Are you listening?" Mina asked and it snapped Sana back to reality. 
 

She did not answer, as her head dropped low, as if her thoughts makes it hard for her to lift her chin. 
 

The next few weeks, she restrained herself from activating her detective mode. But it's hard to kill her curiosity whenever she sees the shorter girl having secret discussions with the guy at one corner of the cafeteria almost every day during lunch. 
 

And so, she had decided to confront Dahyun. 
 

She saw Dahyun bid farewell with the guy and walking towards herself. Okay, she's going to do this, she's going to ask Dahyun what is up between the both of them and if she's dating the guy, no, Dahyun can't be dating him, but what if she is, maybe she should just ask her everything and-- 

 

"Let's go to the movies this weekend." Dahyun said, taking the empty seat opposite Sana. 
 

"What?" She heard Dahyun, but she wasn't sure if she heard it right. Did her crush just-- 

 

"I thought you said you wanted to watch Aladdin. Let's go watch it. Is Friday night fine for you?" Dahyun asked, a smile that Sana has always loved hanging on her face. 
 

Yes, her crush did just asked her out. 
 

"Yeah, I love it." Sana couldn't hide the smile and she let out a bubbly giggle. Her hands unknowingly reached for the SaiDa bracelet that Dahyun had gotten her a year ago, thinking that the lucky charm finally worked. 

 

........................................................
 

Weekend came by, and Sana had been choosing the perfect outfit for her date. She doesn't even know if it's a date date, but all she knows that it's the first step. 
 

Her first step to spend a lifetime with her possible soulmate. 
 

Sana got out wearing a pair of denim shorts pairing with an off-shoulder. Her mother chuckled when she sees her outfit, reminding her that it's probably going to be cold in the cinema. Not that she doesn't know it, but she knew Dahyun would be wearing an outer jacket everytime they hangout and she's just going to ask for her jacket and she'd get to sniff on her favourite sweet vanilla scent during the movie. 
 

"Hey, sorry I was a little late. We can go in now!" Sana greeted with the brightest smile ever, but Dahyun didn't look as energetic as she had expected. 
 

Dahyun turned around, sending a small smile towards her friend. Just when Sana was ready to grab on the girl's wrist and drag her into the line to buy tickets, somebody tapped on her shoulder. 
 

"Hi Sana. I've got the tickets and the popcorns ready, we can go in now." The face wasn't unfamiliar, everybody from their school could recognize this face. 
 

"Mark? Why are you here?" Sana asked, slightly locking her brows. 
 

"You wanted to watch Aladdin, didn't you? Your ticket is here with me." The guy smiled, but to Sana, it wasn't as charming as Dahyun's. 
 

Sana's head jerked over towards Dahyun, eyeing the girl in disbelief. She just hoped whatever she had heard was a dream, or she was just having imagination, or just anything at all that's not true. 
 

Dahyun looked away, obviously avoiding eye contact with Sana. 
 

"L-Lets go now or we're going to be late." Dahyun stuttered, and she herself walked towards the door, leaving Sana and Mark to follow afterwards. 
 

The seating placement couldn't be worse. Sana was seated in between Dahyun and Mark, but she kept shifting towards Dahyun. She doesn't even know Mark, maybe a few pen-borrowing encounter in class. 
 

Sana wasn't even paying attention to what's playing on the screen. She had finally figured it out, it was as if she finally gotten the answer to why Dahyun would always have those secretive discussion with the guy. Dahyun had been matchmaking Sana with Mark. 
 

Upon this thought, she let out a small scoff, to which Mark had noticed. 
 

"Are you cold?" He leaned in and whispered to Sana. 
 

She shook her head immediately, trying to hide her thoughts as well as her freezing hand. 
 

The guy removed his own jacket and placed it on Sana's laps, no matter how Sana kept rejecting it. She gave in, seeing that Dahyun didn't even flinch beside her, eyes stuck on the screen, as though she's not bothered by the fact that she was being harassed by Mark with his jacket. 
 

She had imagined a jacket placed over her thigh like this, but Dahyun's, not anybody else's. Only Dahyun's. Just the thought of this was enough to make her blood boil a little. 
 

The movie ended, and Sana thanked the angels for it. She just can't wait for this ty night to end. But then Mark suddenly suggested to get ice cream. Who the hell eats ice cream at 10pm? (Sana does, always sneaks out from her bedroom during the night to savor on the tub of ice cream, but at this moment she genuinely despise anyone who does.) 
 

Sana wanted to say no, but she saw the look in Dahyun's eyes, like she was begging for her to just comply. And so she did. She went, and Mark paid for their orders, and he started telling stories about how he got into the running team and how well he's doing. 
 

To Sana, he was just bragging. 
 

She couldn't care less about him, as she just gave small responses like a small smile or a meaningless laugh at whatever the guy's saying. Dahyun was at the side, tapping on her phone screen and checking the time constantly. And that was when Sana realized that Dahyun was just as uninterested as she was. 
 

Sana straight up told the guy that she was tired and wanted to go back home. And they bid farewell not long after. 
 

Dahyun offered to walk Sana back home, and nobody said a thing along the road. The night was cold, and Sana shivers everytime the breeze brushes through her skin. 
 

"H-Here." Dahyun finally said something, and Sana looked over, seeing that the girl had just offered her the jacket that she had been wearing the entire night. 
 

Her heart told her to take it and make her dream come true, while her mind told her to just yank it to the ground. 

 

She did neither, just ignored the shorter girl as she fasten her pace towards home. The only thing she wanted to do was to get in bed and curl herself in her blanket. 
 

"Can you stop being mad?" Dahyun asked timidly.
 

"I'm not." Sana lied.
 

She had been secretly anticipating for the movie date with Dahyun to happen, but turns out it was just a 3 person date with Mark. And what's more ridiculous is that Dahyun is actually matchmaking her with another guy. 
 

"You are..." Dahyun mumbled under her breath. 
 

Sana heard it, and that was when she exploded, "Then tell me what was that?" 
 

Dahyun looked down for a short moment, dare not to look into Sana's eyes. 
 

"Mark made me ask you out on a date."
 

"Duh! I mean why? Why in the world would you do that?" Sana barked, finally letting out her anger on Dahyun. 
 

"He seem nice and perfect for you, so I thought you'd want to date him--" 

 

And something in Sana snapped. 

 

"I thought you were asking me out on a movie date and I spent the entire evening picking an outfit, I was nearly freezed to death in the cinema but you don't even care. I thought this was going to be a perfect night, but you and your stupid matchmaking plan just ruined it. I hate everything about tonight! I hate you!" Sana exploded, and she her heels, slamming the door with a loud bang, shutting the other girl out at the doorway. 

 

Maybe Sana doesn't hate Dahyun for everything she's done that night, she just hated Dahyun for being so clueless. 


Maybe Sana hated herself for falling for her best friend.

 

.......................................................................

 

Sana blamed herself for saying those words out loud that night. If she knew this would only lead to Dahyun avoiding her for the next few weeks, she wouldn't have done it. Not in a million years. 

 

It's killing her, sitting beside Dahyun but not having the girl having any kind of interaction with her. Sana had been dying to reconcile, but from how Dahyun would dash out from the classroom when the bell rings, and from how she hides herself at the other side of the school during lunch or free periods, Sana wasn't quite sure if Dahyun's ever ready for her apology. 

 

Sana tore a small piece of paper from her notebook, writing something on it and slid it to Dahyun's side of the table right on time, which is 5 minutes before the bell goes off, knowing that Dahyun would flee the moment she heard it. 

 

'Walk me home later?' 

 

Dahyun seemed to be in great struggle after receiving Sana's note, picking up her pen, clicking on it but doesn't write a reply. And before she could even make up her mind, the bell rang and Sana hasn't got an answer from Dahyun. That might be the longest and the most disappointing 5 minutes Sana has ever experienced in her entire life, but Dahyun didn't just vanish just like how she did for the past few weeks. 

 

Sana took that as a yes, and Dahyun had been following behind her. She hears Dahyun's footsteps behind her, wondering why wouldn't the shorter girl come beside her. 

 

"Are you still mad at me?" Sana turned around, asking the question just to saw Dahyun lifting her chin up and meet her eyes. The moment their eyes met, Dahyun looked away almost immediately. 

 

"I... I thought you were mad at me..." Sounded absolutely disheartened, Dahyun let out a sigh. 

 

"N-No... I wasn't... I just... I'm so confused... And I don't really mean what I said..." Sana stuttered, already making her way closer to Dahyun, "It was silly of me to let it out on you, when it really was just me giving myself false hope." 

 

Dahyun's mouth opened, but nothing comes out of it. And Sana just waited, she didn't know what she was waiting for, but she did, stood there in front of a flustered girl not knowing what's the right thing to say. But Sana never pressures people. 

 

"It's fine. I just want to say sorry for yelling at you the other day. We cool?" Sana asked, faking a smile when all she wanted to do was to hide herself in her blanket and cry a little. 

 

"Y-Yeah, we are." Dahyun stammered, smiling awkwardly, for some reason. 

 

Sana turned around, immediately dropping the fake smile as she walked away from Dahyun. Great, now after this awkward talk with Dahyun, nothing's ever going to be the same, she's going to lose her best friend. 

 

"I should've been honest with you!" Dahyun's voice was louder than usual. 

 

Sana turned around, just to see Dahyun balling her fist and breahting rapidly like she had finally decided on something so damn important. 

 

"Jihyo told me that I should tell you the moment I realize it, instead of keeping my feelings to myself like how I did and the stupidest thing I could ever do was to ask you out for Mark." Dahyun said in one breath, still panting after saying those words. 
 

"Jihyo?" Sana asked, not recalling if she had ever heard this name occurring. 
 

"Yeah she was my childhood friend who lived across the street. Smart kid with huge eyes." Dahyun explained, hands reaching for her own nape and scratched it. 
 

"Oh." That was the only thing that Sana said, and to think of it, asking somebody about their old friend at times like this is kind of odd. 
 

"I knew I liked you since... I don't know... since the night I slept at your place with Mina and Momo. Not to sound creepy but I can still remember what you were wearing, it was the--" 

 

"Pink hello kitty pajamas." Sana completed the sentence for Dahyun, "...And you were wearing the blue polka dots pajamas." 
 

Dahyun looked up, with widened eyes, "Y-You remember that night too?" 
 

How could Sana just forget the first night when she get to cuddle Dahyun to sleep, and that was the night she found out that her favourite scent was Dahyun's sweet vanilla. 
 

"Everything about it." 
 

/// 


They kept it a secret at first, a little secret that only both of them know, and nobody else. 
 

Dahyun had been actively joining Sana during lunch break, pushing all her piano practices to a later timing because she just felt like she don't want to miss a single minute with her. 
 

After classes, Sana would sneak into the piano room and keep Dahyun company while she was practicing. 
 

"Come, sit here." Dahyun said as she patted the empty space beside herself. 
 

Sana smiled, walked over to join her girlfriend. Her hands traced on the black and white keys, until it brushes on Dahyun's hand. Her heart beats a little bit faster than usual when Dahyun sends her a smile, before placing both her hands on the piano and leave them dancing gracefully on it. 
 

"You don't really have to come here everyday with me, you know?" Dahyun said softly, fingers still pressing on the keys that plays a soothing music. 
 

"You don't want me around?" Sana pouted, glancing over towards the pianist. 
 

Dahyun chuckled, "No of course not! I just... I don't want you to be bored." 
 

Looking up from the piano, Dahyun's eyes met with Sana's. Sana has always thought Dahyun's monolid eyes were attractive, and the dark brown orbs behind them makes the diamonds shine a little less brighter. 
 

"I'm not bored. I love seeing you play." Sana hummed, hands snaking around the other girl's waist as she rested her own chin on her shoulder. 
 

"What a flirt!" Dahyun smiled. 
 

And both of them stayed in silence while the music keeps flowing non stop. Sana hasn't thought about her future, but if she was to agree on her mother's idea of having a soulmate and spend it with her soulmate for a lifetime, she would love to do it. 
 

She hopes she's one of the lucky ones, she hopes she could be with Dahyun forever and ever. 
 

She knew she'd never get tired of Dahyun's smile, Dahyun's sweet vanilla scent, and she knew she would give everything it takes to rest her chin on Dahyun's shoulder while she plays on the piano. 
 

Forever would seem so short for her if it happens. 
 

"Actually, I feel bad..." Sana heaved a small sigh. 
 

"Why?" Dahyun asked, and her fingers movement had become slower. 
 

"I think we should tell Momo and Mina about us..." Sana said in a soft voice, as the worries of how both of them would react to this suddenly rushed into her mind. Will they get mad at them? What if they feel left out? What if they feel awkward? 
 

She heard Dahyun missed a key on the piano and she had stopped playing adruptly. She lifted her fingers from the piano, placing it on Sana's hands that was on her waist. 
 

"Then let's do it." Dahyun said, thumb caressing on Sana's skin. 
 

"What if they feel uncomfortable?" Sana asked. She loves Dahyun, but she loves her two other friends too. The three of them had been through so much together and they have grew up together. 
 

"They won't. Trust me, they won't." Dahyun promised, and knowing very well that it's probably just some comfort words that Dahyun had said for the sake of calming Sana down, she feels much better. 
 

Dahyun always makes her feel much better. 
 

.................................................

 

They've agreed on breaking the news to their friends during the weekend, but Sana thought if Mina and Momo ever deserve the truth (which they totally do, for they are Sana's favourite person after Dahyun), it has to come from herself. She just couldn't wait till Saturday, the day where they have originally planned to disclose their dating news to them. 
 

"I have something to tell both of you." She started off, and she saw how both of her friends had suddenly looked at her. 
 

"Yeah your face looks like you have a lot to tell." Momo shrugged while Mina gently nudged her. 
 

"What is it, Satang?" Mina asked. Sana smiles at her friend, thanking her for making this easier. 
 

"I-- I'm dating someone." Sana said, eyeing the change of expression on her friend's face carefully. Mina looked confused while Momo... well, she looked like she doesn't give a flying . 
 

"Mark?" Momo asked next, her face looking like she's rooting for the answer to be a no. 
 

Sana shook her head. 
 

"If you're going to make us guess, then I'm making this into a bet. Mina, I'm betting 20, it's her." Momo said, hands gesturing as if she's already the winner of the bet. 
 

"My bet is on her too, so it's going to be a draw anyways." Mina said, and Momo pouted. 
 

Mina and Momo exchanged a glance between each other and spoke at the same time, "Dahyun." 
 

It's not even a question anymore, they just said out the name so confidently like it's impossible to not be Dahyun. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter