fin

it's the thought that counts, right?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongdae had a headache. And it was bad.

It wasn't bad enough to be a full flown migraine, but it was pretty damn close. It hit him rather suddenly while he and Baekhyun were eating breakfast, and he somehow staggered to the couch to lie down, his world dizzy, noisy, and too damn bright. Baekhyun had wanted to stay home from work to take care of Jongdae, but the latter had insisted that he would, indeed, not die in the 9 hour period Baekhyun would be gone. So, after putting on the pair's dinosaur humidifier, making some green tea, retrieving pain medication, and covering Jongdae in a warm blanket and gentle kisses, Baekhyun reluctantly left for work.

Jongdae didn't get these kinds of headaches often, only once every couple of months. However, when he did suffer from them, they put him out of commission for the day. It , yeah, but it could definitely be much, much worse.

Throughout the day, Jongdae was in and out of sleep. Baekhyun texted him throughout the day, asking him if he was okay and asking if he should pick anything up from the store on the way home. Looking at his phone screen in the dark room hurt Jongdae's eyes a bit, but it didn't do too much damage. He said that he was okay and that he didn't need anything, but he knew how Baekhyun was - the elder would likely come home with bags of ice cream, tea, heat packs, cold packs, and anything else he deemed necessary to make his partner feel better. Jongdae loved that about Baekhyun, how caring and protective he was, despite his rambunctious and intense personality.

It was around 5:45 when Jongdae, still a little bit asleep, heard familiar footsteps approaching the apartment door. He didn't open his eyes, but the sounds of bags rustling, a couple cute sneezes, and the eventual electronic beeps from the number pad lock. He could practically hear Baekhyun's slight hesitation before the latter slowly opened the door.

"Dae, you still here?" the aforementioned called out from the entryway, kicking off his shoes and looking around the dark room.

"No, I disappeared," Jongdae replied, his voice slightly scratchy from not talking all day. He heard Baekhyun snort before making his way over to his couch-ridden boyfriend. He knelt by Jongdae's head and immediately reached up to run his fingers through the younger's hair.

"Well, then," he said, voice teasing but actions sweet and soothing, "I guess I'll have to eat all the strawberry ice cream by myself."

Jongdae smiled broadly.

"No, you won't," the latter replied, "you'd be too worried about gaining weight."

"It'll all go to my ," Baekhyun snickered, "I'm okay with that."

"That's not how weight gain works, but whatever you say."

"What do you know about weight gain?" the elder chuckled, "you've been the same skinny beansprout for 3 years now."

Jongdae smiled sadly but didn't protest. He had recently started going to the gym in attempt to build some muscle, but even with the outline of a six-pack beginning to form, he was still rather petite. Baekhyun, on the other hand, had broadened out over the years in all the right place. Not that Jongdae was complaining.

Allowing his smug attitude to dissipate, Baekhyun leaned in to place a gentle kiss on his boyfriend's forehead.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, voice now warm and soft. Jongdae sighed.

"Not too bad," he replied quietly, "headache's still there, but my brain's not pounding, and light doesn't make me want to gouge my own eyeballs out."

Baekhyun couldn't help but chuckle before kissing his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter