Omelette Love

Omelette Love

 

      The school was filled with red, pink and white colours. Streamers and ribbons were everywhere. Heart shapes and cupid arrows sprung around the ceilings. Everyone was getting excited for valentine's day. I shuffled my feet from side to side. Everyone is so excited about it except for me. I never had a boyfriend before or have never been on a date. I blew a raspberry in frustration.

 

       Hyuna ran up to me and grabbed my hands. “Come! Come! Get into spirit!” she cried with a voice filled with joy. Hyuna is so pretty and very socializing. She can get all the boys she wants in the blink of an eye.

 

       I followed quickly behind her. She threw a box of confetti and streamers to decorate the school. Today, we will be having a valentine's day festival. Our school hasn't had one in years. Everyone is allowed to come to the festival. It starts right after school. It's not like I have a date today or any reason to go to it.

 

       With my hands, I started tossing the confetti onto the ground. I grabbed a ladder to place the streamers along the edges of the wall. I bit my bottom lip. I couldn't reach the top.

 

       A hand took the streamer out of my hands. “Here,” said the gentleman's voice. I turned to face the male. Oh, he is no gentleman. He is my arch enemy. L. Joe. He was always coming in first for everything. First in sports. First in marks. First in attendance. Everything, I tell you. “Thanks,” I muttered softly.

 

       He stared at me for a really long time. I started to look down at my feet. Normally, he would be teasing me right now for not being able to reach. Strange. Very strange. “For today, let's be friends,” he declared loudly.

 

       My eyes widened. “BWOH?! Me. You. Friends? But you hate me! And I hate you!”

 

       He sighed heavily and tilted his head, “Just for today. I'll show you a different side of me.” What is he planning? I slowly replied, “Okay...”

 

       After school, he waited by my locker. His hands in his pockets. His tie was ruffled up. His back leaning against the cold metal. I raised my left hand and whispered, “Let's go?” He nodded. He grabbed my hand and let it intertwine with his. My heartbeat began to race. Andwae, I shouldn't be falling for him! But the feeling of his soft hand made me not want to let it go. It was a nice and relaxing feeling.

 

       We walked around the stalls. There were many couples walking around. Children were bustling about. He squeezed my hand and I can feel heat rising to my cheeks. “Let's go eat some dukbokki!” He exclaimed happily. It was weird. Normally, he would get all irritated around me. I nodded my head in agreement. L.Joe smiled a wonderful smile at me. No smirks today.

 

       L.Joe and I ate some dukbokki and started walking around once more. A person in a bear mascot gave him a flower for him to give to me. The bear said, “Here's a rose for your lovely girlfriend!”

 

       I shook my head frantically, “Andwae! Me and him aren't-” However, I was interrupted. L.Joe smiled, “Thanks!” Yeap, I think he has officially gone nuts. He passed me the rose, “Here. It's for you.”

 

        We played some games and I had lots of fun. He played this hammer game in which you have to hammer the stone and get a really high score. He won a huge giant bunny. “This is for you,” He proudly said, “But I'll hold it for you.” My cheeks have turned rosy red. My heartbeat began to race once again.

 

       We passed by a kissing booth. I saw Hyuna with her date. She looked like she was having a wonderful time.

 

       I felt snow falling on my nose. I looked up to see more snowflakes falling. I then looked to my side and saw him doing the same. I noticed that we haven't let go of each others' hands yet.

 

       I felt him to turn to face me. “Will you be my girlfriend?” He asked softly. I flushed and bit my bottom lip. He commented, “You look very cute blushing for me.” I gave him a meek smile unable to give him an answer yet.

 

       “We have been rivals for a really long time. However, during that time, I fell for you. The sad part was you never saw me more than a rival. I understand if you say no to me. It's alright. I'll live I just thought that you should know that I really like you. I got irritated because all you cared about was beating me. But I wanted to show you a different side of me. The opposite of my competitive attitude. I wanted to show you that I can treat you differently,” he stated as he stared right into my eyes.

 

       Ah, this is my first confession I have ever received. I replied softly, “Today, my heart really beat fast. When we held hands, I really liked the feeling. And your smile is very nice unlike your usual smirks. I don't know what kind of feelings I have towards you right now. But I would like to give us a try.”

 

       L.Joe gave out a huge grin. His smile reached his eyes. He took off his red scarf and placed it around me. “You must be cold, jagiya.” I blushed super hard. I nodded my head.

 

       He whispered, “Let's go and enjoy more of the festival. And we can get some hot cocoa if you would like,” into my ear. I nodded happily.

 

       And from that day on, our love is as fluffy as an omelette.    

 

Author's Note: Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope you have a great day with your loved ones.  If you're single, you can have a great day with your family, friends or anybody.  It doesn't have to be your significant other!~ <3