End

Expect the unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I huffed as I flushed the toilet again. This was the third time I have puked since I woke up an hour ago. It has been happening for the past 2 weeks already. I was constantly feeling nauseous and I was rarely hungry. Assuming that I had stomach flu, I had been taking the relevant medicine but it didn’t seem to be helping at all. I sighed in annoyance.

 

I guess I should head to the hospital. 

——————————————————————

I walked out of the doctor’s room totally out of it. I couldn’t focus on anything, not when the doctor just congratulated me on being a month pregnant. 

 

Me, pregnant? I can’t even take care of myself properly, how would I take care of a baby? What would my parents think? What would Jongdae think? 

 

My blood went cold at the final thought. Jongdae and I had never really talked about children. Of course one of the reasons was because we weren’t married yet. With so many things going on like Jongdae’s career taking flight and my recent promotion, I knew having a child wasn't what Jongdae would want.

 

Speaking of Jongdae, my phone starting ringing with his name flashing across the screen. I swallowed the lump in my throat, I couldn’t pick up, not now. I didn’t know how to tell him about the pregnancy and neither was I ready to. 

 

So I just let my phone continue ringing until it eventually went to voicemail. 

 

——————————————————————

It was the day Jongdae was due back from his business trip to Taiwan. Since the day I found out about my pregnancy, the texts between us were minimal. We didn’t even call each other because I told him that I was too tied up at work. Truth was, I just didn’t want to tell him the situation through texts or over the phone. I wanted him to be physically present so that we could discuss what we would do moving forward. 

 

I was pacing back and forth in front of the main door, still nervous about telling Jongdae about the whole pregnancy. 

 

What if he leaves? What if he asks me to get an abortion? 

 

I shook my head, getting those ridiculous thoughts out of my head. Instinctively, my hands were over my belly. No matter how unprepared I was to have a child, getting an abortion never crossed my mind at all. I would never think of getting rid of my child and I was just hoping that Jongdae would think the same. 

 

I could feel the familiar feeling of nausea rising up my throat. 

 

Just on cue, the front door opened to reveal a disheveled looking Jongdae. He had a tired smile on his face as he walked into the apartment and engulfed me into a hug. 

 

“Hey baby” he whispered as he pulled away from me. I could only manage a tight smile, still nervous about how I was going to break the news to Jongdae.

 

Immediately, my boyfriend knew something was wrong. I was usually cheerful and bright, a 180 degree difference to my emotions at that moment. 

 

“What’s wrong?” He asked with pure concern written all over his handsome features. I took a deep breath, this was it. 

 

You have to tell him. 

 

“What’s wrong sweetheart?” He questioned again. Without me knowing, tears started flowing down my cheeks. I watched as Jongdae’s expression morphed from concern to worry. 

 

Jongdae took a step towards me, wanting to comfort me. I wanted nothing more than to be cuddled in Jongdae's arms too. But I knew that if that happened, I would just break down even more and I wouldn’t be able to tell him about the baby. So I took a step back, wanting some distance between th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter