Fin

Eyes on Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

The first time Minjoo saw Sakura was during the final evaluation lineup announcement. Minjoo was feeling shy as she climbed the stage along with four other girls that will become her groupmate, she even didn't meet any of the girls' eyes yet she couldn't peel her eyes away from the Japanese who stood near the edge of the crowd.

She wasn't paying attention when the temporary leader (Eunbi was it?) reached her hand inside the bowl and picked a random paper that would be the theme of their performance.

All she remembered was watching how Sakura jumped up and down excitedly when the staff announced trap for their theme.

Sakura isn't a member of their group.

Yet there she was, hunching up on the corner of the studio while playing her switch. 

Minjoo frowned earlier when she first spotted the japanese getting comfortable on her make-shift bed using the other girls' jacket and bag, but seeing as none of her groupmate (Even Yuri) bat an eye to her doings forced Minjoo to keep the question under her tongue.

After Eunbi (sort of) forced the japanese to introduce herself, which Minjoo was surprised to know she was the only one who never talks to the japanese, Minjoo started to accept the fact that she'd see the japanese around more.

No matter how many times she has seen the japanese, Minjoo is still the shy Minjoo.

And she learned things about Sakura through others' conversations.

Like Sakura graduated from the same high school with Eunbi, Hyewon, and Chaeyeon while she met Yuri through the younger's girlfriend, Yena, who is Sakura's best friend.

And Sakura is an avid gamer. Also big Reveluvs.

Which is why she has been rehearsing the line over and over in her head.

I got a tip about Red Velvet guesting a show with an open studio. Want to watch them together?

Over and over to the point she could recite it perfectly the moment she woke up in the morning.

But practices have been inside her head.

And the real Sakura wasn't in her head.

So it was expected that she already cut her tongue by standing so close in front of Sakura.

The japanese leaned her weight to her other foot, waiting patiently at anything Minjoo wanted to say but frowned when she spent thirty seconds for nothing.

"Minjoo?"

"I...euhm...I think Chaeyeon unnie is looking for you." Minjoo lied.

And Sakura's retreating back was her reward for being a coward.

"I'll invite Yena and the others," Sakura told Eunbi and the rest of the girls (except Minjoo).

Tomorrow is the day. They'll perform on the stage with numerous entertainment producers as well as a national broadcast covering the event. It was said that even if they didn't win the competition they could get some of the producers' attention. If that happen, then it would open more possibility of their brighter future.

Which is why they couldn't ruin their performance.

Minjoo sat on the corner, listening to the girls discussing who should they invite for tomorrow's event. They were quite loud and excited and Yuri made the most list of names she would like to invite.

Yet Minjoo's performance ticket laid untouched on the floor in front of her. Un-named.

She had no one she could invite to.

The waiting room was hurly-burly.

Girls who have finished with their make up were crowding the west wing with their friends and family while the east filled with girls who were waiting for either their make-up turn or their acquaintances.

Minjoo sat alone in the middle.

Yuri told her to sit and wait at her current seat since the room was big and they didn't want to take the trouble to find everyone before their turn. Though it wasn't like how it sounded. Yuri was

Please log in to read the full chapter