CHAPTER 10: HIDDEN MESSAGES AND A PHOTO

I FOUND YOU

 

Taeyang’s POV:

Seeing her being enveloped by the sun, busy with her job, I found her at her prettiest and I just had to take a photo of her. The photo that stirred up pretty much everyone. But at that time I didn't care. That's how much I want her to see how I feel for her.

Flashback:

After I talked to Jessie on the phone, I stayed up for a little bit just thinking about what’s been happening for the past weeks. God knows I tried hard to avoid this feeling but I just cannot seem to run away from it, maybe just maybe.. It’s His way of telling me that it’s high time for me to love somebody who can love me back as well.

After everything that happened between me, Jiyong, and Dara—I had a hard time moving on and I was scared that I wouldn’t move on. Years have passed and everything was back to normal, my friendship with Jiyong and Dara, the relationship of Bigbang, and everything else. I don’t want to screw up anymore, so taking things slow with Jessie would be the best.

“Dude, can we talk?” I asked Jiyong while we were at the party. I didn’t wanna talk about it in the table since Jane nuna was there so Ji and I walked out of the bar to breathe some fresh air and talk.

“Talk.” Ji leaned back in the wall as if he knew what I was gonna say already.

“I like this girl. But we’ve known each other for a month only. I don’t want to scare her off but I want her to know how I feel at the same time.” I heaved a deep sigh.

“What do you like about her?” Jiyong curiously asked.

“She smiles like nothing could go wrong, she lives a simple and carefree life which makes her an interesting and honest person, she’s sincere with everything she does, she takes good black and white photographs, eats burger in front of the guy who likes her and doesn’t give a damn about how she’ll look like, and she’s very honest with how she feels..” I paused and smiled “I can go on and on Jiyong..”

“Wow, you really like Jessie!” He playfully punched me as he continued “I was expecting ‘she has hot slender legs, a y smile, and is not an airhead’ from you but you really took time to point it out specifically.” He smiles as we both lean back the walls and wear our hoodies and shades since people are starting to come in the club.

“Eh?! I didn’t mention a name..How did you??” I said surprised.

“Yongbae we grew up together and even liked the same girl for a long time, you and I are a package and I know you more than anyone would.” He smiled at me.

“Thanks bro, means a lot.” I tapped his shoulders.

“We cant stay here for long but Yongbae, guard your heart and guard hers too. Don’t you think its too soon if you take your relationship up a notch? I think you guys should know each other more and be more careful about how you’ll go about each other.. Otherwise, one of you would get hurt.” He raised 2 fingers and continued “Number 1, take it slow and Number 2, make a stand by telling her as early as now how you feel about her.” And he smiled again.

I only nodded my head as I reflected on what my best friend said and I realized how right everything he said was. I don’t want to make Jessie expect too much yet because I have too many commitments now, having a relationship with her would only make her feel abandoned and alienated and I wouldn’t want that. I decided to keep whatever between us as is and let it grow in time as it permits us.

Realtime:

D-DAY. Day one of our MV shoot. I along with the other members were up early to prepare for today and get ourselves made up. Today we’re doing the only outdoor scene: it’s supposed to have the feel of us being brought back in time, the time where 2 lovers had to go through the long wait of getting each other’s love letters and gifts, the time where everything was simpler, the time where war separated two bodies but strengthened and connected 2 hearts. The whole concept of the video was being able to time travel and witness different kinds of love.

The day went on with everyone running around, busy fixing the set and making sure everything went smoothly. I see her pass by once in a while with that threat Jung and her team. She wore a gray shirt, jeans, and her signature doc martens, her hair scrunged down. During scenes that I wasn’t included I would find myself observing her and how she treats the people around her, I see her walk about with her English-Korean dictionary and I will let out a smile every time she would open it and try to converse with the Ahjussis helping out in the set.

Sunset came and my scene was about to be shot, it was by the lake. The director called Jessie to do some test shots.

“Yah….Jessie you should be a celebrity!” Seungri playfully commented and everyone pretty much agreed as they watched Jessie from the monitor. She was a natural and she was the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on. Jessie eventually held up her fist to Seungri as they both laugh and exchange a few more teasing comments.

I called her out and took a photo of her and surprisingly she smiled for the camera. It was my second photo of her, the first one being her a bit tipsy posing for her caller ID. I still keep it and would stare at it and smile once in a while.

3am and the 1st day wrapped up just like that, Everyone was tired but very excited and content with how we all did today. I saw Jessie and Jung pass by our van and we all greeted her and asked how she felt seeing her concept into reality and she shared how happy and touched she was. She even did a very humble 90 degree bow to everyone as we all smiled at the humble gesture. Jung got her backback and car keys from her (?!)

“You’ll drive Jessie to the hotel?” Jiyong playfully asked. And TOP, Daesung, and Seungri looked at me before looking at the 2 J’s.

“Yes, it’s a long drive and she’s been tired and feeling sick so…” He motioned his hand as if he was steering a wheel.

I rolled my eyes and quickly glanced at Jessie, she looked pale and tired. “Arasoo, go ahead and get some rest! You have 2 hours to sleep! Kk” Jiyong added.

I should be the one doing that but I couldn’t. I should be taking care of that girl, making sure she gets enough rest, I should be offering my shoulders for her to rest her head on..But all these scenarios just play in my head and I end up going back to reality. I felt hopeless.

That night I fought myself from calling her as I wanted her to sleep so I decided to sent her an SMS “Hey you, get some rest and vitamins. You really don’t look too good and I’m worried. Sorry I couldn’t do anything for you. Ill make it up, I promise! Goodnight, yeppo.”

I didn’t wait for a response and she eventually didn’t send any. I ended up tweeting her photo and minutes after comments like “She’s pretty, she should be a celebrity!”, “Who’s she and why do you take photos of her? I don’t like her oppa you’re mine!!”, and “First time you tweeted something like this, she must be special!” surprised me. I didn’t wanna say anything or defend her from the hateful comments because it would only fuel to fire. But to be honest I don’t regret posting that photo, it was my way of showing her that I appreciate her presence.

I ended the night by tweeting/hinting out a message to her @Realtaeyang: “You make me smile by Uncle Kracker #nowplaying”

I saw her tweet a few minutes after saying: “You’re just to good to be true. But I can’t seem to take my eyes off of you.”

I don’t know why she didn’t reply to my SMS but I loved how I suddenly felt that she tweeted that in reply to my tweet. A few minutes later I saw my phone light up with 1 message…It’s from her: “Hey you, sorry I just saw your message. Thank you, I’ll be fine don’t worry JYOU get some rest too. Oh and you got that song stuck in my head now kkk. Goodnight, Yongbae you are too sweet.”

And by that I fell asleep with a smile.