My Classmate’s Stupidity

My Classmate's Stupidity

 

My Classmate’s Stupidity

 

It’s Monday morning once again and I hate it!

 

I don’t get it. Why do they have to put school days on weekdays when it can also be on weekends. Right?

 

“You sleepyhead! Wake up! Wake up! You’ll be late,”my sister’s voice booming all around my room. Can’t she sense that I hate it?

 

“Yes Master!”I yelled back so she’ll shut up.

 

I call her Master because she treats me like a slave, literally. Every time she sees me there would always be orders. ‘Get that,’ ‘Get my…’ Argh! But I guess I won’t love my sister if she’s not like that.

 

After preparing myself for school I went down to chew some food. I’m starving from all the dreaming I did. Argh! I remembered the dream, again. Why does my stupid classmate always barge in my dream? Doesn’t she have her own dream?

 

“Good morning everyone,”I greeted lazily as I sat on my rightful place at the garden table. I do not know why my mother loves to prepare breakfast at the garden.

 

“Good morning son,”Mom said as she kissed my cheek and put some orange juice on my glass.

 

“Argh,”I growled. I’m no younger now. For Pete’s sake, I’m already a high school senior. When my Mom heard that she gave a sweet smack on my head and some rants.

 

We ate in no silence just like every day. My mom plus my sister equals noise pollution. I just don’t get how girls keep on talking the whole meal time about the latest gossips in the entertainment world. Tss.

 

The whole ride is quiet……of course that’s just my wish. I’m riding with my sister, so tell me how is that possible? She keeps on singing Bruno Mar’s song that is so out of tune. I swear, if ever Bruno Mars hear her he will sue my sister for destroying his wonderful songs.

 

Argh! My earphone! My earphone!

 

Operation, save my eardrums!

 

Got it!

 

“So…how’s your lifetime crush, my dear brother?”

 

I choose not to say anything. She won’t have a chance to disturb me because she is busy driving. Serves her right.

 

Oh crap! Stoplight?! Great!

 

“Brother,”she said with a sly smile plastered on her face and pulled my earphone out of my ears, “now can you please tell me. How is your lifetime crush?”

 

“Lifetime crush my .”

 

“Hahahahahahaha! You’re really an brother!”

 

“Whatever!”

 

Do you think she stopped? Of course not! It’s her hobby to annoy me and I must say she’s good at it.

 

She keeps on bugging me about that stupid girl. That stupid girl who was my classmate since I stepped in school. That stupid girl who is always bullied. That stupid girl who is always admired. That stupid girl who is insensitive. That stupid girl who is almost perfect. Smart, witty, pretty, kind, elated, talented, enthusiastic and etc. But she is so stupid.

 

“Have you told her that you like her since kindergarten?”

 

“I don’t like her,” I hissed.

 

“That’s not what I know,”she teased.

 

“It’s a delusion,”I retorted. There are lots of girls in town and I just can’t get how does my sister only sees that girl for me?

 

“Hahahahaha! Action speaks louder than words.”

 

“Action without words is confusing. Bye! Thanks for the ride!”I said and run as fast as I can far from my annoying sister.

 

I stopped in front of the school cafeteria and bought some drinks. I’m 30 minutes early so I decided to stay in the music room. I’m playing the guitar and a member of the official school band. Enough of myself information.

 

*TOK* *TOK* *TOK*

 

Speaking of the stupid girl who also happened to be the student council president.

“Good Morning,”she greeted.

 

“Good Morning. What brings you here?”

 

“You know that our school founding anniversary is next month right?”I just nodded. “I just came here to inform you that school clubs and organizations will have a meeting later this afternoon about it.”

 

“Is everyone required?”

 

“As much as possible,”she said with a smile.

 

“Okay,”I said and closed the door. She also walked to the other side to inform others. I was about to start practicing again when I heard a scream. I bet that is the stupid girl. As I looked from the door, I was right. She was there getting bullied by some seniors from the other class. She calls herself a president but she can’t handle the boys. Stupid.

 

Every boy in the senior class has a crush and admiration for that stupid girl, but they also love to . Why? It’s because they are all bitter. Bitter of what? Bitter because they got all rejected even before they confessed their feelings for her.

 

Bullying her is one way for them to get noticed by the stupid girl.

 

They are all stupid.

 

“♪♫Loving you from afar♪♫”

 

“Shut up Lee,”I said and walked far away from annoying and stupid specie. Why is my world surrounded by stupid and annoying people? Why?!

 

I heard him laughing and running after me, so what now? When he reached me he put his one hand around my neck and I smacked his stomach using my elbow because he whispered, “Bitter.”

 

 Class as usual was boring except for the fact that my classmates kept on bugging the stupid girl. She’s really stupid because she just look at them with fierce eyes. How could that even stop those boys? Does she have some kind of special power? Stupid girl.

 

“Uhm….Hi,”Elise asked, one of our classmates.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“Can…..can we eat lunch together?”

 

“No,”I said firmly and stood from my sit. Can’t the girls understand that I don’t want to date anyone except for that s--! Whatever.

 

“Bro you’re harsh,”Lee said and walked with me outside the school building. He keeps on talking and talking about the girl he dated last weekend. Like I care.

 

By the time we reached the student’s lounging area I looked up at our school building. There I saw the stupid girl by the window staring at me. Our eyes met for how many seconds until one of our classmate pulled out his hairclip.

 

I missed hanging out with that stupid girl. Yeah, that stupid girl was my former…..not girlfriend just friend. She’s the ex-girlfriend of my jerk friend Kevin, who happened to be a womanizer. From the day she agreed to be Kevin’s girlfriend she became stupid in my eyes. I didn’t stop reminding her about Kevin but she just won’t listen. And she ended up one his victims. That also started the bullying thing for her.

 

Boys were just eyeing her for long and in a snap Kevin had the most sought after girl in school. How great is that?

 

“BITTERY HYUN JOONG ARE YOU LISTENING?!” Lee snapped in front of me.

 

“What?”

 

“Tssssss. You’re not. Fine! Just forget it,” he said and left me. Lee is a friend from the elementary days and he knows the whole story too. Lee is no exemption; he also has a crush on that stupid girl.

 

From: Angel

Meet me at the back of the school.

 

Another annoying girl in town. Angel is my ex-girlfriend. I didn’t even have a single feeling for her. Everything about us is out of my curiosity. Nothing more, nothing less. She knows it but she keeps on clinging to me. Such a pain in the .

 

I have no appetite for lunch. I just went to the music room to kill time. I do not know but I am so hooked up with Maroon 5’s ‘She Will Be Loved’ there is something with the song that I can’t explain. It is like written for someone I know. I kept on practicing it but I just can’t get it. I always mess up though it is simpler compared to other songs I play. Weird.

 

From: Miss Stupid

Can we talk at the SC office? Please.

 

So what does she like now? Even though she is the most stupid girl I know I just can’t resist her and she knows it. I’m like under her spell.

 

To: Miss Stupid

Okay. I’m on my way.

 

Angel just can’t get that there’s no way in hell that we will be together again. She even used her stupid friend to get me here. Yeah, Angel and that stupid girl are friends. That stupid girl knows that I don’t like her friend at all but she still helps her friend to get close to me. Is she a sadist or plain stupid?

 

I left Angel in the SC office as soon as I saw her.

 

I was walking in the hallway when I saw the stupid girl talking with one of our batch mate. She smiled at me but when she saw Angel crying she looked at me with madness. What did I do now? As far as I know I am the one that should be mad because she uses herself to get me and Angel to talk. She exactly knows that I can’t resist her.

 

When I realized that I quickly turned around and dragged her. She was struggling but I won’t let her go. I do not know but I think we should talk and settle some issues.

 

“What?”

 

I dragged her to the music room, I locked the door and pulled down the curtains so no one would disturb. I just felt that these emotions that I’m feeling needs to be released and it can’t wait.

 

“Hey Hyun Joong! What? What is your problem?”

 

“You’re asking what my problem is. What the heck!”

 

“Don’t cuss,”she hissed.

 

“Can you stop using yourself for Angel’s sake? Can you? It irritates me to death. You know that I don’t like her,”I said as calm as I can. No matter how irritated I am I just can’t get angry to her. Those eyes keep me calm.

 

“But she really wants to talk to you. Can you just please listen to her? She really likes you. Besides it’s your fault that she can’t move on. If you didn’t date her she won’t have a single hope that you two can be possible,” she said. She has a point but everything was just out of curiosity. Damnit.

 

“Fine. I’ll talk to her but I can’t promise that it would make her happy,”I said and opened the door. I knew that Angel was there.

 

I called her and she stepped in.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?”

 

“To give you privacy,”she answered but I stood behind the door and locked it.

 

“Hyun Joong please,”she pleaded.

 

Damn it! Fight it Hyun Joong. She needs to see this so she can stop her stupid acts.

 

“Angel what do you want?” I started, she was staring at me but I was staring to the stupid girl next to her. She looks so nervous and worried, she’s really stupid. She wanted this.

 

“Come on. Don’t tell me you’re shy to this stupid girl,” I said and pointed to her. “You even used her to make me talk to you so you don’t have to be shy. Instead you should thank her because she convinced me to talk to you,” I said just like mocking the two girls in front of me. Sorry Miss Stupid.

 

“I still like you,”she said and held my hands.

 

“Sorry. Our past just existed because of curiosity and peer pressure, okay?”

 

“Hyun Joong,”the stupid girl said trying to stop me.

 

“But why? Did you ever like me?”Angel asked in between her sobs.

 

Man! I hate it when a girl cries, it breaks my heart. Just luck that it is not the stupid girl.

 

“I never liked you. I’m sorry Angel,”I tried to be sincere as possible.

 

She just nodded and wiped her tears, the stupid girl tried to comfort her but it was no use. Girls will be girls. Argh! The stupid girl was looking at me with madness just like when she does when she gets bullied. As if it will work.

 

I was on my way out when I heard the most irritable and nonsense conversation. If ever Angel implicates it she is no Angel she’ll be evil. It will never be a rule in life. Because, if it will be I’ll be a monk, promise.

 

Everything is settled I guess. In the afternoon class we all act normal. The usual boring classes makes me wanna sleep. Only the nerds and the stupid girl in front enjoy them. Academics and I just can’t mix well. We hate each other.

 

I’m not in the mood for some meeting so I decided to go home. Besides Lee will be there, he likes those kinds of things more than me. Argh! It’s still early to go home I’ll just go for a walk.

 

As I was walking around the city I saw a familiar figure in front of me. And I was right; it is my friend, Kevin. What is he doing in here? I thought he is on Switzerland. Geez, this man can’t really stay on one place for long. Even though he is a big jerk, he is still my friend. Loyal friend award, anyone?

 

“Kevin what the hell are you doing in here?”I asked as I put my arms around his neck.

 

“Hyun Joong my man!”

 

This calls for a reunion, I guess. Kevin will never be a good boy. He was born to be a jerk. He likes adventures and girls, pretty girls to be exact. We talked about his adventures in Switzerland and some of his plans.

 

Lee, Kevin and I are best of friends, even after what happened to him and that stupid girl. It was almost three years now since we saw each other. But we keep in contact. Sometimes this guy is just so mysterious.

 

“How is she?”

 

“Still stupid,”I commented and looked at him.

 

“Hahaha. You know what man, you are both stupid.”

 

“Shut up. She was stupid since the day she became one of your girlfriends. You are really a jerk,”I said in his face. Instead of getting mad he just laughed at me and thanked me. Weird? Nope. This is how close we are, we can ridicule each other face to face without hard feelings.

 

“Hyun Joong, if it’s still the same…..go for it. You know that I can’t get mad at you,”he said seriously and smiled to me. Okay, Kevin is surely being crazy.

 

“I just can’t figure out how we became friends,” I said.

 

“Oh c’mon you know that you love me. Hahahahaha. I’ll be going now. I’ll call a boy’s night out one of these days……..Don’t be surprised if she’ll cry once again.”

 

“Do that and I’ll surely cut your p***s,”I threatened.

 

“Do that to yourself. I will never be the cause of her tears,”he said and left me.

 

Three words to describe Kevin:

1.     Weirdo

2.     Jerk, and

3.     Mysterious.

 

I just went home and texted Lee for some info about the meeting. Okay so we are off to perform on the last night. What? We have some kind of a ball? That stupid girl surely suggested this. She loves watching chickflicks. What does she think? A man would go make something stupid for her on that night. She wish!

 

The following weeks have been busy as hell. We are preparing for the founding celebration and practicing. As usual that stupid girl is once again in-charge of everything, does she thinks she is some kind of a superwoman? And hell me, I can’t stand seeing her suffering so here I am, I volunteered myself to help them, well actually her.

 

Through the past weeks we have been talking a lot, not just on important matter but also about life and stuffs. It is fun to know that she still remembers our junior high moments but it was so obvious that she doesn’t want to talk about Kevin. Well, I can’t blame her. But………..my damn curiosity is killing me. I want to know what she will do if Kevin will go back.

 

Thanks to Kevin…..I didn’t had to ask that. He already showed me how.

 

Kevin entered in the school gymnasium with flowers in his hands, smiling as confidently as ever. Whatta jerk. The girl next to me is sure surprised; she was frozen while Kevin was approaching us. She still likes him…..STUPID GIRL.

 

Grrrr! Damn.

 

While everyone is busy watching the stupid scene there I walked out of the gymnasium. I can’t bear seeing her being stupid…..once again. I almost spend my whole high school protecting her and then what? Just because her one and only ex-boyfriend came my sacrifice would be in trash?! The hell to both of them!

 

I hate that I can’t hate both of them.

 

!

 

Kevin was right I am stupid.

 

Stupid enough to care for a stupid girl who is blinded by the ing love.

 

It is still class time but I decided to cut class. I am so sure that the school’s topic will be about them, pfffft! Whatever!

 

“Hey!!!!! My insensitive, stupid brother what happened to you? Why are you so early?”

 

It’s a wrong move to go home. I forgot that my sister doesn’t have class today. Damnit.

 

“Is Mom home?”

 

“Nope,”she answered as she lay back in the couch and munched her chips. Good! I can have some of their wines. I got two glasses and a wine plus some chips. I placed it in the coffee table and sat in front of the large screen.

 

“If you wanna drink get a stronger one,”my sister said and stood up from the couch. “We can’t mess here, let’s go at the attic,” she said holding stronger drinks in her hands. I just followed her. Sometimes my sister is cool and most of the time annoying, swear!

 

This one of the rarest times I had a very interesting conversation with my sister. No trash talks and no arguments. And we are just talking about Real Steel.

 

“I love how Real Steel shows father-and-son love not some stupid love affairs,”I said as I gulped my own shot.

 

“One word for you………BITTER!”

 

Can I erase what I said earlier?!

 

“Enough of your escaping antics…..let’s get down to business,”she said and poured my glass a shot. What the hell is she talking about? “Clueless? I bet you are. Gaaaaah! Boys are so insensitive.”

 

What is she up now?

 

“Hyun Joong I know from the start that you like So Min,” she started. Here we go again with that. Yeah, my sister knows So Min because she became that stupid girl’s mentor in our school’s paper. “And that stupid ‘I don’t date my friends ex’ statement is so not true, okay? So if you like her then go get her. If she doesn’t feel the same at least you tried right? Don’t be such a loser.”

 

****

 

I do not what got into me but the morning I woke up I just und myself thinking of things to do to say to that stupid girl how I feel. Love is the reason why I am so protective of her and such? SHAME! I fell in love with that stupid girl! Scratch that! My sister said that liked her since we were kids and I just fell in love as I saw her struggling with heartbreak. Weird. It is the opposite of what usually happens. I mean, it is the heartbroken that will fall in love with his/her protector right? What happened to my story? Argh!

 

I do not know if I will be annoyed to my sister or I should thank her. She can be a good love advisor to think she is single without any experience with boys. I am sure, who would want to date a girl like her? Evil me.

 

 WTF. What’s happening to the world?

 

I tried to be as calm as possible for the furnishing preparations for the celebration. Since my sister made me realize those things I can’t help but to feel nervous and conscious around the stupid girl. Grrrrrr. Now I’ve decided to get annoyed to my sister for making me realize this.

 

Simple things and actions makes me wanna run far from her because I DON’T FREAKING KNOW! The normal things before are so abnormal now. Argh.

 

I’m stuttering when we talk.

I feel nervous when she approaches me.

I’m so conscious around her.

I wanna scream when she smiles at me.

I wanna hug her when she’s tired.

I wanna kiss her when she pouts.

I wanna feed her when she’s hungry.

And many, many more.

 

Grrrrr! Did Kevin felt all of this before? I bet no! I wanna know!!!

 

“Hyun Joong! You’re spacing out! CONCENTRATE!”

 

“Saying something, Lee?”

 

“Hyun Joong!”  He called and sent a straight punch in my stomach. “Now you are awake! We are practicing!!!!!!!!”

 

“What are we playing, Lee?”

 

“Ohmy! Hyun Joong is that you?!”

 

“Leeeeeeeee!!!! Bring out Hyun Joong! I want the real Hyun Joong! Waaaaahhhhhh!!!!!”

 

“We are playing Wedding Dress by Taeyang so please give justice to the song!”

 

“We have to perform three songs, right?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“So what’s the other songs?”

 

“Super Junior’s No Other and CNBlue’s Love Revolution.”

 

“Can we make it four and change the arrangement. Let’s perform No Other first and then Love Revolution followed by Wedding Dress and one last song? What do you say?”

 

“What are you up to?”

 

“To stop being bitter and be sweet.”

 

“That’s we are talking about!” My band mates cheered. Do they even know what I mean? Weirdos.

 

***

 

I am the perfect example of a person who swallowed his words. I am really preparing a surprise for that stupid girl even though I know that she and Kevin already talked? Okay, I do not know what happened to them that day. Argh! No matter what happened I’ll be a fool this night.

 

“KEVIN!”Lee called out. I saw Kevin walking towards us with his confident smile again.

 

“I miss you man!”

 

“You’re so gay Lee,”he said and hugged Lee. Who’s gay now?

 

Oh we are next. I’m damn nervous. Good thing Kevin is here to cheer for us like he always do before. My band mates are set in the stage and I do not know why I can’t get myself up there. I was just standing in front of the stairs. Ohcrap. What happened to me? Am I some kind of robot that lost its battery life?

 

Thanks to Kevin I had the urge to make a fool tonight. He said, “You’re such a loser!” Whatta a friend! He pushed me in the stage and laughed at me. The first three songs where sang by our vocalist and the last song will be played by me alone. Lee and others already left the stage. Crowd went crazy when I stood up in the middle. Okay, I don’t really sing.

 

She Will be Loved

 

Beauty queen of only eighteen
She had some trouble with herself
He was always there to help her
She always belonged to someone else

I drove for miles and miles 
And wound up at your door
I've had you so many times
But somehow I want more 

[Chorus]
I don't mind spendin' everyday 
Out on your corner in the pourin' rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
She will be loved

Tap on my window, knock on my door 
I want to make you feel beautiful 
I know I tend to get so insecure 
It doesn't matter anymore 

It's not always rainbows and butterflies 
It's compromise that moves us along 
My heart is full, and my door's always open 
You can come anytime you want 

[Chorus]

And she will be loved [Repeat: x3]

I know where you hide alone in your car 
Know all of the things that make you who you are 
I know that goodbye means nothing at all 
Comes back and makes me catch her every time she falls 
Yeah

Tap on my window, knock on my door
I want to make you feel beautiful

[Chorus]

And she will be loved [Repeat: x3]

Yeah
Yeah, oh

Please don't try so hard to say good-bye
Please don't try so hard to say good-bye
Please don't try so hard to say good-bye

 

So that’s why?! That song is for her.

 

I quickly went off the stage after that. Gosh! That was hella embarrassing. When I was walking towards the exit, I saw the stupid girl.

 

“Who are you singing to?”STUPID YOU! STUPID! STUPID! “Hyun Joong-ah! Who is the girl? Come on tell me, promise I won’t tell anyone! Promise!” STUUUUUUUUUUPID! Is she just plain stupid or simply insensitive?!

 

I can’t believe I sang in front of the school for this stupid girl!

 

“FACE the mirror!!”I shouted and went off. That stupid girl…..grrrr.

 

I can’t believe I fell in love with her.

 

I was about to drink water when Angel slapped me. Okay what now? She is crying.

 

“STUPID! FOOL! It’s not the right way to say I LOVE YOU! Where is the romance in your blood? You never learn!!!”

 

What now? Don’t tell me she thinks I sang for her!!! Ohcrap! PEOPLE please save me in my world!!!!!

 

“Angel if yo----”

 

“You should tell her straight in her face! Gosh! Don’t be a loser just like others! Bring out the Kevin in you! Be bold, outspoken, and romantic! She is just waiting for you. So Min is stupid and so are you! Just be together already! This hurts but what can I do?! Good thing Kevin came in my life.”

 

What the hell? She is with Kevin now? Why girls don’t learn?! They use emotions rather than logic? C’mon! Another Victim for Kevin before he goes to California.

 

But who cares about them now? I should care for my stupid girl. I ran back at the stage and I dragged her out.

 

“Hey! What’s your problem? I have lots of things to do! Let me go!”

 

“Problem? My problem is you. Your stupidity!!! Hey So Min! When will you wake up?!! You are crowned as the smartest girl in school but you are so stupid!!”

 

“What? Stupid enough to wait for you to love me!!!! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! You are an a**hole!!!”

 

“What?! Why did you wait? You know that you don’t have to? Are my ways of treating you is not enough to make you realize that I do?!!!”

 

“Scumbag! How would I? You know that I am stupid!”

 

“Oh! We lasted like this for years?!!!”

 

“I HATE YOU!!!!!”

 

“Don’t lie!! We both know that it’s not true!!!”

 

“STUPID COUPLE!!!!!!!!!” Our friends shouted.

 

I guess we are not stupid now or we will be stupidier than ever? Stupid + Stupid = Love or Trouble? I guess, we are back. Just like before, we argue nonstop plus the fact that this stupid girl and me admits what we feel.

 

“A**HOLE!”

“SCUMBAG!”

“JERK!”

“Thank you!”

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

Whatever! I don’t have anything to say but I LOVE THE STUPID SO MIN!

 

-----------------------------

Deal with the errors, folks! Thanks. Happy Heart's Day :))