Final

What Future May Come

Shuffling around in bed, Seohyun feels the light of the morning sun filtering through the curtains. The warmth of Yoona beside her, their legs tangled together and her strong arms around Seohyun’s waist.

 

Seohyun’s eyes coming barely open, laughing quietly at the gentle half asleep mumble coming from Yoona. Her arms pulling Seohyun a little closer, eyes opening and smiling at Seohyun.

 

“Ahnkiva, morning.” Yoona whispers, her voice a little groggy with the morning but it only makes Seohyun’s heart beat a little faster, Yoona’s tone when she speaks in her native giant, a tone Seohyun swears is the sweetest.

 

Tracing her fingers over Yoona’s toned muscles and the tattoo’s of her tribe running down her arms. Yoona laughing listening to Seohyun’s tail swishing under their sheets. Yoona’s fingers on Seohyun’s stomach, smiling so warmly.

 

“It’s too early for them to kick, luxare.” Seohyun hums, Yoona shaking her head.

 

“I know, it’s just nice to think about.” Yoona looks over at the night stand on her side, grumbling. “We should get up.” she mumbles, Seohyun groaning and cuddling up closer with her. Yoona along her horns that curl along her head almost a crown, through her silver hair that almost glows, sighing in her infernal tone and shutting her eyes. Thinking about spending all day in bed with her wife, knowing even if it’s the weekend they have to get up.

 

“You’re so warm though.” Seohyun groans, opening her eyes when she feels Yoona’s fingers under them. Yoona watching the gentle blue flame in her glowing white eyes.

 

“We can go to Tellizi down the street, get a coffee and one of those triton pastries you like.” Yoona grins, watching Seohyun come a little more awake.

 

“You don’t play fair.”

 

“Mmm, I’m afraid not.” Yoona grins, pressing a kiss to Seohyun’s lips. “Can you forgive me?”

 

“Maybe when I’ve had one of those pastries.” Seohyun chuckles, lunging up at Yoona before she sits up out of bed to kiss her again. “I love you.”

 

Yoona smiles, watching the way the sun plays on Seohyun’s skin. Her dark blue that glows in the sunlight, her heart pounding with the little flash of her fangs or her long forked tail swinging out from under the sheets.

 

“I love you too sleepyhead.” Yoona smiles, standing up out of bed.

 

Seohyun watching her walk, eyes tracing the patterns of the tattoos on Yoona’s back she’s memorized a thousand times, every intricate pattern, inscriptions written in giant, tales of her accomplishments in her tribe, legends of her people.

 

Or her height, that everytime Seohyun loves to see stand tall, seven feet tall or how Seohyun always dubbed, her gentle giant.

 

Seohyun laughing at the sound of the pawing at their door. Yoona opening their bedroom door and with barely a moment’s notice, Seohyun feels their giant’s hound Ikari leap up onto the bed.

 

Ikara planting herself to lay down on top of Seohyun, Yoona laughing. “I think she wants you to get out of bed.” she chuckles, Seohyun petting Ikari’s ears, seeing her pant happily.

 

“Mm, I think she wants to be fed. Do you girl?” Seohyun asks, Ikari perking up. Seohyun motioning for her to get off the bed, Ikari far heavier and larger than any lapdog. Her brilliant white fur, floppy ears and the little horns at the top of her head, patterns in her fur similar to Yoona’s tattoo’s.


 

Filling Ikari’s bowl, Seohyun laughs seeing her happily dig in. Thinking about their day as she gets dressed to head out, knowing there’s a lot to get done, dreading it more for Yoona than herself.

 

Feeling Yoona’s arms hold around her waist as Yoona hugs her back. Her head rested atop Seohyun’s.

 

“How you doing babe?” Seohyun asks, feeling Yoona’s arms hold her a little tighter and hearing her let out a long sigh.

 

“It just feels like we’re gonna repeat what always happens with them.” Yoona mumbles, Seohyun turning around in her arms, looking up into Yoona’s eyes. “They barely wanted to come to our wedding, I really just.. I wish they’d pull their head out of their asses about us.” Yoona grumbles, Seohyun almost purring feeling Yoona’s strong hands along her horns.

 

“They’re still telling you to get rid of the demon huh?” Seohyun says, knowing well enough Yoona’s parents opinion of her, for the years they’ve been together, her parents wishing Yoona would wake up like she hasn’t realized she’s been loving a Tiefling.

 

“I don’t even know why I try. We’re starting a family and I don’t exactly feel the need for them to be part of it.” Yoona whispers the last words, Seohyun her hand across Yoona’s jawline, seeing how much her eyes betray what she says.

 

“They’re your family babe, your tribe and we’re gonna tell them the news and if they don’t like it I will kick them out myself,” Seohyun presses up on her tiptoes, peppering kisses to Yoona’s cheek when she leans down. “But I know you want to tell them, to have them be proud of you.”

 

“I’m just so tired of them.” Yoona mutters, Seohyun grasping her hands in her own.

 

“I know luxare, but I’m not about to let anyone ruin today. So let’s go take Ikari for a walk, get breakfast and tackle the rest of today as it comes.” Seohyun offers, Yoona taking a deep breath and nodding.

 

“That sounds like a plan.”




 

Walking down the street, Yoona holds Seohyun around her waist. Seohyun holding Ikari’s leash, the giant’s hound staring curiously at smaller dogs that pass by.

 

“Do you think they’ll like the Ivranshii for tonight?” Seohyun asks, a Tiefling dish she knows Yoona loves.

 

“They better, I love when you make Ivranshii.” Yoona hums, thinking of all the complaints her parents will summon up of anything they can think of. Holding Seohyun a little closer like being with her fends off her nervous thoughts.

 

“I’m excited.” Seohyun says, Yoona glancing down at her as they walk inside the cafe. Ikari curling up under their usual table.

 

“That excited for your breakfast hmm?” Yoona grins, seeing Seohyun shake her head.

 

“For tonight,” Seohyun smiles, Yoona staring curious. “Sweetie, we get to tell everyone something we only dreamed about for so long, your parents can say whatever they want, I’m honestly too happy to care.” she smiles, a strand of hair back behind Yoona’s ear. “I love you, you know nothing changes that.”

 

“Ahnkiva, how do you always make everything so sweet?” Yoona laughs, Seohyun laying her head on Yoona’s arm.

 

“It’s my talent babe. I’m the sweetest candy.” Seohyun grins, Yoona rolling her eyes.

 

“Too corny.” Yoona groans, Seohyun nuding her playfully.

 

“You like corny.” Seohyun says, full of confidence. Yoona unable to stop the smile that comes to her lips.

 

“Maybe a little.” Yoona rolls her eyes, leaning down to press a kiss to Seohyun’s lips. “Maybe a lot.”



 

“Yoona, Seohyun! Morning.” Hyoyeon their dwarvish friend greets, peeking up from behind the counter. “I thought I was seeing you two tonight?” she asks, Yoona nodding.

 

“Don’t worry, that’s still tonight. We just have some errands to run.” Seohyun hums, linking her arm with Yoona.

 

“Mm, where’s Ikari? C’mere girl!” Hyoyeon calls, Ikari immediately perking up and running behind the counter. Ikari almost taller than Hyoyeon even on all fours, Hyoyeon hugging her like an old friend. “Yeah, what a good girl.” Hyoyeon coo’s, Seohyun laughing at the sight of them. “Oh right, you two are here, sit down I know what you two like.” Hyoyeon waves them off, Yoona reaching for her wallet. “And don’t pay! You’re already having me over for dinner later.” Hyoyeon says, knowing how much Yoona might insist to cover the bill.

 

Sitting at their table by the window, Seohyun reaches for Yoona’s hand. Yoona’s fingers over her own, Seohyun smiling to herself, looking at the ring on Yoona’s finger, the wonderful commitment they’d made only two years before. What still makes Seohyun’s heart ache in the best feeling and fall in love with Yoona all the more.

 

Yoona glancing up at her, noticing her staring. “You’re thinking about something.” Yoona says, entwining their fingers.

 

“Aren’t I always.” Seohyun tilts her head, seeing Yoona smile. “Just, about you, us.” Seohyun hums, her free hand over her stomach, taking a deep breath. “Baal, I can still barely believe it.” she sighs happily, Yoona nodding.

 

“You should know, my tribe is very potent in these things.” Yoona grins, Seohyun slapping her shoulder playfully and rolling her eyes.

 

“You’re hopeless.” Seohyun groans, Yoona chuckling heartily. “I’m not sure that’s how the process worked darling.”

 

“It took on the first go, I think we both know it was my talent that did it.” Yoona laughs, Seohyun groaning but her smile stays bright.

 

“Yes, the sorceress had nothing to do with it. You willed a..” Seohyun stops as Hyoyeon comes to their table, not wanting to spill their news till the dinner.

 

“Hey, just thought you might like one of those mizranvir before you head off.” Hyoyeon says, placing a small bag on the table, the pastry Seohyun had been craving. “I’ll see you two tonight.” she waves as she heads back behind the counter.

 

“I willed a what my love?” Yoona grins, Seohyun standing up, Ikari following her.

 

“You know what you willed, stud. Is that what you’d like to hear?” Seohyun laughs, Yoona nodding. “Mm, I didn’t know you had such a grasp on magic.”

 

“I’m a big gal, lot of surprises.” Yoona chuckles, Seohyun reaching for her hand as they get up to leave.

 

“Kra xi vashi meeru ai etu caxa.” Seohyun giggles in infernal, seeing Yoona’s cheeks go red. Knowing fully well she understood her. ‘Not so big when I’m on top.’




 

Going shopping after taking Ikari back home, Yoona watches Seohyun in her element as they walk through the market. How she’d first met Seohyun all the years before, when she was working a food truck and dreaming of running her own kitchen. Seohyun running her own restaurant now and cooking her heart out.

 

Watching her search for ingredients with a meticulous eye, Yoona can’t help but feel proud. From the first night she’d met her and she swore she’d fallen in love with her at the first bite, or the infernal accent she adores that carries with every word Seohyun says, the brilliant blue fire in her eyes and the gentle swinging of her forked tail side to side. What still never fails to take her breath away, the flash of her fangs when she smiles.

 

“Derik, you know there’s better atriash than this. Do you not like me enough to give me the good stuff?” Seohyun haggles with one of the vendors, a conversation she knows Seohyun has had a thousand times running the restaurant.

 

“Aish, Seohyun you know it’s not like that. Your standards are always so.. Hard to tell. I carved up this stock myself today, how’s this?” he offers another piece, Seohyun looking it over.

 

“Okay I need that and the mabria.” Seohyun says, glancing over at Yoona as Derik goes to wrap up what she’s ordered. “Do you need to get anything?” she asks, Yoona chuckling.

 

“I could get a pint of icecream for us to dig into.” Yoona offers, Seohyun giggling.

 

“I love when you make me grawmiq.” Seohyun smiles, picking up their food and continuing their walk through the market. Yoona holding onto the bags of food with ease.

 

“I can make that for you tomorrow.” Yoona brings her arm around Seohyun’s waist. Seohyun more than happy to rest her head on Yoona’s shoulder as they walk.

 

“That sounds nice, but I think I’d like to spend tomorrow taking some time to enjoy my favorite meal out.” Seohyun grins, watching Yoona stare down at her.

 

“Babe, if you want to spend all day in bed tomorrow, you don’t even have to ask.” Yoona bites her lip, almost eager. Feeling Seohyun tug at her jacket, coming to a stop, Seohyun pulling her down for a kiss.

 

“Mm, I’m kind of wishing we could just go home and do that now.” Seohyun groans, Yoona pressing her lips to Seohyun’s cheek. “We could go home and maybe get a quickie in..” Seohyun humors, Yoona’s cheeks flushing red. “But I really do need to get all of this cooking.”

 

“Oh my god babe, don’t be and then leave me hanging.” Yoona almost growls, Seohyun laughing.

 

“I’m sorry, I just really like my hot wife.” Seohyun grins, Yoona rolling her eyes.

 

“Mhm, sweet talker.”



 

Walking down the street as they head back to the car, Yoona stops. Seohyun glancing back curiously at her. “Do you think they have goliath-Tiefling clothes?” Yoona asks, noticing the display of the store Yoona’s looking into. Strollers and cribs, things they’ll need as the months pass by.

 

“I don’t think we’re the first Goliath and Tiefling couple, you don’t come out seven feet tall do you?” Seohyun grins, leaning into Yoona. “Baal, I’m gonna have to get new clothes when I start showing.” she hums, Yoona nodding.

 

“Do you think our place is baby proof? That coffee table could be bad.” Yoona says, Seohyun chuckling.

 

“Yoon, it’s gonna be awhile before we have to worry about baby proofing the house.” she smiles, reaching to Yoona’s hand, over her fingers. “The worst we’ll have to worry about is their tail knocking things over.”

 

“Mm, I mean you already do that, so I don’t think we’ll have to worry.”

 

“Please, I control this with finesse.” Seohyun smacks her tail against Yoona’s side, laughing seeing her jokingly gasp at her.

 

“Not so much when you’re excited.” Yoona grins, Seohyun feeling her face heat up.

 

“Uh huh, keep that up and I might not get excited for a little while.” Seohyun says, looking at Yoona with a coy grin.

 

“That’s cruel.”

 

“Please, you know I like to tease.” Seohyun grins, Yoona rolling her eyes like she knows Seohyun all too well.

 

“Don’t I just.”




 

Running around to make their home perfect for everyone coming for dinner, Yoona runs around like a headless chicken. Moving furniture pointlessly, cleaning everything that’s already spotless.

 

Seohyun cooking, music in infernal playing and the smells permeating through the kitchen. Watching Yoona look through the cupboards for more wine glasses, seeing her clearly rushed.

 

Wrapping her arms around Yoona’s waist and hugging her from the back. “Luxare, the house is spotless, the table is set and the food will be lovely. Relax a little.” Seohyun hums, pressing gentle kisses to Yoona’s back.

 

Yoona sighing as she relaxes in Seohyun’s arms. Feeling Seohyun’s lips on her back, the warm embrace that seeps into her making her forget the nerves she’s built up.

 

“That smells amazing, you don’t make that at the restaurant do you?” Yoona says, catching the whiff of something unfamiliar but still wonderful.

 

“Mmm, no. This is special and deserving of a wonderful occasion, it’s asmir tenu jaer.” Seohyun says, offering up a spoonful to Yoona.

 

“Holy babe, that’s so good.” Yoona groans happily, Seohyun’s cooking what she’s certain is beyond world class.

 

“You think that’ll impress?” Seohyun asks, Yoona nodding fervently.

 

“Oh absolutely.” Yoona smiles, hearing the doorbell ring and shooting up right. “Oh, they’re here. Okay, do I look okay?”

 

“Darling, you’re beautiful, relax. Tonight’s going to be wonderful.” Seohyun encourages, pressing her hand to Yoona’s stomach, feeling her take a deep breath. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too, malisha, malisha. Okay, I can do this.” Yoona says, more to herself. Seohyun knowing all too well Yoona calls on the goddess of the mountain only when she really needs it.



 

Seohyun listening to her go answer the door. Hearing ‘Mora’ and ‘Toro’, knowing Yoona’s parents are the first to arrive.

 

Seeing her mother come into the kitchen, Seohyun seeing the curiosity in her eyes almost vanish when she sees Seohyun.

 

“Tazira, welcome. It’s nice to see you.” Seohyun smiles, offering a hug, Yoona’s mother standing stiffly still. “I’m just finishing up in here, I hope the drive wasn’t too long?” she asks, Tazira nodding slightly.

 

“It was fine. What’s that smell?” she says, glancing over at the simmering pot.

 

"Asmir tenu jaer, it’s a traditional Tiefling dish for special occasions.” Seohyun explains, Tazira not seeming impressed.

 

“Did you only make.. Tiefling food?” Tazira raises her brow, Seohyun wanting nothing more than to tell her to sit down and enjoy what she made, though she’s heard it so many times before from her.

 

“I made kiirbrani, your recipe actually, with a few adjustments.” Seohyun says, Tazira narrowing her eyes, nodding numbly.

 

“I hope not too many adjustments.” Tazira whispers, almost under her breath. Seohyun glad when the doorbell rings again and she has a respite from listening to every piece of spite she has to give.


 

Their guests filtering in, Seohyun finishing up cooking, getting everyone to sit down. All their friends, everyone in their life they could want to bring. Seohyun sat beside Yoona, trying to ignore the looks from Yoona’s mother or the reluctance to eat anything from either of her parents.

 

Yoona reaching for Seohyun’s hand, snapping her from her thoughts. “Should we tell them?” she asks, Seohyun losing any irritation, wanting nothing more than to tell their news.

 

Yoona standing up, clinking her glass to get everyone’s attention. “Hey uhm.. As some of you may have guessed, tonight is a bit of a special occasion.” she says, looking down to Seohyun, smiling proud. “And, we really wanted to share our news with everyone so uhm..” Yoona takes a breath, Seohyun nodding up at her, standing up beside her. “It’s pretty early, but we thought we should tell everyone before Seohyun started showing. We’re pregnant.. Wait, no, Seohyun is pregnant.” Yoona says, feeling her face flush red, though Seohyun’s smile makes her heart pound.

 

The smiles of all their friends and the cheering. Seohyun’s loving gaze that fills her heart. So happy to finally say it to their friends after the waiting and anxious nerves.

 

Before she sees the look on her parents, the disapproving look they’ve always given for everything that Seohyun has ever had a hand in with her life. Though now almost sad.

 

Listening to their friends congratulate them, to all the encouragement for the mothers they’ll soon be and all of it that falls on Yoona’s deaf ears, how much she’d wished they would finally turn around and accept Seohyun, accept their child.

 

Forcing herself to put on a smile through the night, Seohyun knowing well enough what upsets Yoona, seeing the disapproving glances from her parents.

 

When their friends begin to shuffle out as the hour grows late, Yoona is left cleaning the dishes with her mother, listening to her rave about gossip back home, news of her tribe. Yoona feeling her heart pound furiously in her ears, seething listening to her mother so dismissive of what her and Seohyun had to say.

 

“Mora.. you’re going to be a T’mora.” Yoona says, seeing her mother visibly stiffen up, barely able to look at Yoona. “Mora, aren’t you happy?” she asks, taking a deep breath like she’s steeling herself for what’s to come. For all the disapproval her parents have ever had for the woman she loves, all the times she stood by with their snide comments and vile they hold for Seohyun for no reason more than being a Tiefling.

 

“They’ll be a Tiefling..” she sighs, looking up at Yoona. Feeling her heart crushed, knowing just what her mother means, just how much she hates the idea of her grandchild being a Tiefling, how much she won’t call them her grandchild.

 

Yoona trying to hold her tears back, her fury though it clenches at her chest almost unbearably. “Yes, they will be a Tiefling. What’s so wrong about that?” Yoona mutters, her mother tilting her head curious, like she hasn’t a clue what’s wrong with what she’s said.

 

“They’re demon spawn, that child isn’t going to be a goliath, certainly not of our tribe.” she says, like there isn’t a care in the world, simply expecting Yoona to agree with her.

 

“How dare you,” Yoona says before she even thinks to stop herself, no real want to stop herself. “I know you’ve always hated Tiefling’s, you made that clear the first time you met Seohyun and.. And I thought you might change over time, cause you know as well as I do that Seohyun has only been good to me and, certainly good to you considering how ing awful you and moro are to her.” Yoona almost shouts, seething with rage, seeing Seohyun peek around the corner of the kitchen though not interrupting her.

 

“Yoona, calm down you’re..” Tazira tries to stop her, Yoona slapping her hand away.

 

“I’m speaking the truth. You know I am! I’ve been with Seohyun for six years and you still call her a ing demon right to her face and I’m ing fed up with it. She powers through it cause she loves me, but she doesn’t deserve the hate. She works hard, she’s wonderful, talented, strong.. Malisha, she’s the best person I’ve ever met and she is the love of my life. Get that through your head mora.” Yoona says, taking a deep breath as she pauses. Seeing clear as day the embarrassment on her mother’s face, the shocked look of her father stood in the kitchen door.

 

“It was Seohyun that convinced me to give you two a chance, to have any part in your grandchild’s life and.. How dare you say they’re not of our tribe, that child will be a Tiefling, but they’re a goliath too, they’ll grow tall and strong and speak like the mountain mother. For years I’ve listened to this racist , if you can’t even bring yourselves to love your grandchild, then just.. Get out.” Yoona sighs, tears falling down her cheeks. Seohyun rushing to her, Yoona pulling her tight.

 

Yoona’s mother and father simply stood still in shock. Yoona looking up at them as she holds Seohyun.

 

“You heard me!” Yoona struggles to speak, breaking down in tears. Slumping against the kitchen counter. Yoona’s mother stepping forward, tears in her own eyes.

 

Seohyun glaring at her like she’ll toss her out in a moment’s notice if she says one thing wrong.

 

Tazira kneeling down with Yoona as she cries, reaching out for her. Yoona slapping her hand away.

 

“Is.. is that what you think of me and your moro?” she asks, more a tone of hurt than disbelief. Yoona glaring at her even through the tears.

 

“You.. you didn’t even want to come to our wedding and you’re saying mine and Seohyun’s child isn’t even going to be family. The only ing demon I see is you and moro.” Yoona heaves for breath, Seohyun cradling her head anything to comfort her as she cries.

 

Tazira backing away slightly, falling to sit down on the kitchen floor.

 

“I.. I’m sorry veda.” she whispers, Yoona’s father quiet, though Seohyun sees the same shattered look in his eyes.

 

“Don’t apologize to me, apologize to Seohyun for giving you a chance when you didn’t deserve one.” Yoona struggles for breath, Seohyun glaring at her parents to back up, knowing there’s nothing but more anger to spill for them.

 

“Let’s go upstairs luxare, okay. Let’s get you to bed.” Seohyun offers, Yoona too exhausted to think of anything but shutting her eyes and feeling Seohyun beside her.



 

Yoona falling sleep almost the instant she hits the sheets, Seohyun leaves Ikari in the bedroom with her. Never leaving Yoona’s side, resting her head next to her.

 

Heading downstairs reluctantly, Seohyun half expects Yoona’s parents to be long gone. Finding them both sat on one of the couches in their living room.

 

Seohyun seeing the tissues collected on the table and Tazira’s red eyes. No short supply of tears shed in the house.

 

“Can I get you two anything?” Seohyun offers, like she wasn’t ready to hiss and growl at them moments before, putting on the same civil act she’s always done with them.

 

“We uhm, we should probably get going.” Tazira says, nudging at her husband to get up. Seohyun knowing it’s beyond late.

 

“No, it’s late. We have the guest room made up, you can stay there.” she offers, Tazira staring at her like she’s gone mad.

 

“Why do you still want us to stay here?” Tazira asks, Seohyun sighing. Thinking to herself for a moment. “My own daughter didn’t even want us here.”

 

“I don’t really,” Seohyun admits, her fangs pulling at her lip and tail swinging in thought. “You’ve both never called me more than a demon. From the moment I first met you, to when I married Yoona, opened the restaurant or now..” she sighs, sitting on the edge of one of the chairs. “But you’re her family, I guess I thought at one point or another you’d realize it doesn’t matter that I have horns and a tail, the same way it doesn’t matter that Yoona is seven feet tall and covered in her wonderful tattoos.”

 

“You’re.. A Tiefling.” Terin, Yoona’s father speaks up. The first words he’s more than muttered all night.

 

“I’ve heard it all before, what does it matter? I haven’t sold your daughter’s soul to baal or some other ridiculous worry, I can’t even so much as cast a light, you can tell easily enough me and no other Tiefling is a demon, why does it matter what I am?” Seohyun says, almost growling by the end, seeing the look in their eyes, like they know she’s right. “I wanted to give you both a chance.. To see your grandchild and, make no mistake, they will be your grandchild whether they have a tail or otherwise.”

 

“What do you want us to do?” Tazira asks, Seohyun standing up from her seat, looking towards the stairs, thinking of all the pain Yoona’s in.

 

“I want you to say this is your grandchild,” Seohyun sighs, her hand running over her stomach. “I want you to never ing again say they aren’t. If you want anything to do with the family we’re making, you’re gonna ask for Yoona’s forgiveness in the morning.” she stops, taking a deep breath. “And stop acting like I’m something you have to barely tolerate, I’ll put on a strong face for Yoona, but I deserve some respect. Especially my food, I know you liked it, don’t fiddle around with it like it’s disgusting just cause you don’t like me.” she finishes, Yoona’s parents staring blankly, both of them nodding when Seohyun glances at them. “I’m going to bed. You know what you need to do.”


 

 




 

Waking up what she can only think is the early morning, Yoona barely opens her eyes, the sun still low, barely any light outside. Seohyun still fast asleep, head rested beside Yoona’s, her arm draped over her stomach.

 

Their night so rough but still they wind up tangled together. Yoona appreciating the feeling of Seohyun’s warmth beside her. her fingers over her horns, listening to her gentle purr.

 

Glancing to her side, Ikari asleep by the side of the bed though she perks up as Yoona begins to stir. Knowing she’ll have to get up and feed her if she doesn’t want to wake Seohyun.

 

Reluctant to leave Seohyun even if only for a moment, Yoona groans getting out of bed. Fumbling around in the dark for a pair of pajama bottoms, Ikari following her out of the room.


 

Padding down the stairs, surprised to see a light on in the kitchen and the sound of footsteps in the kitchen.

 

Turning the corner to see her mother pouring a cup of coffee. Jolting slightly when she sees Yoona and Ikari.

 

“Veda, you’re so quiet, you startled me.” she clutches at her chest, seeing Yoona more surprised to see her than anything else.

 

“You’re.. Still here.” Yoona sighs, pushing past her to get to Ikari’s food. Filling her bowl for her.

 

“I-I know you told me and your moro to leave.” she says, Yoona too tired to be angry, just exhausted.

 

“Something about not wanting to have anything to do with your own grandchild.” Yoona sighs, fingers rubbing at her eyes.

 

“I’m sorry veda.. Seohyun she, made it.. Very clear how just,” Tazira takes a deep breath, Yoona staring at her with a hint of curiosity. “She said up our own . Me and your moro have been.” she says, Yoona wishing she’d been able to see Seohyun say it.

 

“Yeah? What did you think of that?”

 

“I uhm, she’s right.. About all of it.” she admits, Yoona staring in surprise. The most she’s ever heard from her mother about her life with Seohyun, nothing but disapproval. “You always told me she did nothing but treat you right.. I haven’t seen you lately but, after last night I saw you two,” she takes a deep breath, rubbing at her eyes to stop her tears. “Veda, I’ve been an idiot and.. I know I’ve treated your Ahnkiva horribly, she’s done nothing but love you.”

 

Listening to her mother, Yoona feels tears start to come to her, still so reluctant to take her mother by her word but wanting nothing more than to believe her.

 

“I.. I really want to be in your child’s life, to be their t’mora. Seohyun she made it clear, I’m not in a place to ask anything from you. But I know I was a ghanrel, I just.. Please, I’ll do anything, I can’t lose my veda.” she pleads, Yoona struggling to think. The pain she’s gone through by her mother’s hand, how alienated she’s felt from her own family the moment she met Seohyun, wondering how much any apology is really worth from her.

 

“Mora.. it’s been six years, you never stopped calling Seohyun a demon.. You told me my child isn’t going to be part of the tribe. How do you expect me to just forget all of it?” Yoona whispers, barely able to keep herself composed.

 

“Don’t forget I just, give me a chance for forgiveness.” she pleads, Yoona noticing Seohyun watching them.

 

“Kiva, did we wake you? I’m sorry.” Yoona goes to her, Seohyun shaking her head.

 

“No, baby it’s okay, I didn’t feel you there.” Seohyun grumbles, resting her head against Yoona’s chest. Her tail swinging tiredly side to side. “You okay?” she asks, Yoona her fingers through Seohyun’s hair.

 

“Yeah, I was just.. We’re talking. I’ll be up soon okay.” Yoona whispers, Seohyun nodding, standing on her tiptoes for Yoona to lean down and kiss her. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too.” Seohyun says, heading back upstairs with a little hesitance, seeing Yoona nod. That she can handle herself.



 

“You two really love each other.” Tazira sighs, pained, how much she’s missed over the years from blinded eyes.

 

“She’s my life.” Yoona smiles, more to herself than her mother. “If you misstep, if you and moro ever upset Seohyun, I won’t be kind.. I just, I need time to trust you.” she turns serious, wiping her smile away, knowing how much it’ll hurt if her trust is betrayed again.

 

“Veda, thank you.” Tazira reaches out, Yoona not swatting her hand away. Sniffling.

 

“I mean it mora, if you really want to be a part of my life..” Yoona struggles to speak, Tazira pulling her into a tight hug, Yoona falling into a hug with her mother like one she hasn’t felt in years, far too long.

 

“I know veda. I know me and your moro need to do better.” she sighs, feeling Yoona cry on her shoulder. “I’m so sorry, veda I’m so sorry.”





 

Yoona is reluctant to imagine everything will be okay, that her parents will live up their promise to be better. If they’ll be in her life as hers and Seohyun’s child grows

 

Coming back upstairs, slipping back into bed with Seohyun, feeling her cuddle up with Yoona almost by instinct that they’re drawn together. She likes to imagine it will be alright, that people do change.

 

Feeling over Seohyun’s stomach, eager to see what the months, the years hold for them. Wondering if there can be new beginnings.

 

Seohyun’s glowing white eyes opening so barely, her blue glow shining just a glimmer. Her hand reaching for Yoona’s and entwining their fingers.

 

“I love you.” Seohyun whispers, shutting her eyes again. Yoona feeling her heart full.

 

“I love you too.”

 

Only too sure she’ll be alright, whatever the future holds as long as Seohyun’s there.