Songs Of Love

Songs Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon was on the road driving her Toyota Vios heading to a Busan from Seoul. Since the journey was about 5 hours, Chaewon decided to start driving at night so she can avoid the traffic. After an hour of driving, Chaewon stopped at a gas station to refill her car tank and took about 30 minutes to eat and did some personal business. Chaewon checked the time. It was almost eleven.

 

“Still a long way to go,”

 

Chaewon made way to her car but stopped she saw a lady standing in front of her car. She was wearing a pink dress with a backpack and looked worried. 

 

“Excuse me?”

 

The young lady turned to Chaewon and Chaewon eyes met with hers. Chaewon’s heart skipped a beat looking at the pretty lady in front of her. Her short hair and her big eyes amazed Chaewon. In addition to that, she knew who she is.

 

“Sakura unnie?”
“Chaewon!”
“What are you doing here?” Chaewon asked.
“My bus to Busan left so I’m stuck here,” Sakura scratched her head.

 

Chaewon could not deny it was still the same. Sakura, a senior of hers from high school was right in front of her. It had been five years since she saw Sakura and she still feel the same for Sakura. She still likes Sakura just like before. Chaewon and Sakura are friends during high school. Chaewon developed feelings for Sakura but was scared to let her know until one day, Sakura left to study abroad. Chaewon lost contact with her and finally, Sakura appeared again.

 

“You said Busan?”

 

Sakura nodded.

 

“I’m heading to Busan too! I can give you a ride there,” Chaewon offered.
“For real?”
“Yes, do you want to?”
“Why not?”
“Then, let’s go!”

 

Chaewon and Sakura hopped on the car and Chaewon started to drive.

 

“Unnie, it’s great to see you again, really,” Chaewon said.
“Me too! You are really my life saviour, just like the old time,”

 

Chaewon grinned. In high school, she really followed Sakura around and protected her from everyone. She was called Sakura’s knight because of that.

 

“Unnie, when did you return from abroad?”
“Recently, that’s why I’m going to Busan, to meet my grandmother,” Sakura replied.
“I see,”
“Anyway Chaewon, thanks for helping me, it was a coincidence that we met there,” 
“I’m glad I could help,”

 

Chaewon then thought to herself, “ It’s fate Sakura unnie, “

 

The song titled, Start Of Something New played in the radio.

 

🎵This could be the start of something new🎵
🎵It feels so right to be here with you🎵
🎵And now looking in your eyes🎵
🎵I feel in my heart🎵
🎵The start something new🎵

 

Chaewon took a glance at Sakura and she could not help but to grin at her. Sakura turned to Chaewon and asked,

 

“Do you still have a crush on me?”

 

Chaewon blushed and she diverted her gaze back on the road.

 

“Me? Crush on you?”
“You used to, everyone told me about it,” Sakura smirked.
“In high school yes, but now...,”

 

Chaewon was hesitating. She bit her lip.

 

“And now?” 
“Maybe I still do,”

 

Chaewon could not believe she just said that. She did not know where did her courage came.

 

“You are still as cute as ever,” Sakura ruffled Chaewon’s hair.

 

Chaewon’s heart was about to burst from the sudden contact. Sakura really liked to , just like the old time.

 

“So unnie, do you have someone in your life?” Chaewon asked.
“Sadly no,”
“Why?” 
“My life , I have no time for love,” Sakura let out a sigh.
“Ermm...,”
“How about you? Have you found someone?” Sakura questioned.
“Nope,”
“Why? Just why?”
“Because I can’t find you,”

 

Sakura’s heart bloomed from the sudden confession. She turned away from Chaewon and grinned like an idiot. Chaewon herself was going crazy at her own cheesy speech.

 

“Now that you found me, what will you do?”
“Not sure but I think I will make you fall for me,” Chaewon answered with confidence.
“You are so good with words Chaewon,” Sakura laughed.
“I learned a lot in case I meet you and now that I do, it’s time for me to use it,”
“You did well cause you fluttered my heart,” 

They were silent for the next few moments, only stealing glance at each other. The radio played the next song called You To Me Are Everything.

 

🎵I would take the stars out of the sky for you🎵
🎵Stop the rain from falling if you asked me to🎵
🎵I'd do anything for you your wish is my command🎵
🎵I could move a mountain when your hand is in my hand🎵 

 

The car was sliding through the beach. Sakura was enjoying the night view. She rolled down the window and breathed the fresh air.

 

“Chaewon, let’s visit the beach,”
“Right now?”
“Please....,”
“As you wish,”

 

Since Chaewon is a fool for Sakura, she pulled the car aside and parked there. Sakura hopped off the car, went to Chaewon side, grabbed her hand and pulled her to the beach. Chaewon felt like flying when she felt Sakura’s hand holding on her hand tight.

 

“Chaewon this is fun!!!”

 

Sakura let Chaewon’s hand off and running by herself on the beach. It was quite dark since it was 12 in the midnight but Sakura looked like she was shining bright. Chaewon took her phone out and snapped a picture of Sakura. After all those years, Chaewon could not believe she had not move on and still love Sakura as she does.

 

“Chaewon! Build me a sandcastle!” Sakura suddenly ordered.

“What do you mean by sandcastle?” Chaewon widened her eyes.
“A castle from sand, I always wanted it,” Sakura pouted at Chaewon.
“I can’t believe this!”

 

Chaewon searched for empty bottles and the next thing she knew, she was building a sandcastle for Sakura in the middle of the night. Chaewon built Sakura a mini castle and Sakura was satisfied.

 

“Take a picture of me and the castle!” 

 

Chaewon washed her hand and she did as Sakura wished. She took a picture of Sakura and the castle which soon was washed away by the sea. After that, the two sat on the beach while enjoying the night view of the ocean.

 

“So unnie, what did you for the past few years?”
“I studied, studying again and study,”
“That sounds terrible,” Chaewon laughed.
“It is. That’s why I return to Korea. I can’t study anymore and I want to meet my grandmother,”
“How about your parent?”
“I left them, I don’t want to burden them, that’s why I took this decision,” Sakura explained.
“That was a bad one but I’m glad you took it,”
“Why?”
“Because your decision lead us together,” Chaewon smiled.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter