I Like You More Than Bread

I Like You More Than Bread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was a day that was no different than any other. Jeongyeon woke up at six o’clock and got ready for seven to help her parents open Yoo bakery. She enjoyed helping and working with her family at the bakery, but hated the early morning wake up call she got. When she arrived at work, she went in and immediately ut on her apron and got to work, starting to make the dough to start making all the various types of bread the bakery sold.

 

Tzuyu had not long got up to head to school, but realised she was running a little later than she usually would be and didn’t have time to make her lunch before going to school, especially if she wanted to go to the bakery as part of her normal routine. Tzuyu quickly grabbed all the requirements she needed for her day and her lunch and slammed the door behind her, ensuring it was locked as she ran down the street in an attempt to claw back as much time as she could do.

 

When Tzuyu arrived at the bakery, she noticed it was quiet, which was a bonus for her. It allowed her to have a catch up with Jeongyeon before school. She entered the bakery and made her way over to the counter. A middle aged man was on the cash register waiting to take her order, but when he realised who it was he smiled. “Good morning Tzuyu, how are you today”

 

“I’m doing well Mr Yoo thank you for asking,” Tzuyu returned the warm smile. “How are Mrs Yoo and Jeongyeon doing this morning?”

 

“Mrs Yoo is doing fine and Jeongyeon is in the kitchen, ill just call her for you.” Mr Yoo said.

 

“No Mr Yoo, you don’t…” was all Tzuyu managed to say before Mr Yoo had called Jeongyeon’s name rather loudly to get her attention.

 

“Yes Dad” Jeongyeon said as she came out of the kitchen before noticing Tzuyu. ‘So that’s the reason he called me’ She thought. “Good morning Tzuyu, I see you are ready for another day at school.”

 

“Yep, it's going to be a great day.” Tzuyu replied sarcastically and rolled her eyes before giggling with Jeongyeon.

 

“Let Dad know what you want and I'll bring it over for you, freshly made by my own hands of course” Jeongyeon winked and returned to the kitchen. 

 

Tzuyu was stood in a state of shock for some reason. Jeongyeon’s comment had caught her off guard. Sure Tzuyu knew that Jeongyeon made the majority of the bread that the bakery produced, but she never usually brings it over to Tzuyu when she’s waiting. It’s usually Mr or Mrs Yoo who would do that.

 

“You heard her right” Mr Yoo snapped Tzuyu out of her trance. “She’s clearly in a good mood this morning. She’s not going to like me telling you this, but she doesn’t stop talking about you. She talks about you all the time at home.”

 

“Really?” Tzuyu was shocked at the statement that Mr Yoo had just told her.

 

“Yes, she really does.” he chuckled to himself. “Now, what would you like to order and ill out it through to get Jeongyeon to bring over for you?”

 

“Can I please have two ciabatta, a farmhouse loaf to go and a croissant to have in.” Tzuyu ordered and paid Mr Yoo before thanking and turning to walk towards her usual seat in the window of the bakery. Tzuyu enjoyed watching the world go by from the bakery window. She would usually make up stories in her head about what people were doing or what their lives were like. If she wasn’t doing that, she had her hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter