fin.

games.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She pressed her lips hastily against Yerim's, chasing the ones who moved away with a small grin and a quiet giggle. An elbow weakly pushed at her shoulder, but it did little as Hyejoo moved forward to kiss the corner of , down to her cheek, then to her jaw, enjoying the way the skin heated up at the contact. 

"Hyejoo," another giggle escaped her, her elbow pushing with a little more effort. "You're gonna make me die," she whined out, her other hand tapping away at the mouse as she attempted to move her League of Legends character to safety.

"You're fine," Hyejoo mumbled, continuing her pursuit as she kissed softly at Yerim's pulse point, feeling it jump against her lips. "You got a double-kill, just farm."

"I only got a double-kill because you took over last second. And what's that even mean? Farm what? There aren't any animals or any barns, what am I supposed to farm?"

This time, it was Hyejoo who laughed. Her arm tightening around Yerim's waist as she pulled the girl closer to her, trying to keep them both on the same chair so that they wouldn't have had to pull up another chair. "The minions; hit them when their health is low. See?" she briefly brought her hand up to point at the screen, indicating to one of the tiny, red minion attacking the tiny blue ones. "When you last-hit them you get the gold. That's farming." Turning her gaze from the screen, Hyejoo brought the same hand up to brush away at the hair that framed Yerim's face, tucking it behind her ear before placing a chaste kiss to Yerim's temple. "Nothing to do with animals or barns."

"That still doesn't make sense," Yerim grumbled, sinking back into Hyejoo's hold but nonetheless following her directions.

Now watching the screen, Hyejoo shook her head. "You're farming for gold; each minion you kill gives you more gold. The more gold you get the more items you can buy. It's like..." she trailed off, trying to think of a good analogy for Yerim to understand. "I dunno," she gave up, too focused now on the loud, interrupting pings coming from another teammate. "Place a ward in the bush."

"A what?"

Hyejoo never would have thought Yerim would one day ask her to teach her how to play League of Legends. It surprised her (enough for her to mess up mid-game and die to her laner) but she quickly took the opportunity to teach her. She knew it wouldn't be easy, League of Legends was a complex game, after all. No one can understand every little detail on their first run, but she was determined to show Yerim the ropes. And if she didn't like it, then no harm done. At least she gave it a shot.

Although, it might have been better to continue pairing her up against the bots. In hindsight, Hyejoo actually believed Yerim was ready to go against real people after the tutorial and two games versus bots, but it seemed like Yerim felt more anxious about going against actual people. Half the time she'd give the controls to Hyejoo and let her take over for a little bit.

Hyejoo didn't mind. She found it adorable.

"Wait, Yerim, run. Run! What are you doing? Run!"

"I'm trying!"

"Flash! Press 'D'!" Hyejoo watched in horror as Yerim's character flashed a mere inch, a technicality in the placement of her mouse cursor, not a far enough distance from the enemy jungle who had come to her lane for revenge after the double kill. "Oh god, Yerim," she shook her head, dropping it down with a huff onto Yerim's shoulder in shame as the screen went black and white. "That was the most painful thing I've ever watched."

"Well, that guy came out of nowhere!" Yerim defended herself quickly, turning around in Hyejoo's embrace once she picked her head up. "He was scary and then that giant rock guy came too!"

"Yerim," Hyejoo deadpanned, "you died to Ivern. Probably the worst jungler in the game." And it was true; the nature-loving, pacifist, tree character with a giant stone side-kick named Daisy was on the weaker side of all the characters. It amazed Hyejoo that someone could die to him. "You also attacked him under tower. Don't you remember what I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter