Chapter 1

I'm not his type!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m pretty much used to being adored by everyone, to have people jaw-dropped on me in admiration, to be treated special, and to be on top of everyone list. You might say I’m conceited, but that how has it been ever since I could remember. I grew up with those kind of attention and I would be lying if I didn’t find it pleasing, satisfying and fulfilling. Yes, its safe to say that my ego has grown so big because of that, and no I’m not even feel bad about it.

 

I am a confident individual, some might even say I’m full of myself but hey! I know how to be modest too! Anyway, I could easily sway anyone I want and people would instantly be fawning over me. That’s just how it works till now, that’s how it always has been. And that supposed to be like that until he showed up in my school a month ago.

 

“How can he said I’m not his type?” I asked in disbelief, mostly just because I was annoyed by the mere idea of that. My best friend, Kim Chaewon, just rolled her eyes at my question; I threw her a pillow which hit her straight on the face. Well, served her right.

“Are we still in this subject, Kwon Eunbi? I mean, you’ve been asking and claiming same damn thing for about, I don’t know, like fifty times this hour alone.” I could hear she sighed.

“YES!” I exclaimed quickly. “Everyone loves me! They adore me! That means he should be too!” I restated the obvious fact, at least for me. I could tell Chaewon’s patience were running thin but that’s not gonna stop me from wondering out loud about it.

“Why do you being bothered so much by the fact that you are not his type? You don’t even like him in romantic way. Why do you want to be his type that much?”

“But I am everyone’s type! Even yours too. Remember when you confessed to me?”

Chaewon’s face turned red which I’m sure caused by the memory of how she blurted that she likes me in front of the whole school the first time we ever meet each other.

“That was before I know the real you. The crackhead behind the perfect mask. I wonder what will everyone think when they found out how silly you could be, eonni.” Chaewon sighed with so much exaggeration, well as expected of the ace of drama club. However her next words made me fuming in anger “Maybe he didn’t see something he liked in you...” THAT is not possible. I stared at Chaewon as if she grew the second head. How could she thought something that...absurd? I let out a loud laugh while shaking my head “Is he blind?! What could his type possibly be that he didn’t see it in me?!”

Chaewon gulped and raised both of her hands in mock surrender “Hey, don’t take your frustration on me. You could just ask him right away, you know. Rather than torturing yourself like this.” I sighed, my brows disengaging from creasing and leaned my head on my palm as I stare off at the wall “He might just have a different taste...” I muttered before popped up from my chair, a cheeky smile on my face as I look at Chaewon. “Or maybe... Maybe this is just his way of showing his interest in me.”

She just shook her head “Or maybe Eunbi eonni, you’re just not what he’s looking for.” Chaewon added, smiling sarcastically before me “Just think about it.” I squinted and wave my hand dismissively “Uh yeah? That just not possible.”

“Why don’t you just admit that Finally you found someone who isn’t so crazy about you?”

“Because I haven’t, Chaewon! This hasn’t happened before and I will not let it happen now, or ever!”

A grunt escaped Chaewon, clearly showing that her patience almost at the breaking point. “So then, lets just say he’s still say that you are not his type. What are you gonna do?”

“Simple.” I said, smirking at her “I will be his type no matter what.”

“Why are you so worked up about this anyway, eonni? I mean the whole students and I bet some of the staffs too are fawning over you. What would the difference be if there’s only one person who isn’t into you?”

“I’m not getting so worked up about it...” I said in defense. But my friend here is as skeptical as always. Instead of just accepting my answer, she raised her brow in return; silently demanding an explanation. “It’s just that... It’s not possible, you know.” I muttered, gazing at the view outside the window. Chaewon shook her head and stood up. “Just don’t do something you’ll regret sooner or later.” I nodded at her “I won’t” but seemed like my reassurance didn’t mean anything as Chaewon just laugh and left the room. I walked over towards the window, watching the sunset that always a beauty to watch while my mind roamed into that one certain guy.

Why am I not your type?

 

The dance practice passed by like a lighting, my body automatically do all the routine but my mind still going around to that guy who currently is dancing on the other side of the room. He’s a great dancer, even I the captain, admit it. The beads of sweat rolled  on the side of his face made his feature looked even better like this as he dance with so much enthusiasm, concentration and dedication in it.

If only you’d put as much enthusiasm in me, I wouldn’t be like this you know...

I continued watching him through the mirror while thinking deeply to myself. You see, I’ve never been this determined not have I been so eager in my entire life. Perhaps I may have been but its always about Something not about Someone. But at this very moment, what I desired the most is to be his type. Why? Because for the past eighteen years of my life, I’ve never met anyone who wouldn’t want me or like me. It never happened. Moreover, it didn’t even cross my mind that it could actually happen. But now that it actually happen, I was suddenly been thrown inside a strange world; a world that never existed before and now I’m standing in that new world that he created himself. And I hate being in that world, not to mention I’m sure he’s not aware of it.

Just you wait and see, Lee Chaeyeon. I will be your type no matter what.

I sighed frustratingly. Suddenly I’m turning into some kind of insensible human; desperately wanting to be needed and dreadfully needing to be wanted. When did this obsession started?

 

-Flashback-

The dance team captain gracefully made her way to the headmaster’s room, she was being called earlier to help one of the new transfer student to get to know the school and as she’s also the school board president, it’s part of her duty so she didn’t complained about it.

“Welcome to IZONE high. I’m Kwon Eunbi, student council president.” She smiled sweetly and reached her hand out for a handshake to the new student who in return smiled back at her. “I’m Lee Chaeyeon. Thank you and I’m sorry for being a bother for you.” He said, offering the small woman a charming smile. After the introduction, she showed him around the school while having friendly talks

“So why did you choose our school?” Eunbi asked while looking at the male beside her

“Oh I was scouted for dance team. After the saw me on dance competition two months ago.”

“Ah! So you are the one our Bae Yoonjeong coach has been talked about!”

He rubbed his nape shyly “I hope she didn’t say anything weird about me?” the question brough a laughter out of Eunbi’s mouth “Oh no no, don’t worry about that! She praised your skill a lot. And I really can’t wait to see what you can do.”

Their talking was interupted by a freshman coming over toward them, or more like toward Eunbi while offering her a bouquet and a box of chocolate. “K-Kwon sunbaenim... Please be my girlfriend!”

Eunbi and Chaeyeon stood there, completely taken aback by the younger guy’s gut to confess in open like that. Being the kind girl that she is, Eunbi took the gifts and smile at the younger guy “Thank you for lovely gifts, but I’m sorry I can’t be your girlfriend. You’ll find someone better than me.” She said while smiling apologetically at the guy who casted his eyes down and nod before running away. Eunbi heard a chuckle coming from her side only to look at an amused face of Lee Chaeyeon “Wow, you wasted no time to reject that poor guy.”

She shrugged as if its not a big deal. “I’d rather to reject him right away than giving him a false hope. I’m not like that.” Chaeyeon just nodded slightly “Seems like everyone in this school either love you or adore you,” Eunbi just chuckled “Its not like I chose to be like this, you know. It just...happened. But I hope you wont feel awkward our tour being stopped so sudden by something like that.”

Chaeyeon waved his hand dismissively “Oh don’t worry about it. And just in case any rumor start when people look at us like this, you don’t have to worry.”

“What do you mean?” Eunbi’s brows furrowed as she curiously and dubiously asked the male

“I mean...well...” Chaeye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter