A Father's Visit

The Plan

                        Chorong's dad was always quite protective of his daughter even if she thought that he was rough on her. His unique upbringing made her who she was and she was thankful for his own style of unconditional love nevertheless. This particular day he was especially eager to see his only daughter and never broke away from her gaze for a second as they caught up on the events of their lives. It was so much so that Chorong began to wonder if there was even a point in hiding away the clues of Eunji's presence in the dorm: her dad did not even catch sight of the high school graduation picture of Eunji that she had forgotten to take down from their kitchen table. Flustered at the sight of it, she stuffed it into a cabinet while her dad was helping her settle the last of the dirty dishes.

                        “Take a seat, dad.” Chorong ushered and pointed over to their small kitchen table. He raised a brow at her for a second but smiled before pulling up a chair and examining the bowl of fruit placed at the edge. 

                        “Your mom has been worrying about the sanitation in your room,” her dad began to peel a tangerine from the bowl, his eyes still focused on Chorong's restless eyes. She recalled the last time her mom had visited; it was finals week and her room was piled with leftover take-out and dirty clothes. There was a weird stirring feeling in her stomach as she thought back to the mold growing in the corner of her room. Things had changed a lot since then but her room was definitely not the first place she wanted her dad to be inspecting that day. Before she could make up any excuse, her dad was already shifting in his seat to get up and stride toward her room door. Chorong trotted behind him anxiously, glancing over at her closet door that was shut tightly when she first stepped into the room. For now, she was safe.

                        “Ah, it seems that you have tidied things,” he remarked as he the edges of her desk, “I’ve got to say that I was kind of worried when I saw all the beer in your fridge earlier.”

                        “That’s just my roommate,” Chorong said defensively, silently cursing Eunji for basically being an alcoholic. Her dad chuckled at her sudden statement and nodded in understanding, slowly circling the room. Chorong held her breath when he began to examine her closet, his hands drawing nearer and nearer to the handles. She could feel her feet go numb and her brain whiz with a biting fear as her dad finally flung open the doors.

                        “I can explain!” Chorong yelled at the top of her lungs, her eyes squeezing shut to block out the inevitable. But there was only silence. Slowly, her eyelids lifted only to see that things were just as it was before. Her dad stared back at her, startled by the excessive volume from his typically serene daughter. She was now looking around in bewilderment, sticking her head in her closet as if to check if she was simply imagining things. Sure enough, Eunji was nowhere to be seen and all that was left was her and her shaken dad.

                        “I think I’m a little sick. Maybe you can swing by another day when I’m feeling better?” Chorong began, rambling as many excuses as she could as she pushed her dad out the door. He rapidly picked up his coat from the rack, trying to look back to see Chorong's face but eventually ending up at the front door before he could do much to resist.

                        “Well… I suppose you should, er, rest up. I’ll just visit you again soon,” he stammered, still trying to get used to Chorong's flustered state. Chorong waved at him enthusiastically, planting a kiss on his cheek and bidding him farewell. After what felt like hours, he finally stepped out into the hall and Chorong slammed the door shut, sinking with her back against the wall in unbelievable relief.

                        “You’ve never lied to your parents, have you?” Namjoo smirked, now appearing from Eunji's room with a half-eaten popsicle in her hand. Chorong sneered at her weakly and proceeded to return to her room with a heavy heart. How had Eunji made her escape? Was she safe?

                        “Twenty bucks saying she jumped out the window.” Namjoo shouted from down the hall, clearly reading the mind of her elder before she could gather more clues. Chorong gasped in realization and flung out of her seat to hang out the open window which she distinctly remembered keeping shut earlier in the morning. It was quite a long way down, but a bed of grass kept Chorong hoping that Eunji's landing didn’t hurt too much. She could already imagine Eunji's glee at having something to hold against her; she hated when Eunji got to impose her immaturity upon her. Groaning at the thought of all the suffering Eunji would put her through, she decided that it was best to call her...

                        “Hello?”

“Eunji? Are you okay?”

                        “I’m going to go with no.” there was a small pause but Chorong could hear her snickering on the other end, “You know I’m not going to let this slide, right?”

                        “You can come back in now. My dad left.”

“Are you ignoring me, Rong?”

                        “Maybe we can go to the cafeteria for lunch?”

“Rong,” Eunji sang, knowing how desperately Chorong wanted to avoid talking about it any further, “Greet me at the door in ten seconds.”

                        She knew that she had no choice, but Chorong hung up the phone and sat on her bed for longer than she knew was needed. After deciding that it was better to just face what she deserved, Chorong stalked to the front door and leaned cooly against the wall with a bored expression. Eunji came just in time, kicking off her shoes with a bright aurora seeping from around her.

                        “Good morning Ms. Jung,” Chorong drawled sarcastically, sweeping a small bow and turning to make her leave. Eunji caught her hand before she could go much further, spinning her straight back into her arms.

                        “That’s not the greeting I want.”

                        “I’m not going to kiss you.” Chorong huffed, folding her arms in protest when Eunji pulled her toward the couch.

                        “That’s not what I want.”

                        Chorong peered at her curiously, suddenly intrigued that Eunji was not being typical and forcing her into any notion of skinship.

                        “Just do what I say, okay?”

                        Chorong nodded hesitantly then began to give her a skeptical eye when she pulled out her phone. She seemed to have switched to her camera because she held it up toward Chorong's face, grinning at the screen as if she were looking straight into her eyes. Chorong shifted uncomfortably, not wanting to admit that the spotlight was on her but unable to move from the couch due to Eunji's tight grip.

                        “You have to do this properly or I’m going to stay mad at you,” Eunji said slowly, breaking into a bright grin when Chorong nodded uneasily again. “Repeat after me in your cutest voice.”

                        “What!?”

                        “It has to be in your cutest voice or we’re going to keep doing this.” she gave a sickeningly charming smile, “And I have all day.”

                        Chorong felt her stomach churn and she could feel the burning hate in her eyes when she began to process Eunji's request. Out of all things, in the end this was what Jung Eunji wanted. Psh, how foolish.

                        “Repeat after me,” Eunji puffed out her chest and chanted in the most nonchalant tone, “I, Rong, am sorry for making Meung jump out the window.”

                        “Who jump out the window?”

                        Eunji glared at her menacingly, brightening only as Chorong started to repeat after her. There was honey dripping from her raspy voice, her cheeks inflating slightly as she spoke. Eunji tried to keep from twitching upward, already wanting to hear more but knowing that Chorong would stop after seeing her pleased.

                        “Are you really sorry?”

                        “Don’t. Push. It. Jung. Eunji.” Chorong jeered, clenching her fist after feeling her cheeks burn with spectacular embarrassment.

                        “I think you meant to say a different name.” Eunji teased, clinging onto the last shard of hope in hearing Chorong's voice again. She sighed heavily, furrowed her brows with the last amount of concentration, and mustered her final adorable spirit. Or what was left of it.

                        “Meung.”

                        And before Eunji could hit the blinking red button on her phone, Chorong burst into a high pitched screech, jumping up and down and running back into her room with Eunji hot on her heels. The girl was now face down on her mattress, too ashamed at her own behavior and unable to meet Eunji's eyes out of complete agitation. Eunji began to her hair, climbing into the bed with her. Her arms embraced the small girl next to her, her face lowering into the crook of her neck to hum against her ear. It was always warmer there and Chorong's body heat was a comfortable feeling that made Eunji feel safer than when she was at the gym pouring out her blood, sweat, and tears. Chorong had also begun to relax, though she was still slightly upset that she couldn’t be mad at Eunji for putting her through all that. She lowered her gaze to face Eunji just then, tracing the way Eunji's eyes sparkled and formed into a lovable pout. There was no way she could be mad at a puppy as cute as that. Eunji's breath had left her ear now and her nose trailed down her face to stop at her chin. There was a small pause: a moment before she drew the lines of Chorong's throat with her tongue. Just like that, Eunji had started to kiss her gently on the neck, flipping her over to one side of the bed so she could be leaning over her. Chorong tried to push her off, giggling at how ticklish it was when Eunji ran her lips toward her chin again.

                        “Stay still, Rong.” Eunji breathed, brushing a strand of hair from her face, “It’s my turn to be sorry.”

                        Chorong tightened at her voice, suddenly hyper aware of Eunji's bare skin against hers. Her shirt hung loosely against her body, flashing the light lines of abs. Chorong tried to slow her breath, her eyes focused only on the way Eunji moved under her shirt. She could feel her against her chest, her hands slipping down to her pants and brushing against her hot core just wh–

                        Chorong jerked herself sideways over the bed, hearing Eunji's body crash down onto the hard planks.

                        “Dad!” she yelled awkwardly, laughing strangely as she tried to gather herself. Her dad stood frozen at the door, his eyes wider than ever and his mouth hung open in shock.

                        “I–I left my p–phone.” He stuttered, his eyes darting to the side desk and grasping the small device placed on top of it. Chorong nodded as he slipped it in his pocket, maintaining eye contact as she continued to press down against Eunji's head that was consistently bobbing toward her in attempts to stand up.

                        “I, uh, I suppose that’s your girlfriend?”

                        Chorong looked up at him in confusion, surprised that he was still trying to make talk in this situation. All she could think of was how lucky she was that Eunji did not undress her faster. Eunji finally managed to push up against Chorong's firm hand and strode over to Chorong's dad with her endearing smile. Her eyes had disappeared into her typical curves, her voice sweet as she bowed.

                        “I’m Jung Eunji. Nice to meet you, sir.”

                        “My daughter speaks well of you.” Chorong's dad began to relax, his shoulders drooping back down though he avoided meeting eyes with his daughter, “I’ve never seen her so in love.”

                        “Stop it, dad,” Chorong whined, getting up from under the sheets to join Eunji's side. She was already beaming with that innocent look in her eyes again though Chorong doubted that her dad would buy it after what he had just caught her doing to his own daughter.

                        “I’m not very difficult to fall in love with.” Eunji laughed pleasantly, her heavenly smile only getting wider. Chorong was starting to understand why Eunji was so easily sociable.

                        “Well, I’ll leave you guys to it then.” Chorong's dad gave Chorong a furtive thumbs up and hustled out of the room, still bustling with small talk as Eunji walked him to the front door. Chorong could hear the last of their polite parting words before the door clicked shut and Eunji came scrambling back into the room.

                        “I hate you Jung Eunji.”

                        “You know you don’t.”

 

A.N.: This is kind of a weird filler chapter that I wasn't sure about but decided to add anyway because I still imagined these EunRong scenes as very sweet so here you go! Next chapter will start to get heavier in terms of HaNa/HaJoo though so keep in touch!