Friendly Help

Pet Life

In the early morning, as Hongjoong and Seonghwa were still sound asleep, their cat Snowball had pounced up next to Seonghwa and started to meow to wake him up. Seonghwa groaned a little bit and right afterward Hongjoong’s alarm went off. He groaned as well before shutting off the alarm and looking over to see Snowball on top of Seonghwa’s chest. He chuckled to himself and slowly got out of bed, Snowball following right behind. He went into the kitchen and put some kitten kibble inside of Snowball’s food bowl. Usually Seonghwa feeds her right on cue, but Seonghwa wasn’t feeling too well the previous night so Hongjoong assumed that was why he didn’t wake up right away at Snowball’s cries for food. He slowly made his way back into the bedroom after making sure Snowball started to eat her food and sat down next to Seonghwa. “You feeling any better?” he asked in a soft tone. Seonghwa shook his head, curling up under the soft white bed sheets even more than he already was before. Hongjoong sighed softly and slid his hand under the sheets, gently placing his hand onto Seonghwa’s forehead. Hongjoong stood up and steadily marched his way to the bathroom. He grabbed a washcloth from the cabinet and wet it with cold water from the sink. He rinsed it out and went back into the bedroom, folding it twice before gently placing it onto Seonghwa’s forehead. “You fed her, right?” Seonghwa asked. Hongjoong nodded and lightly chuckled before softly speaking, “Yes, she is fed. She should be done eating soon, don’t worry. You know we both share the responsibility for her so today just don’t worry, I’ll make sure she’s fine.” Seonghwa nodded slowly, thanking Hongjoong before slowly falling back asleep. Hongjoong sighed to himself and slowly walked out of the room, heading to the studio room as Snowball followed behind him. She quietly sat with him in the studio as he worked throughout the day hardly bothering him before it reached around the time that Seonghwa would normally play with her to give her some good exercise. She pawed and meowed at Hongjoong’s leg wanting to play. He laughed and stood up, grabbing some string that was in the room. He swirled it around the room and Snowball chased and swatted after it like any normal kitten before Seonghwa slowly stepped into the room. He whined softly, “Hongjoong-ah, I’m hungry.” Hongjoong instaly stopped and smiled before walking out of the room with the two in tow, heading toward the living room and kitchen area. Seonghwa and Snowball sat on the couch together as Hongjoong made him some chicken noodle soup to enjoy. After he finished making it, he set the bowl with a towel underneath on top of the coffee table in front of Seonghwa. He sat down next to Seonghwa and the television as he thought this would be a nice small break from work. Snowball, who was perched up in Seonghwa’s lap, moved herself into a comfy position into Hongjoong’s lap instead and got all curled up as she purred happily. Seonghwa lightly laughed at this as he noted, “Seems that she does like you after all.” Hongjoong laughed and smiled, sighing contently as this moment couldn’t have been any better. He mentioned how he was playing with her just before Seonghwa walked into the studio and how she didn’t make too much of a fuss in the room. Seonghwa was a bit shocked as he stated, “So you’re a brat to your eomma but not to your appa? I see how it is.” He playfully huffed as Hongjoong laughed with a sweet grin across his face.