Rewrite the stars

Rewrite the stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being stars was their dream...

Going on stage together was their fate…

Falling for each other was their curse…

Baekhyun and Chanyeol tended to forget some life events quite easily, but they could exactly remember the exact few moments their heart skipped a beat for each other. One was more precise in their mind though; The very first time, their eyes fell on each other. The smaller could remember with precision how he got introduced to the other trainees chosen to be part of the next K-pop sensation.    From then, what they were going to become was still vague, but they did not have a care about the outcome. It was too soon to forecast any sign of success, but they knew with certitude they were going to debut. Whatever the result, their feet would step on the stage, at least once. At that time, debuting was all that mattered for all of them. While joining the group this late, it has been scary to Baekhyun at first. However, the lanky clumsy boy, who introduced himself as Chanyeol, made it so easy for him to follow, to get accepted and to pursue their common goal.

Meeting Park Chanyeol has been like an evidence to Byun Baekhyun. It would have been outside their company, they would have met, they would have clicked. It was as simple and certain as 2+2 = 4. Both ended up believing they were bounded to become friends somehow, even best friends. They were thinking the same, having fun the same, and shaping and imagining the future the same. Everything the exact same.
Based on the prestige of their agency, Baekhyun knew somehow, they could make it big. Never had he expected the success they were gaining with Exo right now. Though Baekhyun liked it in a way, he was still left nostalgic. He had sacrificed his youth, his privacy and his freedom, but in another hand, he was still doing what he loved; singing, being on stage and performing. Still, though his career was fulgurant, day by day, he was realizing the best thing that happened to him in this long and tumultuous journey, was none other than Chanyeol. And if you were to ask the taller what Baekhyun meant to him, his answer would be as close as Baekhyun’s.
They could not deny the fluttering of their hearts as they would physically have contact, as innocent that it could be. The smaller got unconsciously used to the constant presence over him, the extra care and the attention Chanyeol had for him, while the taller was undeniably driven toward Baekhyun's easiness and self-assurance, with his unique sense of humor to lighten Chanyeol's mood. It has never been a big deal, but the simple hand of Chanyeol on the small of Baekhyun’s back, had the fluffy one reconsider his feelings for his coworker numerous times. 
 

When Chanyeol started training under SM Ent, he had never expected to find friends. The co-trainees were to be his future business partners and soon, they would be working together, finding success together. Chanyeol had big dreams, he had always wanted to be a musician, an artist, and if being an idol was the first step to succeed, he would shed sweat and blood to achieve his dream. Park has been egoistical and blinded by his ambition at first but sharing so much with eleven other people and fighting together to follow their dream had showed him another way to believe, another way to see. The way he used to think changed drastically when he met the late joiner, Byun Baekhyun. From where Chanyeol has been observing the guy, Baekhyun was just another supposedly talented guy, but the more he observed him, the faster he wanted to befriend him. So much, it didn’t take more than one day for them to become inseparable. It was not long either before Chanyeol realize Baekhyun was just a fluffy laughing ball and at the same time, a teasing vixen when it was about performing. As he spent more time with the small prankster, who, at first, became his roommate, he was forced to admit the feelings he had for the shorter male was deeper than what they should have been. Different feelings you usually do not bare for a mere friend.  It was scary, unsettling and Chanyeol did not know how to cope with this realization while he was only 19 at the time.

They have known each other for more than 5 years as slight changes occurred in their routines. Their band went through a lot. With members dropping one by one, all the members faced a rough period, leaving them all mentally exhausted. Despite the burden of being public figures, now they had to be extra careful of their actions. Chanyeol had been a great support for Baekhyun during that period when the only thing he needed was a shoulder to cry and a kind-hearted person to hear him out. The taller had truly been Baekhyun’s rock through this nightmare of dropping member and couple of scandals. It was funny how the brunette looked so confident and was constantly roasting when he was on stage. Nevertheless, when make-up faces were clean, and idol outfits were off, Baekhyun was simply human, with a certain sensibility and a sense of fragility that only Chanyeol and a very few members got to witness. Baekhyun was the big mouth one, along with Chanyeol and even more when they were together. No wonder they were considered the nosiest. Though, the moment they would fall into a comfortable silence, they would be in their own world. Communicating with small signs or a simple look between them was enough.


Baekhyun believed for a longtime he was in the wrong for having inappropriate thoughts about Chanyeol and his behavior would eventually vanish. He was beyond hopeless whenever Chanyeol was around or looking at him, fearing the taller could read the emotions hidden there. He would instantly have this recognizable warm feeling in his heart and this rare sensation of throat constricting, driving him insane. It was not something Baekhyun could tell anyone, it was his secret and his burden after all. It became so much he reconsidered his position in the group so many times, contemplating the idea to quit if he could not come to a conclusion with his own feelings. And as if being hopeless was not enough, it was turning chaotic and nerve wrecking whenever Chanyeol was casting too much attention on him when they were on stage. Everything has become blurry for Baekhyun, so much he could not distinguish what was true and what was fake in his relationship with Chanyeol. But one thing was sure, his sentiments for the taller were not. 


It had Chanyeol smiling a little whenever during Exo concerts or fan meetings, he would spot a Chanbaek fan banner. In those moments, he grew self-conscious wondering if he had been too obvious while interacting with Baekhyun. Maybe he had looked differently, maybe he had been too insistent while secretly contemplating the object of his obsession.                                          Because Byun had this power in him to be a showstopper and attract attention. Chanyeol could not deny Baekhyun has always had his undivided attention. He had not mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter