Prologue

Let's get Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Sometimes when I look at you apart of me wanted to be selfish and claims you all to myself, it just that you are my friend and losing you in my life is equivalent to losing half of my world"

 

 

 

 

The night seems to be calm and peaceful. Indistinct noises could be heard from the distance hence, it's no near to be consider as a disturbance. A woman, thick furry coat drape over her shoulder, looks up from where she stood infront of the huge gate. Only the rust stuck on the metal were the only evidence left from all the years it has been there as though waiting to be notice. A faint smile grazes her lips as she exhale deeply.

 

"Hello," she greeted, a low chuckled left realizing how silly it is to greet an object which obviously would not greet her back. Maybe, she was already losing her mind right now.

 

Her phone rang after, startling her a bit. Fishing out the device from her back pocket, a deep sigh left as soon as she realize who's the caller.

 

"She have done nothing wrong. Don't be stupid, Seungwan" she murmurs, clutching the device between her hands that it almost turns white already.

 

"Seungwan!" the shrieked that came from the other line as soon as she answers the call, followed by a sigh of relief almost brought a smile to her lips. But of course it has to stop as she remembers what she was doing this past couple of weeks. She realize she needs to have a breather with all of this suffocating feelings she was dealing off inside. And avoiding the main source of it all were the only solution that came up her mind. She tried really but Juhyun has her own ways to break those plans. One good example is what happening right now.

 

Why did she call her all of sudden and why did Seungwan even answer the call?

 

"Seungwan, hey still there?" Seungwan shake off the thoughts, clears she answers, "Yeah, still here. Why- why did you call?"

 

The awkward silence that follows suddenly freaks her out. Did her words sounded so rude? Have Juhyun thoughts she's being a nuisance? No, it should not be like that. Seungwan didn't mean it to sound like that.

 

"Juhyun, I'm...I'm sorry I didn't mean it like-" Juhyun didn't let her finish with her ramblings as she quickly cut her off.

 

"It's okay, I understand" there's a soft paused and a few shufflings from the other line before the woman spoke again, "It just..." the words hang for a moment and Seungwan hold her breath. She don't understand why she was nervous all of a sudden. It just Juhyun, what harm could she do to her other than keeping her falling deeper and deeper in love in each passing seconds.

 

"I miss you,"

 

Her body stiffened, the grasp on the device loosen a little Seungwan thought she will faint in there due to the quick palpitation of her heart beat.

 

She knows it was wrong to give a meaning to the other woman's sudden endearment. She, of all people should know that Juhyun is the type of a friend who is clingy and possessive sometimes. But why is her insides melt just because of that simple words?

 

Bae Juhyun, what are you even doing to me?

 

It almost takes her a good two minutes before she could get back to her senses and breathlessly mutters a soft, "I miss you, too"

 

Something bloom inside her. It f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter