After Party

After Party

It was near midnight when Seunghoon arrived at his apartment after some schedules to do that day, sure he did not take many work-related schedules to do since Winner just finished their first CROSS concert the day before. He went to his parents’ house and to the therapist that day to check on his knees. He was also just scrolling through SNS the rest of the day to check on some concert-fancams.

“Seungyoon-aah?” he checked on Seungyoon if the maknae has arrived there before him. There was no answer. He did not try again because he was sure Seungyoon was not home yet, probably at the studio or having dinner with his friends.

Seunghoon went straight to his room and lay down on his bed, thinking about these past few months that he actually had the most time with the other members this year. Even though they live in the same building for more than 5 years since trainee, these days they just not meet each other so often. Unlike the early days of their debut, they had many separated schedules now. Seungyoon was the one he met the most because they live together, but even that, he only met the leader once or twice a week.

Seungyoon was not the type of person who liked being taken care of too much. He was always independent, highly responsible, and mature. Seunghoon knew that very well. That was why Seunghoon sometimes tried to show the other side of Seungyoon to other people by teasing him or encourage him to loosen up a bit, and it seemed worked, since Seungyoon now often acted cutely comfortably to Seunghoon and in front of their fans.

Seunghoon smiled at the thought of Jinwoo being so tired yet so happy the days near their concert day. He knew that Jinwoo was very much feeling burdened before, this hyung would go to the military next year, he kept telling Seunghoon that he was nervous and worried if he was not doing well enough. Seunghoon could only tell to his hyung that everything was going to be just fine.

Just then, Seunghoon’s phone rang breaking the silence, loud enough to make him nearly jumped off the bed. He reached to his phone inside his pocket and saw the screen. It was Mino calling him.

“Hey, what’s up?” Seunghoon answered the call, then had to set his phone away from his ear for a second, because of the loud music coming out from Mino’s side of the line.

“Hyung, where are you?” Mino asked, almost screamed.

“I’m home. Are you still at the after party?” Seunghoon replied, but Mino did not answer and seemed like he did not hear his hyung’s voice, “You’re still at the party, aren’t you?” Seunghoon had to repeat, louder.

“Ah, yeah, yes, I am.” Mino answered, sounded like he blabbered though, but Seunghoon got it.

Seunghoon frowned, but he smiled a little after that. “Why do you call me?” He asked again. Mino answered something, but Seunghoon could not hear him clearly, “What?”

“Come here, why don’t you come?” Mino said, “I thought you’re invited, too!”

“No, I don’t.” Seunghoon did not remember any invitation came up for him.

“Ooh, nooo… I want you to be here! How dare them not inviting you!!” Mino sounded even more likely drunk.

“Hey, are you drunk??” Seunghoon raised his voice this time. He was the one who always remind s to control their drinking habits. Drinking is allowed, but do not get wasted! He said every time they planned to go for drinks.

Seunghoon could hear Mino was grinning on the other line.

“Aren’t you with Simon hyung?”

Mino did not answer, then suddenly he hung up the phone.

“Hey!” Seunghoon looked on his phone and stood up. “aish, Mino, I told him to drink responsibly, is he getting drunk now? And he called me? This clown…” he went to his recent contacts on the phone and tried to call someone. The person he called answered almost immediately.

“Hyung!” he called their manager who was with Mino, “You are with Mino, right?” although he knew the answer from the music playing in the background of the manager’s side of the line, “Is he drunk??”

“Yes, he is with me, but I am sure he’s not drinking that much!” the manager answered as loudly as he could for Seunghoon to hear.

Seunghoon was a bit relieved after his manager told him that, “Oh, okay, then. Take care of him, hyung, you might as well have fun!” he said, but before he finished talking, there was another person distracting the manager and he could hear that person said “Who are you talking to? Is that Hoon hyung? Let me talk to him—HYUNG!” that person was Mino.

Seunghoon rolled his eyes and sighed, “what, Mino?”

“Why did you hang up on me earlier?”

“I didn’t! You hung up on me! Ck, you’re talking non-sense.”

“Really? Hyung, I swear I’m not drunk!” Mino replied, he raised his voice as the people around him were laughing and singing.

“Well, you sound like you’re drunk.” Seunghoon said but he was likely talking to himself since he did not try to raise his voice for Mino to hear.

Mino clearly did not hear to what Seunghoon said as he continued, “Hyung, pick me up, I am done.”

“What do you mean, you’re done? Why do you ask me to pick you up? You’re with Simon hyung and the other staffs.” Seunghoon nagged.

“I won’t go home unless you pick me up—“ Mino said, with a teasing tone.

Seunghoon frowned and opened his mouth to answer, but before he could reply with anything, his manager took the phone again and said, “Seunghoon-ah, now I think he is drunk.”

Seunghoon closed his eyes as he sighed and stretched his neck to the back. “Please, take him home, hyung.” He said to the manager.

“There is a problem… he keeps telling that he would go home only if you come here to pick him up.” The manager said, “Would you mind if you come here? I’m so sorry for this mess, but I tried to take care of it like always, but this time he’s just really drunk than the last time. Mino even said that he wouldn’t mind sleeping here if you’re not coming. I’m running out of ideas to drag him home.”

Seunghoon took a deep breath and groaned. “Okay, okay. I’m not doing anything anyway. I’m coming there.” Then he hung up the phone, and called the other manager to prepare for the car.

--

Mino enjoyed parties, he liked surrounded by many people and having a good time with music, but that night he could not enjoy it that much. Parties like this made him feel like he was performing. Bodyguards and manager circled around him, so many cameras recording him, people reacted at anything he did.

He was with so many people that night but he felt alone. He was tired, he hadn’t had proper sleep since he did not even remember when, probably two or three months ago? His body was dancing to the music, but his mind was somehow thinking about some other things; his bed, his paintings, his room, the time he spent with s preparing for their comeback and concert.

The most recent activities that he sincerely loved to do was practicing with s. He loved everything he did though, but being with s was just the happiest. He knew the other members felt the same about that.

Mino looked around, still tried putting a smile on his face, as he was actually searching for any sign of Seunghoon. “Is Hoon hyung here already?” He asked his manager.

The manager shook his head as an answer.

The fact was, Mino was not drunk. He was a bit tipsy, but he could still know everything that happened around him. He called Seunghoon and acted like he was drunk by “accidentally” hung up the phone, because he knew Seunghoon would nag at him and then call his manager. Seunghoon would not come to him if he was okay, so he set this up, with the help from his manager, to make Seunghoon feel like he had to come.

Seunghoon was his ultimate rescue at time like this. Jinwoo and Seungyoon would come to pick him up to if he asked them, but he did not have the heart to bother Jinwoo (he already said to the members that he wanted to just rest and finish his latest favorite game), and did not want Seungyoon to worry too much of him (Mino thought Seungyoon could be annoying when he was worried).

Mino knew that Seunghoon would nag at him at first, but he would be chill after that, and probably make fun of him, which was Mino enjoy the most. He secretly loved it when Seunghoon , or when they bickered over unimportant things.

He glanced at the entrance once again, and he could see Seunghoon, he could easily recognize the tall posture, the hat, and the jacket Seunghoon was wearing. He jumped a bit and raised his hands so that Seunghoon could see him, and the older did, his sharp eyes caught Mino’s hands.

--

The sight of the crowd slightly could be seen, as the car approaching it. Seunghoon suddenly regretted that he did not think much about his outfit when he rushed out to pick Mino up. He was only wearing his current outfit from the gym earlier before he went home, he did not change his clothes at all.

He finally arrived, and asked the manager to park the car a bit far away to not getting much attention from the crowd in front of the venue. Cringed by his own outfit, but he got out from the car anyway. He walked calmly towards the venue and somehow successfully escaped from the crowd beside the front door and got into the venue. He began searching for Mino and the team.

Seunghoon thought it would be easy, he would just rush inside the building, find Mino, and drag him to the car (with the help of their managers). But, that thought disappeared immediately as he saw a bunch of people dancing hard to the music, and there he was, Mino was excitedly raising his hands.

Seunghoon pulled down his hat until it almost covered half of his face, he did not want people to find out that he was there. He walked carefully through the crowd to approach Mino, slightly acting like a bodyguard, but then some people started noticing, “Oh, he’s Seunghoon! Winner’s Seunghoon.”

He tried to stay calm since some eyes were on him now, even though he was really uncomfortable by the situation. He finally reached Mino and grabbed his wrist.

“You’re not drunk.” Seunghoon realized after he saw the wide grin on Mino’s face.

“I told you, I’m not.” Mino confirmed, “I just want you to be here, too, and you really come! I’m so happy.”

Seunghoon was annoyed inside, he would have been sleeping peacefully now if it was not for this. But his anger disappeared as he saw Mino’s eyes and could see that the younger was genuinely happy. He sighed. “So, you’re done? Let’s go home.” He pulled Mino by the wrist but the later pulled back and grabbed his jacket instead.

“Hyung, would you mind if we stay here a little bit longer? Just a few minutes, I have to meet some people first before we go home.” Mino started to look around to find some people.

Seunghoon rolled his eyes. “Okay, I’ll wait near the exit. Take your time.” He was about to walked, when Mino tighten his grip on the jacket.

“Don’t leave without me.” Mino said.

“Are you kidding? Of course, not. I’m here to pick you up.” He walked through the crowd again, and now more people recognized him after he was talking with Mino. He ended up letting some people take photos with him while he waited.

--

“Thank you, hyung.” Mino said when they finally sit in the car on the way home.

“Don’t mention it.” Seunghoon said as he rested his head on the back of the chair and closed his eyes.

“I’m sorry to bother you tonight.”

Seunghoon did not answer.

Mino thought that his hyung fell asleep, so he continued.

“Hyung… I know that I said this earlier, but umm… I just want to tell you again that I’m happy you’re willing to come pick me up tonight. I felt so lonely back there at the party, I wished that the four of us could come together.” He said it very carefully, his voice was so little, the manager could not hear it.

“The four of us were not meeting each other that much these days after our last tour ended. I really enjoy the moment we spent hours and days of practicing, preparing our recent comeback. Going to the party alone without the members after being together a lot these days, I was sad. I just realized that,” Mino paused, “I missed you so much. I missed Yoon and Jinwoo hyung, too, but I don’t know…” He paused a little longer this time and let out a small laugh. “I guess I just really attached to you.”

Mino glanced to Seunghoon, who was still closing his eyes, not answering. “I’m glad you’re asleep. Sleep well, Hoon hyung. I’ll wake you up when we arrive.” He smiled and sighed as he rested his head to the car window, he whispered. “I wish you were listening, but nah... it’s okay if you’re not.”

--

Seunghoon was not asleep. He listened to everything Mino just said. He smiled as soon as he knew Mino was no longer looking at him. He stayed still, pretending that he was sleeping the rest of their way home.

As soon as the car parked, Seunghoon insisted the manager that he and Mino would go first, just so there would be only the two of them inside the elevator. Mino had no idea why Seunghoon did that and just followed him.

They arrived at Mino’s floor first, Mino said good night and walked out to the corridor, but before the elevator door closed, instead of replying to Mino’s ‘good night’, he said, “I missed you too, Mino.” And then smiled.

Seunghoon could see Mino widened his eyes and blushed, and he could hear the younger said, “You wasn’t asleep?—“ before the elevator door closed completely and took him to his floor.

Seunghoon chuckled. Tomorrow would be a good day.