four

Eyes for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The past two weeks have passed in a flash, and the nearing finals made Yeeun’s nervousness grow by the second. Yeeun would admit, she never considered herself to be smart, the girl happily obliging with attaining a grade for her art compared to her essay anyway. 

 

 

 

Sadly, the education system didn’t work that way. 

 

 

So Yeeun spent the days cooped up in her bedroom, trying her best to cram anything and everything in her small puny brain, which was not only physically but emotionally impractical. 

 

 

Thankfully, she had an amazing girlfriend who had a stupidly smart brain. Yeeun swears, she'd never seen someone understand both humanities and sciences. It’s enough of a wow factor that Elkie knew the periodic table at the back of her hand, but Elkie had to be good at everything. 

 

Mathematics,

 

Additional mathematics,

 

Chemistry,

 

Biology,

 

Physics? 

 

Yeeun doesn’t even take Physics but seeing all the converging and diverging light rays already made her head spin. 

 

Not to mention Elkie could write essay long answers for her humanities when Yeeun, who loved humanities, could barely squeeze out the required six paragraphs. 

 

 

You know what; Elkie’s just a hardworking genius. 

 

 

Yeeun doesn’t want to be those people that demises other’s hard work just because they’re smart. Being a genius can only get you so far, so that’s where their hard work comes in. 

 

 

And seeing how Elkie memorised all the different types of workings and could even make up questions to test her, Yeeun just knows how much effort this girl put into her studies. 

 

 

Elkie has been her saviour, who was supposed to help her through this and many other problems she or they might face. So the least Yeeun could do was try to memorise subject after subject, Elkie telling her the key concepts and words she needed to write for her written paper to score. 

 

When she was confused, Elkie seemed to always know where the stack of recycled paper was, and could scribble down a mindmap or diagram in seconds, insisting it will be easier for Yeeun to visualise the concepts. As much as Yeeun wanted to disagree, the sparkly eyes Elkie had when drawing made her agree. 

 

Somehow, nearing the end of her complex explanation, Elkie would suddenly have an Eureka moment and find a much easier way of explaining it to Yeeun, the short haired girl’s eyes finally matching Elkie’s twinkle. 

 

 

//

 

 

Yeeun did feel bad about making Elkie go through all her mistakes in her working or concepts, and the girl would also make her lunch when Yeeun was too busy cooped up in her room and couldn’t be bothered to even order takeout. 

 

 

Elkie was such a great girlfriend, Yeeun doesn’t even know how she managed to score someone like her. 

 

 

Elkie had also requested the morning shift for the three weeks where Yeeun had exams, so she was able to sneak a bagel with cream cheese from her workplace for Yeeun before her exam. She was also able to end work around lunch time, finishing her 7-hour shift at 1pm, to have lunch with Yeeun at her place. 

 

Elkie was the only child, so the house was always empty before dinner, so you could say it was absolutely perfect for Yeeun to chill and study. Yeeun was glad both of them were on the same wavelength. Yeeun was afraid she’d be overly distracted by the other girl, and she was afraid that she’d be wasting the girl’s time. 

 

But Elkie proved her wrong once again when she whipped out a thick book, giving Yeeun a soft encouraging smile as if telling her to press on studying. 

 

“What book is that?” Yeeun asks while bending down and shuffling through her bag, picking out the set of exam papers her teachers had given them. 

 

“Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King, he’s a pretty good author, I really liked watching In The Tall Grass on Netflix. I heard it’s by him too.” Elkie replies with a smile, flipping to the first page of her book. 

 

“Plot is kinda… questionable though,” Elkie continues with a chuckle, gaining herself a small confused raise of a brow from Yeeun. 

 

“I’ll tell you when your exams are over.” 

 

Yeeun clicks her tongue before going back to her work, silently thankful that Elkie was always there one way or another, especially since she had a pathetic attention span and would end up doing anything and everything besides studying. 

 

 

//

 

 

Two hours later, Yeeun lets out a loud sigh, taking a quick glance behind her, only to see Elkie spitting the same serious expression; brows knit together, a small smile toying at the edge of her lips. Yeeun glances back to her exam paper, eyes skimming through the question once more, her attempt albeit being futile. 

 

“Getting restless?” 

 

Yeeun’s head pipes up at the voice, head whipping around to lock eyes with Elkie’s, the girl inches away from her. Yeeun lets out a shaky breath, eyes fluttering down to Elkie’s lips. Yeeun watches as Elkie’s lips curves up into a playful smirk, inching forward ever so slowly. 

 

Looking up, Yeeun locks eyes with Elkie’s, the girl’s eyes mirroring her hazed and lust filled ones. Spinning her chair around, Yeeun grabbed the girl’s hips, forcefully getting Elkie to straddle her. Closing whatever gap left between their lips, Yeeun crashed her lips against Elkie’s soft ones, arms wrapped around the girl’s petite waist. Elkie swiped her tongue gently against Yeeun’s bottom lip, asking for entrance. When met with no response, Elkie tugged the girl’s hair, causing her to gasp and allowed Elkie to dip her tongue in, meeting Yeeun’s in a wet hot mess. Letting out a soft groan, Yeeun slides her hand underneath Elkie’s shirt, feeling the curves of the girl’s slender back. Gasping as the girl rolls her hips gloriously against her’s, Yeeun’s nails scratches against the smooth skin, leaving angry red marks. 

 

“Elkie-ah! Are you home?” 

 

Elkie quickly scrambles off Yeeun’s lap, barely landing on the soft bed instead of the hard floor. Yeeun sends the girl a confused look, her confused orbs meeting Elkie’s alarmed orbs. 

 

“Elkie are you in your room- Oh! You invited a friend over!” 

 

Yeeun quickly sends the older lady her brightest smile, smoothing down her shirt and picking up her pen sneakily, pretending she had been doing her work. 

 

“Hello, sorry if I don’t know your name. Elkie doesn’t share much about her school mates. I’m Elkie’s mother, i’ll spare you the awkwardness of guessing who am I.” Elkie’s mother says with a chuckle, eyes scrunching into crescents, and Yeeun finally sees the blaring similarity between the two. 

 

“I’m Jang Yeeun, I’m actually not from the same school as Elkie, which is why I’m studying and she isn’t.” Yeeun pauses to share a laugh with Elkie’s mother before continuing, “Surprisingly, I met Elkie at her workplace. It’s a Starbucks I frequented often and somehow we started talking.” 

 

Yeeun glances at Elkie, who was still flushed and taking in quiet shallow breaths,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter