Beginning and The end

Happiness in the shape of scar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina stood in front of the music room, watching a girl playing the piano. "I really don't know much about music," she thought to herself. "But I've heard that when you're in love, it makes the music sound better or something like that." She continued to watch the girl, who was fully immersed in her playing. Suddenly, the pianist looked in Mina's direction, but when their eyes met, the pianist quickly looked back at the piano. "And I don't think that's true," Mina thought. "I mean, the sound of her playing is so beautiful, but she's always alone and no one can get close to her." Mina watched the pianist's hands. "But those hands! Those hands that only know how to play the piano, those hands that rejected me. They piss me off!" Mina felt anger rising within her.

(Flashback to a few days ago)

The bell rang, signaling the start of lunch break at JYP High School. Students were leaving class or chatting with their friends. Jihyo, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu were sitting at Mina's table. They noticed Mina staring at a girl who was sitting alone by the window. "Minari, you're doing that thing again," Chaeyoung said, sitting down beside her. "You want to talk to that girl, don't you?" Jihyo asked, looking in the direction of the pianist girl. "It bothers me seeing someone sitting all alone," Mina said, standing up and walking towards the pianist's table. "You're so weird, Mina," Jihyo said.

The pianist, Kim Dahyun, was tapping her fingers on the table as if there was an imaginary piano there. "Hey, Kim Dahyun-ssi," Mina greeted her. "Want to eat lunch together?" Mina smiled. "Oh, um, I'm fine here. Don't mind me," Dahyun said. "Ah, of course. She wants to accept but panicked and ended up saying no," Mina thought, assuming that Dahyun was nervous about her sudden approach. "Don't be silly! How about just for today?" Mina still had a bright smile on her face and reached out her hand to Dahyun's, inviting her to join her for lunch"Really,,, I'm happy by myself; you're Myoui Mina-ssi, Right? Thanks for the offer." - Mina looking at Dahyun hands who still folding at the table in front of Dahyun chest, like Dahyun really protect her precious hands. And those hands rejected Mina offer to take it with her's. And Mina still left her hand hanging in the air, even though Dahyun already rejected her. Then Dahyun leaving the class with her pile of Musical score were secured in her chest, left Mina standing alone there.

"Things I've found about Dahyun, She's doesn't have any real friends; and she's very very good at the Piano, I heard she's taught by Famous musicians and plays in national competition." - Mina thought while walking back to the table with her friends who already wait her there. "And that's it. No one knows anything about her; maybe there's actually nothing else to know."

"Then since that's time how many times I reached out, she's never took my hands."

"Minari, don't you think you're a bit obsessed with her? Do you like her that much?" Tzuyu suddenly asked Mina one day. Mina's heart almost jumped in surprise at Tzuyu's questions and she tried to remain cool.

"Sh... she just annoys me, rejecting my kindness," Mina replied calmly.

"Is it kindness though? Isn't that just a hobby of yours?" Chaeyoung interjected. "You know Minari, I guess it's rare for you to get turned down. You always get all the girls you want," Chaeyoung said, giggling.

"I'm not that kind of , Smol," Mina joked, playfully pulling up Chaeyoung's collar.

"Maybe she really does like being by herself? So you should leave her alone, Mina," Tzuyu said wisely.

"It's the piano's fault!!"

(Back to present day)

 

Dahyun was still playing her piano, with soft melodies flying around her. But Mina was still standing there, still looking at Dahyun's hands. "Dahyun is happy being alone because she has that ing piano, and because of that, those hands rejected my invitation," Mina thought, feeling angry as Dahyun ignored her. Dahyun played the song with dynamics that got louder and louder. "I wish those hands couldn't play anymore," Mina thought, casting a curse. Then Dahyun reached a Sforzando and hit the note harshly, as if she was angry at something. But then she played the song subtly again.

A class ended, and all the students were going home or going to their club activities. Mina chose to go home, rather than go to her dance club. As she walked, she saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter