Born talented

Born talented
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong woke up due to itching on his back. Maybe it was that new shower gel or the bedsheets. He tossed and turned in his bed until he gave up and rolled from the bed, almost falling on the floor when his foot got tangled in the blanket. He tried to get rid of the itching, but when he touched his skin, it was hot. Jaejoong freaked out and quickly stood up. The room was extremely cold because, for some reason, the AC was freezing. The snow falling behind the window only added to the cold, and Jaejoong shivered when his feet touched the cold floor.

His ing air conditioner was broken.

After taking a shower and cursing the whole world, including the alternatives, Jaejoong checked the itching on his back that didn't seem to disappear. When he wanted to examine what the hell is still wrong, Jaejoong almost fainted. There was a big mark on his back. It was spelling Yunho.

A soulmate mark.

"Holy ." He gasped in shock. There was no Yunho around him. A lot of Junhos, but no Yunho. "I'm too old for a soulmate mark."

In his twenty-two, Jaejoong was a successful artist. He painted digitally, traditionally, made a living out of his hobby. He stopped to think about soulmates when he hit twenty and still no mark. All of his friends were all and giggly since eighteen, showing their marks to each other and petting the poor Jaejoongie's head when he was probably destined to spend his life with his muse.

Oh boy, how wrong he was.

"Junsu!" he yelled into his phone, "Junsu for Christ's sake. I'm calling you, so let me talk first!" he muted his too enthusiastic friend.

"Hyung!"

"Shutup!" Jaejoong hissed shortly, "I have a soulmate!"

"No way!"

"What is this response?!"

"You are twenty-two, that's like impossible."

"Who told you that?!"

"I guess."

Jaejoong almost could see Junsu shrugging at his own useless two brain cells, taking over his whole brain again. Why his best friend had to be a man who spends his life reading, sorting, and selling books in the most boring district of Gwangju?

"Can I come over today?" Jaejoong asked.

"Of course, but I need to… oh, hyung!"

"What?" Jaejoong put the kettle on the stove.

"Can you make me onigiri?"

It wasn't like Jaejoong didn't have time to cook, but he was too distracted by just discovering that he has a soulmate in this huge, cold, ugly world. Jaejoong sighed at that and checked his stock of rice in the cabinet.

"You want flavor?"

"Chicken and tuna."

 

**

Jaejoong spent the whole afternoon thinking about this Yunho. He couldn't stop thinking about it even after he finished a bento for Junsu. It was always a challenge to try the Japanese kitchen. That name occupied his mind that much that he couldn't stop cooking. Jaejoong left his apartment in two in the afternoon with five boxes of food and his cold nose. He could probably use his home as a big freezer.

By the time he was driving to the bookstore where Junsu was working, the snowing became thicker, and he almost couldn't see anything else but a white blanket.

"No ing way!" Jaejoong cursed when red lights appeared in front of him. A man approached his car — a cop.

In no way, he would open the window to let the cold and snow inside his car, but the man had a different idea when he knocked on the glass. Jaejoong rolled down the window only a bit, leaning on the side so he could hear better.

"Did I do something wrong?" Jaejoong asked.

"Your driving license, please."

"You know it's cold out there. I didn't…" Jaejoong opened his wallet. He inserted his driving license through the tin passage his window provided.

Both of the men exchanged looks, and then it was happening.

The policeman had a scarf around his nose and mouth, or else he would probably get his face freeze off. It took him too long to examine the small plastic card with Jaejoong's personal information. The uniformed man uttered a quiet be back and disappeared in his car. Jaejoong was getting nervous. He opened the glove compartment and checked out his car documentation.

"What the hell…" Jaejoong though. The snow was almost covering his car by now. How long it could take to inspect a driving license.

Jaejoong looked at this back seat where all the food was safely placed, and almost immediately, he regretted that he didn't make a coffee. He would kill for something warm now. He couldn't increase the heating anymore, or else he would either choke or get sick the moment he would get out of the car.

"ing finally," he sighed when the officer returned to his car. Jaejoong opened the window again.

"Kim Jaejoong," the man said too eagerly, "are you an artist?"

"Yes."

"You're a college student?"

"No, I am a born talent."

"Born talent…" the officer laughed, "so, it's you."

"What?" Jaejoong looked at his driving license, which was inserted back through the window.

"Do you have time?"

"Why?" the confusion grew inside Jaejoong like a radioactive plant. What if he met some sociopath, a stalker, a freak who was only pretending he's a policeman?

"Because…" the man pulled down his scarf, "I'm Jung Yunho."

It took Jaejoong a while to proceed with the information. He opened his mouth, gasping like a fish in the water, and rolled down the window completely and stuck his head out. The snow was covering the man's beanie and his jacket. That face and kind brown eyes couldn't belong to a police officer. In no freaking way.

"You have marks?" Jaejoong asked.

"Your name across my heart and your personal signature Born talent on my…" Yunho cleared his throat.

"Your what?"

"I have a pause for lunch." Yunho offered subtly.

"I have a lot of food in my car."

Yunho smiled at that.

 

**

They sat in the freezing car on a parking lot near to the place where Yunho stopped Jaejoong's car. Yunho brought two coffees from his vehicle, saying that his partner doesn't mind. Jaejoong hasn't even seen the partner yet, only a police car driving away on the road when Yunho got in the car with him. Jaejoong offered him Okonomiyaki gently placed on the food box. It looked fancy, and at first, Yunho couldn't believe a food like that is offered to him. Japanese kitchen? What are you a born talent in everything? Jaejoong laughed at that, then asked how does he know it's Okonomiyaki and Yunho with his mouth full of the delicious food similar to a pancake answered I lived in Japan for two years.

"Who's your partner?" Jaejoong asked, sipping the hot coffee.

"My childhood friend. We thought it would be cool to join the cops together," Yunho smiled.

"How old are you?"

"Twenty-six."

Jaejoong hummed approvingly. He didn't look a bit older than Jaejoong himself. While eating Okonomiyaki, Yunho didn't forget to get the filling all over his mouth and cheek. He was adorable while taking these big bites like there was no tomorrow for food. Jaejoong bent over the front car seat and pulled out a handkerchief from the glove department. Gently, he wiped the sauce from Yunho's cheek, utterly aware of the older man watching him the whole time.

"Do you feel that too?" Yunho asked.

"What do you mean?" Jaejoong played with the tissue between his fingers nervously.

"The connection," Yunho was done eating now, "between you and me."

Oh, that feeling. Jaejoong started to fumble with the plastic boxes, putting them aside by the rear glass. While eating, he could at least concentrate at something else than the fact that he was sitting in his car with his supposed to be a soulmate. Yunho was stunning when he got into the car and took off his beanie. He ran his long and slim fingers through his black hair and opened his jacket just like that. The mole over his upper lip was distracting Jaejoong enough, so when Yunho asked him again, Jaejoong was too occupied by staring.

"You are very handsome," Yunho said, his voice deep and low, "and also very pretty."

Jaejoong's eyes widened. He met the look of Jung Yunho, who was pouring so much of emotions into one stare that if almost melted Jaejoong. Suddenly the car felt too warm.

"Can I touch you?" Yunho asked with carefully, "just your hand."

Yunho's palms were big and looked soft. There was a silver band over his middle finger on his right hand. Jaejoong didn't need to be asked twice. He slipped his visibly smaller hand into Yunho's warm and smiled.

"You're cold." And suddenly, the thumb was the back of Jaejoong's palm like it was the most natural thing between them.

"My air conditioner is broken," Jaejoong said, still upset by the fact that he would have to get back to his freezing apartment.

"I can take a look at that if you want."

"Huh?" he was again too distracted by the man's presence and his scent, "that would be nice."

"But until then," he took Jaejoong's hands between his warm palms, "let me warm you up."

"Yes, please." Was all Jaejoong managed do say before Yunho rubbed his hands and blew warm air at them. The bold move made Jaejoong jerk a little. He felt Yunho's lips brushing over his pinkie.

"Too much?"

"No, no…" Jaejoong shook his head, "just…"

"Just?"

"Come on." Jaejoong giggled and lowered his head. His cheeks were getting warmer.

"What?" Yunho , smirking.

"This feels so surreal."

Yunho nodded, the smile still shaping his lips into a beautiful line, "aren't you curious how did I find you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I…" Yunho cleared his throat, "it's been years since I have marks on my body."

"Years?" Jaejoong gasped in shock, "years?"

The older man nodded while placing Jaejoon's hands into his lap. He massaged them gently. I'll buy you a nice pair of gloves, Yunho muttered for himself, but it made Jaejoong's heart a bit warmer again. If Yunho continued with his kind treating, Jaejoong's heart soon would start to heat like a furnace, and his blood will boil, and he will die due to being treated too lovingly.

"Since my eighteen."

"From the very beginning?" Jaejoong asked. It hurt him physically to even think about how l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter