Final

Chanyeol, My Flask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wow, that’s a lot of money in there!”

Dara abruptly put her body to the screen to cover the ATM machine, not forgetting to turn and glare at the person behind her. She ignored the fact that that was Park Chanyeol who was standing behind her, eyes widened curiously, and almost amusedly.

Maybe the latter, because Dara was aware that she only has a few dollars left in her account.

His boyish looks and big ears seem stood out too much that Dara had to hold herself from squealing. Trying to ignore the tickling feelings inside her stomach, Dara turned back to the screen, furrowing her eyebrows in frustration before clicking ‘NO’. What’s there to withdraw anyway? She barely had minimum amount of money in there to draw.

“Whoa! Calm down, girl.” He said again after Dara pulled the card harshly from inside the damn machine. She was embarrassed and frustrated, adding Chanyeol to witnessed her was not doing any better. It was normal for students to be broke, but Chanyeol wasn’t someone she would want to show how penniless she was right now.

After all, Park Chanyeol has been her crush for two years they were here. That was the first time she got him to talk to her. Not that she even tried to approach him before. There was no way the senior who was one semester earlier and way more popular than her would notice her anyway.

Dara was mortified so much that she practically sprinted away from there.

 

**

 

“Are you kidding me?” Dara sighed out loud, staring at her phone, ticked off by everyone in the group. This was why she really hated group assignments. She knew everyone was friendly and outgoing, but it was not the same when it comes to work. All of them needed to be reminded for at least two times a day so they would freaking do their part.

“Why the hell you all still haven’t seen my message? The due date is tomorrow!”

She sent the voice note to the group. She still had no idea why her groupmates always the same dudes when it was already the fourth semester. She should have changed the members now. But these riders were so comfortable with her. Why? Because from 100% of the group assignment, Dara would do at least 80% of them.

Screw the free-riders. She hoped they fall into the drain. Furiously, Dara put on her hoodie and packed up her laptop and things into the bag. She made sure that every window and door has been locked before walking away to go to the library. There were still two hours left before it’s close.

 

**

 

Thirty minutes left until the library close, but still, Dara hasn’t got any replies from her group, so she decided to just do the rest of their assignment all by herself. Dara was thinking if she should just put out the others’ names, but she didn’t want to make any foe. Not when she barely has someone to be called as a best friend.

Dara pulled the hoodie that have been covering her messy hair since the start she came into the library. It was suffocating, and it didn’t do any better that she had to do all of the work for the sake of her marks. Lucky that it was only paperwork and not a presentation. It could be worse if that’s the case. Frustrated, she continued to type the words on her laptop, feeling exhausted but she knew she needed to keep going.

“Ten minutes left before the library is closed. Please make sure you don’t leave any of your belongings behind.”

The librarian made the announcement from table to table to remind the students. All of the students started to pack up their things, including Dara. Her stomach has been grumbling for a while because she hasn’t eaten anything for that day. She was too occupied with the assignments that she forgot about her own stomach.

“Oh, isn’t that you, ATM girl?”

The familiar cheery voice greeted her happily. Dara didn’t have to turn around to find out who. She already knew that voice by her heart. Who wouldn’t anyway? He’s the leader, main guitarist and vocal of the band. They were famous not in just their university but also among students in their rival university. It was embarrassing that he remembered her because of the incident at ATM machine.

Dara tried to run away again, but the boy quickly pulled her hoodie to stop her.

“Hey, wait! You forgot your flask!”

Dara was too mortified of his presence that she didn’t hear him clearly. She forcefully pulled her hoodie and dashed away, leaving the boy confused with her silver flask in his hand.

“Someone you know, Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol shrugged, still frowning to the thing that he was holding. “No, but her reaction to me was somewhat interesting.”

Kai laughed, amused at his reply. “Maybe she’s shy.”

“She glared at me so hard this morning because I accidentally saw her banking information.”

Chanyeol ignored whatever Kai was saying after that. He looked down to the flask. There were so many random stickers attached to it. Chanyeol grinned when he saw his band name was there too. And then, there was a big ‘HELP’ in handwriting on its surface. He wondered if the word was just simply a word or that girl really needed some help.

 

**

 

“Oh my god, thank you so much, Dara! I was busy last night.”

No, you went clubbing with your boyfriend.

“Sorry, Dara-shi. My charger is broken so I could not use my phone.”

Lies. My messages were all delivered but you simply didn’t open it.

“Thank you, Dara! I actually have done some of it, but my little sister accidentally deleted it.”

Lies, lies, lies!

“Okay.” Dara smiled forcefully. “Please pay me back for the printing money.”

Of course, they had to pay her back. Dara barely had money in her purse. Paying for the printing made it even worse. Thankfully she already bought her stock of food so at least she could live for a few more days.

Her groupmates all nodded happily, obviously because their work has done without they even needed to do anything. If she was Merlin, she would already drop all of them to the ground or into the big drain behind their campus with magic.

Two years in university, she has met a lot of people. So many kinds, looks, attitudes and manners. She learned that she could never make anyone as one of her best friend. She did during the sophomore year, but it turned out that the friends only stick around for the sake of their mark.

Dara still remembered how everyone went to her to ask for answers, especially during English class which every student needs to pass. Everybody practically depended on her to give them answers and Dara didn’t even had time to focus or make her own quiz peacefully. How the hell these people got into the university anyway when they didn’t even have the will to study properly, instead waiting for other people to give them freely?

Not only that. Almost everyone she knew would talk badly about each other behind their back but then pretend to be close by showing off in their Instagram or Twitter. Why? Because either they have money or to ride on each other’s popularity, which was a dumb thing to do.

It felt like something heavy on her shoulders had disappeared the moment she handed in the assignment into the lecturer’s hands. Dara couldn’t wait to finish her studies there, but she was aware that to have a carrier soon also would not be easy. Maybe there would be much more people with these kinds of attitude she would have to meet. Would there be any memory she would be cherish while she was here? She had no idea. Dara didn’t really fancy going to any university’s events. The only exception if Chanyeol’s band would be there.

Biting her lip, Dara shook her head. You could say Chanyeol was her first crush that she has ever made a lot of effort to see him, but she never had any guts to talk to him. For him to see her being poor was not something she would want to be proud of. She always wonders if he would ever notice her if not because of that incident. Dara was among those girls who only watch him from afar, knowing he would never notice her.

 

**

 

Dara put the new sticker that she made by herself onto her laptop. ‘Chogiwa’ was the first word of Chanyeol’s part in their Wolf song. Everyone has been playfully calling him with that word.

“Hello, can I sit here?”

Dara quickly put her arms over her laptop, trying to cover the brand-new sticker that she just put. Although Chanyeol’s band was famous, she didn’t really want to show anybody that she was one of their fans. When Dara looked up, she found one of Chanyeol’s bandmate; Kai, waiting behind the chair next to her. She quickly looked around and there was actually a lot of empty seats in the library, but maybe he wanted to sit there to avoid a group of girls who were waving and calling his name. Dara noticed how Kai grimaced when his name was called, and he looked embarrassed, so Dara silently nodded, pulling some of her books that were scattered on the table back to her place.

“I know you think there’s a lot of seats, but I don’t think I could concentrate if I sit anywhere else. Everyone would start updating their Instagram’s story with a picture of me.” The tall boy with attractive dark skin said, as if he knew what she was thinking.

“Why do you sit here then?”

Kai shrugged. He could not say that he actually remembered her face when Chanyeol tried to call her to give back her flask. Nobody ever runs away from Chanyeol and his bandmates, except this particular girl.

“Because you’re not acting like them right now?” He asked back. Dara thought it was fair enough. But she hoped his band leader would not come here.

“Chogiwa?”

Dara quickly dropped some of her things onto her laptop, covering it after Kai said that word. She didn’t dare turn to him, especially when she knew how red her face right now. She didn’t want Kai to think that she was one of the girls who shamelessly calling out to him and act friendly. But Kai also didn’t drag it further, only grinned silently to himself before pulling out his MacBook and headphone and started working on whatever he was looking on the screen.

 

**

 

“I met your girl.”

Chanyeol spluttered on his drink, vigorously wiped his mouth with his sleeve. The last time he had someone to call as his girl, he couldn’t remember because he never had one. Although he and s had a lot of fans, specifically girls, he never paid them any attention. So, what were Kai talking about?

“What girl?” Sehun perked his ear. He was leaning comfortably on the sofa with a bass guitar on his lap.

“That flask’s owner.”

Chanyeol immediately inverted his eyes to the flask that he put next to his bag pack. He has been bringing it around the campus for days, but never had a chance to meet the owner. Chanyeol even made some efforts of washing it and fill the flask with water just to give it back to her.

“Her name is Sandara.”

“That’s a cute name. Bet the girl is.” Sehun grinned.

“She is.” Chanyeol nonchalantly answered, his eyes still lingering on the silver flask. He found out that the owner was actually into alternative and rock music based on the bands name stickers on it. The most amusing thing was there were scattered letters that spelled his name on it too, but it looked like she tried to not make it so obvious by not putting them properly.

“She even put a sticker of the first word of Wolf on her laptop,” Kai said again, which made Chanyeol’s eyes lit happily.

“What’s her name again?”

“Sandara.”

 

**

 

“What do you mean I’m going to be the stage manager?” Dara asked, her voice sounded annoyed although she tried her best not to show it. If she was brave enough, the hair of the boy in front of her should have been pulled right now.

Yugyeong sighed dramatically, his fingers pushed up his glasses back onto his nose, and it made Dara almost scream madly. “That’s what I mean, Park. You are going to be the stage manager for the night gala in next two weeks. I already informed Mrs. Yoo, so you’re going to do it whether you like it or not.” He didn’t forget to flash her a smile before disappearing behind the door of the class.

It’s the second year studying there but Dara still had no idea why she stayed and face all these madness. It was not even the course that she wanted to pursue. She only accepted it because she didn’t want to be left behind when all her friends already continue their studies. Event management hadn’t appeared in her personal list of career. Hell, she didn’t even know that kind of course existed in university.

She hated the marketing class, sponsorship class, exhibition class and almost everything that she studied there. She hated it. She didn’t find the pleasure of studying when she was there, which was why she never really tried to stand out from the rest of her classmates when they had to plan for an event of the university.

And now that she had to be a stage manager for the night gala, what a joke. Dara always put her name to be in technical or hospitality, so she didn’t have to stay with the crowds during the event. But now that Yugyeong already put her name to work behind the stage, she had to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter