Final

Movie Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The phone on her work table vibrates, indicating a message. 

 

From: My Bear 4:23 PM 

"Hyun, I should be there a little after 5. Wait for me, yes? I love you xoxo" 

 

Joohyun picked up her phone to see a message from her girlfriend, Seulgi. They had decided a few days ago to celebrate their 7th anniversary, which is today, to watch a movie and dine at their favorite restaurant. Something that they used to do back in their college days. Their past anniversaries were spent on out-of-town trips so they decided to go back to the simplicity of their celebration. After all, when they were still in college, movie and dinner dates were all they could afford with their student allowance. When they graduated and found stability in their career they did splurge on their celebrations. 

 

Joohyun smiled at the nostalgia and typed her reply.

 

To: My Bear 4:24 PM 

"Okay, Seul. See you and drive safely! I love you too."

 

After typing her reply, she went back to her work. Eager than before to finish it before her shift ends all because of the thought of her Seulgi. 

 

She managed to finish her work by the time and went to the bathroom to freshen up and prepare before Seulgi pick her up. 

 

From: My Bear 5:15 PM 

"Hyun, I'm here. I'll wait for you in the lobby."

 

The message read and prompt Joohyun to quickly finish up. After a few minutes, she went straight to the elevator down to the lobby. 

 

Seeing Seulgi's radiant smile directed at her made Joohyun feel warm. It's been 7 years but Seulgi's effect on her is just unfathomable. 

 

Joohyun hugged Seulgi once she reached her and felt Seulgi kissing her cheeks. They pulled away seconds later. 

 

"For you." Seulgi handed out the bouquet she's been hiding to Joohyun who looked awed at the beautiful arrangement. 

 

"Thank you, Seul. It's beautiful." Joohyun said as she sniffed and looked over the flowers. Seulgi then took hold of her hand. "Let's get going, Hyun? The movie will start at 6:30." Seulgi reminded and they started walking. 

 

They walked to Seulgi's car and went inside. Joohyun placed the bouquet and her bag at the back seat before fastening her seatbelt. 

 

They asked about each other's day and reminisced about their past anniversaries for the whole ride. They reached the mall a little over 6:20 PM which gave them ample time to buy snacks and settle in the cinema. 

 

After buying their snacks, they went inside the cinema and chose a seat in the upper part. There were a few patrons but not enough to fill the whole theater. Moments later, the movie began rolling. 

 

In the middle of the movie, Seulgi stood up and went to the bathroom after quickly consuming the soda they just bought.

 

Joohyun was getting into the movie so she paid no attention when Seulgi left. Seconds later, the movie that was playing suddenly went off and the emergency light that was usually left open during the movie went off as well. It was pitch black and Joohyun felt scared and started fumbling on her phone to call Seulgi but was soon relieved when the lights at the cinema went back. A staff appeared in front of the screen. 

 

"I'm sorry for the sudden interruption. The power supply was cut off but is back now. The movie will start playing in a while. Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding." The staff bowed and left. 

 

"Weird. This doesn't usually happen."Joohyun mumbled to herself. 

 

The movie started playing again and Seulgi came back just in time. 

 

"What took you so long, Seul? There was a sudden interruption just a while ago. I was about to call you, you know." Joohyun said to Seulgi after the latter sat down. 

 

"Sorry. The line at the bathroom was long that is why. The lights went off there, too." Seulgi replied and went back to watching.  

 

Joohyun looked at her weirdly. There are hardly any people here but there was a line at the bathroom? Did she went out of the cinema and used the mall's bathroom? Joohyun thought to herself but brushed it off. She will have to interrogate Seulgi for later. 

 

The movie resumed smoothly and Joohyun easily got lost to the movie again that she even leaned forward during the up until the credits started rolling out. When the lights of the cinema went back did she leaned back. "That was a good movie. Did you enjoy it, Seul?" she turned towards her girlfriend only to find the seat empty. 

 

"What the?" she mumbled. "I swear, this Kang Seulgi is up to something." she started fumbling on her phone and called Seulgi but the latter was not answering. She was about to call again when the lights went off and the screen abruptly turned black. Seconds later, the screen showed a large number 1. Joohyun pocketed her phone and stared at the screen.

 

An instrumental started playing through the speakers. Joohyun's ear perked when she recognized the tune. Candy by Red Velvet.

 

The large number 1 shown on the screen slowly fades away as a picture of a University was shown. She instantly recognized it as it is the one she and Seulgi graduated from. Soon, the screen was filled with the different parts of the University, the one she and Seulgi frequently go to and a picture of the cinema and the restaurant they went for their first date popped up too. A string of words appeared and read, "The beginning of many firsts." The pictures along with the words completely fade away and were replaced by a large number 2.

 

Joohyun was surprised when she saw herself at the screen, wearing her graduation gown and the brightest smile next to her parents. She remembered this picture as taken by her Seulgi. She graduated while Seulgi was still in her Second Year. The pictures that follow were of her and her little family celebrating her graduation at a restaurant. The pictures were all taken by Seulgi. "Those stills captured in a second and I knew I was the happiest when you're happy." Joohyun smiled to herself despite not understanding what was going on. 

 

The picture and the words faded again and was replaced by the large number 3. This time it showed a two, side-by-side picture of a sky. On the left, was taken from a rooftop and the right side was taken from a floor-to-ceiling glass window. She remembers this picture as the one she and Seulgi took from two different places. Hers was taken from the window of her office while Seulgi took hers when she's in the rooftop of her College Building. The two fought that day. They were starting to feel the impact of living in two different phases; one who was working and one who was still studying. Canceled dates and less talking for days were the occurrences during that time of their relationship but they did their best to make up within a day.

 

The picture of that sky will always remind Joohyun of their worst fight because it was the first time that they did not talk to each other for days. They just made up when Joohyun sent a picture of her viewpoint of the sky with the words "I miss you." which Seulgi replied with her picture of the sky taken from the rooftop saying, "I miss you too." In that instance, they knew that their fight had ended and the picture of the sky is a reminder that no matter where they are, they will always be under the same sky, sharing the same love. The words that captioned the picture is, "This day was the third time you reminded me of your love for the sky. Twas the time you also reminded me of your love." 

 

The music continued and the large number 4 appeared as the previous pictures and words faded. This time it was pictures of their first out-of-town trip as a couple. Seulgi is a new graduate and Joohyun decided to gift her an out-of-town trip as graduation and an anniversary present. It was one of their best days ever. The words for these pictures are, "These are keepsakes for our 4th year and my graduation and I swear these are just a bonus for I already got the best gift, and that was you." 

 

"This cheesy Kang" Joohyun mumbled to herself but a small grin plastered on her face. The pictures and the words faded again and the large number 5 appeared. The pictures were of their trip to Jeju and was planned by Seulgi as her gift to Joohyun and as her first spending using her hard-earned money. As usual, a string of words appeared. "The five-day trip in the paradise for the goddess that is you." Joohyun laughed at the words. This is so unusual of Seulgi because the latter is not the romantic type but there are still times that Seulgi would charm her through words and believe Joohyun when she said that it's rarer than the blue moon. Her bear is more on action, giving presents rather than words.

 

The large number 6 replaced the pictures and the words. The pictures that appeared was of their shared apartment. They decided to move in after 6 years into the relationship. Seulgi thought that it's just a normal out-of-town trip for their anniversary but she didn't know that Joohyun would ask her to move in with the latter. 

 

After that short trip, they spent their days settling into their shared apartment that was bought by Joohyun. Seulgi decided that she will buy the furniture and other necessities for her fair share. Of course, there were misunderstandings at first and that's normal because they were still adjusting but they were able to overcome those and learned how to adjust to the other person's living arrangements. A short video played after the picture of their apartment and the music's volume was lowered but still can be heard. It was the video taken by Seulgi when Joohyun was having a hard time reaching the cupboard of their kitchen. Seulgi was laughing behind the camera while Joohyun kept on putting things at the cupboard while complaining about the cupboard that's not right for her height. 

 

The video continued with Seulgi, still recording, walking towards Joohyun to help her.  The camera was put down at the counter, showing the small table of the kitchen and Seulgi's body was slightly shown. After helping Joohyun, she grabbed and turned the camera towards Joohyun and laughed again making the latter hit her. The video stopped and a caption followed. "Moving forward with you after 6 years." 

 

Lastly, a large number of 7 appeared. Only this time, there were no pictures or videos shown. The large number 7 stayed still as a caption underneath it appeared and read years and still stuck on you. She then realized that the song was ending and noticed that the patrons she and Seulgi spotted before the movie was still there. This made Joohyun blushed because of the thought that she's not the only one watching.

 

She got hold of her phone again to call Seulgi because she was so embarrassed but was halted when the song ended and cues another mus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter