Artistic Endeavors

Thursday Afternoons

It was a bright, Thursday afternoon. From the third-story art room window, Reita watched his teammates play a friendly game of soccer in the field, his friends laying on the grass and basking in the afternoon sun, and some pretty girls giggling and gossiping under the huge trees. The birds were even chirping. It was so annoyingly picturesque that Reita was expecting everyone to suddenly burst into a song-and-dance number.

"I thought your stupid art thing was only M-W-F," Reita muttered, taking his eyes off the view. He wanted so badly to go outside and play, but Ruki insisted that he must "answer the sweet, beckoning call of his muse immediately". Ruki's words, not his.

"No one's asking you to stay, Reita," Ruki shrugged, setting up his easel and canvas carefully in front of a drape-covered chalkboard, his eyes more intense with creativity than usual. "Go! Frolic with your little friends! Away with you!" He waved his hands dramatically.

"...Yeah, I don't know what 'frolic' means, but it sounds way better than being stuck here," Reita muttered as Ruki continued with his strange gesturing, only this time he had a handful of paint brushes. "Has anyone told you what a strange little weirdo you are?"

"Please, that's the best thing about me," Ruki snorted. " People secretly like my brand of artistry. I think it makes them come back for more." He sweeped his brushes across Reita's nose, making his friend sneeze.

Reita wiped his nose. "Was that theory ever proven?"

"You're still here, aren't you?" Ruki winked slyly at him. Reita sputtered indignantly, but his face flashed interesting shades of red. But before he could embarrass himself, the door of the art room slid open. A tall, lithe boy went in, whom Reita recognized was a senior.

"Ah, we have an audience, Taka?" The boy openly checked out Reita, his eyes roving up and down his body appreciatively. Reita shuddered. 

"Just in time, Aoi-senpai. That's Reita, by the way," Ruki said offhandedly, opening his pots of paint and setting them up. "You can just stand there where I can see you." Aoi gave Reita a wink, before walking towards the center of the room.

Then, to Reita's horror, Aoi started stripping off his clothes.

"WoahwoahWOAH! What the hell do you think you're doing??!" His eyes became wide and frantic as he looked at Aoi's bare chest, but Ruki only looked at him puzzled. Aoi was only amused.

"I'm taking my clothes off, Rei-rei, what does it look like?" Aoi purred at him. Reita's mouth was agape with disbelief, and he started sputtering again. Ruki sighed impatiently.

"My muse clearly said to me to try doing artistic paintings. I need the model to be , Reita," Ruki frowned, ignoring his friend's scandalized face. "I don't know what's wrong with you. Aoi-senpai here has a really nice body." Aoi pretended to blush before stepping out of his pants.

"I don't even want to know how you know that," Reita placed his fingers on his throbbing temples. "I'm so not staying here anymore Ru, I'm out. See ya around senpai." He raised a hand as a good bye. Just as he turned towards the door, it suddenly opened again, and in comes a taller blonde guy.

"Oi, Akira! You're missing a totally hot game righ--" Kouyou's voice trailed off when he saw Aoi right in the middle of taking his underwear off. He looked blankly at the three. "Sorry to bother you all," was all he said before running back outside, shutting the door hurriedly. Reita was rooted on the spot

"KOU WAIT UP, IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK!" Reita ran after him when he came to, horrified at what his best friend might have thought. Ruki and Aoi stared at the spot where Reita was before turning back to their task.

"That tall blonde was hot," Aoi smirked. "Introduce me, Taka."

"He's Reita's friend, dunno who he is," Ruki shrugged as he mixed his paints onto the pallete. "Turn to your right, senpai, and stretch out your neck. That's it~"

Ruki's and Aoi's afternoon went by calmly and productively after that.