I.

Expecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MMXXXV

 

This is what Kim Jiwon knows. He noticed it this afternoon. He just got home from another recording session with iKON (they're recording their newest comeback), went straight to take a quick shower, had a few minutes nap, then was woken up by a cute loud squeal. He went down the kitchen and saw his wife and their kids, all still gear up with their winter clothes, obviously just got home from grocery shopping.

 

"Appa!" Jieun excitedly shouted upon seeing him and frenziedly ran towards him so he quickly pick her up, making her giggle.

 

"What did you buy? Chocolates again for my baby?" he asked and gently pinched Jieun's cheeks who pouted as she shook her head.

 

"Omma said no," Jieun cutely said and Jiwon just laughed at her daughter.

 

"It'll make you lose your teeth, Jieun-ah," Hayi said as she starts to arrange their groceries on the cupboard. Bobby nodded and noticed Haneul who was staring at Hayi.

 

"Hey buddy, everything okay?" Bobby asked, Haneul jolted, obviously surprised.

 

"Huh? Uh... Yeah, everything's fine, Appa. I'll just go to my room," he added and excused himself, quickly going upstairs.

 

"Appa, Pororo?" Jieun asked, obviously asking if she could watch her favorite cartoons. Jiwon nodded and followed Haneul to the kids' bedroom. 

 

Bobby saw Haneul sitting by his bed, spacing out and staring at nowhere. He set up the projector and linked it to his laptop, searching for all those Pororo episodes Hayi saved. Jieun excitedly sat on the carpeted floor when the opening song starts to play.

 

"Haneul-ah, wanna talk to appa?" Bobby asked, sitting beside his son who again seemed surprised. 

 

"Huh? It's nothing," Haneul answered but Bobby stared at him as if telling him to just tell him whatever it is. "Omma seems weird," he whispered but Bobby could still hear it over the loud voice of Crong who was just saying his name over and over. 

 

"Weird? Your omma?"

 

"Its nothing, Appa." Haneul stood up and sat beside Jieun who was laughing at some crazy antics Crong was doing. Bobby sighed and went near his kids, shuffling Haneul's hair and kissing Jieun on the top of her head. Haneul can really be hard to read and understand sometimes. 

 

He went down to the kitchen and saw Hayi glaring at the cupboards, making him laugh. Hayi quickly turned by the sound and directed his glare at him. 

 

"Woah, what's happening?" 

 

"This stupid cupboard won't close," she said, obviously annoyed. 

 

"Here, let me," Bobby said, coming over and trying to close the cabinet but it was obviously full so it won't. 

 

"See? Ugh it's so annoying," Hayi stated, huffing and even pouting, Bobby couldn't help but laugh. "What's funny?" she asked, raising one of her brows. Oh oh, trouble. 

 

"Nothing. How about I remove some of this groceries so this cabinet will close?" he suggested but Hayi glared at him. 

 

"No! Are you stupid? All these groceries are put here." Hayi even crossed her arms, making her look intimidating, the way she puff her cheeks and crinkled her nose. Cute. 

 

"Okay, how about I re-arrange these so it would fit and close?" he again suggested and Hayi reluctantly nodded. And after some shuffling, Bobby finally closed the said cupboard. "Done!" he said, smiling at his wife who rolled her eyes. 

 

"Why so grumpy, Hi? Time of the month?" he playfully asked, wrapping his arms around her. She wrinkled her nose in such a cute way and pushed him away. 

 

"You stinks," she said, covering her nose, making Bobby confused. He raise his arms and even smelled his armpits. Nope, he doesn't stink. 

 

"I just showered, Hi," he said and shrugged his shoulders. He spread out his arms to hug her again but she glared at him. 

 

"No. Take a bath first," she said and went to their room, leaving Bobby alone. 

 

"Oh come on. Hayi!" he shouted, running after her who sadly, locked their room, making him retreat to the kids' room. 

 

"You're right, Haneul-ah," he said, sitting beside his son who was reading The Little Prince aloud  to Jieun sitting on his lap, blinking her eyes rapidly, as if fighting the sleepiness she's feeling. Huh, Jieun grew bored of Pororo much quicker this time. "Your omma is being weird." Haneul just nodded and continued reading. 

 

 

This is what Kim Haneul knows. His mother is really being weird. She's always been so kind and cool. His friends would even say that his mom is the coolest because she let's him play outside after school. She's not like all those moms who would embrace and kiss their kids and be totally embarrassing. No, she would just pat his head and wave her hand whenever she drops him off to school. 

 

But now, she was totally weird. How? Haneul just caught her mom eating a toast. Normal? Maybe. But she put ice cream on it. She even offered him one and got angry when he said no so he ate one and doesn't even know how his stomach survived. 

 

A distant memory of his mother eating fried chicken dipped in ice cream popped in his head and he cringed. He remembered because there was even a picture of it, with him eating it with his mom. It was before Jieun. Huh. 

 

 

This is what Kim Jieun knows. Her mom loves sleeping at afternoons. Jieun loves it when her omma lay on bed with her, humming songs and patting her back until they both fall asleep. She also find out that omma loves ice creams and she even gave Jieun some, they just have to keep it a secret from appa. Oh. And her omma also have ouchie in her stomach. She saw her quickly run to the restroom and looks so pale and sick. Jieun cried when she followed her mom but her omma just smiled and wiped Jieun's tears. 

 

"Omma hurt?" Jieun asked, her lips quivering. Her appa and oppa isn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter