Baby has a fever

Baby has a fever

Yunho had a fever, his throat hurt, his head was on fire, but the next day he swore he's okay and perfectly capable of doing the variety show with Changmin. It's probably just cold. I had to catch it on the airplane. Changmin didn't worry at all; he knew that Yunho is not alright, and that was a statement. Yunho was older and should've been more responsible as the leader of the band. But after all, it didn't matter because forcing Yunho to do something was the same as aksing China to give up on Tibet. Nothing, absolutely nothing worked on Yunho.

At least he tried to camouflage his poor health by looking good.

"The years I've spent with you left only two brain cells in my head, hyung," Changmin eyed him, "how do you work from nothing to everything?"

"I wish I could understand what did you just say." Yunho put his palm on his forehead, trying his body temperature.

"Let me!" Changmin offered, stretching out his hand.

"No! I am fine!" Yunho insisted and walked into the building with their manager following.

"What?" he looked at the older man who only shrugged and opened the door for Changmin.

"Really?"

"Look, Min-ah!" Yunho pointed at a big cartoon mascot of the tv station. It was a blue rabbit named Ricco. It was not a big deal for Yunho to pose and took three more photos after the first set. Then he dragged Changmin to himself to take a selfie.

"Look that way!" Changmin pointed his finger to a dull brown wall.

Betrayed. Yunho felt horrible and tricked by his beloved dongsaeng. No amount of black coffee would re-pay this act. Changmin pointed at a blank place only to smoothly place his hand on Yunho's forehead to check on his fever.

"Rude!" Yunho slapped his arm away, "don't you trust me?!"

"No."

Yunho gasped in shock.

"You're clearly not alright. You're warm."

"If I weren't warm, I'd been dead." Yunho deadpanned at him. He even placed a hand on his side to look more y as Changmin called it.

There was no arguing about what to do. Changmin knew he has no choice but follow Yunho to the very pit of hell and suffer with him while recording the show. He could only imagine what will happen. Sometimes Yunho looked odd for his fans. They had no idea what is happening to their beloved singer. He was straightforward, weird, funny, and said things nobody understood. It was simply because of Yunho's poor health. Instead of resting, he pushed himself too much, and since he didn't want to disappoint anyone, he never rejected any opportunity.

"Alright. So, since you're alive, what about going to the studio and take a seat? Wait for me there."

"Why? Where are you going?" Yunho looked at him, alarmed.

"Take a leek." Changmin sighed, "I'll be back soon. You need to sit down and ask them for water! I'll be back soon!" he called loudly.

Yunho looked at their manager, "what's the number of the studio?"

"Seven."

Yunho nodded at that and looked around to find navigation. The small white arrow clearly said: narrow. So Yunho went that way with his manager in his heels. But then somewhat, he got confused and stopped at the crossroad.

"Can you get me water, please?" Yunho asked, showing the man wending machine.

"No prob."

Well, for Yunho it was a colossal problem because suddenly he didn't know which way to go. The symbol was telling him to the left, so Yunho went left, but there was no studio seven anywhere. Maybe he got hallucinations. Was it seven or seventeen? Because there was a studio seventeen right in front of him. How many studios the goddam station had? Yunho rubbed his forehead in frustration. He wasn't warm; he was on fire.

Seventeen was better than nothing.

Yunho tried his luck, not considering the option to call manger or Changmin.

He greeted the person in the studio. Nobody understood what is he doing there. The PA looked at him, confused. Excuse me?! The young man called after Yunho how walked inside like owning the place. Somewhat it felt strange. He should've known better than coming with fever. God laughed at him; God always knew and played with him the puppet theatre. Seventeen or eighteen years ago, he met Jaejoong on the street because Yunho took a wrong turn and got lost. Today, after the same amount of year, he met Jaejoong again only because he took a wrong turn! Was meeting Jaejoong also wrong?

"Hey." Yunho said, his face red and hot, "Jaejoong."

The older man looked at him in pure astonishment. These two big doe eyes stared at him as if Yunho was made of diamond and was glistering in the spotlights.

"Are you a hallucination?" Yunho asked and poked his own cheek.

There was no answer, and Yunho almost forgot about all the people around and that he got lost and found Jaejoong again. He was so beautiful with his ashy blond hair and that smile and brown eyes like honey.

"No." the reply came hurried and raspy as if Jaejoong lost his voice for a moment.

"You sure?"

"Sure." Jaejoong poked his cheek only for a second, but it made Yunho giggle. Real.

"I missed you." Yunho sniffed, "I missed you so much." He opened his arms and threw them around Jaejoong's neck. "I missed you."

Surroundings, people, cameras, managers, even Changmin, everything was irrelevant at that moment when Jaejoong hugged him back. How nice it was to be able to embrace his huggyman again. Yunho has never felt better than when hugging Jaejoong. It didn't matter how or when, as long as it was Jaejoong. A terrible choice he made on the crossroad, but he found something precious.

"You said you'd call me, and you didn't." Yunho complied, "at the ROKA festival, you said you'd call me."

"I did." Jaejoong replied, "we texted each other, Yunho."

"No." he pouted, and his pout only deepened when Jaejoong's palm covered his forehead.

"Where's Changmin?"

"Don't know."

"Don't be like that, Yunho."

"No."

"Stop acting like a brat! Where's Changmin?"

"He had to pee." Yunho whispered it like a secret, "shush."

"Alright, let's call him. It seems like you have a high fever, and also, you got lost."

Yunho watched Jaejoong as he pulled out his phone and unlocked it. He frowned and stretched out his neck so he could see the screen, but Jaejoong gave him a look and moved his hands away.

"Where's your manager?"

"Getting me water." Yunho said proudly, "I'm sick, so Changmin said I should go to studio seven and take a seat and ask the staff for water, but I told our manager to get me some water from the wending machine. I have aspirin in my pocket."

Jaejoong put his phone to his ear, massaging his forehead patiently. Changmin wasn't picking up his phone, but Yunho began to be clingy and touchy right in front of the television staff.

"I'll take you to lunch tomorrow." Yunho suggested, "alright? Say, yes."

"Yun—"

"I'm here!" Changmin called when Jaejoong tried to call him the second time.

"How is it even possible we're at the same station?" Jaejoong asked the two men. Yunho was giggling and shrugging while Changmin only threw his arms in the air.

"Manager is waiting for us, hyung, come on."

"He's sick, Changmin."

"I know he's sick!" the younger man retorted, "I have eyes!"

"Seems like they don't work well recently, or else you wouldn't allow him to come today!"

"Well, I'm sorry that I'm not that y as you to lock him in his bedroom. We have a responsibility, and he knows better than anyone—"

"I'm not y!" Jaejoong hissed, "I'm concerned."

"No, you live in a whole another universe, hyung."

"Oh my…" Jaejoong sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Are you two fighting?" Yunho asked, his voice small, "because of me?" he pointed at himself. "don't fight for me, please."

"Don't worry," Jaejoong smiled at him, "we're not fighting."

"Let's go hyung."

"But—"

"Hyung."

"Jaejoong didn't say yes."

Both of the men looked at Jaejoong, who was visibly shaking from all of the emotions. His eyes were distant, even when he was looking at Yunho. There was an attempt, a possible confession, but all of it disappeared behind the cold wall of Jaejoong's mask.

"I'm not going anywhere until he says yes."

"Say, yes." Changmin insisted, "goddammit hyung, the cameras are on! Look at these people!"

"I know all of that." Jaejoong snapped, "what do you think?" he felt like fainting and never waking up again.

"I want to eat katsudon with Jaejoong." Yunho wrapped his hands around Changmin's shoulder, "please."

"He has to work now, hyung. But tomorrow, if you're feeling better, Jaejoong will call and cook you katsudon, alright?"

"Fine." Yunho giggled, "thank you."

Not that Jaejoong said yes.

"Alright, we got it!" yelled the director, "we're done."

"Done with what?" Jaejoong looked around in confusion, "with what?!"

"The meeting of the century, of course!"

Meeting of the…

"Katsudon!" Yunho yelled from the hallway. His voice echoed and bounced back to Jaejoong like karma.