Prologue

Love the Way You Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
After finished his dinner, Kim Taehyung has an unexpected guest. A stranger with a black suit suddenly knocked on his apartment door and greeted him graciously. He was a middle aged man who appeared neat and pretigious in Taehyung's eyes. He have a firm but kind look, his voice was deep and Taehyung could tell that he was a professional employee from his strapping gesture.  "Um-- Can I help you, Sir?" said Taehyung while adjusting his square glasses. He was looking confused and nervous at once. The man before him was staring at him with a calm smile that never left his wrinkled face.  "Kim Taehyung-sii? Am I right?" The stranger asked while slightly raising an eyebrow.  Taehyung nodded his head hesitantly. "Y-yes."  The man smiled even wider after he had heard Taehyung's approval. He suddenly bowed at the younger and it has made Taehyung widened his eyes in shock. "It's an honor to meet you, Young Master!"  "Wh-what?" Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows and looked more confused. "What do you mean to say? And more importantly, who are you?" The man raised his head and smiled at Taehyung. "Forgive me for the late introduction. My name is Ahn Sukhwan. You can call me Secretary Ahn. I'm an assistant of your grandfather, Kim Youngcheol." He said while handing Taehyung his name card.  "Huh?" Taehyung took the name card and made a confuse look. "I'm sorry, but you said that infamous rich man Kim Youngcheol is my grandfather? Did I misheard?"  Mr. Ahn then laughed before he politely asked a permission to get in the apartment. "Shall we talk inside? I think, we can't talk about this matter freely, especially in front of your apartment door."  Taehyung snapped back and decided to let the man entered his small apartment though he was still feeling baffled and curious. "Ah, my bad. Please, come in!" Mr. Ahn smiled and politely walked inside. As they were arrived in the living room, Taehyung let Mr. Ahn to sit in one of the sofa and then asked. "What do you want for a drink, Sir?" "No need to bother. I just need to talk to you regarding the matter. So, please have a sit and relax!" said Mr. Ahn with a smile and made Taehyung awkwardly sat down right in front of Mr. Ahn. Seeing Taehyung kept silent while looking awkward, Mr. Ahn decided to start the conversation. "Well, I'll straight to the point. You are Kim Taehyung, son of Kim Seungwoo, right?"  Taehyung nodded repeatedly and Mr. Ahn silently breathed out. "It appears that your father haven't told you anything right before he died."  "Is there something that I should have known?" Taehyung asked while raising an eyebrow.  Mr. Ahn smiled and nodded. He pulled out a photo from his bag and showed it to Taehyung. At first glance, Taehyung could able to recognize his father. Eventhough the photo was old and almost fade by the time, but Taehyung was sure that it was his father though he looked younger than he  used to remember. "This is a family photo that took over 25 years ago. Your father is the only son and heir of Kim Youngcheol. But, unfortunately he was being kicked out by your grandfather because he had insisted on marrying your mother, Kim Namjoo."  Taehyung went speechless for a while, as he tried to remember when his father ever told him about his past story. "I've known that my father had beeen kicked out from his original family, but I never knew that family is actually Kim Youngcheol."  "I know it must be a surprise for you, but I'm here not only to tell you about the past." Mr. Ahn smiled at Taehyung and he noticed the tension in Taehyung's face. "The reason why I call you young master before, it's because you're going to replace your father as the next heir, Taehyung-sii." Taehyung looked startled. His mouth was slightly open. He never expected that this day would happened in his life. So, he would felt confused and troubled to answer.  Meanwhile, Mr. Ahn made an understandable face after seeing Taehyung's reaction. He was already checking on Taehyung's background before he met him. He even have some documents that filled with Taehyung's information. From his daily activity until his personality. According to the people around Taehyung, the young man always called as an ideal son in law or husband. Never smoke, drink or fool around. He has always showed everyone his good attitude. Although his appearance looked geeky and plain, but Mr. Ahn could tell that Taehyung actually got a perfect face just like his father. Unfortunately, Taehyung seemed not aware of it yet since he looked comfortable in a plain clothes and thick glasses.  While Taehyung haven't said anything yet, Mr. Ahn began to feel worried. He was directly asked by the chairman to persuade his grandson to be an heir as his last wish. But, it looked like that it wasn't going easy as he though. "I really hope you won't make any objection against this or your grandfather might be the one facing you. You sure not knowing him enough, but I wish you can understand him. He's not in very good condition right now and I don't want to see him live in repentance anymore." Taehyung didn't say anything as he lowered his gaze. He was deep in thought. Repentance. What kind of repentance that Mr. Ahn mean? He was very confuse and wanted to reject the offer. He couldn't be an heir or rather he didn't want the position. He was happy to become just the way he is now. "...Honestly, I' still can't give you the right answer. I- I need times." said Taehyung in despair.  "I understand." Mr. Ahn smiled. "Less than 3 months. I will give you times to think until then. To be honest, there's no time, Taehyung-sii. Chairman Kim really needs you. But, I understand your situation. Even you can't answer it yet, but at least I wish you can meet him before he died."  Taehyung looked up and stared at Mr. Ahn's eyes in guilty. He wasn't expecting the man that was actually his grandfather to be died. He wasn't angry nor hate him because his grandfather was neglecting his family after all this time. He was just want to live as he want, not to be controlled or depend on anyone. But, since he have such a benevolent heart, Taehyung started to feel guilty if he rejected his last wish. Mr. Ahn suddenly pulled out an old letter from his bag and handed it to Taehyung. "It's a letter that was written by the Chairman to your father. It was supposed to be send to him several years ago, but ever since Chairman knew about the accident, he decided to keep it. Now, he want to give it to you."  Taehyung was only stared at the letter at first before he finally took it. He faced Mr. Ahn and slightly smiled. "I'll save it for now."  Mr. Ahn smiled. "I can understand that it's all happened so sudden and confused you. But, if you need anything, please contact me."   

 

Belle âme Club, a solace place that was located in Gangnam. Belle means beautiful, while âme means sou
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter