Maybe I Will

Maybe I Will

(XXX) XXX-XXXX

call me sometime ~SinB

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Yerin smiled dumbly at her phone, but the voice in the back of her head was worried. Did SinB catch her staring at her while she was working? Could SinB tell that Yerin was admiring her beauty?

"Stupid Yerin, even if she did, it clearly didn't turn her away," Yerin whispered to herself as she began typing a response to SinB. After sending the text, she continued her way home.

Yerin opened the door of her apartment and practically bolted to her roommate's door.

"Sowon! Sowon! You won't believe what happened!" Yerin yelled while banging on Sowon's door.

"Yerin, I swear if you break my door AGAIN I'm going to drop kick you into next week!" Sowon yelled back as she opened her door.

Coming face-to-face with a fuming Sowon was never fun, but Yerin was in too good of a mood to be bothered. She was bursting with energy, jumping back and forth on her feet. Sowon stared at her clearly puzzled by Yerin's behavior.

"What is wrong with you?" Sowon asked. Yerin giggled before answering.

"You know that bet I lost?" Sowon nodded in response to the question.

"I went to that popular tattoo shop to get th-"

"You actually got a tattoo?! I was JOKING!" Sowon screamed as she grabbed Yerin by the shoulders and shook her violently.

"THAT HURTS!" Yerin screamed back. Sowon immediately released Yerin from her grasp.

"You IDIOT!"

"You told me to do it!"

"Could you not tell I was joking!?"

"Your serious face and joking face are the same!"

"Oh my god," Sowon facepalmed and groaned before directing her attention back to Yerin.

"Okay... what happened?" Sowon asked, her voice much calmer than it was before.

Yerin began her story. She mentioned everything. From the cold impression she first got from SinB to the photographs on the wall.

"And she asked what I wanted so I said a duck and-"

"YOU GOT A DUCK TATTOOED ON YOUR BODY!? Just... just show me already," Yerin tugged the sleeve of her dress down so Sowon could see the newly added tattoo.

"I guess it's not the worst thing in the world..." Sowon commented as she looked at the cute design.

"ANYWAY," Yerin began loudly to get Sowon's attention away from her tattoo.

After finishing her story Sowon smirked at Yerin.

"I know you, even if it was a dare you wouldn't do it, you hate anything close to needles. So, how hot was the tattoo artist?" Yerin turned bright pink hearing Sowon's question, more like accusation.

"You think some girl could make me stay there, HA, yea right," Yerin tried to play it off but Sowon's smirk didn't fade.

"Did you totally ignore that you called her 'the hot tattoo artist' during your story?"

"I did!? Curse my mouth!"

"So, what part did you leave out?"

"Well... she might've... texted me... telling me to... call her," Yerin mumbled with her head down and her cheeks flushed pink.

"You really want me to believe that you managed to not creep out this girl? I'm sure you were staring at her,"

"I'm serious! We're going to a movie tomorrow!" Yerin shouted in defense before her eyes widened comically.

"Oh my god! Yerin, you really managed to score a date with this girl that quickly? She must have a soft spot for weirdos," Sowon said with a chuckle.

Yerin unconsciously pouted before stomping her way out of Sowon's room.

"Have fun tomorrow! Invite me to the wedding!" Sowon yelled as she laughed hysterically. Yerin ran back into the doorway of Sowon's room and stuck her tongue out before bolting to her room.

"HEY! GET BACK HERE, YOU DISRESPECTFUL CHILD!"

Needless to say, the rest of the day was spent hiding from Sowon.

Yerin woke up especially early the next day. She was beaming with the thought of seeing SinB again, even though it's only been a day since she met her.

After taking a shower, Yerin began to search for the perfect outfit. She threw many items of clothing onto the floor before deciding to call for backup.

"Sowon!"

"What do you want!?"

"I need HEEEEEELP!"

Sowon opened Yerin's door only to be greeted with a sweater to the face. She yanked the yellow sweater off and was surprised to see Yerin's clothes scattered around her room.

"AT LEAST PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!" Sowon yelled as she turned away and shielded her eyes.

"Like you haven't seen me in my bra and underwear before. Now help me find an outfit,"

After modeling several outfits, Yerin and Sowon agreed on a simple black top and some jeans, Sowon's reasoning being that it's simple and cute, also mentioning something about "if that girl doesn't appreciate a simple outfit she can sit on Eunha's cactus". Before putting on her outfit, Sowon helped Yerin apply a new bandage over her tattoo.

Yerin finished up her morning routine, although she spent some extra time on her hair. As she was preparing to leave, Sowon went over the mother's checklist.

"Do you have your wallet?"

"Yes,"

"Do you have your phone?"

"... yes,"

"Do you have-"

"YES, I HAVE EVERYTHING, BYE!" Yerin shouted and scurried out the door. Her phone buzzed in her pocket. Yerin looked at the lock screen and smiled at the name she saw. After typing a quick confirmation to SinB that she was on her way, she continued her journey to the movie theater.

After arriving at the theater, Yerin pulled her phone back out and clicked on SinB's contact. She listened to the dial tone as she waited for SinB to pick up.

"Hey, Yerin!"

"Hey! Are you almost here?"

"Look behind you~"

SinB hung up and Yerin turned around to see the tattoo artist waving at her from a few feet away.

"Did you wait long?" SinB asked as she got closer to Yerin, who shook her head.

"I just got here actually," Yerin looked at SinB's outfit. The plain white shirt, the cute overalls, and the minimal makeup had a very different vibe than Yerin experienced in the tattoo shop.

"I think I like your style today more than yesterday," Yerin said honestly as she led SinB towards the theater doors.

"Really? I figured with how you were staring at me yesterday you preferred the bad girl style," SinB said with a laugh. Yerin laughed along with her.

"Ah... you did notice that," Yerin scratched the back of her head in slight embarrassment. SinB laughed again as she saw Yerin's nervous cues.

As they continued their conversation, they began browsing the available showings and, as per Yerin's request, settled on some animated film that was out.

Following the movie, Yerin and SinB exited the theater holding hands.

"That was so cute!" SinB said excitedly as she walked with a slight hop in her step.

"Of course, I pick the best movies," Yerin said as she playfully flipped her hair with her free hand. They wandered aimlessly around the town for a few hours, just enjoying each other's company.

To both of their dismay, the time came for SinB to head to work. Yerin decided to walk her there, her reasoning being "Time went by too fast!"

"I'll see you later, Yerin~," SinB said as she let Yerin's hand go and walked into the shop.

"Bye! I'll call you later!" Yerin replied before heading back to her apartment.

A few months and many mini 'dates' later, Yerin finally worked up the courage to ask SinB to officially be her girlfriend. SinB responded in her usual joking fashion.

"Maybe I will,"