First Encounter

Beneath Her Smiling Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“One grande dark mocha frappuccino for Yujin!”

A tall, willowy woman walked to the counter to pick up her order. Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, she flashed her best smile to the handsome barista who was calling her attention.

“Yes, I’m Yujin. What’s your name,” the woman asked. 

“My name is Do Kyungsoo, and I am not interested in a relationship right now, sorry Yujin,” the barista replied. The customer left the counter in a huff, feeling disappointed and embarrassed. 

Kyungsoo snickered as he prepared the ingredients for the next batch of orders. He can’t deny that the female customer was pretty and charming but based on his observations, she’s only a high school student. It was pretty obvious with the second-grade textbooks that she was carrying when she entered the coffee shop. He didn’t want to break a high school girl’s heart by saying that she’s too young for him so he did his best to be as polite but straight-forward as possible. 

Kyungsoo glanced at the time before he busied himself in calculating the number of orders he handled for the day. He needs to go home since he has a lot of assignments to accomplish. 

Although he has graduated from college a year ago, he decided that Civil Engineering is not a career path worth pursuing. He ditched his board exam review sessions and his board exams altogether and started working at a vintage coffee shop in downtown Seoul. 

Kyungsoo knows that he wouldn’t work as a coffee barista forever so he decided to take up courses in business management. He’s not yet sure of what he wants in life but for now, he enjoys interacting with customers, crafting drinks, and cooking in his spare time. 

“Hey Kyungsoo, can you give me 10 more minutes of your time,” Park Chanyeol, his best friend on the job, requested.

“Why, I’m clocking out in a while,” Kyungsoo asked. 

“I need to take this emergency call, I’m gonna have another screaming match with my dad,” Chanyeol replied, sticking out his tongue in a gagging manner.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “Again? But you had a screaming match with your dad last week,” he said.

Chanyeol shrugged as he covered his phone with his right hand. “Be careful, my dad can hear you,” he said. Their conversation was cut short when they heard Chanyeol’s dad call his attention. 

“I’ll make it up to you, man,” Chanyeol promised, shooting Kyungsoo an apologetic glance as he went out.

Kyungsoo shook his head as he took another order. He’s relieved that there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter