Head Pat

Head Patting

Super Junior and crews were having a long day today. The ninth album jacket photo session ended successfully and they were celebrating in joy. After getting their photos taken by professionals, now it's their time to have fun and do selcas or smaller group photos with their own phones. It's a pity they cannot share this moment to the fans yet, but they're willing to wait after the officials shared the teasers.

Kyuhyun smiled proudly. Now that he took drastic measure to color his hair in calm blue (not yet sapphire like Leeteuk's), he was also the one who cannot wait for their fans reaction. As the last member who enlisted, he had rights to claim the majority of their fans attention, for this album would be his first comeback with Super Junior (the solos released before this comeback didn't count). Well, maybe he can share those attentions with Ryeowook, but he had his own share through One More Time promotions back then.

Talk about Ryeowook, he was back being a blonde. It was a nice change, especially when he secretly told Kyuhyun that he feels like he looks more mature in blond. Little did he know that having a curly, soft permed blond hair did nothing to upgrade his baby face nor age. But Kyuhyun won’t tell any of these thoughts because a confident Ryeowook is the most endearing Ryeowook for him. He likes it when Ryeowook's hair is curly and fluffy. But as mischievous as he is, Kyuhyun couldn’t wait to have his hand on them and ruin the fluffiness.

“Kyuhyun, have a selca with me.” Ryeowook asked—or ordering—him from afar after he got himself some photos with his hyungs. He really was like Yesung’s own little brother, camera loving and all. Kyuhyun can’t complain though.

Kyuhyun didn't have any intention to reject that order, so he walked closer to Ryeowook and the shorter man positioned his phone to take some photos. They took some decent photos to emphasis their friendship, decent enough to not letting any romantic clues for Ryeowook to realize his feelings even though their hyungs already know his intent. Well, Kyuhyun can’t do anything to minimize the love-struck in his eyes though.

This moment is, by far, the closest he could have today. By standing this close to his crush, even with hints of sweat on Ryeowook’s neck, Kyuhyun could smell the nice aroma permeated from him. It smells nice, masculine yet fresh. He could tell that Ryeowook is experimenting with brand new cologne even though their fans can’t smell this on their jacket photos later. Their makeup artists won’t bother spraying cologne in a photo session, so it must be Ryeowook himself. Small things like this, Kyuhyun noticed, is what makes him fall even harder for the older man.

“Did you tell your hairdresser to make your hair fluffy like sheep’s?” He asked the smaller man while running his fingers on top Ryeowook’s hair and ruined their hairdresser’s effort. Hey, the photo session had ended and he could do anything he wanted before going back to dorms. Kyuhyun couldn’t stop himself for starting a bicker, as this is their natural way to communicate with each other.

“Stop ruining my hair, Cho Kyuhyun.” Ryeowook warned, but Kyuhyun did nothing to cease his ministration. He finally slapped Kyuhyun’s hand away. “My head is small so having a permed hair balanced my proportion, and it doesn’t look like sheep.”

“Fine. It looks good on you. I like it.” Kyuhyun retreated and smiled. Ryeowook feels his cheek warmed up upon that confession. He had to say something to encounter that praise.

“…And the blue hair actually suits you. I have to admit I didn’t think you would look better in fashion colored hair.” Ryeowook muttered, but Kyuhyun heard him nonetheless. “Next time try color it purple.”

Kyuhyun’s smile got wider in a sad way. “Actually, I lost a bet to someone and I have to dye my hair in pink next.”

“You WHAT?” Ryeowook shrieked, nearly doubled in laughter. He might have a hysterical laugh, but it was still a music to Kyuhyun’s ears and better than their leader’s hyena laugh.

“You heard me.” Kyuhyun said sheepishly. “Anyway, let’s get back to the changing room. You may interrogate me later in dorm.”

“Oh, I will.” Ryeowook pats his hand at Kyuhyun’s top head in pity yet amused, feeling his annoyance from before evaporated with Kyuhyun’s admittance.