HAPPY HAPPY

Let's dance the night away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

None of this was fair. None of it.

It wasn't fair that I had to work so long that day. 

It wasn't fair that I had gone to sleep without a care in the world.

It wasn't fair that Dahyun was gone.

It wasn't fair that Momo had to deal with it alone.

None of it was fair.

 

I awoke the morning after Dahyun's dance. The one that she couldn't attend. I turned my head to the side, feeling the excitement build up. That bubbly feeling I always found in my stomach on the weekends. 

The weekends were the days when I didn't have classes or work. I was completely free. 

Dahyun's face popped into my mind and my heart squeezed in joy as I sat up, stretched and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I could see her today. I thought to myself. I would have to buy her some flowers or some more goodies to apologise for not being there for her yesterday.

I turned to my bedside to grab my phone and check the time.

I had one missed call from the hospital. Dread flooded my body. 

I opened the phone to check for voicemail. I didn't need to listen to it.

This isn't fair.

Before I let the grief overtake me, I called Momo's number.  I forced all my concentration to focus on her. Was she alright? Did she get a call too? 

The phone rang five times before she picked up. I heard shuffling as if somebody was readjusting their position before Momo's voice was heard on the other end.

"What." She said. Her voice almost broke my composure. It was flat. There was no emotion.

"Momoring, are you alright?" I asked, forcing my voice to remain steady and calm. I breathed though my nose and continued to push the impending thoughts of Dahyun to the back of my mind. Momo is here. Momo is the one I'm talking to right now. That's all I needed to know.

I heard her shuffle again. She sighed, long and deep.

"I'm ok. It's you that I should be asking." 

I didn't know what else to say, and the reality of the situation suddenly came upon me.

"Sana?" 

My ears were ringing and my v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter