You’re Worth The Wait

You’re Worth The Wait

~~~~~~~~~~

 

No One's POV

 

"I'm sorry!!" Her friend shouted after being grabbed by the collar. "I didn't do it on purpose I swear!! It was Wonyoung's fault okay?!"

 

"Don't put the blame on me!! It was you who dropped it!!" Wonyoung argued. 

 

"You pushed me and it slipped!!" She argued back but at the same time fearing for her life. "I didn't mean to drop your phone in the pond Chaewon-ah! I'm sorry!!"

 

Chaewon sighed as she released the girl looking so scared. 

 

"I-I'll buy you a new one..." She mumbled as she had taken a few steps away from Chaewon. She didn't want to get strangled. 

 

"Forget it. It's just a phone..." She said but the fact that her face says otherwise got the girl to feel even more guilty than before. "It's just that ... my memory card ... her pictures it was hard to get and you Ahn Yujin!! Just destroy it in just a few minutes..."

 

"I'm sorry!!" Chaewon raised her palm to stop the girl from apologizing. 

 

"Forget it!!" She raised her voice and Yujin became silent immediately. "But you have to get me a new one!" She demanded and Yujin nodded vigorously. 

 

"I will!! I'll get you the newest version so please don't be mad at me". She used her puppy eyes and Chaewon just rolled her eyes before pushing the girl's pouting face away. 

 

"Let's head to practice guys, Sakura unnie will get mad if we're late again". Yena, the oldest amongst them said. 

 

They all walked towards the practice room where they changes into their practice attire. 

 

"Wonyoung why are you still here? Go home". Yujin ordered but Wonyoung being Wonyoung just stuck her tongue out at Yujin. "You-!" Only to get pinch by her ear. "A-ahh unnie, i-it hurts". She whines as she tried to get Sakura's hand off. 

 

"Stop bickering and get your to the court!" 

 

"Okay okay! Just release my poor ear please! It hurts!" Sakura did and Yujin just pouts, rubbing her ear. 

 

"Sakura unnie where's Nako unnie?? I thought she'll come too?" Wonyoung pouted after not seeing her crush there. 

 

"She will. She's waiting for Hitomi". At the mention of the certain girl's name, Chaewon's ears perked up and her cheeks suddenly turns red. 

 

Yujin who caught the girl blushing decided to . 

 

"Someone's excited~" She tried to wrap her arm around Chaewon's shoulder but raised both her hands in surrender when Chaewon threatened her with a fist. 

 

"Kang Hyewon! Stop eating and get to practice! How many times have I told you not to eat during practice?!" Sakura scolded as the said girl pouts. "That stupid pout doesn't work on me now get your to the court!" 

 

"I guess it only does with Eunbi". Hyewon kept her unfinished sandwich and walk off to court, dragging Yena and Yujin along. 

 

"I have snacks and a few drinks in my bag, just get it if you're hungry alright??" Sakura's tone turned softer when she talked to Wonyoung who nodded like a baby. 

 

Well she's an actual baby and she's sakura's baby. The older is really fond of Wonyoung and treated the younger one like a baby. 

 

Sakura then nodded and walk off but she stopped in her track when Chaewon was still by the bench. 

 

"Ms. arrogant are you seriously spacing out??" Chaewon blushed harder and shook her head. "I'm witnessing a blushing devil?? How cute". She said and rolled her eyes before dragging Chaewon. 

 

"Wait unnie!" Sakura stopped and Chaewon rushed back to Wonyoung and handed her something in a paper bag. "G-give this to h-hitomi and don't tell her I'm the one giving this!" Wonyoung who knew her not so small crush on Hitomi just smirked and took the paper bag. 

 

"Sure Chaewon unnie~" Even by her tone, Chaewon knew the girl was trying to . 

 

"I see Ahn Yujin in you and I seriously want to strangle you Wonyoung". With a not so scary glare she got dragged by Sakura once again. "Don't eat that bread! I'll seriously strangle you if you do!" 

 

Not long after Wonyoung saw a few girls walking in and she waved excitedly. 

 

"Nako-chan~ And hi to you too Yuri unnie, Hitomi-chan". Wonyoung greeted but she bended down a little and hug Nako, only Nako though. 

 

"You never hug me like that Wonyoung-ah". Yuri pouted. 

 

"Don't you have Yena unnie to do that to you??" Yuri blushed and just told the younger girl to sit down to avoid the topic. 

 

"Ohh Hii-chan this is for you". Wonyoung handed the paper bag towards hitomi who looked confuse. 

 

"What's this??" Wonyoung shrugged and gesture her to look inside. "Bbang!!" She squealed in joy. "Thank you Wonyoungie~" 

 

"Ahh- It wasn't me who bought you those though. Someone else did". 

 

"Who??" Wonyoung then gestured for the girl to lean close as she smirks and whisper. 

 

"Your faithful admire gave this to you~" she leans back still with that smirk on. 

 

"My faithful admire?" 

 

Yuri and Nako suddenly realize who Wonyoung was referring to and they burst out laughing while Hitomi was looking at them, dumbfounded. 

 

"You'll know soon unnie~" Then Wonyoung turned back to the court where she saw Chaewon smiling at them, at Hitomi to be exact but the girl was still looking at them so she didn't notice the loving look from Chaewon. 

 

"Ackk!" Chaewon fell on her when she got hit with basketball. 

 

"Yahh you devil! Focus! Where's your mind at?!" Sakura scolded as she helped the girl back up. 

 

"S-sorry unnie. S-something distracted me". 

 

"More like someone~" Yena teased. Well mostly all of them knew except a certain girl. 

 

"Shut it!" She threw the ball at Yena who caught it and laugh at her. 

 

"I know you like her alright? But focus on practice for now. The match is next week". Chaewon nodded as she made herself focus on the practice. 

 

"Weird why'd she lose focus while practicing? So unusual". Hitomi said and shook her head only for the three girls chuckled lightly with Yuri patted her shoulder. "Wae??"

 

"You'd be surprised if you find out why hii-chan but we'll just let you figure it out yourself". Yuri said with a teasing smile only got Hitomi more confused. 

 

'If only you knew that you're the one who she got distracted with Hii-chan, if only you knew'. Yuri thought to herself

 

-----------------------

 

"Alright! Good job! We'll continue tomorrow so don't think you're free now just yet!" Sakura said before she ran off to the bench where a certain girl is. "Jjaeyeon~" she called out sweetly making her friends including the girls cringed except for one. 

 

"Wow the way she talk to us VS the way she talk to Chaeyeon unnie..." Yujin mumbled and Sakura just stuck her tongue out at the younger girl. "I need to get myself a love life. I'm so lonely~" she pouted. 

 

While they went to clean themselves up, the girls talked and they suddenly had a plan in mind. 

 

"Are you really not coming with us hii-chan??" Chaeyeon asked and Hitomi shook her head. 

 

"I have homework and also my parents expected me to be home so I can't hang out with you guys. I'm sorry~". She pouted cutely and Chaeyeon just pinch her squishy cheeks. 

 

"So adorable~" 

 

"It's fine. We can just go all together after their match next week". Yuri stated. 

 

"Sorry guys~"

 

"But who's going to walk you home?? Nako and Wonyoung are coming with us though". 

 

"Yeah...". Hitomi looked down. Her parents couldn't pick her up as they were still at work. 

 

Her sister is over at her friend's house and her brother isn't at home. He moved to the dorm as he started college a month ago and he can't leave the dorm after nine. It's a rule and if he got caught getting out after nine he'll get punished. 

 

"Ohh Chaewon unnie can walk you home then~ I remember her saying you two live just a few blocks away from each other". Wonyoung suddenly got into the plan. 

 

"Chaewon unnie? Hmm I don't know. We haven't even talk much. It'll be a bit awkward for us". Hitomi said. It's true. They barely interact aside from the small greeting when they see each other. 

 

"But you still need someone to walk you home right??" Hitomi nodded. 

 

"Since Chaewon isn't coming with us as well then you two can just go home together. You live near each other so it's fine". 

 

"Don't worry Hii-chan~ Chaewon unnie is a nice person. She won't kill you don't worry~". Wonyoung teased. 

 

"I know she's nice but we aren't even close". 

 

"Then use this opportunity to become close. We're all friends except you two". 

 

"Fine. If she's okay with it then I don't see the problem". Wonyoung cheered. "Why are you so excited??" She asked and look at Wonyoung suspiciously who laughed nervously. 

 

"Uhh—" And she sighed out in relief when she saw the members walking towards them. 

 

'I'm saved! Thank god!'. Wonyoung said to herself. 

 

"So you're really not coming with us?" Chaewon shook her head and smile at Hyewon. 

 

"Homework, assignments and I'm exhausted so I'll just pass for today". She said and Hyewon just nodded but a smirk was seen on the corner of her lips. 

 

Chaewon was really clueless of her friend's plan on getting her to become friends with Hitomi. 

 

"Chaewon-ah" Chaeyeon called out. 

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I heard you're passing this time". She nodded in confirmation. "Then are you okay with walking Hitomi home?? You mentioned that you two live a few blocks away from each other so do you mind walking her home too??"

 

"WHAT?!" Hitomi thought Chaewon didn't want to walk her home since they weren't friends to begin with but she kinda felt disappointed to know. 

 

What she didn't caught was Chaewon's crimson face since she's having her head down. 

 

"What? You have a problem with that unnie??" Wonyoung asked innocently but that smirk couldn't be hidden, especially not to Chaewon. 

 

"You don't have to Chaewon unnie. I can-" Chaewon quickly cut Hitomi off. 

 

"No no no! I can walk you home! I mean we live just a few blocks a-away from each other". She stuttered at the last sentence and her friends only let out a small laugh. 

 

"Then it's settled. Alright we're heading off now you two. Get home safe and inform me when you're both home in one piece. Especially you Kim Chaewon so I would know you didn't die out of a heart attack". Eunbi teased and she clings onto Hyewon as they all make their way out. 

 

"See you guys tomorrow!" Yujin waved rather excitedly and Chaewon almost threw her shoe at girl but didn't because Hitomi was there. 

 

She didn't want to scare Hitomi off. 

 

"H-hitomi-ssi". Her heart almost stopped when Hitomi smiled at her. 

 

"You can call me Hii-chan Chaewon unnie. Since everyone called me that". 

 

"A-alright h-hii-chan..." She was a stuttering mess. 

 

She never stutter so much like that but who would blame her? When she's talking to her crush. Her heart just can't calm down. 

 

'I know you're excited and I am too but please stop being so loud! I don't want to look obvious!' Chaewon told her heart but of course just to herself. If she would blurted it out Hitomi would find it weird. 

 

"Shall we go??" Hitomi asked with a smile and Chaewon smiled back awkwardly as she gave a stiff nod. 

 

'Does she not like me or something? She looks so nervous and awkward'. Hitomi wondered. 

 

-----------------------

 

Chaewon was happy. I mean why would she not? When the person walking beside her is someone who made her heart flip so many times?  

 

But Hitomi saw it differently. Chaewon looked stiff and tense but she looks happy. Her smile just kept getting wider. Not that Hitomi finds it weird. She finds it rather cute to see Chaewon smile like an idiot but she can't help but wonder why and what was the reason the girl was smiling like that.  

 

She cross herself out of the list since they weren't friends to begin with so why would Chaewon smile like that because of her? 

 

But she thought wrong though. Chaewon was really smiling because of her. It was only that she didn't know. 

 

"Unnie you seem happy" 

 

"H-hah? Oh haha ... well I guess I am". She chuckled awkwardly and scratched the back of her neck. 

 

It didn't take long before they reached Hitomi's front door which Chaewon immediately stop but she also felt disappointed that her time with Hitomi is cut short. 

 

"Thank you for walking me home Chaewon unnie~" chaewon nodded and smiled stupidly but Hitomi thought that smile was cute so she grinned "But unnie quick question. How'd you know this is my house? You even stopped me when I almost walk pass my own house". 

 

"Ahh that..." She scratched her head. "I-I always see you when my chauffeur picks me up". 

 

"Wait what? Unnie why didn't you tell me?? I shouldn't have made you walk me home". Hitomi pouted and Chaewon just wanted that pinch and kiss those squishy cheeks but she controlled herself.

 

"No no it was my choice to walk you home and besides walking home once in awhile is relaxing". She immediately said so Hitomi wouldn't feel guilty. 

 

"But still-"

 

"Now shush. It's fine, really hito- I mean hii-chan". She said with a small blush but luckily Hitomi didn't notice it. 

 

"If you say so unnie". Chaewon smiled and Hitomi bowed before Chaewon could even stop her. "Thank you for walking me home unnie". 

 

"It fine Hii-chan". Hitomi chuckled cutely. 

 

"Then I'll see you tomorrow unnie. Get home safe~". Hitomi said but Chaewon suddenly fidget with her fingers. 

 

"Umm H-hii-chan..." 

 

"Yes?"

 

"C-can I have your phone number?? I-I mean-" before she could add in an excuse Hitomi just let out a cute giggle. 

 

"Of course unnie". Chaewon smiled widely and handed Hitomi her phone as the girl typed in her number. "Text me when you get home unnie". 

 

"Of course Hii-chan!" She sounded rather excited and that got Hitomi to smile at how cute Chaewon can be. "Then I'll be going now~". Chaewon waved and walked off but didn't forget to turn back to give Hitomi a smile and a wave. 

 

She was walking or rather skipping in her steps while staring at her phone. She had that huge smile on her face and Hitomi caught that. She found Chaewon so cute. 

 

"She's such a cutie". She mumbled and enter her house when she saw Chaewon already a little far from her house. 

 

And not even 5minutes pass she felt her phone vibrate and it was an incoming text from an unknown number. Hitomi just knew who it was and she quickly add her into her contact list. 

 

From: Chaewon unnie

 

Hii-chan this is Chaewon. I just got home~ 

 

"Huh even the way she text is cute". 

 

To: Chaewon unnie

 

Glad you got home safe unnie~ rest well~

 

And Chaewon just replied with a wink emoticon which got Hitomi to smile before she just leaves the text and walk up to her room. 

 

-----------------------

 

"How was last night Chaewon unnie??~ Did you have fun??" Wonyoung teased as soon as she see Chaewon but she screamed for help when Chaewon strangled her. 

 

Her nightmare came true. She got strangled by Chaewon and was just trying to escape Chaewon's fist that's rubbing her head. 

 

"You little brat! Don't think I didn't know you planned it!" How Chaewon acted with her friends was amusing. 

 

The other students just fell for Chaewon once more. Though the girl got that cold and dark aura around her but that's what makes her Chaewon. She is unique in her own way. 

 

"She's trying to kill me Yujin unnie!! Help me!!" Wonyoung pleaded but Yujin just laughs at her. 

 

"That's what you get for messing with her Wonyoungie~". But she stopped laughing when Chaewon looked at her. "Hehe?"

 

"Don't think you can escape Ahn Yujin! You were in it too!" She released Wonyoung and head for Yujin who already got up towards the door only to almost crash into someone.

 

"Hii-chan!! Please save me from this devil!!" Yujin hides behind Hitomi's back which was useless because she was bigger and taller than Hitomi. 

 

But Yujin was smart. She knew Hitomi could make Chaewon stop even without speaking. 

 

"What's happening??"

 

"Nothing much unnie~ Just Chaewon unnie trying to kill that person behind your back". And Chaewon gave Wonyoung a glare only to get a smirk as a reply but she stopped when Chaewon mouthed something at her. 

 

'You're dead'. That was what Chaewon mouthed. 

 

"Ehh? Really? But Chaewon unnie isn't that evil to just kill anyone". 

 

"You just don't know ... she just strangled Wonyoung a minute ago and now she's after me!!" Yujin said and Chaewon glared at her who hides her face behind Hitomi's back but peek to look at the angry devil's face. 

 

"Then you must did something to piss her off Yujin. I know you and I think if someone like Chaewon unnie wanted to kill you then you must did something bad that got her mad". Hitomi reasoned and Yujin widened her eyes in surprise. 

 

Chaewon smirked and Wonyoung burst out laughing. 

 

"Hii-chan ... you did not just side with the devil..." Yujin mumbled in disbelief. 

 

"For that, I think you're the devil here Yujin". Then Hitomi just smiled at Chaewon and walk inside the class leaving Yujin there with Chaewon smiling evilly at her. 

 

"Eunbi unnieeeeee!!!" She shouted and tried to run away but too late. Chaewon already caught her ear as she pinch it hard. 

 

-----------------------

 

"What happen to your ear Yujin?? It looks so red". Eunbi asked as she examine Yujin's red ear. 

 

"The devil caught me and plan to cut my ear off but I manage to escape because of the bell". She said in almost a robot tone. 

 

"The only devil I know here is you Ahn Yujin. Did you just pinch yourself??" Eunbi asked and Yujin gasped in disbelief making Wonyoung burst out laughing once again. 

 

Hitomi just chuckle silently and Chaewon smiled. She loves hearing Hitomi's small cute laughs. She wanted to hear it every single day. 

 

She would even record it and set it as her wake up alarm but that would've been creepy if Hitomi were to find out. 

 

What if she finds Chaewon a creep and decided not to socialize herself with Chaewon anymore?? Surely Chaewon can't live with that. 

 

"You look funny Yujin unnie~ Hahahaha". Wonyoung laughed and laughed harder when Chaeyeon started laughing. 

 

Everyone laughed as soon as Chaeyeon started laughing because her laugh is literally funnier than a joke. 

 

"Hii-chan you have something on your lips". Chaewon said when she saw the crumbs on Hitomi's side lips. 

 

She would've wipe it off but she was scared if it'll make Hitomi uncomfortable or worse hate it. 

 

"Where? Here?" Hitomi turned to face Chaewon and wipe her lips only to wipe the other side. 

 

"Not that side. The other side. There". She pointed and that got Yena to talk. 

 

"Aishh Chaewon quit being a scaredy-cat and wipe if off for her". Yena said with her arms crossed and Yuri just smiled at her. 

 

Yena's words were just telling Chaewon to man up or she would never get Hitomi to like her if she won't quit being a coward because that's how she won Yuri's heart. 

 

Chaewon hesitates as she slowly reach for a tissue and reach towards Hitomi's lips slowly but that got everyone frustrated. She was so slow that it irritated them. 

 

"Coward". Yena hissed under her breath as Chaewon finally wipe the crumbs off Hitomi's lips and look away with a blush. 

 

While Everyone finds Chaewon a coward Hitomi thought the girl was cute when she got nervous. She chuckled and continue eating her lunch. 

 

Everyone were eating their lunch peacefully with a small bicker and teasing here and there. Mostly between Yujin and Chaewon. 

 

The duo likes making fun of each other but not in a bad way. They were just playing around with each other and never have they had a fight for real. 

 

But their lunch break had to come to an end as the bell rung. Signaling that the lunch break is over. 

 

They all returned to their respective classroom but since Hitomi's class is just next to Chaewon and Yujin's, they decided to walk her to class. 

 

Well it was entirely Yujin's idea because she knows her bestfriend wanted to spend more time with her crush. 

 

She knew how in love Chaewon is so this time she didn't interrupt them and let them be in their own world not until someone came to mess it up. 

 

"Chaewon sunbae! Oh my god you're so beautiful!" One of the freshman squealed but Chaewon's stoned face kinda scare her but at the same time made her legs go weak. "I m-made these myself and I wanted y-you to be the first one to taste it". She mumbled shyly as she handed the box towards Chaewon. 

 

Hitomi turn to look at Chaewon and was surprise to see the girl's face that was just smiling like an idiot a minute ago turned into an expressionless human. 

 

"I've eaten. Give it to someone else". She said and held Hitomi's arm, taking the girl with her as Yujin was nowhere to be seen.  

 

"B-but sunbae. I made this especially for you". She sounded upset and Hitomi felt bad for her that she held Chaewon's wrist to stop her. 

 

"Just accept it. She looks like she's about to cry". Hitomi whispered and Chaewon wanted to scoff but held herself back.  

 

"If you say so". Then she look at the freshman and took the box of whatever she made. 

 

The freshman was happy that Chaewon accepted but only to gasped in shock when Chaewon threw it in the trash. 

 

"I might throw it at you next time". She warned and walk off as she held Hitomi's arm, pulling the girl along who had the same shock face on. 

 

"S-she ... she's so cool. Such a badass!" The girl squealed as Chaewon walked away. 

 

"Chaewon unnie why did you do that?" Hitomi frowned and pulled the girl to stop. 

 

"If I won't then people like her will just keep following me like a bug". She replied and look at Hitomi. "I know I was rude but I have rejected her nicely before and she never stopped". 

 

"But still that was not nice". Chaewon sigh and released Hitomi's arm. 

 

"So you hate me now because of what I did?" And it was Chaewon's turn. She looked like she was about to cry but she turned her face quickly so Hitomi didn't notice. 

 

"No unnie. I'm just—"

 

"It's fine Hii- I mean Hitomi. I guess I'll see you after class". She faked a smile and walk off without turning back. 

 

"Did I upset her? But why would she be upset??" Hitomi said to no one but she immediately enter her class when she saw the teacher approaching. 

 

-----------------------

 

"Eyy you can't be serious right now Chaewon. Getting upset because of that?? Because obviously what she said was right, what you did was rude". Sakura said as she kept bouncing the basketball.  

 

"I don't know unnie". Chaewon pouted and Yujin just hugged her head. 

 

"It's okay unnie, Yudings will always be here for you". She sweetly said only to get slapped by Wonyoung. 

 

"Eww! Stop being disgusting. I don't want to puke all the food I ate". 

 

"Tsk". And she kept hugging Chaewon's head and the girl didn't even push her away. 

 

"Is she gonna come watch our practice again??" She asked without looking at Wonyoung. 

 

"I guess? Well Nako unnie is coming so I bet she is too". 

 

"Alright then let's practice. I want to keep my mind distracted for now so help me out". Her friends just smiled and nodded as they ran off to the court leaving Wonyoung on the bench alone waiting for the others. 

 

And soon the trio which were Yuri, Nako and Hitomi entered the practice room and went straight to sit on the bench with Wonyoung. 

 

"Why is she so focus today?? From what I remembered, she got hit by the ball because she was distracted by *cough* someone". Nako then turn to smirk at Hitomi who was munching on her bread. 

 

She was clueless of the looks her friends were giving her since her eyes were busy looking at someone else. 

 

"Hii-chan". Yuri tapped Hitomi's shoulder grabbing the girl's attention. "Can you be honest with me??" 

 

"Yeah what is it?" Though her eyes were still focusing on a certain basketball player. 

 

"Do you like anyone at the moment??" That made Hitomi turn to look at Yuri. 

 

"At the moment? I don't think so why?"

 

"Well just curious". Hitomi just look at Yuri weirdly before shrugging it off and focus on a certain player. 

 

She didn't know why but she smiled when Chaewon laughed, maybe at something funny Yena or Yujin said. 

 

They stopped to take a break as Chaewon stayed at the court and played by herself. She threw the ball into the hoop and it went in as she sigh in satisfaction. 

 

The girls were over at the bench talking to their girlfriends except Yujin who went to clown them. 

 

'Girlfriend? I wish I had one'. Chaewon thought to herself. 

 

They were the only single ones on the team and the other three were already taken. 

 

She was just playing by herself when a group of freshman burst through the door. Some running towards the girls on the bench and a few ran towards Chaewon with gifts in their hands. 

 

"Sunbae!" They greeted loudly and bowed as paying respect to their upperclassmen. 

 

They handed Chaewon the gifts. Normally Chaewon would just rejects it and if they push it, she'll throw it in the trash in front of them but this time she didn't. 

 

Before she smiled and accepts the gifts, she glance in hitomi's direction who doesn't seem bothered but looks happy that Chaewon accepted the gifts. 

 

'Keep in mind that you're the one liking her Kim Chaewon, not the other way around'. She thought to herself as she accepted the gifts. 

 

"Is that really our Chaewon?" Yena mumbled in surprise. 

 

"Where did the devil go?? And where did this angel come from??". Yujin asked looking weirdly at Chaewon. 

 

"Thank you". She said softly and the freshman squealed before bowing and ran off. 

 

Chaewon then look at the gift and sighed. She walked over to the bench and placed it next to her bag. 

 

Without saying a word, she walked back to the court and continue practicing by herself. 

 

"What's with her?? Why is she suddenly nice to her admirers and cold to us?" Yujin said and walk to the court to talk to Chaewon who was bouncing the ball over and over and threw it in the hoop. "What's wrong buddy?"

 

"Not now". 

 

"It have to be now and you know you can't stop me right?" Chaewon sighed and sat down as Yujin sat next to her. "Tell me what's wrong. You suddenly being nice to your admirers is a new thing". 

 

"You know why". 

 

"I do. It's because Hii-chan said what you did was rude but I'm not blind Chaewon. I know there's another reason for it". Yujin stated confidently. 

 

"I hate it when you just see through me like that". Chaewon mumbled and Yujin chuckled as she wrap her arm around her friend's shoulders. "I know I like her and I'm sure of my feelings for her but something got me thinking. I'm the only one liking her and it's one-sided". 

 

"You're dumb sometimes unnie". Actually Chaewon asked Yujin to drop the unnie. Yeah Chaewon's older than Yujin. "It's one-sided but that's how you start changing it until the feelings become mutual unnie. You can't just have her like you right away. You have to win her heart over first unnie. Make her like you too so it won't be one-sided anymore". 

 

"Sometimes you're quite a good advisor Yujin". 

 

"That's my charm Chaewon". She then stood up and pulled Chaewon along. "What I meant to say is step up your game or Hii-chan will never like you back if you just stay here and sulk just because of something she said". 

 

They then smiled at each other before burst out laughing. They can't stand it when they're being nice to each other like this. It makes them cringe but at the same time they're glad they had each other's back. 

 

"Go get her you coward". Then Yujin ran away before Chaewon would strangle her again for calling her a coward. 

 

And she did. She chase after Yujin for teasing her again. 

 

"Wait till I catch you Ahn Yujin!!" Chaewon shouted and continue chasing after Yujin but who is she kidding anyway? Yujin had longer legs so of course she'll be faster. 

 

"I'll let you catch me when you stop being a coward Kim Chaewon!!"

 

"I am not a COWARD!!" She shouted back. 

 

"YOU ARE!" She can't believe it. Even the ones on the bench called her a coward. Was she really a coward?? 

 

She stopped running and try to catch her breath but right now her thoughts were running. wild. 

 

Not until she saw a water bottle in front of her. She looked up only to find Hitomi smiling at her cutely. 

 

'Stop smiling at me like that. My poor heart can't handle it'

 

Despite the fact that her heart is slamming against her chest, she accepted the water bottle and took a few sips from it. 

 

"Thanks". She almost stutter with that one word but luckily she didn't. 

 

"No problem unnie". But the way Hitomi smiles at her made her feel weird. Why would she be smiling at Chaewon like that?? Not that she dislike it but something seems suspicious. 

 

"Is there something you want to say??"

 

"Well I guess I do. I've actually seen you guys practice but I've observed you most of the times and you never missed the hoop everytime you shoot. How'd you do that??"

 

"I practice". 

 

"Then mind teaching me?? I wanna learn how to play so I can impress someone". Hearing that Chaewon's mood just went down. 

 

'Ahh so that means she already have someone else in her heart?? Great, a nice way to break my heart' Chaewon smiled almost painfully as she weakly nodded. 

 

"Thank you Chaewon unnie~". She loves seeing Hitomi smiles but after knowing Hitomi had someone else, made her heart aches everytime she see that smile because she realize that the smile Hitomi shown her was meant for someone else. 

 

She and Hitomi moved to the court and stands a bit close to the hoop as she shows Hitomi as she made a shot. 

 

It went into the hoop perfectly and Hitomi claps excitedly. 

 

"It's gonna be hard at first but if you practice just as hard you'll be able to make the shot". She said and handed the basketball towards Hitomi. "Here you have to position your hands like this". 

 

She stands behind Hitomi and placed Hitomi's right hand under the ball and the other holding it slightly. 

 

"No not like that. Position your elbow under the ball don't cocked it to the side. It'll mess up your shot". She instructed seriously. 

 

When it comes to playing basketball she's always serious and she doesn't involves her emotions because it'll just distract her. 

 

"Your knees Hitomi. Flex your knees a bit. It'll make it easier for you to jump without losing balance". And when Hitomi had the right position Chaewon lets go of her. "Go give it a shot". 

 

Then Hitomi jump forward slightly as she throws the ball but it missed the hoop. She wasn't even close to making a score. 

 

She pouted when she missed the hoop but Chaewon patted her head. 

 

"It's your first try so it'll probably miss the hoop but if you keep practicing you'll get better". Then she walked off but did smile at Hitomi before she did. 

 

She went to grab the basketball and hand it towards Hitomi again. 

 

"Go, give it another try". She encouraged and Hitomi tried again. 

 

"Why does she looks like she's forcing a smile?? That stupid smile she always have on when talking to Hitomi is not there". Yujin frowned as she said. 

 

"I thought you got her to step up her game?? What's wrong now??" Wonyoung questioned. 

 

"I don't know. She looks happy awhile ago but now that smile looks so fake". She got curious to why Chaewon looks like she's in pain. That smile looks so sad and forced. 

 

They were looking at Chaewon worriedly but the girl didn't seem to notice them and just keep focusing on instructing Hitomi. 

 

It didn't take long for them to resume back to practice and Sakura ended the practice shortly. She saw the painful look Chaewon had and it got her worried. 

 

They planned to have dinner together and Hitomi agreed to come with them this time but...

 

"I'll pass. I feel exhausted and I need rest". Chaewon said and force another smile. "My chauffeur is probably waiting for me. I'll go first guys. I'll see you tomorrow". Then she just went off quickly hiding the fact that she wanted to cry. 

 

"She looks sad...". Hitomi blurted out. 

 

"You notice??" She nodded. 

 

"She looks sad after I asked her to teach me play basketball. Does she not like me? That's why she's like that or did I do something wrong??" 

 

"Ohh Hii-chan who wouldn't like you?? I mean look at these!" Yuri pinched her friend's cheeks. "You're too cute to be hated by anyone Hii-chan". 

 

"If you only knew..." Yujin mumbled but panic when Hitomi heard her. 

 

"If only I know what?" Wonyoung glared at Yujin for being an idiot again. 

 

"N-nothing hii-chan. I was talking about Yuri". 

 

"Ohh". Then she just shrugged it off and didn't bother asking further which made Yujin sigh in relief but Wonyoung immediately gave her a smack on the head. 

 

"Yahh!!" But with a warning glare from Sakura got Yujin all sulking. 

 

She knew she almost blew Chaewon's cover up and she felt guilty for it. 

 

-----------------------

 

Chaewon wasn't anywhere near her house. She wasn't even on the way home. She asked her driver to bring her to Han River. It's her favorite stress reliever spot. 

 

But she hated how she sees couples who were on a date there too. She wanted to have someone she would call her own too. 

 

She wanted to hold her girlfriend's hand, kiss them and enjoy their date which she only had only dreamed of it so far. 

 

She wanted to know what being in a relationship feels like. She wanted to have someone to take care of her and gets showered with endless love from her special someone. 

 

"Being single kinda though..." She mumbled to herself and kept walking around. 

 

It was peaceful but kinda lonely and she hates the feeling of loneliness. She usually had Yujin or other team members annoys her or piss her off but now that she's out there alone, she can't help but feel lonely. 

 

She kept walking not knowing where she's going and her thoughts just drift off to a certain someone who has fluffy cheeks and it made her heart go wild but at the same time it hurts. 

 

"Hah! That's what you get for falling for someone as cute as her". She can remember why she fall for the girl in the first place. 

 

Hitomi's number one charm are her cheeks that she also mentioned it's full of her hopes and dreams. Yes her adorable fluffy cheeks that caught Chaewon's attention. 

 

She remembered how her eyes always follows Hitomi until the girl was out of her sight. She just kept staring for who knows how long when they're in the same class. 

 

She was always cold and had that dark aura surrounding her that even the teachers got scared of her but who would know that Hitomi is powerful enough to make the scary Chaewon turns into a cute goofball. 

 

She remembered Yuri told her she was scary. She can't even deny that fact. She's scary and she know herself because she got scared of herself sometimes because of her short temper. 

 

She snapped at Yuri once and it made the girl cry that they didn't talk for days. Yuri was scared and Chaewon didn't know how to apologize without scaring the girl off. 

 

Of course Chaewon man up and apologize to Yuri. It was awkward for them the first few days after making up but they went to being their usual self after a week. 

 

She was so lost in her thoughts that she almost bump herself into a tree but thank god her phone snap her back to reality. 

 

She checked the caller and it was just her dad.  

 

[Hello??] she answered. 

 

[Chaewon-ah where are you?? It's almost nine and you're not home. I got worried so I called]. He spoke but she can tell how worried he is from his tone. 

 

[I'm just taking a walk. I'll be back home soon don't worry]. She smiled though he can't see. 

 

[What's wrong sweetie??] 

 

[Everything is fine appa]. Though almost tearing up. 

 

[I know you princess and I can tell when something's wrong]. 

 

[Just had some stuff going on dad but I can handle it. Your daughter is strong don't worry]. 

 

[Is this about that Japanese transfer? The one you said you like?] She wouldn't even be surprise if he knew. She's close with her dad after all. 

 

[I'm starting to believe you hired someone to spy on me appa]. She joked. [But yeah you're right ... i guess]. 

 

[I'll be back tomorrow princess and you can tell me everything later alright?? Appa is kinda busy right now. I'm having a meeting with an important client]. And yet he called when he's doing something important. 

 

[You should've just call me after the meeting dad]. 

 

[But my princess is more important than anything else]. It made her laugh but she knew it's true. He loves her a lot. [Appa will be back tomorrow. I'll see you soon princess]. 

 

[I love you appa. Don't tire yourself out too much]. 

 

[Love you too sweetie~]. She ended the call and sigh before deciding to go back home. 

 

Her driver drove her back to her house and she was surprised to see a bunch of people by the gates. 

 

"What are you guys doing here??" She asked as she approaches them. 

 

"Thought you said you'd be resting but you went somewhere without telling us. We got worried so we came". Sakura explained but can literally hear the relieve in her voice. 

 

"Eww that's gross~ come here!" She pulled them into a hug but Sakura broke it off and pinch her ear. "Unnie..." she yelp as Sakura pulled it harder. 

 

"That's for making us worried". 

 

"Sorry. I just wanted to be alone". 

 

"You and alone doesn't go together Chaewon. Now spill the tea before I strangle you". Yujin threatened but hides behind Sakura when Chaewon raised her fist. 

 

They all went inside Chaewon's house and decided to stay over since it's late already. 

 

"Is this about Hitomi??" Sakura asked and Chaewon just nodded. "Well? What are you pouting for? We're here to know why you're sad all of a sudden not to see your disgusting pout". 

 

"It's nothing serious unnie. She didn't do anything. It was all me". She didn't want to talk about it but knowing her friends, they'll probably pester her until she spills it. "I-I just thought I had a chance b-but I guess I came late. She already had someone else in mind". She smiled sadly. 

 

"Ehh really? She said that?" Chaewon shook her head. 

 

"She just said she wanted to learn how to play basketball so she could impress someone. It's obvious enough that she had someone". 

 

"And you just assumed she like someone without asking who that is?" 

 

"Why should I bother asking? To hurt myself more? No thanks. Knowing she had someone is painful enough. What more if I know who that person was??" And she yelp when Hyewon smack her head "You glutton how dare you?!"

 

"I thought Yena was the only useless gay but you're even more useless than I thought". She shook her head and munch on her chips. 

 

"Hey!"

 

"So what's your plan now?" Ignoring the offended Yena, she asked Chaewon. 

 

"What else? I'd probably try to move on". 

 

"What?! After 3years of crushing on her? You'd just give up?! What the hell!" Yujin slapped Chaewon's shoulder. 

 

"I'd just spend another three years moving on". She joked but the pain in her voice was obvious. "But guys I'm fine and I mean it". 

 

"Fine?! With that face of yours?! Who would believe you?!" Yujin kept shouting like a mad woman. She just can't believe her dumb friend. 

 

"Can you not shout?! I have ears!" Yena scolded. 

 

"You'd probably never move on from her Chaewon". Hyewon stated. "You hardly notice anyone and Hitomi was the first girl you took interest in. It'll take more than 3 years for you to move on". 

 

"I brought that upon myself. I'll just have to deal with it". 

 

"So what now? You'd just ignore her?" 

 

"What else can I do besides avoiding her? I'd just hurt myself if we're still talking ...". 

 

"Never know a stubborn brat like you would give up without a fight like that Chaewon". 

 

"Eyy unnie why fight for it when I know I'll lose anyways?" She pushed Sakura playfully almost making the older girl spill her cola. "Ahhh I'll just go to sleep. Night guys". She then left the guest room and head to her room. "Fight for it?? Tsk as if I'll ever win". She shook her head and went to take a bath before preparing for bed. 

 

She was about to turn off the lights when out of nowhere her phone buzz. She head for it and wondered who it was. 

 

Since her friends are here no one would text her this late besides them. 

 

But her heart reacted immediately when she saw the contact's name. 

 

( Loml💞 )

 

Hitomi:

Chaewon unnie are you still up?

 

Chaewon:

Hey Hitomi. Yeah I'm still up what's wrong?

 

Hitomi:

Just checking on you unnie. 

 

Chaewon:

Ohh. 

 

'It took a few minutes for another text to come through'. 

 

Hitomi:

Not to be nosy unnie but you look sad earlier and everyone got worried. 

 

Chaewon:

Oh that. It's nothing serious Hitomi. I was just feeling tired. 

 

'She lied knowing so well that she can never tell Hitomi the truth'

 

Hitomi:

Really? Not because I asked you to teach me basketball?

 

Chaewon:

What? Of course not! I'd be more than happy to teach you. 

 

Hitomi:

But you looked sad after that unnie. I thought you didn't like it. 

 

'She wanted to deny and tell Hitomi that she likes it so much but Hitomi would've found her weird'. 

 

Chaewon:

I might have some things going on but I swear it wasn't because of that. 

 

Hitomi:

I thought you were mad at me that's why you passed on the dinner with us. 

 

'She felt her heart ache when she remember why she didn't go with them. It was Hitomi all along. She wasn't mad at Hitomi but she didn't go because of Hitomi. She wouldn't be able to handle it if she keeps remembering that Hitomi's heart belongs to someone else'

 

Chaewon:

Silly Hitomi. Of course it's not that. I was tired so I just went home to rest. 

 

Hitomi:

But why didn't you answer the texts and calls from them if you were home? You'd probably be home but it took you more than an hour and you still didn't reply. Yujin said you never sleep before 12 but you didn't reply to any of their texts. 

 

Hitomi:

And it got us worried. I was worried if you had gotten sick. 

 

'It kinda warm her heart knowing Hitomi is worried about her but she hates to always be reminded of the fact that Hitomi will never be hers'

 

Chaewon:

Ohh really? I didn't notice. I kept my phone on silent mode. 

 

Hitomi:

Tell me unnie. Are you sick?? You said you weren't feeling well. 

 

'Stop acting like you cared. It'll only gets my hopes up'. 

 

Chaewon:

I'm not sick. I'm just feeling tired after all the practice these days. 

 

Hitomi:

You shouldn't tire yourself out too much unnie. It's bad for your health. 

 

'Stop it Hitomi. I'll just fall for you more if you keep being caring like this and I don't wanna keep hurting myself'. 

 

Chaewon:

Sure. I'll take better care of myself. 

 

Chaewon:

I'll head to sleep first Hitomi. Goodnight. 

 

Hitomi:

Goodnight Chaewon unnie~

 

"I just escaped death...." She mumbled as she kept her phone and plan to just sleep. 

 

-----------------------

 

The next morning when she woke up, she swore she had never felt like ditching school and just stays home so badly. 

 

But the banging on her door would never stop if she doesn't get up so she groaned frustratingly and went to open it up. 

 

Only to be greeted by Yena holding a frying pan. 

 

"Ohh morning Chaewon-ah~ I was about to use this pan to smack you up after breaking down your door but I guess it's for next time". She smiled innocently only for Chaewon to glare at her. "Sakura unnie is cooking breakfast so better hurry up before she comes drag you". 

 

She shuts the door right in front of Yena's face. 

 

"Rude". Yena pouted but she head down to the kitchen and helped Sakura. 

 

Chaewon took a quick bath and wore her uniform. She puts her hair up into a ponytail and grab her bag before heading down. 

 

They ate breakfast together before going to school in Chaewon's car. They all didn't fit in one car but luckily Sakura brought hers. 

 

"Chaewon sunbae ... you look h-hot". One of the freshman who saw Chaewon in ponytail said when the girl pass by with her friends. 

 

Chaewon didn't reply as she walk pass those freshman. That's just Chaewon, she paid no mind to her admirers. To her they're just a bunch of annoying bugs. 

 

"You look nice when you put your hair up unnie~" Yujin complimented and Chaewon flash her a disgusting look. "I mean it though". 

 

"Shut it". 

 

She just ignored Yujin as the taller girl pouted but followed Chaewon to their class as the rest went to theirs. 

 

Chaewon had her earbuds in as she chose to just ignore the world. She closes her eyes and enjoy the music playing from her phone. 

 

What she didn't notice is Yujin calling her but she didn't hear the younger girl. She was too lost in the music until a cold beverage landed on her cheek making her flinch. 

 

She was about to curse whoever did that only to back down when it was Hitomi who was smiling cutely at her. 

 

"H-hitomi..."

 

"Good morning unnie". she greeted. 

 

"M-morning..." Yujin was just shaking her head at her useless friend. 

 

She wondered how do Chaewon plan to win Hitomi over with her useless gay self always panicking whenever Hitomi's around. 

 

Hitomi sat at the seat next to Chaewon and the girl kept fidgeting with her fingers. 

 

"Unnie are you okay??"

 

"H-huh? Y-yeah I'm f-fine". She was in a stuttering mess. 

 

"You don't look fine unnie". Hitomi placed her hand on Chaewon's shoulder who moved away and stood up faster than the flash. 

 

"O-on second thought I don't t-think I am". Then she rush out of the class and ran off. 

 

"Hii-chan!" Yujin called out excitedly. 

 

"Hmm??"

 

"You should follow her". 

 

"Waeyo??" Hitomi raised her left eyebrow at Yujin

 

"Just trust me. Follow that coward". Hitomi didn't really understand what Yujin was implying to but her feet just got her up and went out of the class after Chaewon. 

 

But where the hell would she find her?? She ran off without telling Hitomi where she went. 

 

But what Hitomi didn't understand was why did Chaewon flinch when she just touch her shoulder? Does Chaewon hates her that much??

 

"Hii-chan!!" Yuri ran towards her and held her arm. "You have to see this!" Then she drags Hitomi with her to god knows where. 

 

She was just following Yuri. But she was curious to why everyone started acting weird when she and Chaewon started talking. 

 

There was Nako and Wonyoung who always asked her about her ideal type and even ask if Chaewon or Yena fitted her ideal type. 

 

She of course would choose Chaewon being the closest to her ideal type. Yena is taken and Yuri would've buried her alive if she said Yena is her type. 

 

But she snapped out of her curious thoughts when they stopped. It was the garden where only couples would come spend time together. 

 

But one thing wasn't right. She saw Chaewon on the grass and just by the back of her head she immediately knew it was Yena who's sitting besides her. 

 

"Yuri why are we—" But Yuri shush her instantly. 

 

"Shh! Just look and listen to them". 

 

She frowned but obliged and she got worried when she heard Chaewon sob. 

 

'Why is she crying?? She seems fine back in class'. But she stopped wondering when she heard them spoke. 

 

"Go on, tell me what happened". Yena said as she patted Chaewon's back to calm her down. 

 

"L-last night she texted me unnie ... and asked why didn't I answer any of the calls and texts. She said she was worried..." Chaewon said before she pause to wipe her tears. 

 

"Hmm and?"

 

"I hated it when she acted like she cared! Because I'd think I have a chance!" Yena just nodded for her to continue. "I just w-wanted these feelings gone unnie. I can't stand it whenever she smiles at me. It hurts so much when I know the fact that she likes someone else get to me. I can't stand how she'll be giving that very cute smile to whoever the hell that person is!" Chaewon was crying and it was both out of frustration and pain. "I-I just can't accept the fact that the smile she gave me was meant for someone else. I-I wanted her to only smile at me that way. I just wanted her all to myself". She smiled painfully but since their backs were facing the two girls who were eavesdropping, they didn't see only Yena did. "Why is god so unfair?? Making me fall for someone whose heart belongs to someone else! I hate it so ing much!" 

 

'Does she loves that girl this much?? She sounded like she's in so much pain. I really want to meet this girl right now. I want to know what she looks like and how she's like to cause Chaewon unnie so much pain. I'll definitely talk some sense into her for hurting such a good person'. Hitomi clenched her fist tightly as her heart just started pounding. 

 

Seeing Chaewon cry made her want to cry too. She knew how the older girl felt and she pity her for liking someone who doesn't appreciate her enough. 

 

But little did she know, that so-called girl Chaewon was talking about was she herself. 

 

"What do you plan to do now Chaewon-ah??" Yena asked softly. 

 

"What else unnie? I'll just keep avoiding her until I move on". She smiled painfully. 

 

"But that'll take a long time Chaewon". 

 

"No matter how long it'll take, I'll just have to bear it. It's my fault for falling in love with someone who is clearly in love with someone else". Yena sighed but her eyes glance behind for a second before pulling Chaewon into a hug. "Why does this hurts so much unnie??" She cried harder. 

 

Hitomi tried stepping out. She wanted to comfort the crying Chaewon too but Yuri stopped her. 

 

"Just listen first". 

 

"But she's crying—"

 

"Listen!" Yuri whispered-yelled to make sure Chaewon wouldn't notice them and Hitomi just comply. 

 

"I know you'd never do this but what if you just confess to her Chaewon-ah??"  

 

"Unnie I'd rather like her in silence than to confess and gets rejected which will only make things awkward between us". 

 

"I know rejections can hurt but you won't know if you don't try. Maybe she also likes you ... but you idiot just assumed she like someone else just because of what she said. It might just be her brother or other friends". 

 

"Stop trying to get my hopes up". Chaewon pulled away with a little sense of hope. "You know I'd r-really confess". 

 

"That's what I'm trying to make you do though". She patted Chaewon's shoulder lightly. "Give it a shot Chaewon-ah because as far as I know, she have been wanting to be friends with you for awhile but she was shy so she back out". 

 

"R-really?"

 

"I wouldn't lie to you especially about her Chaewon". She smiled when Chaewon's eyes brightened a little bit. "After all Hitomi is Yuri's friend". Yena smirked when Chaewon smiled. "Now go get your girl!". 

 

"S-she's not my ... you know what? I think I will. I'll get my girl. I'll confess and win her over. I'll win Hitomi's heart over". 

 

"D-did she just say my name??" Hitomi gasped and it altered the two other girls. 

 

Chaewon who turned around turned pale when she saw Hitomi standing there with Yuri. 

 

"Thank us later!!" Yena then took the chance and ran away as she grab Yuri with her while laughing. 

 

Chaewon stood up weakly and sweat started appearing on her forehead. 

 

"H-hitomi..."

 

"Is it true??"

 

"W-what is t-true??" She tried playing dumb. 

 

"What you said about—"

 

"Ohh class is going to s-start!! We should head back before our homeroom teacher gets to class!!" She stopped her before the younger could say anything. 

 

Chaewon walk in a hurry trying to escape Hitomi's questions but she knew she's done for because Hitomi grab her arm and held it tight. 

 

"Forget class ... we have things to talk about". Hitomi look at her but Chaewon just kept avoiding her eyes. "The girl you like ... is it me??"

 

"H-hitomi—"

 

"Tell me!" Chaewon flinch. She was scared for her life when Hitomi raised her voice. "Tell me unnie. I need to know if my ears were or were not playing tricks on me when you said my name". She knew she had nowhere to escape now. She'll just have to tell Hitomi the truth. 

 

She pull Hitomi's hand off her arm and turn to look at Hitomi in the eyes and smiled almost painfully. 

 

"Yes, I like you. You're the one I've been liking". 

 

"Unnie..."

 

"Haha no worries Hitomi, I know you already like someone else but I just needed to get this off my chest. It was suffocating and I feel better now that I finally tell you about my feelings". She forced a chuckle and patted Hitomi's shoulder. "We should head back to class now". Then she walks off and let her tears that she have been holding in falls down. 

 

She quickly wipes it away and brace herself. 

 

-----------------------

 

"Hii-chan??" Yuri waved her hand in front of Hitomi's face snapping the girl back to reality. "What's wrong?? You look distracted the whole lesson. Is there something wrong?"

 

"Yuri..."

 

"Hmm??" Hitomi look up with the most saddest look she have ever seen on Hitomi and that got her worried. "What's wrong Hitomi??"

 

"C-chaewon unnie ..." then she looks back down at her clenched fists. "She said she l-like me..."

 

"And??" 

 

"We've only talked for two days!" She raised her voice out in frustration. "I don't know Yuri-ah. It's just so complicated right now". 

 

"You rejected—"

 

"I didn't!" Hitomi cut her off. "But I didn't accept her either. I couldn't think straight when she told me herself that she likes me but when I saw that painful look in her eyes it hurts me too for some reason". 

 

Yuri sat beside Hitomi as she placed her bag back on her table. 

 

"Do you like her??"

 

"Who doesn't??!"

 

"No Hitomi. I mean do you have feelings for her??" Hitomi paused for a few seconds before shrugging. 

 

"I don't know Yuri-ah. Chaewon unnie is likable but the thing is ... Urghh I don't know!" Yuri smiled warmly and patted Hitomi's shoulder. 

 

"Take it slow Hii-chan. Maybe now you don't know but maybe in the near future you'd come to a realization about your feelings". 

 

"B-but what if she s-started acting awkward around me??"

 

"No doubt she would. That's just Chaewon unnie. The last time we had a fight, we were awkward with each other for days but in your case it's different Hii-chan". 

 

"Babe?? Are you in here?" Someone peek her head in and smiled as she saw her girlfriend. "I thought you went home without telling me". Yena came walking towards them but she saw the stressful look on Hitomi's face so she asked. "What's wrong Hii-chan?"

 

"C-chaewon unnie..." She mumbled. 

 

"Ahh she's already in the practice room". Yuri just slapped Yena's arm for being dense. 

 

"She meant Chaewon unnie!" 

 

"Yeah and I told her where Chaewon is didn't I?" Yena look at her girlfriend confusingly. 

 

"Did you forgot what happened earlier??" Yuri asked and Yena look up and think for a second before she made an oh expression without any sounds. 

 

"So what's the problem??" Yena asked and took a seat on Yuri's table as she held Yuri's bag. 

 

"She doesn't feel the same way..." Yena look at Hitomi and smiled sadly. 

 

'Sorry bro, I thought she felt the same way. I guess I'm wrong about this one'. She apologize to Chaewon in her mind. 

 

"I-I mean I l-like Chaewon unnie but n-not that kind of like..."

 

"We know Hii-chan so don't stress about it". Yena smiled sadly as she stood up carrying Yuri's bag. "B-but just leave Chaewon be for awhile. I'm sure she needs time". 

 

Yena said and held Yuri's hand in hers as Yuri intertwined their fingers. 

 

"Let's go now. I have to hurry or Sakura unnie will literally skin me alive!" Yena said cheerfully but deep down she felt really sad for Chaewon. 

 

They made their ways towards the practice room but no one was there aside from one person who seems so out of herself. 

 

She was just playing alone. Yena caught how distracted she was that she didn't even notice them or she did and just ignore them. 

 

Yena was about to call out to her friend only for Yuri to cover before she says anything. 

 

"We should leave her alone..." Yuri whispered as she drags both Hitomi and Yena out of the practice room. 

 

Before Hitomi got out, she glance at Chaewon and right at that time, Chaewon looked at her before she exited. 

 

She caught a glimpse of those sad and painful eyes which made Hitomi's heart ache. She didn't know why it hurts just seeing Chaewon sad. 

 

"Waeyo?" Yena asked and frowned only for Yuri to show Yena her phone which Sakura had left a message for Yena since the older girl knew Yena wouldn't even bother with her phone. 

 

'Sorry to text you instead of that stupid sh*thead Yuri but please tell her that there's no practice for today. Coach said we should take a rest before the actual game and one more thing if you see Chaewon in the practice room, leave. Let her be by herself'. 

 

That was what she said in the text she sent Yuri. 

 

"Sakura unnie said they're waiting for us at the café down the streets". Yuri added after checking the second text. 

 

"I don't know ... I-I don't want to leave Chaewon here alone". Yena pouted and look at the practice room's door. 

 

"You heard what Sakura unnie said Yena. We should probably listen to her. After all she's heartbroken and it's best to leave her alone ... for now". Yena hesitates to leave the school but Yuri smiles gave her the assurance she needs. "Kaja?~" she asked cutely. 

 

"Eung~" Yena despite being the older one she's like baby when it's Yuri. 

 

They both walked away but stopped when they notice Hitomi isn't following them. 

 

"Hii-chan??" 

 

"You guys go. I'm going to head home". Hitomi said without tearing her eyes away from the practice room. 

 

"You sure?? Nako is—"

 

"I'll be fine. It's not that late so I think I can go alone. No worries". She waved them off. 

 

"Sure if that's what you want but Hii-chan..."

 

"Hmm?" She finally turned to the couple only to find Yena looking at her seriously. 

 

"Chaewon needs to be alone, I hope you understand that". 

 

"Y-yeah..." Hitomi looks away. 

 

Yuri just squeeze Yena's hand and smiled softly. 

 

"We'll be going now Hii-chan! See you tomorrow!" Then the couple walked off. 

 

Yena then from being serious just a second ago starts being a dork as the couple laughed before they disappeared out of sight. 

 

Hitomi was hesitating whether or not she should talk to Chaewon. She reached for the door handle but back away and groans. 

 

She sat down beside the door as she kept thinking about it. She didn't know why it bother her so much if Chaewon would start avoiding her. 

 

They just became friends and Hitomi didn't want to lose a friend just because of a confession. 

 

-----------------------

 

"That's enough for today..." Chaewon sighed as she picked up her bag and walk out of the practice room. 

 

She was about to walk away but spotted someone just sitting there by the door and had her face buried on her arms. 

 

Chaewon's heart started aching because she doesn't need to check to know it's the person who broke her heart. 

 

She wanted to ignore her and walk away but her feet wouldn't cooperate. 

 

So she just stood there staring down at the girl who seems to be asleep for a whole 5 minutes. 

 

She sighed and reach to shake the girl lightly. 

 

Hitomi looks up with sleepy eyes and widened her eyes when she saw Chaewon. 

 

The girl looked cold and she didn't had that idiotic smile when she saw Hitomi which somehow hurted the younger girl. 

 

Chaewon without saying anything turned away but Hitomi grabbed her hand before she could even walk away. 

 

"W-wait!" Hitomi stood up hastily. "I-I..."

 

Chaewon waited for Hitomi to say what she wanted to say. 

 

"C-chaewon unnie..." She felt a pinch on her heart when Hitomi calls her name. "I-I'm sorry..." Chaewon didn't respond and just stood still. "I-I like you too unnie, I-I mean who wouldn't??"  

 

"But not the same way I do. Is that what you wanted to say??" Chaewon asked coldly and it made Hitomi shivered for some reasons. "If that's all then I'll get going. I have things to do". 

 

She tried pulling away but Hitomi held on her hand tightly. 

 

"Hitomi—"

 

"I'm sorry!! Please don't ignore me!!" She surprised Chaewon with a back hug. 

 

Chaewon felt like her heart was gonna jump out of her chest. She suddenly lose all the will to walk away. 

 

"I just don't want to lose you as a friend!" 

 

'Friend huh'

 

Chaewon smirked to herself and felt like crying. She knew Hitomi didn't like her that way but she didn't have to shove the word friend in her face because it hurts more when they can be just friends. 

 

Now she regretted becoming friends with Hitomi knowing well she can never get out of that zone. That stupid friendzone. 

 

Chaewon pulled Hitomi's hands away by force. 

 

"We're still friends Hitomi ... but I just don't want to talk to you for now please understand". Chaewon said as her voice cracked at the last sentence before she hurriedly walk away. 

 

Wiping her tears that fell from her eyes as she went from walking to running away from Hitomi who seems to be also running after her, shouting for her to stop. 

 

'Stop it Hitomi!! Please I don't wanna get hurt!!' She screamed inside her head. 

 

"Chaewon unnie wait!!" Hitomi ran after her even after they exited the front gates. "Unnie please!!"

 

But Chaewon didn't stop. She kept running and running until Hitomi was no longer in sight and that was when she stopped running. 

 

She held her chest which her heart is beating rapidly from running earlier but the pain was there and it was slowly killing her. 

 

She just hated the fact that she's deeply in love with someone who sees her nothing but a friend. 

 

"Why does it have to be you...?" She cried silently. "Why you? Out of all of those people who can actually love me back but why does it have to be you that I fell for?... y-you're so unfair Hii-chan..."

 

-----------------------

 

Hitomi lost Chaewon as she couldn't keep running after the older girl. She was losing breath because of running too much. 

 

But her heart aches so bad when she remembered how Chaewon desperately runs away from her. She didn't want that. 

 

She didn't want Chaewon to run away from her. 

 

But if she didn't like Chaewon that way why would her heart hurts this much?? And they only actually talked for two days but why does losing Chaewon sounds so hard for her? 

 

"Unnie ... come back..." And the next thing she knew was tears started falling from her eyes. 

 

-----------------------

 

The next morning she showed up, her friends were looking at her worriedly because her eyes were swollen and she just looks like the walking dead. 

 

"Chaewon..." Yujin stood up and approached her bestfriend worriedly. "You look like you haven't slept for weeks. Are you okay??"

 

"Obviously not! She looks like a freaking zombie!" Yena yelled and went forth to hug her bestfriend. "Don't be like this please ..."

 

"Unnie I'm fine". Chaewon pushed Yena off gently. "I just couldn't sleep last night but I'll be fine. I promise". That forced smile doesn't go unnoticed by her friends. 

 

Yena was worried about Chaewon that she came early in the morning with Yuri and waited inside their class for her. 

 

Yena isn't from the same year. She's a year higher than them. She's suppose to be in her class since the bell is going to ring in a few minutes. 

 

Chaewon was always early but today the girl came barely on time and it worried them. 

 

"Unnie you should skip and stay home. You don't look fine at all..." Yuri suggested hoping Chaewon would agree but the girl only shook her head. 

 

"I'm fine Yuri-ah". 

 

*BELL RINGS*

 

"You should go to class unnie". Chaewon said with a weak smile as she pass by them both and head to her seat next to Yuri. 

 

Yena looked at Chaewon worriedly before telling Yujin to look after the girl and head to her class. 

 

30minutes passed and Chaewon looked like she was gonna pass out. Yujin and Yuri quickly took notice of that and both raised their hands. 

 

"Yes??"

 

Yuri glance at Yujin and the girl got the signal as she asked if she could bring Chaewon to the nurse's office. 

 

The teacher saw how awful Chaewon looked and he agreed immediately. He has that worried expression plastered across his face as he saw Yujin taking Chaewon out. 

 

"You look like you're gonna faint, come hop on my back I'll carry you". Chaewon didn't even protest and let Yujin carry her as she couldn't find the strength to walk anymore. 

 

"Yujin? Chaewon unnie!" Chaewon buried her face deeper on Yujin's shoulder as soon as she heard her voice. 

 

"No time to explain Hii-chan. I need to get her to the nurse's office". 

 

"Then I'll come with you!!" As Yujin started fastening her pace towards the nurse's office. Hitomi just trailed behind but Chaewon wouldn't look up. She kept her face down on Yujin's shoulder. 

 

It was like Chaewon didn't wanna see her and she wasn't even wrong about it. 

 

The nurse check up on Chaewon as soon as the girl got there. 

 

"Oh my, your fever is quite high Chaewon. You should take a rest at home". The nurse said. 

 

"But I'm f-fine..."

 

"Keep saying that until you end up hospitalized you idiot!" Yujin nagged. "Seriously why the hell would you come to school when you have a fever?! Have you gone nuts??!" 

 

"I didn't know I had a fever..."

 

"Now you know! Can you stop being stubborn and go take a rest?!" 

 

"Y-you shouldn't force yourself unnie... please take a rest". Hitomi mumbled shyly. 

 

"See? Even Hii-chan agrees with me!" Yujin while consuming with anger and frustration failed to notice the sad and hurtful look flashing upon Chaewon's face. 

 

"Hitomi..." Hitomi look up at Chaewon slowly. "Can you please leave??" 

 

Yujin's jaw dropped when Chaewon asked Hitomi to leave. She quickly turns to Hitomi who looks just as shock. 

 

"Chaewon..." Yujin mumbled when she saw the hurtful look and teary eyes from Hitomi. 

 

Not even a minute of silence, someone burst through the door and went straight to give Chaewon a hug. 

 

"Unnie..." Chaewon mumbled weakly as she leans into her unnie for warmth and comfort. "T-take me home..."

 

"I will Chaewon-ah. I'll just ask my driver to pick you up". Eunbi said as she rub Chaewon's back. 

 

While the two were busy giving each other the comfort they need, Hitomi quietly left the nurse's office with tears running down her cheeks. 

 

Yujin who noticed followed the girl. 

 

"Hii-chan..."

 

"D-does she hates me now??" Hitomi asked, her voice almost cracked. 

 

"Hii-chan ... she loves you too much to hate you, you should know that at least ..."

 

"But why did she a-ask me to leave??" Yujin sighed and dragged Hitomi somewhere else so the two could talk in private. 

 

They ended up at the garden where Chaewon confessed her feelings to Hitomi. 

 

"She didn't ask you to leave because she hates you ... she's heartbroken Hii-chan and people like her needed time away from the person who broke their heart". She patted Hitomi's shoulder with sympathy. "If you were in her shoes can you bear seeing the person who broke your heart?" 

 

"N-no..."

 

"Then you should understand why she didn't want to see you". Yujin wasn't must of comforter because she had no experience with love or whatsoever. "I think it's best for you to avoid her for awhile". Yujin patted Hitomi's back. 

 

It's both sad on each side. Hitomi likes Chaewon so much but not that kind of like-like and Chaewon, she loves her... 

 

Hitomi didn't want to lose Chaewon as a friend and Chaewon didn't want to get her heart break into pieces knowing she'll never be more than a friend. 

 

It's complicated ...

 

-----------------------

 

It's been a month and Chaewon was still not talking to Hitomi even when the other girl tried talking to her first. 

 

She'd pretend as if Hitomi didn't exist but how can you blame her?? She's heartbroken and she didn't want to be just a friend to Hitomi not until she move on which doesn't seems possible at the moment. 

 

As usual, Hitomi tried talking to Chaewon but the girl put on her earbuds as soon as she sees Hitomi. 

 

Their friends couldn't help them either because this time it's their problem to fix. 

 

And the day goes by with Chaewon ignoring and avoid looking at Hitomi at all cost. 

 

But something happened, not Chaewon but Hitomi. She's confused about her feelings. 

 

"Hii-chan?" Yuri approach her friend who is spacing out again. 

 

"Yeah??"

 

"Aren't you coming??" She almost forgot that she's going to watch the team practice. 

 

She hurriedly pack her bag and walk along side Yuri towards the practice room. 

 

*Dugeun Dugeun*

 

Her heart started beating in a fast pace as soon as Chaewon eyes met hers. 

 

'What's wrong with me nowadays??' Hitomi asked herself as she tried to calm her heart. 

 

What she didn't notice is Chaewon walking towards the bench and in the direction where Hitomi was sitting. 

 

Her heart was really trying to give her a heart attack. 

 

But it stopped when Chaewon turned from her direction towards the door. Her eyes quickly followed Chaewon's figure until she saw her approaching someone making her brows automatically snap together. 

 

The girl Chaewon was smiling at was the same freshman who gave Chaewon gifts on a daily. 

 

She shyly handed Chaewon a box which is neatly wrapped but what made her turned away was when Chaewon patted the freshman's head. 

 

'Grghhh! Seriously?! Right in front of my face?!'

 

Yuri caught how Hitomi turned red when she looked at Chaewon and the freshman which only made her smirk at her friend. 

 

'So far so good~' She said to herself and giggle silently. 

 

Chaewon then came walking back when she sent the freshman off. She kept the box on the bench next to her bag and went back to the court as she continued with their practice. 

 

"The same freshman??" Chaewon nodded as she passed the ball to Yujin. "What'd she want now??" Yujin threw the ball into the hoop and turned back to face Chaewon. 

 

"Nothing much. Just asked if I'm free tomorrow". 

 

"Tomorrow? It's weekends, is she trying to ask you on a date or something??" Chaewon nodded and smirk at her friend. "Ohh don't you dare say you agreed Kim Chaewon!" Yujin was glaring at her playfully. 

 

"It won't hurt to go on a date with your admirers does it?" Yujin just rolled her eyes and pushed her friend playfully. 

 

"Moved on?" Chaewon smiled sadly. 

 

"How can I ever move on from her??". 

 

"So you're saying you're going on this date for a distraction??" 

 

"You can say that". With her guard down, Yujin slapped her arms a little bit hard making her winced and glare at Yujin. "What the hell?!"

 

"You're an Chaewon. How can you use that freshman as a rebound??" 

 

"M-mwo?!" 

 

"You're clearly using her Chaewon and that's not nice". Chaewon sighed and went to grab the ball. "If you don't like her then don't use her—" But she stopped talking when Chaewon threw her the ball. 

 

"I rejected her..." She mumbled. "I was just joking about it. I wouldn't use someone else as a rebound Yujin..."

 

Yujin suddenly felt guilty that she almost snapped at her bestfriend. 

 

Chaewon let out a sigh. "I wish moving on from someone is as easy as getting drunk..." 

 

Yujin look at her friend sadly but she can't do anything about that. Being heartbroken takes time to heal so the only thing Yujin can do is always be there for her bestfriend and support her. 

 

"But I might consider accepting her if she confess again..." Before Chaewon resume to practice and ended their talk. 

 

-----------------------

 

"Sunbae!" Chaewon turned around when the same freshman from earlier approached her. 

 

"Is there a problem??"

 

"N-no ... I'm just wondering if I uhh ... c-could have your n-number...". Chaewon smirked as the freshman kept avoiding her eyes. 

 

"Why would you want my number?"

 

"H-huh? Ahh I-I just ... umm ..." The freshman was clearly trying to come up with a good excuse to have Chaewon's number but she just couldn't come up with one, not when Chaewon was looking at her like that. 

 

The freshman gasped when Chaewon leaned close to her ear, completely catching her off guard and whispered something to her. 

 

"I'm taken sweetie, you should find someone else". She back away and wink at the freshman as she walk back to her friends. 

 

But what she didn't realize was that someone was glaring at them the whole time they talked. 

 

"Hii-chan let's go". Yuri dragged her oblivious friend toward the others. 

 

They were hanging out. Wonyoung had to go back home first because she had a curfew and Nako went with her, yep to sleepover. 

 

They often sleepover at each other's place but mostly at Wonyoung's. Yujin who lived under the same roof as Wonyoung always tries to tease the two girls by always interrupting their alone time. 

 

Right now they're on their way to the Karaoke. Tomorrow is weekends so they decided to hang out. 

 

Hitomi who have been walking without joining in her friend's conversation because she still felt a little mad over what she saw awhile ago. 

 

She can't get over the feelings why it irritates her when Chaewon gets too close to some other girls but her and their friends. 

 

She was still in denial that it's jealousy. How could she be jealous? They're not even together to begin with. 

 

Because right now they're nothing more than strangers who share the same group of friends considered how they stopped talking after that one confession. 

 

Too busy with her thoughts to notice a rock ahead that she steps on it and trip but luckily Yena caught her. 

 

"Careful there Hii-chan". 

 

"T-thank you..." Hitomi shyly thanked Yena who just smiled in return.

 

It didn't took them long to reach their destination. They chose a VIP room. 

 

-----------------------

 

"Yahh yahh why the hell are you drinking so much??!" Sakura scolded her for downing almost 4glass in just a few minutes. 

 

Sakura snatched the glass filled with alcohol away from her hands who tried reaching for it. 

 

"But unnie~~" Yena whined. Trying to use her aegyo against Sakura which obviously didn't work. 

 

"Eyyy~ just let her Sakura. Tomorrow is weekends anyways". Hyewon nonchalantly said as she ate her snack. 

 

"Fine! But if she gets drunk, you're going to be the one responsible for her get it?!"She pointed at Hyewon who just nodded and brought Eunbi closer towards herself. 

 

They were busy bickering that they didn't notice someone downing almost 7glass in a row. 

 

Yujin, Chaewon and Yuri were singing. Sakura, Hyewon, Eunbi and Chaeyeon were flirting with their partner. Yena was just staring at Yuri from behind looking like a lovesick duck which Hitomi couldn't relate. 

 

And she was just there, sitting and drinking for who knows how many glasses she drank? 

 

Unknowingly when a balled song came up, her tears started rolling down her face when she heard Chaewon's beautiful voice.

 

She didn't even flinch when a hand wipe her tears away. 

 

She only got to listen to half of it before she ran out of the room and head outside of the place. 

 

She drank like almost 8glasses of alcohol so no doubt she'll start feeling dizzy. She couldn't even stand straight. 

 

"Why didn't I notice??" She cried harder and clenched her shirt where her heart is located. "I'm so stupid!" 

 

"Hitomi!!!" She looked behind her where another figure came after her. 

 

"Yuri-ah...." Yuri brought her friend into her arms as she rub the sobbing girl. "I love her..."

 

"What do you mean—" Hitomi cuts her off before she could even ask her sentence. 

 

"I love her Yuri!! I love Chaewon!!" She shook Yuri with her weak arms. "I can't believe how stupid I am not to notice". 

 

"Y-you mean it??" Both froze. "Hitomi".

 

Yuri who saw the trembling eyes of Hitomi's squeeze her friend's arm to assure her that everything will be fine before she let go slowly and walk back inside. 

 

"You haven't answered me yet Hitomi..." Hitomi steps back when Chaewon approach her. "Do you mean what you said??"  

 

"C-chaewon unnie ..." She gasped when she felt her back against the wall where Chaewon was already in front of her, having both her hands in between Hitomi's head on the wall. "Y-you're too close..."

 

"Answer my question Hitomi". Hitomi flinch when she felt Chaewon's hand on her cheek, caressing them with so much care. "Do you love me too??"

 

"I-I...." She trailed as she look down to avoid Chaewon's eyes. 

 

But she frowned when the warm hand on her cheek left and that was when she look up. 

 

"I guess I heard it wrong..." She turned her back and walk away with tears threatening to fall. 

 

'I let you go once but not this time'  

 

Without a second thought, Hitomi turned Chaewon back to face her and lean in ...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To kiss her .....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the lips .....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I love you Chaewon unnie ..." She hugged Chaewon tightly. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry it took awhile for me to realize ..."

 

-----------------------

 

She woke up feeling something moved on her bed. She opened her eyes and smiled when a cute face came to sight that she won't ever get tired of seeing. 

 

She caress the girl's face and lean in to kiss her on the forehead making the girl smile but she looks like she was still in deep sleep. Might've dreamed of her. 

 

"Stop being a creep..." She smirked when the girl spoke up in her raspy voice before opening her eyes. 

 

"Good morning to you too Hitomi~". Chaewon greeted with a sweet smile as Hitomi snuggle closer towards her. 

 

Both slept at Chaewon's place considering it was late and it's dangerous for Hitomi to go back home at night. Chaewon of course wouldn't let that happen. 

 

But they both knew their friends were gonna kill them for ditching their hangout and went straight to Chaewon's house. 

 

"How long have you been up unnie??"

 

"Just a short while". She answered and sniffed Hitomi's head. "Are you still tired??" Hitomi shook her head. "Then are you hungry?? I can go make—"

 

"Unnie ..." Hitomi look up. "Just shut up and hug me". With that Chaewon hugged Hitomi with a big smile. "I'm sorry..."

 

"For??"

 

"Hurting you..." Chaewon chuckled and kissed Hitomi's forehead. 

 

"It was worth the pain if I have you in return Hitomi ... you were worth the wait". She mumbled and gave Hitomi another kiss on the forehead. 

 

"But that doesn't excuse the fact that I—Hmph!?" 

 

Chaewon had surprise her with a kiss to silence her up but for another reason she just wanted to kiss the girl. 

 

After their first kiss last night she kept craving for more and surely she'll get so much more for the upcoming days. 

 

"Be my girlfriend Hitomi..." It wasn't even a question at this point. 

 

"E-ehh?"Chaewon cupped Hitomi right cheek and stare straight into Hitomi's eyes. 

 

"Be my girlfriend..." Hitomi knew she wouldn't reject Chaewon again but she suddenly felt the urge to tease the older girl. 

 

She smirked and push herself up from the bed only to get on top of Chaewon and whispered something into her ear. 

 

"I'm not that easy Chaewon unnie~ try harder". And she left straight to the bathroom with a quick kiss on Chaewon's cheek. 

 

Chaewon who was surprised at how bold Hitomi made her move but she liked it. She like this side of Hitomi, her playful side. 

 

-----------------------

 

They both were holding hands while walking through the park. It was early but they just wanted to go out together like a date. 

 

"Hitomi..." Chaewon spoke when they sat on the swings with their hands still clasped together. "Are we a thing now??"

 

"Huh?"

 

"I mean earlier you said to try harder. Does that mean I should court you?" Chaewon asked while scratching her nape. 

 

"Unnie ... I was just teasing you earlier". Hitomi blush as she turn to look away from Chaewon. 

 

"But I can still court you right??" 

 

"Unnie you can just ask me to be your girlfriend and I'll say yes in a heartbeat". Hitomi said it seriously only for Chaewon to chuckle and reach out to pinch the other girl's cheek. 

 

"I know~ but I wanna court you, can I??"

 

"H-how could I even say no to that face..." Hitomi mumbled but loud enough for Chaewon to hear making her grin. 

 

"Where do you wanna go?? I don't actually have a place in mind". She asked. 

 

"Bakery!" Hitomi said excitedly. 

 

"You still like bread that much huh? Thought you like me more". Chaewon faked a sad face. 

 

"Bread is no.1 for me but you can have that spot unnie". Hitomi said without a hint of shyness and that somehow made Chaewon blush. "Shall we go now??"

 

Chaewon nodded as they both held hands and walk across the park where a bakery is opened just a few meters away. 

 

Hitomi like a child who was excited to get her new toy jumped up and down excitedly as soon as they enter the bakery store. 

 

Chaewon could only smile at how cute the girl can be. 

 

"Waahhh~" She exclaim in amusement as she saw various of breads. 

 

But though she was busy looking at the breads, she didn't let go of Chaewon's hand. 

 

Chaewon didn't thought being like this with Hitomi again would bring her so much happiness. It was not that great before but now that the feelings are mutual it made her so happy. 

 

"Go ahead and take as many as you want Hitomi~ my treat~" Hitomi looked at Chaewon with wide eyes as that big smile didn't leave her lips. 

 

But she gasped in surprise when Hitomi out of nowhere kissed her cheek. 

 

"W-what was that for??"

 

"Can't I give you a kiss??" Chaewon shook her head and tried to fan herself. 

 

"You're really going to be the death of me..." Hitomi chuckled cutely. 

 

But she had to let go of Chaewon's hand and went to get a tray to put the breads on. While Chaewon was standing by the side waiting for Hitomi to finish picking. 

 

"Ohh? Chaewon sunbae??" 

 

"Oh it's you". Chaewon gave her and her friends a small smile as those girls bowed back towards her. 

 

"Are you here alone sunbae??"

 

"No, I actually came with someone". The freshman then thought that maybe it was just her friend so she just nodded and didn't prey. "You can call me unnie when we're out of school". 

 

"O-ohh okay unnie..." She shyly said. "D-do you wanna join us later unnie?? I-I mean we're planning to go ice skating after lunch..."

 

"Hmm I don't know. I'll have to ask my girl—" She was about to say girlfriend when the freshman cut her off. She didn't even thought Chaewon would say girlfriend. 

 

"You can bring your friend along unnie!" 

 

"I still have to ask her though. Not sure if she'll agree". Chaewon then turned to look at Hitomi who had her back facing them. She was still choosing breads. 

 

"T-then can I h-have your number?? So I could contact you later..." Her failed attempt the day before was just a first so this time she wanted to make sure to get Chaewon's number this time. 

 

"How about just give me yours. I'll text you if I can go later..." The girl nodded vigorously. Anything would be fine with her as long as she gets Chaewon's number. 

 

Chaewon hand the freshman her phone as the girl type in her number with trembling hands. 

 

"Please join us sunbae!" One of her friends said. 

 

"It'll be a lot of fun unnie!" The girl blush when Chaewon chuckled. 

 

"I'll see if I can ..." The three girls walked away and get what they were here for as Chaewon turn to look back at Hitomi. "Ohh you done??" She kept her phone and stood straight when Hitomi came towards her with paper bags. 

 

Chaewon frowned when she saw that Hitomi already paid for it. 

 

"Obviously". Chaewon raised an eyebrow at Hitomi's sarcastic tone. "I'll head home. You can go hangout with your lovely admirers". Then she just exited the bakery and Chaewon quickly followed her. 

 

"Wait Hitomi! You've misunderstood!" 

 

"I didn't. I saw it with my own eyes! What? you think I'm blind??" Chaewon smelled jealousy. She was happy that Hitomi got jealous but she needed to calm the bread addict's rage down first. 

 

"No, actually they were just inviting me to ice skating including you too. I was just being nice by telling them that I'll have to ask you because I didn't want to be rude. You dislike my rude attitude don't you?? I'm trying to change it for you Hitomi and I didn't give my number to her when she ask for it. I asked for hers but I already deleted it. If you don't believe me here look—" She was reaching for her phone when she felt a force pulling her collar forward. 

 

Hitomi kissed her again and it's like all the butterflies in the world decided to hang out inside her stomach. 

 

"I believe you now stop blabbering..." Hitomi whispered and peck Chaewon's lips again before letting go. "Sorry I got mad without asking you first but I can't help but feel mad when you smile at someone else". 

 

"Hitomi..." 

 

"It'll sound weird but Chaewon unnie, I dislike seeing you smile at your admirers that way. It makes me uneasy. I can't help but think you'd end up liking one of them and leave me behind". Hitomi said her worries and Chaewon's heart just softened at the cute fluff in front of her. "Please don't like someone else..." Chaewon pulled Hitomi into a hug when the girl's voice crack. 

 

"I promise I won't fall for anyone else but you Hitomi. You should know how crazy I am for you. That girl earlier was the same freshman who dares approach me with gifts. She actually asked for my number yesterday though ..." she let go of Hitomi and kissed her forehead. "I didn't give it to her, I told her I'm taken and that she should find someone else". 

 

"Taken?"

 

"Of course by you Hitomi but I didn't mention a name because we weren't together yet". She caress Hitomi's face with care and smiled lovingly. "You stole both my heart and breath away Hitomi. You should know how in love I am with you. You're the first to ever caught my interest Hitomi and I doubt I'd stop loving you because right now you're the only girl I have my eyes on". 

 

"You promise??" Chaewon chuckled at that cute face. 

 

"I promise~". She planted another kiss on Hitomi's forehead and took the paper bags as she reach for Hitomi's hand and intertwined their fingers together. 

 

"Now where shall we go next??" Chaewon asked after walking back to the park, swinging their hands back and forth. 

 

"Ice skating sounds fun unnie..."

 

"Really? Have you been to ice skating before??" Chaewon had it shown on her face that she completely forgot about it. 

 

"Actually I-I've never been to one but I wanted to t-try..." She looked nervous about it and Chaewon didn't know why. 

 

"Then we can go after lunch. Sounds good??" Hitomi nodded. 

 

-----------------------

 

Chaewon finally got why Hitomi suddenly wanted to go ice-skating. She turned to Hitomi with a mischievous smile. 

 

"So that's why you suddenly wanted to go ice-skating huh?? You're really something Hitomi-ssi..." Hitomi blushed as she pushed Chaewon's arm gently for the older girl to stop teasing her. 

 

Chaewon smiled wider when someone called for her. 

 

"Sunbae y-you came..." Chaewon turned to face the freshman with a small smile but it end up wider when Hitomi grab her hand. 

 

"She said she wanted to try ice-skating so yeah..." Chaewon tilted her head to look at Hitomi and smiled lovingly. 

 

"Ahh she's the friend you went to the bakery with??" She just wanted to confirm that Hitomi is just a friend not more than that and the way her eyes look at Hitomi, it's obvious she's jealous. 

 

"Yeah she's the one with me earlier ..." Then she wrapped her arms around Hitomi's shoulders, bringing the girl closer to her. "And she's my girlfriend". With a proud smile playing on her lips made Hitomi blush. 

 

She didn't think Chaewon would proudly admit it to her admirers that way but that's what she likes so much about Chaewon. She's straightforward, honest and loyal. She doesn't sugarcoat things either. 

 

"G-girlfriend??"

 

"Why do you look so shock?? I thought I mentioned it to you yesterday that I'm taken??" Chaewon really does knows how to play. 

 

"I-I thought y-you were joking..." She look down and took a few steps back. "I-I'm sorry sunbae b-but I don't think I-I can stay. I d-don't feel t-too good..." 

 

"That's sad to know but sure, go ahead. There's always a next time". 

 

'More like none'. Hitomi said to herself. 

 

The three freshman bowed to the two and left in a hurry making Chaewon laugh. 

 

"U-unnie..." Chaewon stopped laughing and turn to Hitomi but with a smile still displaying on her lips. 

 

"Yeah??"

 

"D-do you mean it?" Chaewon blinked multiple times and look rather confused. "Y-you said it earlier..." 

 

"Said what??"

 

"T-that I'm your g-girlfriend..." Before she could ad anything else, she felt herself being pulled into a tight and warm embrace. 

 

"I know I said I'll court you first before we become official but I guess I failed ..." She released Hitomi and patted her head gently. "I love you so much Hitomi... please be my girlfriend". 

 

"Do I even have a choice? You already claimed me as yours earlier". Hitomi smiled teasingly. 

 

"But that's because I wanted to prove it to you that I love you so much and I'm not afraid to show you off. I just didn't want to go around with people saying that you're my friend... I don't want to be just your friend Hitomi..." Chaewon pouted which only got her a kiss in return. 

 

"Does that mean we're official now??" Chaewon nodded. "I love you unnie~" 

 

"I love you more Hii-chan~". Chaewon pulled Hitomi into another hug. 

 

"Arghh I miss hearing you call me that Chaewon unnie~". She buried her face on Chaewon's shoulder and hug her tighter. 

 

"And I miss you ..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I love you~". They said it at the same time and a smile was immediately brought upon their faces. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If someone really loves you, no matter how many other people they meet, their feelings for you wouldn't change. A real lover can't be stolen. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'I wasn't looking for anything but when I found you and it somehow made me question what I wanted, was I ready for love? I don't think anyone is ever ready, but when someone makes you feel alive again it's kind of worth the risk so I took the risk to love you'. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'I've always wondered if there's someone out there who could sweep me off my feet and make me fall head over heels. I didn't believe there was until you came along'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'At first I refused to acknowledge my feelings towards you because one I was scared and two I was confused'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'But all those fears kinda vanish when I realized that you were slipping away and that's when I realize ...'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'I didn't want to lose you...'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'I accepted the fact that I like you- no I love you too and it was the bestest thing I've ever did'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'I'm sorry I made you waited and hurt you back then but I promise ... I won't ever hurt you again'. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'I'll love you to the moon and back'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'I'll always love you in whatever situation we might end up being in'. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'You're worth the risk and ...'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Thank you for waiting ... thank you for not giving up on me because I swear I will never give up on you. I'll hold onto you forever and I'll love you till the day I die ... I love you, I'll always love you ....'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Kim Chaewon'. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But their sweet moment ended when a loud growl was heard from the doors of the entrance. "YOU TRAITORS!!" They both look at each other and smiled before holding each other's hands. "YAHH COME BACK HERE!

 

They both laughed and ran away from their friends who were chasing after them. 

 

Their laughters were heard as they ran away from their merciless friends who were trying to catch the lovers. 

 

It doesn't matter where or what they'll be doing because they know that with just each other presence can make them happy forever. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Believe me if it's true love, it'll never be lost, it'll always be with you no matter where or when, it'll always be with you. 

 

 

 

THE END