Second

Paint The Clouds

"Ya, are you a librarian or something?" Sora crosses her arms and sighs as she looks at the mirror in front of them. 

Yuqi dusts off her dress and twirls around to check herself in the mirror. "I-it's not that bad..." she frowns. 

"Girl, we're going to a party," the girl says and opens up her closet. "And you're totally not wearing that." 

"This is all I have." Yuqi pouts slightly and plops herself down onto her bed.

"And that's why I'm letting you wear my clothes," Sora turns around as she holds a mini bodycon dress and lines it up against Yuqi's figure. "This will look cute on you."

Yuqi widens her eyes as she sees the length of the dress. It barely covers anything. "Um, y-yeah no." she lets out a fake laugh. 

"Why not?? It's sooo cute!" Sora protests. 

"You know what, I should just-"

"Ssssh!" the girl cuts her off before she could finish her sentence. "Don't say it. You're still going."

Yuqi sighs. "But I'm not wearing that." she points at the dress.

"Fine." Sora sighs in defeat. "You can wear your dress."

Yuqi smiles and nods slightly in reply. The girl isn't sure how Sora could even convinced her to go. She has never been to a party before in her life because she knows that it isn't necessarily her forte. But there she is, getting ready to go to a college party on a friday night with a roommate that she's just met. 

After spending an extra 30 minutes, Sora finally finishes her makeup. 

"Aren't you going to put something on your eyes?" she looks at Yuqi. 

"I think I'm good with just mascara." Yuqi replies and smiles. The truth is, she doesn't really know how to do makeup. 

"Okay then." she shrugs and closes her compact powder. The girl gets up from her seat after a few touch ups and takes her bag. "Let's go~" Sora links arms with Yuqi and they both walk out of the door. 

 

**

 

The blaring music and the sound of people chatting in the front porch can be heard from literally a street away and that's when they know that they're close.

"I'm so excited!~" Sora exclaims.

Yuqi let out an awkward laugh in reply. She's actually really nervous inside and the girl is slightly regretting her decision to come with her roommate 

"Lighten up roomie, you'll meet a lot of cute guys here." she teases and giggles.

The both of them enter the door and Yuqi's heart immediately starts to beat rapidly. She could see the sea of people cramping inside the house holding red cups and dancing to the beat of the loud music. The girl carefully followed her roommate down the hallway, cutting through the crowd into a living room where there are two guys and four girls sitting down the large couch. At this point, there's no turning back for Yuqi. 

"Hey guys!" Sora chirps in excitement as she plops down the couch.

"Jeon Sora's here~" one of them exclaims and immediately hands her a red cup. 

All of them then turn their attention towards Yuqi, who's just awkwardly standing there. 

"Who's this?" one of the guys suddenly asks as he eyes the girl from the distance. 

"Ah, this is Song Yuqi everybody. My new roommie." Sora introduces her. 

The girl eyes her from head to toe. "Where did you find her? Church?" she suddenly retorts and laughs.

Yuqi could feel her heart sinks slightly, but she tries to keep her expression bold even though all she wants to do is go home. 

"Ya, don't be mean." the other girl says. 

"So this is Seulgi, Wendy, Yeri, and Joy." Sora speaks, introducing them to her. "And this is Jaehyun oppa and that's Mark Lee." she continues. 

"Hi," Yuqi waves shyly. 

"You can sit down," Joy says and scoots to make room for her. 

"Ah, thanks." Yuqi smiles.

"Oh, where's Lucas?" Sora suddenly asks as she looks around. 

"Here." a voice suddenly booms as a guy steps into the room.

Yuqi's gaze shifts up to look at him.

"Ah, Lucas Wong, Song Yuqi." Sora points at her as he shifts his gaze toward the girl. "Song Yuqi, Lucas Wong." she says nonchalantly.

Yuqi's gaze meets his and in that moment, for some reason, the girl feels her heart skips a beat.