First

Paint The Clouds

"Are you sure you're going to be alright?" 

"Mom, I'll be fine." Yuqi assures her, holding both of her hands.

"Well okay, but make sure you tell me if you need anything."

"Yes ma'am." she smiles.

"I love you Song Yuqi." her mom says while hugging her tightly.

"I'm gonna miss you so much mom." Yuqi slightly sniffles.

"Call me, okay?" the old lady looks at her warmly as she tucks Yuqi's hair behind her ear. 

"I will."

"Alright, I'll get going then." she says, giving Yuqi one last hug before walking to her car.

"Bye ma!" she waves.

Yuqi sighs deeply as she watches the vehicle pulling away. Growing up being an only child and having no father figure around, she spends most of her time with her mother. This is her first time being so far away from home and it's definitely something new for her. 

She puts both of her hands in her pockets and walks back into the dormitory. Starting college is nerve wracking for every freshman. There are so many new things to learn and so many things to adapt to. Not to mention the anxiety you go through when you first meet your roommate and the thoughts of having no friends. It's tough.

Yuqi walks up the stairs and makes her way down to the very last room in the hallway. She hasn't met her roommate yet since she wasn't there when Yuqi moved all of her stuff in. She knows for sure that she's a sophomore. 

She twists the door knob and pushes the door open. 

"Hey roomie." a voice suddenly says. 

Yuqi closes the door behind her and looks to her left in instant. "Oh, h-hey." she smiles, slightly flustered. 

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." the girl with the blonde hair chuckles as she leans back to her pillow. 

"Oh no it's fine. I just didn't know you're here." Yuqi replies, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"I'm Jeon Sora by the way." 

"Song Yuqi." she introduces herself. "It's nice to meet you." she says while fiddling with her fingers. 

"Likewise." Sora replies nonchalantly. "So what are you studying here?" she asks as she grabs a nail file and starts filing her nails. 

"Art." Yuqi smiles. "You?"

"Business." 

"Oh nice." she replies. 

"Yup."

There's a moment of pause between the two. Yuqi is just standing by the door looking around the room trying to avoid meeting Sora's gaze accidentally. The girl can feel the tense atmosphere forming and it's getting really awkward since none of them are talking now. 

After a few moments, Sora sits up and walks towards her. "So, do you party?" she asks, looking at Yuqi .

"Um, not really." she rubs the back of her neck. 

Sora sighs as she puts her hands on her shoulder. "It's friday. I'm taking you to one tonight."  

Yuqi's eyes widen slightly as she laughs awkwardly. "Yeah, I don't know about that." 

Sora looks a her, raising a brow. "Why is that?"

"Um- I'm just not the party type." she forces a smile.

"Oh c'mon." Sora rolls her eyes. "You're going." she says and plops herself back onto her bed.

Yuqi gulps as she makes her way to her desk. 

"Dude loosen up. It's college." Sora chuckles. "That's where you make friends too." 

"I'll see about that." Yuqi purses her lips into a thin line as she sits down. 

 

**

 

"Yo, I'll make sure all of the freshman girls are coming tonight." 

Lucas laughs. "Do whatever you want bro." he says while eyeing the white ball. 

"Maybe you can finally find someone." Jaehyun smirks as he leans against the pool table, waiting for his turn. 

The boy scoffs. "I'm good." 

Jaehyun watches him aiming the cue stick.

"I'm just here to have a good time." Lucas says as he gives the white ball a nudge. The ball rolls towards the corner and touches the other one, sending it rolling towards the hole and making a soft thud.