Stay With Me

Stay WIth Me

The weather was great that day. Sunny but breezy. A good day to get comfy at home. Siwon had bought some pork ribs from a restaurant nearby. He brought it to his lover's house, knowing how much he loves it. He rang the doorbell. He could enter the password to unlock the door, but he did not want to startle his beloved.

 

The door opened and he was greeted by Shindong. Shindong was being cheeky as he always was, standing behind the door with only half his face showing.

 

"I bought us some pork ribs", Siwon said as he walked in. He waved the food up and closed the door.

Shindong's eyes lit up. He hugged Siwon to thank him. He took the pork ribs and went to the kitchen.

 

"I've missed you", Shindong said from the kitchen. "Finally, we have some free time for ourselves."

 

Siwon could hear the happiness in Shindong's voice. Both of them had been busy with their own schedules. Siwon had been traveling all around the world for his organization. Shindong has been busy directing videos and editing them. They barely had any rest but spending time together was what they really needed. Comforting texts from each other isn't enough. They need each other's touch. That is Siwon's love language, after all.

 

Shindong joined Siwon on the living room couch. He placed two glasses of water and a plate of pork ribs on the table. They watched the television as they munched on the ribs and update each other on their lives. Siwon had his arm around Shindong.

 

"Can you stay over tonight?" Shindong asked Siwon while pouting. He always pouts when he wants something.

 

"Sure, I don't have any early appointments to go to tomorrow" Siwon replied after checking his phone calendar. He gave Shindong a gentle kiss on his forehead.

 

Shindong was delighted. It had been so long since they could spend the night together. The two were enjoying their quality time together when Siwon's phone suddenly rang. Heechul's name appeared on the screen. Siwon picked up the call. Shindong put his ear against the phone as well to listen.

 

"Siwon-ah. Can you go over to Hyukjae's house and mediate the situation? They are having the usual relationship problem again," Heechul said over the phone in a rush.

 

"What did Donghae do this time?" Siwon asked as his eyebrows furrowed.

 

"I don't know but Hyukjae called Leeteuk saying Donghae won't leave his house when he told him to. Then Donghae called me crying and all. Look, I can't go there because I have to record for Knowing Brothers soon. Can you just go over and make sure Donghae stops crying? Send him home or something."

 

Shindong overheard the phone conversation. He took Siwon's phone from his grip.

 

"Hyung, he's with me right now. Can you ask someone else to settle this? It's probably the usual fight again. They can settle it themselves. They'll probably have makeup soon anyway" Shindong told Heechul.

 

"Ya @#%$^$%! I'm talking to Siwon, not you. Give him back the phone." Heechul scolded him over the phone.

 

Siwon continued talking to Heechul on the phone. Shindong was now seated further from Siwon on the couch with his arms crossed. Siwon ended the call with Heechul. He knew Shindong was sulking. He sat nearer to Shindong and gently kissed his cheek.

 

"I'll be back soon okay," Siwon said as he caressed Shindong's chin.

 

"The drive to Hyukjae's house is more than half an hour. Who knows how long you need to stop them from arguing? And it's already night-time now. Can you not?" Shindong tried to convince Siwon to stay. "You said you would stay the night?"

 

"I'll be back before you fall asleep"

 

Siwon got up from the couch. Shindong grabbed his hand.

 

"Baby, just stay with me. Stay for me, please." Shindong pouted.

 

This was his final attempt to make Siwon stay. The day went well, and he wanted it to end it well too, not interrupted by anything. Siwon did not reply him. Instead, he took the glasses and plate to the kitchen. Shindong was disappointed and sad at the same time. He went straight into the bedroom without saying anything else. He climbed into bed and hid under the cover. I can't BELIEVE he prioritize other's relationship than his own. Shindong thought to himself.

 

Siwon washed the dished, turned off the television and the living room lights. He went into bed to cuddle Shindong.

 

"I thought you were going to Hyukjae's house?" Shindong asked without turning to look at Siwon.

 

"You're right. They'll probably have makeup . I don't want to disturb their moment. I want to enjoy this moment with you and watch you fall asleep in my arms." Siwon wrapped his arm around Shindong and kissed the back of his neck.

 

Shindong turned around to face Siwon. He buried his face into Siwon's chest and drifted off to sleep.