Chapter 1

Sloth: Impromptu Vacation

There were a million things that Kim Namjoon loved in the world, but none of those could ever compare to the love that he held for his husband Kim Seokjin. Namjoon has loved Seokjin since their first meeting five years ago when they bumped into one another and forever stained Jin's shirt with ink as dark as night.

Cupid might as well have fired a nuclear powered missile at Namjoon's heart with how hard he fell for the culinary arts student.

To date Namjoon felt that same thrilling elation that came with discovering first love every day he was able to wake up with his husband in his arms.

Unfortunately for them, the time that they got to spend together had shortened exponentially over the past two years.

Their afternoons began to wane until they only saw each other briefly before sleeping if they were lucky. Sometimes Namjoon only saw Seokjin when he woke up earlier than five in the morning. Even then it was only for a few minutes before the day began and Seokjin was ripped out of his arms and they both rushed out of the house.

Weekends were better, but only marginally so.

Seokjin was a restaurant owner and thus barely had any time off from his establishment. While Namjoon was the CEO and largest shareholder of an up and coming entertainment company. His job never ended either, he was always either composing, producing, penning down music, holding meetings, reviewing the budget, or dozens of other things.

Neither of their jobs ever ended really.

Once more Namjoon had woken himself up at the early hours of dawn, ten minutes before Seokjin's first alarm would ring and start off his day. He blinked and yawned away the remnants of his sleep and nuzzled further into the warmth pressed against his chest. Seokjin was still asleep, his head slotted underneath Namjoon's chin. Namjoon smiled when he felt his husbands soft breaths against his skin, he was finally awake enough to be aware of the gentle action.

Namjoon couldn't help the feeling of nostalgia that overcame him as he looked down to his sleeping husband. He missed this, laying in bed well into the day with Jin snuggled against him and Namjoon curled around him in return. He couldn't even remember when they last shared one of these rare moments for more than three seconds.

Namjoon's sadness lasted all but a second as he realized that the solution to their problem was so stupidly simple it was laughable. If Namjoon wanted to spend time with Seokjin, why didn't he just do it?

He was the head of his own company, what was he going to do? Fire himself? Of course not, that would be idiotic. And the same could be said about Seokjin's situation, Jin was the owner of his restaurant. He couldn't face any higher punishment than himself. Why hadn't he realized this sooner? Freedom was really within their reach the entire time and both of them were too blind to see it. And truth be told, Namjoon was slightly miffed at himself for not coming to that conclusion sooner.

So, Namjoon made an executive decision. The world would just have to do without him and his husband until he was good and ready to get back to it.

But before Namjoon could turn his back to the world, there were a few things that needed to be taken care of. With a tremendous sense of reluctance, Namjoon eased his arms away from Seokjin and regretted every second of it. Letting go of his husband was the last thing that Namjoon wanted to do, and only the knowledge that it was temporary and needed kept him from gluing himself to Jin's side.

Namjoon stood and stretched his limbs until his joints and spine gave a satisfying pop. He sent one last lingering look in Seokjin's direction and silently promised to return soon, Namjoon stepped out of the bedroom his phone in his hand.

Before the call could reach a third ring a sleepy voice answered the call. "Namjoon-nim, good morning! I'm sorry I haven't emailed your schedule over yet, it is ready-"

"That's great, Jungkook!" Namjoon interrupted, "And don't worry about not sending it over, I won't be needing it."

"Won't be needing it?" Jungkook parroted. "Why wouldn't you need your schedule Namjoon-nim?"

"Because as of this moment, you're in charge of the company. Congrats on the temporary CEO position, kid."

There was a thud on the other end of the line and for a moment Namjoon thought that he had lost the call, but then there was rustling on the other end and Jungkook was back. "I'm sorry, I'm what? Namjoon-nim I can't be in charge for the day!"

"You're right Kookie," Namjoon conceded, with a grateful nod the other couldn't see. "A day is way too short. I'm going to need you to be in charge for the entire week, Monday through Friday. You know the ins and outs of the company as well as I do you'll be fine. But if you need any help, call up Yoongi he'll give you a hand with whatever you need."

"But hyung!" Jungkook had lost the formal honorifics and the sleepy touch to his voice. "Are you okay? What's going on?"

"Everything is great Kookie, I'm just finally making use of my vacation days," Namjoon reassured his young assistant. "I know its short notice and I'm sorry for dumping this on you. I'll give a better warning next time, I promise. But I trust your judgement and know that you're capable of keeping the company from going up in flames, so don't worry so much plus the CEO pay this week is all yours."

"But Namjoon hyung we have that meeting today with Big Hit and their rookie group…" Jungkook's voice was pleading and though Namjoon could sympathize, he knew he couldn't give in.

"I have my utmost confidence in you Jeon Jungkook, you'll be fine. Just tell Bang-sshi that I came down with some horrible stomach flu and I'm indisposed. I have to make a few more calls so I have to go. Good luck kid, fighting!"

Namjoon heard a final call of his name before he ended the call and smiled in self satisfaction. That was one down.

"Jiminnie!" Namjoon greeted when his second call went through. "I know it's morning and I'm sorry, I would have texted you but I don't think this is the sort of thing you should do over text. Better to just say it and not explain it over a series of exchanged characters, you know?"

"Uh, Joon? Should I be concerned?" Jimin asked through a yawn.

"Nope. I just wanted to let you know that Jin will be out all week, and we're gonna have our phones off so you'll be in charge of the restaurant. Oh, and if you could tell Yoongi to look after Kookie at Rkive for me that would be great!"

"Wait! Wait, wait!" Now he was awake, "What do you mean Jin will be out all week, is he okay? Are you okay?"

"Better than ever, and Jin is perfectly fine. We'll just be having an impromptu vacation and I would really appreciate it if you could look after the restaurant, Jiminnie."

"You're gonna go through with it no matter what I say, aren't you?" Jimin sighed, and Namjoon took too much delight in his friend's defeat.

"That's right."

"Fine, I'll do it," Jimin groaned. "But only because I know that Jin hyung really needs some time off."

"You're the best Jimin! Love you, see you in a week!"

Jimin laughed, "Sure, love you too hyung!"

Namjoon smiled and patted himself for a job well done. The calls had gone smoother than he had hoped.

Glancing at the clock, Namjoon hurried back into the master bedroom, shut his and Seokjin's phone off, unplugged the demonic clock he didn't entirely know how to work, and slipped back under the covers with Seokjin back in his arms.


 

"-up!" Namjoon felt a hand shake his shoulder. "Damn it, Namjoon wake up or I swear I will push you off of this bed."

"No, don't do that!" Namjoon whined and reached out, wrapping his arms around Seokjin and pulling his husband to him until he was pressing his nose flush against Seokjin's chest.

"No. Off Joonie!" Seokjin groaned, swatting at Namjoon's arms and shoulders. "We're late as it is, none of our alarms went off and the clock is dead so I don't know what time it is."

"It's cuddle time." Namjoon returned, unfazed by the taps on his arms and wrapping his legs around his husband as well.

"Namjoon! This is really not the time to be fooling around!" Seokjin scolded, doubling his efforts at removing Namjoon from himself. "We slept in Joonie, we have to go now."

"Nnn, no we don't," Namjoon drawled lazily. "We have the week off."

Jin scoffed. "Don't be silly Joon-ah. You and I don't get days off, much less a week."

"Ah, but that's where you're wrong Jinnie," Namjoon pulled away from Jin far enough to where he could look up at his bewildered lover. "As of this morning, you and I are on vacation! No work, no getting up earlier than the asscrack of dawn, no worrying about our rude customers, no stressing about deadlines. Nothing. Just you, me, and doing absolutely nothing."

"Joon, love," Seokjin said the words slowly, carefully. "That can't be possible. You and I can't just play hooky, our jobs don't allow us! The restaurant needs me, the production studio depends on you we can't just not show up for work!"

"On the contrary, Jinnie. We can do just that, and we did." Namjoon grinned, knowing very well that his dimples were in full display.

"Kim Namjoon," again there was that calmness, "I need to go to work."

"Not this week you don't," Namjoon was adamant and reinforced his words with squeezing Seokjin with his limbs. "It's been taken care of, Jimin is holding down the restaurant, Kookie has the studio and Yoongi's there to help him. Trust me it's okay."

Even though he had stopped struggling Seokjin didn't look at all pleased with the situation. "We can't just abandon everything just like that Namjoon, we're not kids anymore we have obligations and priorities."

"Jinnie," Namjoon sighed and pressed their foreheads together. "You should always be my top priority. And I've really missed you lately, so so much. I miss being able to see you for more than just a few seconds late at night and early morning, I miss being close enough to hold you, being able to talk to you face to face and see you. I miss this, I miss us, I miss you."

Seokjin's pout dissolved as he listened and a new tenderness entered his expression at Namjoon's confession. "Oh Joonie…"

Namjoon could hear the apology on his husbands lips and quickly shook his head, "Sh, no apologies. It's not your fault anymore than it's mine. We both got carried away with our jobs and we, at least I, didn't realize it. It happens, and the best way we can remedy it is by taking time away from work, don't you think?"

Seokjin smiled, touched with the sentiment. "We could have taken the weekend off."

At that Namjoon scrunched up his nose, "A weekend is not enough, do you know how many years I've gone without you? I would take forever off of work for you, but I think that's a little excessive."

"Just a little." Seokjin agreed, a smile in his voice. "But a week?"

"I need my Jin-time." Namjoon defended and snuggled into Seokjin's chest, smiling when it shook with laughter and Jin finally calmed down, settling his chin atop Namjoon's head. "So, what's the plan?"

"Well I didn't think that I would get this far so easily, I was ready to tie you to the bed just to keep you from work."

"I see, so that's what you're after, Joonie." Seokjin laughed, teasing.

Namjoon's face reddened and he groaned, "Hyung, no! I really just want to be here with you. Sleep in and order take out and cuddle and watch movies and-"

Seokjin chuckled and tilted Namjoon's face up so he could shut his rambling off with a soft kiss, pulling away after a few wonderful moments. "Shh, I know I was just teasing, but that plan sounds lovely… I missed this too. We'll look at our schedules later and work it out to where we'll stop overworking ourselves and go out on dates every week, how does that sound?"

"Perfect." Namjoon grinned, and Seokjin mirrored the action.


A/N: And this concludes my participation in Namjin Week, I was originally planning on making something for every day of the week and thus every sin, but my plans didn't pan out... I will be completing the rest of the sins I had planned though so worry not ^^;; I just don't know when it will be completed since I have to juggle that with Trivia Love... let me know what sin you would like to see ^^ ♥