About you

ABOUT YOU

In a half-empty building, the piano played quietly. A sad melody penetrated the hearts of music company employees who were preparing to go home. Many of them knew that it was being rehearsed by Kim DaHyun, one of the members of the company's female group. Usually she stayed longer than the rest of the members to practice the keys. Always a cheerful and open for communication girl in such moments when she played the piano, she became a different person. The playfulness disappeared, the smile shining in the morning, too, the light went out in my eyes, which kept everyone in good shape until the very end of the day.

DaHyun returned again in those days when she dreamed of becoming an artist, giving her heart to everyone who wanted to hear him. She sat alone in the rehearsal room, flipping through famous tunes, starting to play, sometimes singing along, but more often penetrating into the melody of the song. At such moments, she was one that even members did not see.

Now bowing her head, her fingers gently ran through the keys, playing the melody that she lived a long time ago, but was never finished. Only the beginning, only one minute. She tried to compose further, but stopped something. Something did not allow to go further. But the girl was not upset, she just continued to play that minute, time after time. Sad eyes and the same smile painted her face at that moment. A tune of memories of the past that is impossible to forget.

The door where DaHyun was playing quietly opened, and the manager entered. The manager stood for a while without disturbing the game, then cleared , warning that the girl was not alone now. DaHyun did not stop playing that melody, she barely turned her head to show that she was hearing it.

- DaHyun-si, it's time. The director wants to see you.

“Good,” the girl answered, finishing the last chord, closed the piano lid, it on a smooth surface. - I'm sorry, I have to part with you, but do not be sad, okay? I'll be back to you,” she said the piano, touched it again, walked away.

She looked around, as if memorizing every object in the room. Then she removed it from the table, checked whether everything was turned off, put everything in place, looked at herself in the mirror hanging in front of the entrance. Her dark brown eyes looked at her, and a faint smile adorned her pale lips.

“Unnie, I have a request for you if you can convey this letter to Jihyo-unnie - I took out a small folded sheet with the name on it from the side pocket of my backpack.

“Just for her?” - clarified the manager, taking the letter from the girl’s hands and hiding it in his jacket pocket.

“Yes, she is a leader, it’s easier that way,” answered DaHyun, opening the doors and leaving the room without turning. “Unnie, what about my stuff?” To me again ...

-You don't have to come back, - her manager reassured, patting her shoulder. - As long as you had a schedule today, I was able to collect your things, and they are now in the car.

-Thank you, unnie, - the girl smiled weakly, skipping forward when the elevator doors opened.

Having pressed to the 4th floor, they silently went upstairs, also without talking, walked down the corridor, to the end, where the door with the inscription “Pak Jin-yong” was ajar. We knocked, went inside. PD-nim was sitting in his chairlistening to some kind of demo disk on the computer. She raised her face to the girls who entered, stopped the recording, twisting her fingers, asked:

-Have you finally decided to do this, DaHyun-si?

-Yes, - the girl said firmly, looking directly into his eyes. - If you do not agree to my terms, then I will have to leave the group and the company.

“Is that reason so important to you?”

-Yes, important — she made sure her voice didn't flinch when she answered him.

“You say you need a week, yes?” - waiting for a return nod, scratched his chin. - You are returning in April, before that you have a tour in Japan, your dream has come true.

“Yes, it did, we waited a long time for such an opportunity,” DaHyun confirmed, awkwardly shifting, but she did not look away. - I understand that with my request the entire prepared plan is violated. But, this is the case when I am ready to sacrifice everything, if only to board today's flight and fly away.

“Just as I thought you wouldn’t convince you,” sighed Park Jin-yong , exchanging glances with the manager, who simply shrugged in response. “Okay, I'll let you go for two weeks. We thought and decided that we would answer the questions of your fans, I will also talk with JiHyo and warn her about your absence. Did you tell any of the members?

- No. I wrote a letter for JiHyo-unnie, the manager will give her today, after I board the plane.

- Good. While they will rehearse without you, then when you return, you have to catch up with them. Can you handle it? - inquired, knowing the answer perfectly.

“I can handle it, you know me.”

- I know, therefore, I give the green light to your departure - he looked at the watch on the phone, then smiled affably, fatherly. - Will you call when you land?

-Yes, but only then. Then I turn off my phone, and I won’t ring until I say that I’m coming back. In addition, where I’m going to have a bad connection, or rather, there is practically no connection there. Thank you for entering my position, Appa bowed deeply, thanking him with all my heart.

- Go, you have to go. Remember, two weeks - the producer finally recalled, awkwardly waving his hand.

-Thank you, - she bowed for the last time, turned away, and hurried out.

A manager followed her, but stopped halfway, turned around, looked at the producer’s sad smile, saw him wiping a rolling tear on his cheek. She wanted to say that she took care of DaHyun, but she changed her mind, just decided to do it.

***

30 minutes later, she said goodbye to a girl who passed through the landing control. She watched as light skin, hidden in baggy clothes, removed with every step, until it completely disappeared behind the transparent doors. The manager did everything so that no one recognized the girl. And a couple of times she crossed herself when they passed the airport hall. Thank God no one understood what Kim DaHyun is hiding behind these clothes. Several times I was convinced that no one was taking it on the phone, wished that luck:

- Be sure to write what flew, okay? And please call. I will wait for a call or SMS in two weeks.

-Agreed, unnie. Thank you - they both heard a voice ringing in the loudspeaker, warning the passengers that there were only a few minutes before departure.

The manager waited until the plane took off from the landing strip, only after that she called the producer, saying that everything went fine. After she returned to the parked car, started the engine, turning the steering wheel, left to the right on the roadway. Her path lay to the hostel, one more unfinished business remained. Need to deliver a letter to the leader.

-Whatever reason you had for your departure, Dubu, come back soon, - the manager said to herself.

She allowed herself to pronounce the nickname DaHyun, because in the presence of the girl she was shy. It seemed to her that she should keep herself professional, a fan of the group, in particular Kim DaHyun, she could be out of work.

She drove up to the hostel, left the car near the entrance, entered the building. Having passed the corridor, I was in the right place, pressed the bell. The younger Tzuyu opened the door, she greeted affably, let her into the apartment.

-Ayumi-unnie , where's DaHyun? - peering behind her back the smiling face of a friend, but not finding anyone.

-I need to talk to all of you. Please, gather in the living room - the manager asked.

Hearing the seriousness in her voice, JiHyo instantly called all the members. 8 girls were sitting on the couch, waiting for the manager to say.

-I want to talk about DaHyun, - the manager began. - She will be absent for two weeks for personal reasons.

-Ha ha, don't joke like that, Ayumi-unnie, - Sana laughed, not believing what she heard. - Tofu didn't tell us anything ...

- It is not joke. Three days ago, she came up to me, and then to Park Jin-yong and asked to give her the opportunity to leave for a couple of days. More precisely, she asked for a week.

-But why now? - exclaimed Nayeon.

- She did not explain the reason, something personal.

-I don't believe you, unnie - she quickly began to type, but getting a rejection. - What happened? - not understandingly looked at the screen, asked JiHyo.

-DaHyun has already flown away, - she answered simply. - I took her on a plane 40 minutes ago. Before she left, she asked me to give you a letter, JiHyo - taking out the letter and giving it to the numbed girl.

Chaeyoung took the letter, carefully holding it in her hands, laid it on the leader’s open palm. Her expression was unreadable, she was just waiting for an explanation.

- Park Jin-yong will talk to you tomorrow, and now I’ll probably go - the manager has become somehow awkward in an oppressive atmosphere. - And yet, DaHyun will only be back in two weeks.

- Two weeks? - Nayeon asked in syllables, biting her lower lip, thinking. - But you said a week.

- The producer allowed two weeks. Tomorrow you will learn everything from him yourself as soon as you could, you packed up and left, not forgetting what to remind about tomorrow's schedule.

After her departure, there was silence in the room, no one dared to break it until the timid voice of Tzuyu returned them:

-Unnie, what is DaHyunie writing there?

“Ah, yes,” JiHyo came to her senses, unfolding the letter.

Everyone grouped around her, began to read what was written together. But from what everyone read in a voice, they did not understand what was written. Therefore, the leader took the right word:

-Let me read it, and you just listen.

“To Leader JiHyo-unnie.

I'm sorry I didn’t find the courage to tell about the reason for my departure. I know that you all noticed how strange I became about a week ago. You were silent, giving me a chance to say everything myself, but forgive me, it turned out to be a coward. My favorite Unnie waiting to be stupid, dongsae tell about their experiences. Sorry, unnie, I love you. But I think that I could not reveal to you the true reason, and I think that when I return too, I will remain silent. There is a reason, but it is very personal for me. You do not think that I do not trust you, you are my support, my reliable support, but, excuse me.

I'll be back in two weeks.

I love you, do not be bored without me.

Your Tofu-DaHyun.

P. s. The phone is turned off, and I do not plan to enter the network. I turned them off as soon as I got on the plane, I even took out a SIM card so that there was no temptation to call.

Dubu ".

-She really did, stupid DaHyunie, - said Chaeyoung sadly, finally realizing that her “ bro ” would not be home today.

-This is much worse than when we sent her to the show “The Real Man, - Momo agreed, hugging maknae's shoulders.

-Yes, at least we knew where she was. And now, we ...

-... in hopelessness, - Sana finished the sentence, frowning sadly. - What could be the reason?

-I don’t know, but I hope the director will tell us tomorrow.

 

POV DaHyun

The place I came to, different from the bustle of the city - calm and quiet nature. I was sure that here I would regain balance, which was taken from me by letter in the mail. A small town, without the Internet and telephone, has existed since I moved here at the age of 10. The truth did not stay long, just a year. But thanks to this year, I am now practicing, the piano and doing what I love, performing on stage, giving joy and warmth from our songs.

I would stay and admire the scenery that surrounds the station where I got off the train, but they already met me.

The woman hurried to me when she reached, hugged her tightly and said:

“Have you arrived, DaHyun?” I thought you weren’t coming, otherwise your letter is just a joke.

“You don’t need to say that, Madame Lee, and I will always come by a single call.” Does she know I'm here? - after a short hug, DaHyun asked.

- No, she does not know, we thought we would make a pleasant surprise.

“ I hope that she will be delighted to see me here - the girl laughed awkwardly, following the woman who led her towards the town. “I see that nothing has changed here since I left.” All the same.

- Yes, nothing has changed, everything is the same. Only our life has changed, but nature has remained the same - the woman agreed, walking slowly along the road. “I would like to warn you, therefore I escaped from home.” My husband wanted to go to meet you, but ...

- Mr. Lee? Is he here too? I will be glad to meet him, I have only the most pleasant memories with him.

“Yes, he also said,” the woman nodded, pausing and turning to face her. “She's changed, DaHyun, very much.” This is not the girl you remember from childhood. She…

- Doctor, what did he say? - DaHyun decided to change the course in matters, realizing that further secular manners will not help. The girl knew where she was going, and you can’t postpone further.

- The disease is progressing. She had a couple of days, maybe weeks, she just couldn’t say. Doctor, he said that everything will be decided in three days. If she outlives them, then perhaps there is a chance. Small, but still there.

“I will do everything for this, Ms. Li.” You know, I’m her sunny tofu - DaHyun smiled sadly, embraced the woman timidly. She reciprocated, not noticeably erasing tears.

***

We did not go long. I perfectly remembered such a route to their house. After all, I often ran here to hear how he plays the piano. When we moved here because of my father’s work, I thought that I would die of boredom. There was nothing interesting here, except that only books or if you are interested, then there was still a drawing club. No more fun. I went home myself after the next meeting in the book club, when I heard a faint sound from the forest. Curiosity dawned on me, and I was here, opposite the large window from where the melody sounded. Standing on tiptoe, she looked inside, and was fascinated. Not only a pretty girl playing the piano, but also a beautiful melody. Then I wanted to become the same as her.

And now, after so many years of separation, I’m standing next to your house again, Minoyon , and soon I will see you again, look into your living eyes, I wonder if I will see myself in them or not?

The piano did not play when I entered the house, but they told me that now it is next to it, on the second floor. Near the stairs I was greeted by a fat cat, which tumbled toward the kitchen. Noticing me, he first pricked up his ears, but then relaxed, he approached me rubbed his foot, as if welcoming. I leaned towards him, gently scratched behind my ear, his back.

“Second floor, at the end of the corridor,” the woman said, crouching beside the cat and hugging him.

“Yes, I remember,” DaHyun said softly, leaving her bag near the stairs, climbing the stairs herself.

In the corridor, she met a tall man, aged, but not lost in beauty. He smiled with his eyes alone, put his arms around his shoulders, pressed him tightly to himself, whispered:

“I'm glad you're here, honey.” She is not sleeping. Just don't be surprised when you see her.

“Don't worry about me, Mr. Lee, I'm strong.”

I stood in front of the doors with a cute inscription "Chu-chu" and a cute picture of a little chicken under it, did not dare to knock. I tuned myself, crossing out from my subconscious the image of the girl whom I remembered in order to reduce the pain that would overwhelm me as soon as I crossed the threshold of her room. After taking a couple of deep breaths, I finally raised my hand and knocked, not waiting for the invitation to enter.

- Surprise!

- DaHyun?! - a voice exclaimed weakly somewhere from the side of a small bed, which stood near the window. - What are you doing here?

“Hi, Minyeon-unnie, ” she tried to smile, and it worked out for me, although my heart ached from what I saw. I did not expect to see her so frail and pale. She seemed to have lost her radiance. “You yourself called me, so you ask me what I'm doing here - you came closer to the bed, stood over her, looking at every dash on a familiar face.” - And you girlfriend turned pale, well, nothing, I'm here. My radiance is enough for the two of us.

I did not get hung up on what I saw, decided to pretend that I did not see, and did not understand her condition. She smiled gratefully at me, she now does not need pity, she needs something else.

- I didn’t go out for a long time, that’s all. There was no one to walk with - a thin hand emerged from under the blanket and reached for me.

She took it in her hands without a delay, gently squeezed it, giving her energy. She sat on the edge of the bed, then laid her head on her chest, listened to the steady rhythm of the heart. She covered her eyes, took a deep breath, then whispered softly:

“I'm sorry I came back so long, Unnie - the hand my hair stopped , then continued to .

“The main thing is that you re time, DaHyun.” You are here with me now, it will be easier for me.

***

The morning at the hostel began the same way. The girls woke up, kept themselves in order, watched what schedule was today, waited for the manager’s car, and drove on schedule. Usually they had a piece of paper in front of the entrance, where minutes were painted, how long it took to go to the bathroom, and who was following whom.

Tzuyu entered the room wiping her face with a towel, passing the leader’s makne’s bed, said:

-Dubu-unnie, the bathroom is free.

-She is not here, Tzu, - replied Chaeyoung's voice instead of the leader, sliding down her bed.

- She is already? When did it happen? - Do not understand maknae, hung a towel on his shoulder, looked at her friend.

- Tzuyu, she is not here - highlighting each syllable, Chaeyoung repeated. - Our Dahyunie flew somewhere yesterday and will return only after two weeks. Do you remember?

- A…

When they got into the car, JiHyo, as usual, counted the girls so as not to forget anyone. The manager started the engine, was ready to go to the first schedule according to the schedule, when she was suddenly called:

-Ayumi-unnie , wait!

- What? What? - the manager looked sideways, surprised by the loud voice of the girl.

-DaHyun hasn’t come yet. Let's wait for her, - JiHyo asked, holding the car door open, looking forward to leaving the hostel, but no one was walking.

-Unnie, - Chaeyoung called from the passenger compartment, and when she looked at her questioningly, she added - two weeks, remember?

-... Ah, yes, exactly. Sorry, it’s just not familiar that ... well, we're all here, let's go Ayumi-unnie ...

They had a short break during the day, instead of ordering food, they decided to go for a snack in a nearby cafe, just opposite the building where they shot advertisements for new autumn clothes.

We sat down at the table, the waiter came over, Nayeon and Jeongyeon volunteered to order dinner. Nayeon confidently began to list dishes for JiHyo, Sana, Mina and Momo, and Jeongyeon continued the order for the rest.

The waiter wrote down everything, asked them to wait a bit. When he walked away, everyone looked oddly at Jeongyeon's smiling face.

-Is there something on my face?

-No, everything is fine, but why did you order DaHyun too? - Momo asked, sitting next to her.

- That is ... - looking around and not seeing the girl mentioning, then the pleased expression turned into embarrassing when she realized the meaning of the dumb looks. - Excuse me ... As our leader said earlier, it is not customary not to see her here with us.

In the evening, when the fanning was taking place, everyone, as one, felt the absence of Kim DaHyun. She always helped them out when conversations and games came to a standstill. Fans did not ask, they knew that DaHyun was preparing for the next show, which would be something like the "Law of the Jungle." So said JYP on the group’s official website. They were already looking forward to seeing their pet in action.

When they returned home, the atmosphere in the car was depressing, so when she went outside her dormitory, JiHyo said:

- We need everyone to talk about the upcoming state of affairs.

All silently agreed.

 

POV DaHyun

From that day I did everything so that her laugh sounded in the house. I came up with different things, stupid, sometimes meaningless, but they worked. Sadness and longing left home, in her eyes I saw life again. The pallor of his cheeks disappeared, a blush appeared, and the body gradually gained weight. And the voice, her beautiful, slightly hoarse voice, returned again.

We were happy.

We thought: Maybe ...

Imaginary joy.

After all, the reality was that every day her life died out.

The doctor came, examined, and always said the same thing:

“Weeks, or maybe days.”

We fought together, I made her talk and remember, and once I wondered, looking at the scribbled pieces of paper on the table:

- You know, unnie, I noticed here that here are not notes, but words, do you write songs? Why did you stop playing the piano?

- I didn’t drop it, I just transferred my melody to letters - leaning on me, the girl answered, it was still difficult for her to stand on her feet. - Before your arrival ... well, no, forget it. .. - she waved it off.

-Did you want to share something with me? - I looked closely, tried to catch a look of gray eyes, but they inexorably slipped away from me. I gently lifted my chin, and held until she looked at me. - About what? Please tell me unnie.

- This is stupid - I was waiting for the continuation, so she sighed, said. - Before your arrival, I remembered one melody that you and I composed then. You played the piano, and I sat next to you and corrected your mistakes. Do you remember?

- Of course I remember! And how! - I smiled broadly, gently looking into her eyes. - After I received the letter, it was this melody ... Ha ha ha, remember how I tried to play it? I was determined to play decisively, although I did not yet know all the notes. You corrected me all the time, sometimes annoyed when I bent mine.

-We had a fight for the first time that day, and you haven't talked to me for two days, - Minyoen reminded .

- Yes, I could not stand the separation with you, therefore, I came to ask for forgiveness ...

- ... in the form of a musical gift ...

-…with mistakes…

- ... but I was happy that you came - finished, smiling Minyeon cheerfully , she wanted to add something else, but the cough stopped the whole dialogue. Long and long, she already bent over in half, coughed so badly.

“I'm sorry, I'm such a stupid girlfriend - I apologized, holding by the arm took her back to bed - made you stand in the draft for so long.

“No, I don’t.” She cleared , then took a glass of water, nodded gratefully, when I helped hold my head so that she would take a sip. “Do you remember that tune?”

“She's been playing in my heart ever since she flew here.” Do you want me to play you? Then, under one condition, I will play, and you will sleep a little. You need a break.

- I do not need rest! I will rest already in the grave! - Bitterly threw words into the air. “Sorry,” she said softly, sobbing. She turned to the window, covered herself with a blanket. - Play me something, I want to hear your game again.

All this time I was silent, trying to cope with the pain from words. I promised myself that I would not cry.

It is impossible.

Not now.

Now I have to be strong. For her to be strong. For her parents. For myself.

Therefore, I did not scream, did not blame, I simply went to the bed, leaning my two palms on the mattress, bent over, softly kissed somewhere on the top of my head:

“You will like her.”

I went to the piano, opened the lid, sat down behind it, checked if he was tuned, then started playing.

 

POV

That evening, we made a promise to each other - not to ask DaHyun about her reason.

If she decides to share with them, they will listen to her and, if necessary, help.

-We must respect the decision of DaHyun.

That's what the leader said and we agree.

- We have to hold out for two weeks. We are waiting for the work that we love. Once waiting for us, so we must continue to move forward. DaHyun, she will be back, and we will help to catch up with us. We will not leave her, but we will not insist.

She is right, because she voiced what lived in our hearts.

-DaHyun loves us, she trusts us, and believes in us. Do not think about what she did not tell you. When it is ready, she will tell.

Yes, when it is ready, we will always be on her side. We accept any.

Two weeks, if you are busy, they will fly by quickly, so we thought ...

But, a day or two passed, and someone, and remember the name in the conversation ...

We were waiting for her call, message, at least something, but ...

-I understand that everyone misses you, hoping to get news, I myself am. I really worry where she is, with whom. Why she left, why she didn’t share with us. Who did she go to? Our emotions slow us down. All that dream that we aspired to, it eludes. Please girls, I beg you, do not give up!

Nayeon, the oldest of us, asked after another bad day. We did not do what we planned and were scolded.

-We must be strong for DaHyun. After all, when she returns ...

-And if she doesn't come back? - voiced her question Chaeyoung, tormenting her from the very day when she heard about her departure.

- After all, when she returns, she will need support and all the love that we eat. But now we don’t look like that - Nayeon rigidly delivered her speech, looking sternly at her friends. - So, enough to be sad and fall into hysteria. Enough! Get ready in the end! Tomorrow, we will be preparing for our concert in Japan, and I look forward to your commitment and responsibility. We still have to teach DaHyun when she returns! I sleep good night.

 

POV DaHyun

For the first time since my arrival here I was asked about what I do. She didn’t hide, she told.

“Who would have thought that you would decide to take such a step, ” Minyeon giggled . “I want to know everything.” It is decided that from this day on you tell me about your hobby.

“But you and I wanted to finish that melody, and you promised that you would write the lyrics.”

- One does not interfere. Do not argue!

The week was not noticeable, towards the end Minyeon knew from the very beginning to today.

- It’s a pity that we don’t have a TV or the Internet, I would like to take a look at your friends with one eye. I would especially like to meet Chaeyoung, your bro . And whoever thought up calling himself that - I wanted to answer, but I was interrupted by a ringing voice from guesses. - You! Only you will come to mind! DaHyun, haha, well, you ... kha ... kha ... kha ...

- Hush, hush, here you go - she handed a glass of water, rubbing her soothing back. “Don't be in a hurry to speak, I'm here, and I hear you well.”

- Describe to me Chaeyoung again - not having regained consciousness, she asked.

- Why only Chaeyoung? I wondered.

“Your whole dialogue comes down to her only, that's why, stupid.” Come on, I'll close my eyes, it's better to imagine.

***

The second week ran up to the end.

Soon I will not see you in the photograph and I will not hear your voice because of the video.

Soon…

***

POV DaHyun

Another week.

The doctor was amazed and encouraged by us. He did not believe the results.

- Maybe…

We believed in this word.

Minyeon did not ask me how much I would stay with her.

I did not say.

I will stay until she gets to her feet. If it takes more than two weeks, then so be it.

- Let's do this, I will think about the lyrics, you are about the melody.

In her words, they decided so. Our melody soon became known as "About You." So it was easier to understand where to start.

- Describe the one you want to show through the tune. So emotions are born, and I will adapt to you.

-It was always the other way around, you led me along, Minyeon-unnie.

- Everything is changing, DaHyun, everything is changing. Results at the end of the week. And don’t hack!

 

“Unnie, what's the best play?” What do you need to think about? - asked a girl of about 10 from her older friend, whom she came to immediately after drawing in the club.

Not knowing why the girl liked to draw, but the truth is that the pictures themselves turned out pretty funny. After the lesson, she hurried to her friend to learn the basics of playing the piano. Now she was sitting next to her friend and was listening to the game in all ears.

“Thoughts interfere, as do emotions.” Remember, when you sit down at the piano, put your fingers on the keys, from that moment you are one, she is your friend, you can tell her everything. Not by words, but by being here, she gently knocked on her chest, where her heart was beating softly.

“And she will answer me, yes?” Does it answer you? - the girl asked enthusiastically, looking in all eyes at the keys in front of her.

“Yes, we are talking with her all the time,” her older friend assured her. “Give your hand here, touch and press,” the timid “ do-re-mi ” sound sounded .

“So funny, Minyeon-unnie !” - the girl giggled.

“Remember, just start a dialogue with her, DaHyun.”

 

The past surfaced in my thoughts, I again saw myself as a 10-year-old child, that I had first heard the piano and fell in love with this sound. Since then, I have not forgotten Minyeon’s instructions ; all the time I had a dialogue with the piano when I sat next to him.

So now, I asked for help to finish the story, written 10 years ago. Continue after a minute to play something else.

I threw away my thoughts, closed my eyes, laid my fingers on the keys and began to just wait.

“The melody itself will come,” as unnie once said.

 

On Saturday evening, the house woke up from a loud cough that alternated with strange panting groans ...

From 21:08 the pursuit of a non-painful end began.

What the doctor warned, I saw when I ran into her room. On the scarf that fell from her hands was a large clot of blood.

And she still continued to spit blood.

We knew we were ready for the first sign of the end, so we quietly packed our things, father took his daughter in his arms, wrapped him in a blanket and carried him into the car. My mother and I followed him, the car started up easily on the first try, and we rushed to the city hospital.

The doctor told us that he would be there all the time, and if he suddenly went away, the nurse on duty would contact him immediately.

 

Sunday.

Hospital ward.

Minyeon is confined to wires and a dropper. Her eyes are still closed, but the nurse said she was just sleeping. It was possible to prevent an attack. She allowed to be here, next to her.

No changes in the morning.

In the afternoon too.

Towards evening, Minyeon finally opened her eyes. The three of us were instantly near her, saying that we were here. The first thing she asked when she saw us:

-Have you finished the tune?

-Have you written the text? - holding back tears, I said.

-Not honestly, I was the first to ask, - the girl said, pouting.

-Let's say it together, - she suggested, and began to count to three, and then:

- Yes/Yes! Only you will have to put my words on your melody yourself, - Minyeon added regretfully, glancing at her parents. - When they merge together, you will write it down and send it to my parents to hear it.

-I will do better, our song will sound from all radio stations, many people will hear it, maybe many of them will understand the true meaning in it.

- I like. I would like ... - Minyeon whispered weakly, wearily covering her eyes. - About you…

- About me? - I did not understand, leaning closer to my lips to hear.

- A song ... - the answer came, then the heart rate beeping on the device to slow down, the doctor asked us to leave.

Farewell delayed for another hectic day.

***

Monday Park Jin-yong has been waiting for a call from DaHyun since the morning.

8 members were waiting for the door to their apartment to open and a girlfriend to enter .

Tuesday was still waiting ...

And on Wednesday too ...

***

POV DaHyun

Saying goodbye to the one who gave you meaning in life took more than two weeks.

Two weeks and three days.

The last three days have become the hardest for all of us.

But even then, she smiled.

She smiled painfully at her lips, yet it was a smile. She even tried to joke, cheer us up.

And all the time I talked about our song. She simply did not want to hear about anything else.

-Keep your promise, DaHyun - that’s what her last words were.

Then she asked to go up to her and hug tightly. As it turned out, she later said goodbye to her parents on Monday. And the doctor was very surprised that he managed to stretch until Tuesday.

On Wednesday, around 10 am, I sat at the piano and played that first tune with which I met such a wonderful girl. It was her that she played when I walked past her windows 10 years ago.

- Play me for the last time, I want to hear your melody when my soul flies into the kingdom of heaven.

***

She was met by Park Jin-yong himself. He did not ask, as the girl was, everything was visible. She was silent. She didn’t utter a syllable either. Only when the car drove up to the hostel, leaving, DaHyun turned around and handed over a small player and a scribbled note with text, her voice was barely audible:

- Can it be included in our album?

- What is there? - taking away from the weakened fingers, he asked.

- Our farewell melody - in his voice he distinctly heard pent-up emotions.

In the text, he saw the distribution by name, who will sing which line, and where you want to emphasize or where you want to sound soft and gentle. He wanted to hear and penetrate what was written.

- I'll see what i can do.

 

On Thursday late night, when everyone went to bed, after a heavy schedule, the doors opened and a girl once entered who looked like a cheerful and cheerful Kim DaHyun. Everything in her screamed that she needed support.

Only one word from JiHyo “with return” was enough to break in front of them, burst into bitter tears, asking for their protection and love.

- DaHyun / Dubu / Bro / Unnie! - The voices of 8 members cried out anxiously when they saw how inconsolable a friend was in their grief.

8 members surrounded DaHyun with their caring circle, hugging tightly, giving her all the love and support that they had. They gently lifted her from the floor, took her to the sofa, someone ran to the kitchen to get a glass of water. Someone gently and carefully wiped running tears on his cheeks, helped blow his nose into a handkerchief.

They let her cry, without asking anything. Their promise was valid. 8 members were waiting for DaHyun to take the first step.

After inconsolable crying, the girl gradually began to calm down. Now she was sitting, surrounded by her friends, looking somewhere in space, DaHyun suddenly asked:

- Do you want me to tell you one interesting case? It happened 10 years ago...

***

The song “About You” added at the very last moment became the most popular and reached all - kill in a matter of seconds after the release. The lyric melody plus the sweet voices of TWICE members won more than one heart. And every time they asked:

- What is this song about?

DaHyun answered, smiling sadly:

- About the person closest to you...