One-shot

Suited

"So, I'll come back in just over an hour," the words escaped from a tender smile. The motor murmured softly as a tousle of blonde hair fell forward. Eyes fluttering, she moved it out of her way. Only to see that Jennie remained dumbstruck. Lips tilting upwards, Rosé leaned forward to caress her cheek.

"Unless you don't want me to," she revealed a fuller smile. But still, the brunette just sat with wide eyes. Hand retreating, Rosé flipped the keys and the murmur stopped.

"Jen, I don't have to come back if you don't want me to. I won't be offended," she said softly, hoping the other woman would understand. And without thinking at all, Jennie shook her head.

"No, it's cool, I'll see you in a bit."

 

 

Once Tully and Roxana were by his side, Kai locked the car. Making their way towards the yellow door, they saw that the lights were on inside. Knocking, they waited and a few minutes later Kai was in a state of confusion by the face that greeted them.

"Aunty Chu!!" yelled Roxana as she lunged into her aunts' arms. Picking her niece up with ease, Jisoo left the door open for them to enter. Roxanna began to play with the one strand of purple in her aunt's locks.

"Long time no see Jisoo," said Kai awkwardly as his eyes shifted to the side. Jisoo grumbled something he couldn't hear.

"Where's Jen?" asked Tully as she slipped her hand into Kai's. Jisoo just kept on walking down the passage and soon they were in the living room. Feeling Roxana wiggle in her arms Jisoo got the message. Placing the little girl down, they watched as she hurried towards the brunette.

"MOMMY!" yelped Roxana in excitement as she hopped onto her mother's back. Huffing in surprise, Jennie peaked around her and was met by a small face with a big smile.

"Roxy baby," Roxy gave her mother a kiss on the cheek. Securing her daughter's arms around her neck, she gave her a kiss too.

"Hey Jen," waved Tully as the brunette turned to face them.

"Hey hey...Uhmm, what's going on? Did she forget something?" said Jennie in puzzlement.

"Actually, the thing is we needed to bring Roxy back because we planned a dinner date over on the coastal side of town," said Tully. And Jennie's eyes turned to Kai to explain further. Scratching his head, he pursed his lips.

"Yeah Jen, turns out I can't keep her this weekend. Me and Tully made arrangements that I forgot about," he heard Jisoo sigh deeply.

"What do you mean Kai?" Jennie looked at him sternly, but he said nothing.

"Jen, you know how Kai can be, forgets every little thing," tried Tully and Jisoo tsked in disappointment. Eyebrows furrowing, Jennie sensed what was going. Placing Roxy down, she spoke softly.

"Chu, do you mind taking Roxy to her room," in swift action Jisoo grabbed hold of her niece's hand and ushered her out. Hearing her daughter's room door close, the brunette turned to the couple, wondering if they'll come up with a better excuse.

 

 

 

"Woah so you're FINALLY going to see her place?!" exclaimed Lisa in excitement.

"Correction," interrupted Jaehyun with a grin, "She's technically already seen her place. "

"Argh you know that's not what I mean Jae," Lisa slapped his arm playfully. Laughing Jaehyun took out his uniform jersey from the locker.

"Just so you know, being outside her house for like ten minutes doesn't count as seeing her place," added Ren with a chuckle.

"I STAN!" added Lisa.

"You mean I second," said Dahyun.

"Why would I ever be second? Have you seen me?" said Lisa confidently and quickly felt her face being struck by something.

"Manoban, not tonight, please I beg of you," said Dahyun as she shook her head. Picking up the white shirt and handing it back, Lisa grinned mischievously.

"Wow Dayday, your right certainly not tonight. Because this isn't the type of begging I'm use to when it comes to you, even though you're still throwing off all your clothes for me," she remarked and Dahyun's entire face turned red as she took back her shirt.

"I'm impressed Lis, that was actually a consistent comeback," laughed Jaehyun.

"Really? Huh, not use to those," chuckled Lisa darkly and Rosé giggled in understanding as she took out the plastic covered rose. She'd forgotten to give it to the brunette earlier. Closing her locker, she made her way towards the exit.

"Anyway I'm gonna be off," she said and Lisa blocked the door.

"Hold up partner, you can't just leave without telling us what the plans are," she crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.

"Lis, I need to go. I told her I wouldn't take longer than an hour," huffed Rosé. Pushing Rosé back down on the bench, she assured her she has enough time.

"Now tell us, what are you gonna do when it turns out her house is a dungeon?" said Lisa.

"Or what if her house is like full of like porcelain dolls," speculated Ren with wide eyes.

"Oooh that'd be so creepy but not surprising," said Lisa and Rosé shook her head.

"Guys come on now, you all know Jennie isn't like that," she said and moved to stand up but Lisa pushed her down.

"What do you mean? All we know about Ms. Kim is that you've spent all your on-the-house lunches on her for your dates," said Ren and Rosé sighed.

"Look I'm leaving," she repeated, and this time Lisa looked at her seriously.

"Rosie, wait we just care about your well-being. You two have been seeing each other for almost a month now and Jennie has been dodging some important questions regarding her personal life," said Lisa.

"I have to say it was kind of weird how defensive she got about not wanting to talk about her ex the other day," added Dahyun.

"Mmmm, we just don't want you to get your expectations up and then it turns out not to be what you wanted," said Lisa, fully aware her friend was completely smitten by the brunette.

Smiling in appreciation, Rosé looked at them intently, "Thank you guys, I really appreciate it. But something in me just knows, that whatever happens, if it's with Jennie, then I'm going to be more than okay."

 

 

 

"Just one weekend Kai? You can't free up just one weekend?" Jennie shook her head. She and Kai were now talking alone in the kitchen. Clutching her fist in frustration, her eyes skimmed over the clock above the fridge.

"I told you Jen, I just forgot."

"Oh, and you forgot last weekend too? And the weekend before then?"

"I told you I was away on business," he gritted.

"Does Roxy not matter to you?"

"Of course, she does."

"Then why don't you start acting like it."

"I'll pick her up on Sunday when we return."

"Do you know how much she was looking forward to being with you?''

"Don't pull that Jen."

"What the does that mean? Kai, she adores you."

"I...I, urgh it's not like I don't love her Jen. It's just me and Tully made these plans months ago and it's with an important business partner. And you know Tully's looking to expand her restaurant chain. She even wondered if you'd be willing to do the interior design. This guy we're seeing is willing to invest."

"How about you invest some time with your daughter."

"Jen, these plans couldn't be moved."

"And you don't think I had plans tonight either," she whispered harshly.

She couldn't stand it when he pulled this . Not that it surprised her. However, it made things ten times more complicated. She loved her daughter but a certain someone still doesn't know of her existence. And Jennie wasn't planning on revealing it tonight.

"Were you going out tonight?" Kai's question broke her out of her thoughts.

"I am expecting a visitor," she retorted and as he took a look at her face, he saw the make-up.

"You're seeing someone?"

"Wow..." huffed Jennie but Kai suddenly felt a sense of anger.

"Who are they? Were you going to bring a random stranger to hook up with? In the same house my daughter lives in?" he spewed. Jennie stepped back eyes wide in annoyance.

"My God! Now you suddenly care," she said.

"I should've known since Jisoo is here. She always wanted you with somebody else. Did she put the make-up on you?"

"Kai, what does it even matter. It's none of your business anymore," shrugged Jennie.

"It is my business if it concerns Roxy. You can't be bringing randoms into the house. Roxy can't be seeing her mom with every other Micky and Boon. Do you know how long it took Roxy to even get use to Tully?" he began to go into a long rant about stability and Jennie just closed her eyes, not knowing how she ever managed to hold it down with this moron.

 

 

 

Walking past the chandelier-lit foyer, Rosé turned to see that the couches Jennie had ordered were stacked in the corner. Smiling at the colour scheme, she was grateful to her boss in more ways than he'll know. Not only did he hire a woman who knows how to do her job, but that woman has turned Rosé's cold routine life into a boiling pot of flames. Making her way out some guests filtered into the foyer, with a familiar face ushering in luggage behind them.

Tipping his hat off as he saw her, she gave him a light smile.

"Behave tonight Ben."

"As if I'll take advice from you," he chuckled as he loaded off the guest's luggage, "Not on late shift today"

"Naa, Jae's manning the desk tonight," she pointed, and he saw Jaehyun help the guests sort out their room bookings.

"Cool, at least you won't have to deal with complaints before going to bed."

"What do you mean, their complaints follow me everywhere. I hear voices in my head, they talk to me they understand, they talk to meee," she sang as he burst out laughing at the recognisable tune.

"Considering Mr Orton is currently a guest at the hotel, maybe you should think of auditioning to come up with his next theme-song. WWE-Style," chuckled Ben.

"I'll think about it," winked Rosé. The plastic rung as she waved goodbye to him. And with her body feeling light she exited the hotel and breathed in the evening air happily.

 

 

 

"Roxy, honey, come say goodbye to your father," said Jennie gently as she held open the door. Jisoo stood up with the 7-year old who clutched on to her hand. Closing the door behind them, Jennie shook her head at the questioning gaze Jisoo was directing at her.

Standing in the front area, Jennie and Jisoo spoke softly as Roxy, Kai and Tully said their farewells.

"Isn't she going to be here soon?"

"Yeah, my blood is rushing. I don't want her to know yet," said Jennie as she bit her lip. Rubbing her back to calm the nerves, Jisoo nodded.

"Don't worry, once those two -tards are gone. I'll take Roxy out for McDonalds while you two can spend some time together.

"Thank you, Chu, you're a life-saver," smiled Jennie gratefully. They returned their attention back to the others and Jennie felt that Kai was taking his time on purpose.

"Okay baby, I think Daddy and Aunty Tully have to leave now," said Jen as she walked everyone to the door.

"I'm not an Aunty, Jennie," said Tully with a thin smile and Jisoo just scoffed. Roxy returned to Jisoo's side as Kai turned to Jennie.

"So how long are you planning on being...out and about?" asked Kai.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that considering you're bailing on your daughter for the how manyth time," said Jennie for his ears only. Rolling his eyes Kai was about to respond, when Tully's voice cut in.

"Sorry can I help you?"

Turning to the open door, Jennie's heart stopped as she saw the familiar tousled blonde hair. Seeing Jennie's reaction Kai turned to the stranger and knew that this must be the "visitor". Glimpsing behind the woman in the too-tight white dress, Rosé perked up as she found who she was looking for. Mouth-breaking apart into a beautiful smile, she couldn't take her eyes off the brunette. Even with just a simple blue jean and black top, Jennie Kim was still the most gorgeous person she's ever seen.

"Hellooo," said Tully as she waved her hand in front of the blonde, "I think you might have the wrong house."

"No, I'm quite sure I'm exactly where I need to be," said Rosé, eyes still fully focused on Jennie. The brunette's heart began to beat again, erratically, hearing how husky Rosé's voice sounded. Seeing her mom, in frozen mode, Roxy tapped on Jisoo's leg.

"I think mommy needs help," she whispered and Jisoo chuckled at her niece's cleverness. Not liking how Rosé dismissed her presence, Tully was about to tell her to off.

"Are you here to see Jennie?" asked Jisoo and Rosé turned to her with a nod.

"Yeah, if it's still okay?" she asked tentatively, feeling as though she's walked in on something.

"Oh, its more than okay, we're just waiting for them to leave," pointed Jisoo and Tully rolled her eyes. Stepping forward, Kai looked over Rosé, who didn't flinch away from his stare.

"I'd just like to know if you do anything to hurt the mother of my child, or my child, I will personally you up," he said quietly. A little confused by his statement, she just looked at him and smirked.

"Soooo are you leaving or not?" replied Rosé and Jisoo immediately knew that Jennie had finally found the right one.

"Excuse me, what did you just say," Kai stepped forward, but Tully pulled him back.

"Honey let's just go, she's not worth it. Besides we're going to be late if we stay any longer," she pushed him past the door and towards the car. Watching them drive off, Rosé closed the door behind her and turned back to Jennie.

"Hi Jen," she said, and the brunette looked down shyly as Rosé stared at her. Seeing how red her mommy's cheeks were, Roxy herself began to feel shy at the stranger's presence and hid behind Jisoo's leg. Feeling the tug and seeing her knuckle-head sister at a loss for words Jisoo knew the two women needed some privacy.

"Anyway, we shall be heading out too. Just need to get Roxy's jersey," she said. Turning to them Rosé held out a hand.

"I'm sorry for not introducing myself, my name is Rosé, please excuse me. I didn't mean to be rude," she bowed her head at Jisoo who was smiling.

"Oh, don't even worry about it. I'm Jisoo, it's a pleasure to meet you," they shook hands gently, but peaking eyes caught the blonde's attention. Looking down at the small head, trying to hide behind Jisoo, Rosé turned to Jennie, who seemed to be fidgeting now. With a reassuring smile, Rosé moved to bend down.

Jisoo's eyes went as wide as her sisters seeing the blonde lower herself. But as she saw what unfolded, she knew there was nothing to worry about. Roxy ducked her head away shyly, hoping the pretty stranger, didn't see her staring. Smiling at how cute, the little girl was behaving, Rosé loved how her puffy her cheeks were.

"Hi there love," she said carefully, hoping to get Roxy's attention. Slowly, dark eyes emerged with hints of softness. Yup, thought Rosé, definitely her mother's daughter. Facing Rosé fully now, Roxy spoke just above a whisper.

"H..hh..hello," Jennie was holding her breath. She wanted to pick up her daughter and low-key runaway, not wanting to know if Rosé would stay, knowing she had a kid. But the current part in control of her body was not letting her move.

Seeing the young girl made Rosé's heartstrings tug. Tightening her fingers around the flower stem, she made up her mind and continued.

"Your mommy told me how beautiful and sweet of a daughter you are. And I can see that is all true. I know...I know this isn't much, but I was hoping you would accept this Rose...and allow me the chance to make your mommy smile for as long as she will allow me," finished Rosé as she shut her eyes and held out the flower.

Rosé felt as though the beat of her heart could be heard throughout the whole house. Her ears were ringing, and it seemed like the seconds were dragging on. But then she felt small fingers on her trembling hand and the rose was taken out of her grasp. Eyes opening slowly, she saw that Roxy was hiding behind her aunt again but this time with the flower in hand.

"What does that mean?" asked Rosé as she looked up.

"I'll take it as a yes. I think you got her approval," laughed Jisoo as the blonde's face nearly broke in two.

 

 

 

Jisoo and Roxy waved at the two as they drove off. Closing the door as they made their way inside, Jennie sighed in deeply and leant her head against it. Seeing what the blonde did tonight, made her fall even deeper inlove with her. But she also knew that Rosé was just being her sweet self for her the sake of her daughter.

"Look Rosé, you will never know how grateful I am for how you handled everything tonight. But Roxy's gone now, you don't need to pretend. I'm sorry for not telling you sooner. I kind of just knew you'd never want to be with a single mother. Most people don't want to be. That's asking like way way too much. And I could never choose anyone over my daughter. She's my life. And my ex and his girlfriend are such pains in the asses. I just,"

Jennie stopped talking as arms s around her waist. Her chest was moving slowly as she felt, soft lips at the base of her neck. Moving dark brown hair to the side, Rosé her lips as pale skin was exposed to her. Jennie shivered as she felt another kiss and then another one.

"Baby, please turn around," whispered Rosé as Jennie was still facing the door. Turning in her arms, Jennie's heart raced as Rosé pushed her gently against the door. Leaning their foreheads together, Rosé smiled as she lost herself in the brown of Jennie's eyes. Smiling, Jennie placed her arms around the blonde's neck, enjoying this closeness. Kissing her forehead, Rosé sighed in contentment.

"It blows my mind how I won, your daughter's heart with a single rose. But I can't win yours by being a single Rosie," said Rosé and just like that Jennie's body shook with laughter and all the tension she was carrying was gone. Giggling with her, Rosé placed a kiss on her cheek.

"There we go, I love seeing you laugh Jen," biting her lip the brunette cuddled into the other woman's chest.

"You already have it Rosie," she whispered.

"Have what baby?"

"....my heart," replied Jennie as she clutched onto the blonde. Something deep inside of her was telling her not to let go. And the way Rosé pulled her in, gave her hope that the same feeling was in her.

"Hearing you say that makes me happy," said Rosé as she lifted the brunette's chin," Jen...I want to be with you. Like seriously be with you," seeing the sincerity in her eyes made Jennie feel so very vulnerable.

"I...I don't want you to feel burdened. I don't...I don't want us to be baggage for you," said Jennie softly, saying the fears out loud.

"I meant every word I said to Roxy. If she's your life, then I want her to be my life too Jen. I know we've only just been seeing each other. But , I fell inlove with you at first sight. I just knew. I just knew my soul needed to be with you," revealed Rosé in a trembling voice. If Jennie rejected her, it would break her. But if that's what the brunette needs, Rosé would be willing to stay broken all her life.

Tears were b on the edge of the brunette's eyes as she looked at Rosé. With all the she's been through and how insecure she felt, she never knew that God would literally send an angel her way. Jennie felt so very blessed, to be in the arms of such an incredible woman.

"You're the most beautiful, honest and caring person I've ever met. I fell for you the moment you looked my way and showed me that kindness could pour out of someone's eyes so effortlessly. I want to be with you too," sniffed Jennie as a tear escaped. Jumping inside at what the brunette said, Rosé leant down towards her lips.

"I guess there's nothing left to say," whispered Rosé and kissed Jennie with all her heart. into how lovely the blonde tasted, Jennie couldn't contain her happiness as she knew that she and her daughter would forever be in safe hands.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Sometime later....

Running up the stairs, Rosé saw that her bedroom door was slightly ajar. Making her way inside, she smiled as she saw the little bundle cuddled up on her bed. Tiptoeing around the bed, she sat down and placed a soft kiss on Roxy's head. Soon after dark eyes fluttered open and a yawn filled the room.

"It's time to get up love, you need to eat something," said Rosé as she chuckled at Roxy's sleepy eyes.

"Mmmm carry me Rosie," pouted Roxy and Rosé couldn't say no. Chuckling as the young girl continued to hug onto the black bear, she lifted her up.

"I see you found a cuddling buddy," laughed Rosé as she knew that Roxy probably searched for the teddy.

"Mmmm it reminds me of mommy," she yawned and snuggled into Rosé's arms.

"Yeah, reminds me of mommy too," smiled Rosé as they made their way down.

"Can I have it?" asked Roxy softly and Rosé found herself met with large dark eyes. Roxy bowed her head shyly as Rosé seemed to look through her. But then she felt her chin being lifted.

"Ofcourse you can have it love, its always been yours anyway," smiled Rosé and Roxy released a happy squeal. They entered the dining room where Jennie was just finishing up plating the food. The brunette made her way over to the two curious as to why Roxy seemed so happy. But then she saw her holding the black bear, Rosé held so dear.

"Look mommy, Rosie said I could have her," yelped Roxy innocently and Jennie kissed her cheek as she was placed down.

"Really?" asked Jennie as she looked at Rosé with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, we need to put another plate down for her," said Roxy as she headed into the kitchen to get another plate. Laughing Jennie turned to the blonde and pulled her into a hug, pecking her lips, she spoke tenderly.

"Baby are you sure?" and Rosé caressed her face and kissed her again.

"Roxy said I could have you without any questions. It's the least I could give with all the trust she puts in me," said Rosé and kissed Jennie again, "Besides I feel like they're suited for each other," she finished.

"Just like you and me," giggled Jennie as she pulled the love of her eternity into another loving embrace.