The Promise

The Promise

Not an mpreg to be honest, adoption.
Eomma = Heechul
Appa = Leeteuk
Siwon= Older brother, 14 years old.
Hyukjae= Middle brother, 12 years old.
Donghae= the narrator, smallest brother, 6 years old.

Today, I came to hospital with my brothers to see my eomma. Eomma has been in the hospital for the past few weeks. I do not know what exactly happened to eomma , or my father has to leave in the middle of the night to go to the hospital, leaving me with my brothers.

I just know he is sick....whatever his sickness is, his hair keeps falling because of it. Emoma was very good looking with blonde hair and beautiful skin. No no! He is still very pretty but with pale skin and bald hard. Though it does not matter, I love him the way he is. I really miss him and his bedtimes stories. Siwon hyung does not read to me since he is very busy, same case with Hyukie hyung . Appa and hyungs does not read to me since they are too busy to, but eomma was never too busy to not read me a bedtime story. Until recently, of course. 

Before he fell sick, he  promised me that he would take me to the park which an ice-cream cart, lots of kids of my age and a biiiiig playground.I am waiting for his recovery so that we can go out together again. In my class, my classmates always share their stories about where did they go to hangout with their moms. But I cannot participate much because I kinda only hangout with eomma in hospital. Now tell me how many times can I repeat the same story?

Today appa told me that eomma had wish to see me today. That is why I am here today! I am now sitting beside and sharing what happened this week in school. And also the stories my friends tell me.

All of a sudden he looked very sad, so I asked him what was wrong. He told me that everything is fine and he misses me and he loves me. I reply saying that I love him too. Hahaha. He started laughing maybe because I told him 'I love him' after a very long timeeeee. I am so happy to see him laughing until the machines nearby us starts to make the beep beep sound crazily. 

Doctors, appa and Siwon hyung rushes in. Siwon hyung takes me outside and makes me sit on his lap. After some moments, our surrounding became very quiet.... too quiet to be honest. Appa came out of eomma's room while rubbing his hand across his face. Then I noticed his face was tear streaked. Then he is eomma was...'dead'?

Dead? Wait! That's a good thing right? He is with my grandparents now! But I do not see my grandparents after they were also 'dead.' Does that mean I would not see him again too? But our bedtimes stories? Siwon hyung, Appa and Hyukkie hyung, they were crying very hardly. But I remained frozen on Siwon hyung's lap thinking.....

Eomma promised me he would take me to park. He always said breaking promises is not a good thing.  How will now we go to work now? He broke his promise.....