is more delicious when you take it from someone who loves you

Kiss of Death

out a soul out of a person’s body, that’s how we do it. Do we remind you of vampires? I guess you can say that, but instead of blood-ers we’re soul-ers. So we aren’t exactly vampires, we are just… immortals.

A human’s core nourishes us, but we know our limits, we have our own protocol and because of this we continue to live with humans without their suspicions. That’s something that separates us from vampires, we don’t hide from the sun, we live with it but we prefer the night anytime… what we have in common – we feed on humans. How do we get killed? Well that’s a secret.

*~*~*~*~*

“Hankyung, you’re reading that book again. Aren’t you tired of reading the same thing?” said Ryewook, as he greeted him with an embrace. Hankyung closed the book, which was actually his diary, as soon as he heard Ryewook’s comment.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Don’t be like that. I didn’t come here to insult you if that’s what you’re thinking. I was just wondering if you’d come out with me. It’s a nice day.” Ryewook replied placing a caressing hand on Hankyung’s face.

“Are you sick? You feel cold.” Said Ryewook, looking worried.

Hankyung removed his lover’s hand from his face, kissed it and calmly said, “I’m alright. I’m sorry but I can’t go with you today.” He stood up and went to the grand piano.

“Can we just meet tonight at the theater?” Ryewook wasn’t going to leave him but a look of Hankyung’s pleading face made him give in.

“Alright,” he said softly as he walked towards him. He held Hankyung’s face in both his hands and kissed him lightly. “Get well soon okay.  See you tonight.”

 

*~*~*~*~*

But there is one who doesn’t have his “regular” provisions, the Fallen Angel, the one who started their race but had died eons ago as the legend goes – he defied God so he was banished to our world and in order to live he nourishes on humans’ souls or cores especially from people who has affections for him – those souls are most delectable. But in truth, the Elders are taking care of him, keeping his existence a secret as he bids it… and it’s time for him to feed again… the only problem is… he hates doing it…

*~*~*~*~*

“Ack!” screamed a pained Hankyung. He was forced to kneel from the agonizing sore he felt in his throat and gut. “You need to eat.” Said Siwon, his aide, standing stoically in front of him.

“No.” Hankyung protested despite the pain and forced himself to stand straight.

He went to his bed chamber to get himself prepared for the theater. The young aide followed him silently.

“Take that boy’s life, Hankyung. You’d suffer no more.” He said.

“Stop it!  I don’t want to hear a word of it.” Hankyung said as he punched his fist on the desk table with anger.  “I can still last until the next year make sure you’ll find another candidate by then or else… it’s going to be your core I’ll be out.” Siwon left with a bow and Hankyung struggled to prepare himself.

An hour later he met Ryewook at the front of the theater and went inside holding hands.

“Hankyung?” called Ryewook. He found Hankyung dozing off at his favorite play - Romeo and Juliet.

“Huh?” he mumbled.

“Are you still sleepy? I thought you’ve taken a nap already.” Said Ryewook, and clasped Hankyung’s cold, clammy hands. “Are you alright?  Let’s go home.” He suggested, suddenly he saw Hankyung’s eyes flash bright blue but were gone in an instant.

*~*~*~*~*

He brought me to his apartment, I guess I fainted. I heard him play on the piano; it was one of his own compositions. He looked so angelic, well what can I expect from one of my descendants? I wish time would just stop at this moment… but then something he said snapped me back to reality… and scared me

*~*~*~*~*

“Who are you really Hankyung?” asked Ryewook in a serious tone. He looked at him with flashing red eyes as he continued to play, a trace of core liquid at the side of his mouth, a mark that he had just fed. When Hankyung didn’t answer he went on.

“I’m sure this doesn’t disturb you, right? you know perfectly well why my eyes turned from hazelnut to crimson-red, but yours…” he paused, wiped off the core’s trace, went towards him, knelt before him and held Hankyung’s face in his hands looking straight at his eyes. “They shined bright blue.”

Hankyung stayed stock-still, letting Ryewook kiss him. “I’ll give you anything, Fallen Angel, sir.” Mumbled Ryewook as he pulled away for a moment and kissed him again, more passionately.

*~*~*~*~*

I could never forget that moment. His lips were as soft as they ever were. If I wasn’t in control of my thoughts I would never have realized what he was doing, what he had said… suddenly I saw his life drained from his eyes, his soul flowing to my mouth. His soul was so sweet but I had to stop myself.

*~*~*~*~*

Hankyung pushed Ryewook away, wiping off the silvery liquid trace of a core.

“What are you doing? Do you know what will happen if I take your core?” Hankyung asked angrily, his eyes turned bright blue.

“Yes.” Ryewook replied, he could barely stand.

“And you’re fine with that? It’s not with me; I don’t want to take your soul Wookie.”

Ryewook stood up and walked towards him calmly. “I will do anything for you not because you’re the Fallen Angel but because you’re Hankyung, my Hankyung. I know the legend; you need my soul, the one who loves you. This keeps you working for another millennium… I can’t bear to see you suffer and I can’t stand waiting for you to wake up after a millennium, I might expire by then.” Ryewook kept moving towards him and had finally cornered Hankyung against the wall. One hand reached out behind Hankyung’s back, the other holding Hankyung firmly by the shoulder. It took Ryewook all his strength to kiss him, crushing his mouth against Hankyung getting one last taste of his lover…

“That’s why…” Ryewook whispered.

*~*~*~*~*

So I took his core, unlike the first time it tasted a bit salty, my tears were mixed with it. “I love you and if I were to live once again I’d still offer my life to you.” That’s what he said telepathically before the Basium Mortis (Kiss of Death) drained him from his soul. I carefully placed him on the couch and sat in front the piano to play the last song he played while tears blurred my vision. When the sun rose I readied myself for my departure and kissed his lifeless lips one last time. 

 

THE END.

 


a/n: hi! so... on previous post of this fic there were questions about Ryeowook's eyes and race. and i'll clear them up here before anything is asked again :3...

Wookie is also an immortal who feeds on human souls just like Hankyung. Simply put he's one of his descendants (all of his descendants have bright red/crimson eyes after feeding, Hankyung's turn blue - coz i want him to be special coz he's the "beginning of it all"). originally, this is for an original non-FanFic but then i lost my ideas so i took this oneshot and voila~ it's a HanWook ffic :3 hope, despite it being short and angsty and maybe confusing... you, readers, had fun reading.