Melville Park

Gifted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minjoo dashed out of her house. She was running late on her first day at work. Great. Ugh I knew I shouldn't have watched that 3 hours long movie..

 

Minjoo got a job at a cafe near her dorm. Life was hard when you're in college. She needed extra money to support herself. It's not that her family was poor but she really didn't want to burden her parents more than she already did. Plus, she's an independent young woman so she can manage herself.

 

But somehow today, she was running out of luck. First, she was running late and now, this couple was blocking her way but she managed to pass around them.

 

"These es won't quit."

 

Minjoo stopped her track and was looking for the owner of the voice. She turned back and only saw the couple with an orange cat except something was wrong with the cat. The cat was looking at her. No, glaring would be more suitable but it's a cat. Cats don't glare. But this cat can.

 

"What are you looking at, ?"

 

Minjoo covered . Clearly she was shocked. The cat just called her a . A .

 

She stamped towards the cat, lifting her leg and was about to kick the goddamn cat but thank God she stopped. She forgot that the couple were still there and they looked like they're ready to throw hands at Minjoo for trying to hurt the adorable creature.

 

The cat meow again, "Haha, ."

 

Minjoo furrowed her eyebrows and placed one hand on her forehead. "Ugh you know what? Forget it!" she's not letting herself lose a job just because of one cat so she continue running.

 

 

_________________

 

 

The door bell rang as she swung the glass door open, attracting some attentions from the customers. Minjoo was panting hard while trying to catch her breath.

 

"Oh no no. Nobody's fainting in my cafe." a tall figure quickly made her way to the panting Minjoo, dragging her into the staff room.

 

Few minutes had pass and Minjoo's breathing was back to normal. "Here." the tall girl offered her a glass of water which Minjoo gladly accept. "Thanks Wonyoung. I feel better."

 

 

"You do know you have asthma. Your condition might get worse if you don't take care of yourself." Wonyoung nagged while folding her arms over her chest. Minjoo lowered her head knowing what she did was indeed reckless. She might faint even before she arrive at the cafe and who knows some ugly bastards would take advantage of her.

 

 

"I'm sorry. I was afraid of losing my job since it's my first day." Minjoo sincerely apologized. Wonyoung sighed and took a seat beside her.

 

"I don't even want to know why you're late. Now hurry and get change." Wonyoung patted Minjoo's back before going back to work, leaving Minjoo all alone in the small room.

 

 

Wonyoung and her had been best friends since elementary school. She was glad that Wonyoung offered her a job at her cafe. And so, she didn't want to disappoint the younger girl but she did. Minjoo couldn't help but to feel bad about herself though there was nothing she could do.

 

 

"Minjoo, hurry up!" the boss voice rang through Minjoo's ears, snapping her back to earth. Quickly, she changed to her work uniform. Fixing her hair before start working.

 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter