Anatomy of us

Ash-colored Tale(One shot)
It was in middle school. 

Where Wheein careened through the four walls of the classroom. 

Out of nowhere there is a girl singing freely, she's astounded but at the same time she admired the girl. And on break time the same girl approached her, Wheein could tell that she was trying to look cool but she finds the girl adorable. 

"Yah, wanna be friends?" She asked. It took Wheein by surprised, and didn't know what to say. 

"What?" That's all Wheein could mutter. 

"I fell for you" The girl continued. And that's when Wheein finally lost it. Her admiration for this girl turned into a crush. She was beautiful, bold, expresses herself well and speaks her mind. 

Say you love me to my face
I need it more than your embrace

It was their first sleepover. 

Where Hyejin started blurting out her frustrations and dreams, Wheein agrees to anything that Hyejin says, and that's when she realized that they share the same dream in life. She felt the burning passion inside of Hyejin and she understands it. It was that night when she told herself that she always wants to be there for the girl beside her. 

Hyejin puts her arm to her waist before Wheein could realize it the two are linked together hugging each other. She didn't have siblings and the intimacy was all new to her. But she's not complaining, as the matter of fact she liked it, she knew she like it because she frowned and immediately miss the warmth as Hyejin released her to go to the bathroom. 

Just say you want me, that's all it takes
Heart's getting torn from your mistakes

It was their regular karaoke day. 

Wheein is a hot mess as she watch her bestfriend sing her heart out to a song she's not sure of since she was busy staring and admiring. It was that day when she realized she developed this huge girl crush to her bestfriend.

'Cause I don't wanna fall in love
If you don't wanna try,

It was another sleepover. 

When Hyejin bawled her eyes out to Wheein's embrace as she  confessed how it affects her when someone bully her. Wheein is everything but calm, she wants to protect the girl in her arms at all cost, she made a promise to herself that she will do everything in her power to protect her bestfriend and to always remind her how beautiful she is. 

It was a rainy day. 

The two were under the same umbrella, even though Wheein has her own umbrella. 

"Let's just use my umbrella" Hyejin proposes, she's not sure but Wheein felt like it made her heart skipped a beat. As they walked under the rain they were talking about their big dreams and how they plan to fulfil it. 

Hyejin wants to go to Seoul. Wheein wants to go to Seoul. 

Wheein was ready to risk everything for this girl. She used to want one thing in life, to be a singer. Damn, now she just want to be part of Hyejin's life she thinks it's a bonus that her bestfriend share the same dream. 

But all that I've been thinking of

It was one of their Audition days. 

They are rejected for the nth time, people say that the two were amazing singer and has the real talent but has the audacity to reject them. They even insult them and listening to other people insult her Hyejin pains her. It pains her the most. Hearing insults about her, numbed her but she couldn't take listening to those people who didn't believe in Hyejin, and it breaks her heart every night when Hyejin softly cries to her and it kills her when she cries on her own. 

It was their contract signing to RBW. 

And Hyejin was jumping and hugging Wheein with the paper in her hand. They held each other like they have never before. The two held each other's hand and spun around, mix of victorious smile and tears of joy is evident to Hyejin's face. And it was the moment Wheein realized that she has completely fallen inlove to her bestfriend. 

She didn't want to jeopardize their friendship not when they began to slowly reach their dreams. 

 

It was their pre-debut days. 

When Hyejin randomly asked her. "What would you do if I die" 

Wheein did not like the idea, not at all. The thought never crossed her mind, not even once. And now that Hyejin brought it as a topic, it felt like her heart took a jab and the burning sensation to her stomach is a sign that the idea was tormenting her. She tried to laughed it off and make a joke out of it, but the girl was not having it, she wants a honest answer Wheein tried to conceal her emotions, tried not to stutter and say non sense statement. 

"How could I live without you?" Wheein answered sincerely, she didn't know where it came from but as her mind processed what she just said, she didn't protest to it. 

Is maybe that you're mine

It was during their normal days on training. 

Where Hyejin would trap her inside her arms and kiss her om the cheek, she got used to the intimacy but everytime she felt like she's about to die, her heart is failing her as soon as she came in close proximity with this gorgeous woman. She wondered how would Hyejin's lips feel and taste. 

Baby it looks as though we're running out of words to say
And love's floating away

​​​​​​It was their debut night. 

The company decided to eat out and gave the girls the chance to have fun after their perfomance. They had few drinks, well not for Hyejin and Yongsun the two was a drunk mess, their leader was accompanied by Byul and other staff. On the other hand, Wheein was able to handle a drunk Hyejin. 

Wheein put Hyejin down at the bed. Their closeness was giving Wheein every feels she didn't felt before. Suddenly she could see the universe in Hyejin's half closed eyes. Her alcohol-smelled breath was bearable, and she wants to kiss her bestfriend so bad. 

And so she did. 

The two shared a passionate kiss. It was calm at first, one-sided actually. Wheein just wanted to give Hyejin a peck on the lips, it lasts longer than she planned. It was stagnant she just couldn't take her lips off of the soft lips of her bestfriend, she had her eyes close. She was caught-off guard when Hyejin responds to the kiss and she opened her eyes and realized that the girl has her eyes close, the kiss was slow like it was giving Wheein all the time in the world to savour it. It was sweet but she wouldn't deny the taste of Soju. And suddenly it's a taste of guilt. She was taking advantage and if her love for the girl didn't jeopardize their friendship, this surely will. 

Wheein stood up and let Hyejin go, a move that she immediately regret, when their lips parted. She mumbled words, words to convince herself that what just happened is wrong. When she turned to Hyejin, the woman is asleep. She has never witness a beauty as Hyejin and an extremely pure, serene and a beautiful view. She first fixed her bestfriend's position before leaving the room to clean herself up. 

Just say you love me, just for today
And don't give me time 'cause that's not the same

It was the day after that night. 

Wheein is not sure what has gotten to her mind but she asked Hyejin if she remembers kissing Wheein, Hyejin laughed so loud. Wheein was not amuse but still find Hyejin the most  beautiful girl. Wheein tried to inform her bestfriend about the kiss, but Hyejin just couldn't remember. 

"Guess you were really that hammered to remember that" Wheein mumbled defeatedly. 

And she never bring it up, not even her feelings towards the girl. All Wheein could do is to bottle her emotions up and remember the kiss they shared whenever she feels the desire to kiss the woman so bad. 

Want to feel burning flames when you say my name
Want to feel passion flow into my bones
Like blood through my veins

It was that night. 

Hyejin was drunk, but not that drunk to not feel the pair of lips pressed onto hers. Her heart jumped, scalloped, summersaulted and if possible formed into a star. Wheein's lips was soft and the kiss was a smack but gentle and pure. She planned on staying still until she couldn't anymore, so she respond to the kiss, she gave everything for that kiss, her doubts, her love and herself. Their lips was in sync, like it was made to be there, perfected to be with each other like how Wheein and Hyejin are. She was in deep that Hyejin didn't have time to even look at her bestfriend she has her eyes closed the whole time. She was about to hold the girl above her closely when she felt the pair of lips detaching. It happened fast that she didn't had time to protest to make a move. 

'Cause I don't wanna fall in love
If you don't wanna try,

She wanted to pull Wheein back and kiss her for the rest of the night, until she heard her softly mumbling. It was low and almost made it impossible for Hyejin to hear but she paid heed to whatever Wheein was saying. 

"She's you're bestfriend Wheein for the 's sake. Don't ruin your dreams. It will ruin everything. She's drunk, she probably won't remember anything"

And the rest was inaudible or Hyejin just did not pay attention at all. To say that it hurts is an understatement. However Wheein was right, she has a drean in fact they both share the same dream and things like this should not get in the way, what was she thinking it would ever happen. At least Wheein was in the right mind. Wheein thought her bestfriend would forget it, so she made her believe Wheein that she did really not remember any of it. 

But all that I've been thinking of
Is maybe that you're mine
Baby it looks as though we're running out of words to say

It was in middle school.

When Hyejin was stunned by this girl, she's not that hopeless romantic type of girl and she surely doesn't believe in love at first sight so she couldn't explain what she felt for this girl. That time everyone from the school seems to ride the bandwagon of having bangs, but this particular girl is truly exceptional she didn't have any and when she brushed her hair Hyejin lost it, she wanted to be close to this girl. 

"Hi, I'm Jung Wheein" She introduced herself, Hyejin thought that the name matches her aura well, because the classroom never felt this bright and blissful. 

And love's floating away

It was break time. 

When she gathered her strength to come up to this girl. 

"Yah! Wanna be friends" Hyejin thought it was the safest thing to say, she tried to look cool to cover her anxiousness. 

"What?" Her heart sank at Wheein's reply, she looked weirded out, Hyejin thought of anything to say, it couldn't be more embarrassing than this she thought. 

"I fell for you" 

 

And Hyejin meant it.