Chapter One

Leave It To Fate (Changlix/Minsung)

Warnings: angst, mentions of death, some cursing

 

[Friday, 5:08 A.M- Felix] 

Felix stared up at the ceiling of his bedroom, his eyes stinging, swallowing the lump that kept rising in his throat. It had been three days since his best friend's funeral, and he was still lying in bed crying. He had no other friends here, no family, no one to go to. Nowhere to go to. 

Except he did. 

He sat up suddenly, remembering. There was a park, not too far from his house, with a long trail that ran all through it. He could go walk off the pain, alone. No one would be out at five in the morning. 

Felix pulled on his socks and shoes and jerked a sweatshirt over his head. He shoved his hands into his pockets and took off towards the park. 

 

Felix arrived in record time, having jogged instead of walked to whole way. He slowed down and took to the trail, heading off into the shade of the woods to walk off the thoughts that kept forcing their way into his mind. 

Felix stared at the ground as he walked. He couldn't forget the day of Hyunjin's funeral, relatives swarming around chatting in loud voices like nothing had happened, aunts and uncles looking disapprovingly at Seungmin when he said he was Hyunjin's significant other, even though the poor boy was shaking and in tears and Hyunjin was ing dead. Felix felt tears prick his eyes. He walked faster. 

He remembered Hyunjin texting him, saying his head had been aching for hours now and wondering what was wrong, he remembered telling him not to worry and completely forgetting that Hyunjin had fallen and hit his head earlier. If he'd only remembered, gotten his friend to the hospital in time, this might never have happened. Felix walked faster. 

He slammed into someone and stumbled backwards, blushing and muttering apologies. Who besides me would be crazy enough to take a walk through the woods at 5 A.M? He stammered another "I'm sorry" and tried to escape. 

The person he'd bumped into caught his arm and held him back. Felix raised his head and was startled to see a boy not much older, but definitely shorter, than he was. 

"Don't panic, I'm not dangerous," the boy said in slight annoyance. "What the are you doing out here at 5 AM?" 

"I could ask you the same question," Felix mumbled. 

"I just got dumped by a loser who I was dumb enough to actually love. You?" 

Why am I telling this to a stranger? "My best friend died." 

"God." The boy raised his eyebrows. "That's awful. You okay? No wait, of course not, why did I even ask-" 

"I'm not okay," Felix admitted. "But I will be. In time." 

"I suppose." The boy extended a hand. "I'm Changbin." 

"Felix." They shook hands. Felix couldn't help but get distracted looking at Changbin's eyes. He had very striking eyes. 

"We came here to walk," Changbin said at last. "Let's walk." 

They walked. 

They talked. 

They exchanged numbers. 

Felix went home feeling that the weight of Hyunjin's death was already not quite so heavy. 

 

[Friday, 8:15 P.M- Minho] 

Minho's life was falling apart. 

He couldn't pay his taxes, his parents had abandoned him after he came out, he was rapidly losing friends, and his boss was pissed at him for rushing in his work and being too careless. 

He ran a hand wildly through his hair and slammed the back door of the grocery store he worked in. He had just finished locking up, and he needed a minute outside to breath, to relax and forget his problems. 

"Hey." 

Minho whipped around and stared. He hadn't realized anyone else was out here. 

The speaker was a teenage boy around his own age, with messy blond hair that fell over his face and nearly hid his eyes. He had a lollipop shoved into the side of his mouth and was wearing ripped black jeans and a grey sweatshirt several sizes too big. He stood leaning against the side of the building calmly his lollipop and watching Minho through a curtain of pale hair. 

"What the hell?" Minho blinked. "Am I hallucinating? Why is there a random kid outside my store?" 

The boy his lollipop thoughtfully. After a moment he said, "I didn't know it was your store." 

"Well- it's not, I mean, I just work here, but- who even are you? You scared me. Warning next time, please." 

"That's why I said hey. To tell you I was here." 

"I-" Minho ran his hand through his hair again. "What even." 

"Han Jisung," the boy said. 

"What?" 

"You asked who I was. Han Jisung." 

"Han Jisung." Minho shook his head. "Why exactly are you outside a grocery store at 8 o'clock at night?" 

"It's 8:21, my watch says." Jisung flicked his hair out of his eyes. "I don't want to go home. My mom's not very happy with me." 

"Well, if you did something stupid, tell her you're sorry and go to bed." Minho sighed. He just came out here for air and he was stuck with this annoyingly cute kid who wouldn't leave. 

"I didn't do nothing stupid," Jisung mumbled. "I just told her I like guys." 

Minho gave a short laugh. "And she got mad?" 

"Well, yeah." 

"Welcome to the club." Minho snorted at Jisung's surprised expression. 

"Wait, you're gay?" Jisung grinned. "Cool." 

"What even." 

"You say that a lot." 

"What- I mean, yeah, I guess I do." 

There was a brief silence. Then, without thinking, Minho said, "You can sleep at my place tonight." 

He regretted it for the briefest of seconds. Then Jisung's face lit up with so much hope and delight that Minho's heart hurt. "Really?" 

"Yeah. I got a couch. You can sleep there. Uh, I'm Minho. Just, you know. So we're not total strangers." 

Jisung's smile could've lit the dark side of the moon. "Cool," he said. 

 

[Friday, 11:23 P.M- Minho] 

Minho stared down at the boy sleeping on his couch. 

He'd come out of his room to get a glass of water, but just for a moment he stood still and stared at Jisung's sleeping face. 

He had initially worried that Jisung might pull a robbery or something. Looking at him now, all those worries vanished. 

Jisung's blond hair was falling very lightly over his face, brushing his cheekbones and nearly hiding his closed eyelids. A shaft of moonlight fell across his face and he looked so peaceful and contented that Minho wanted to cry. He wondered how long it had been since Jisung had gotten a good sleep. 

He crept away to his bedroom with the image of Jisung's smile still flashing in his mind. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: IM SORRY FOR KILLING HYUNJINNIE IM SO SO SORRY 

also Minho. Is already in looooovvvvveeee lmao