I'm Fine, Honest.

Fed Up

--

"No! You never know how much, how much stress! How much I had to put up with your antics! You're actually manipulative."

"N-no, no wait babe I-" Mina's voice cracked under the pressure.

"Don't!, you 'babe' me... we're through. Over. You're an actual toxic person in my life."

Mina was breaking down inside. With every word that passed through Sana's lips, her heart ached. She trembled, in fear. In fear of losing someone who she held dear in her heart.

"You must think that you're all justified huh? That it's all okay since I forgive you every, single, time."

The stiff and silent air was thick with tension, and was almost so heavy that Mina thought she would suffocate.

"Oh, but I guess you've never really did appreciate that, now did you? You just took it all for granted."

With each word that Sana spewed, the worse the pangs in Mina's chest rang out.

"You can't even acknowledge the fact that you gaslight me; multiple times already. You act defensively like a child and explode on me. I'm sick of it Myoui."

Mina's head snapped to attention. At the huge change, in Sana's sentence.

Myoui.

It was a name that felt so familiar.. yet it didn't. It felt so, different. So, abnormal. Alien. A name, that Mina has only ever heard before come from Sana's mouth with a respectful tone when they first met.

But now?

Mina felt so cold. Her mind, numb; her arms, chilly. She felt so... unhappy.

"There's so many problems with yo----"

Sana's voice seemed to be so far in the distance. Droning out, farther and farther it goes. So far, that Mina couldn't help but crumple and fall to the floor long after Sana ended and stormed off, cutting off their 'conversation' and cutting off their relationship.

Mina, had felt tears welling up in her eyes. She tried sitting up straight, and doing this and that, clutching at her clothes, and shaking her head no. As if, she was trying to deny the possibility that Sana had actually cut her off. That there was some way that, Sana couldn't have possibly-, that she could have just-, or-...

Emotions rushed forward. Threatening to break the dam that Mina had tried so hard to stop from breaking. Mina rushed back to return to her bedroom, and plop onto her bed. A safe zone. Her safety zone. Someplace where no one can-

Her mind drifted back to when Sana used to comfort her. To sleep with her whenever she had a nightmare... Not the type of memories she wanted to reminisce about right now. 

It wasn't long until cracks started showing, and Mina was lost in her self reflection. She tried to hold back the tears. Hugging her stuffed animals on her bed clutching tightly trying to divert the pain. She instinctively held onto the most nearby and most comfortable stuffed animal that she has slept with every night. The penguin that Sana had once gifted her.

She couldn't hold it in anymore.

Slow, soft, but violent. It was a kind of desolate crying. With silent tears rolling down Mina's face. She tried to suppress all the pain from leaking out. But this only led to more suffering.

Long shuddering sobs were heard, cries, and deep sighs. Her erratic and heavy weeping shook her entire body. Screaming to be let out. Her mind was in complete shambles recollecting multiple past bitter events, intensifying her gruesome despairing. Recalling every single moment that she troubled Sana. When she put her in an uncomfortable spot. 

'When was the last time I cried myself to sleep?' Mina thought. 'It's actually.. been a while huh..?'

Such a thought manifested in Mina's head, before she finally cried herself to sleep.

Alone this time.