pretty neighbor

pretty neighbor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was surely not Minjoo’s day after she missed the bus this morning, dropped her papers on her way to school, stained her shirt while eating lunch, and broke her phone’s screen. With the series of unfortunate events, ‘what could happen next?’ she thought to herself. 

 

After a long stressful day, she finally reached her house. And as if the gods are playing with her luck, her keys are missing and worse, her parents are away for some family business that leaves her alone. 

 

Trying to figure out what to do, the unlucky girl suppresses herself from crying. It’s getting colder and darker. She sat outside their gates for it was the only place with lights on. Hoping for some miracle to pass by.

 

 An hour had passed, Minjoo is still not sure of what she is going to do. There are no convenient stores nearby and her phone’s battery is already dead. She is too sleepy and tired to think. 

 

Or is it to recompense for her worst day, the house beside hers lighted up. She raised her head to see the person who caused the action. A girl, taller than her, with a cute bunny teeth, looked at her in confusion. Minjoo, seeing a glint of hope, quickly fixed herself and stood up to greet the person. 

 

“Hello” Minjoo awkwardly greeted and forced a smile

 

“Good evening” her neighbor greeted back

 

“Were you crying?” 

 

Minjoo suddenly didn’t know how to respond. It’s not just because she doesn’t know if she’s going to answer the question or if she does know the answer, it’s because the taller girl is pretty, pretty enough to make her speechless. A unique kind of pretty, the shorter thought to herself. 

 

“I- I’m sorry. You don’t have to answer that” the girl looked cutely embarrassed 

 

“What are you doing outside at this hour?”

 

Minjoo’s soul is still nowhere to be found. The girl continued to talk. 

 

“Oh, I apologize again for asking. I’m Yujin. Ahn Yujin. I moved he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter