Maybe Pretending Isn't Bad After All

Maybe Pretending Isn't Bad After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If Kim Jong Kook can have a dollar every time his friends tell him to get a girlfriend, he would be able to live in Los Angeles for a year.

His friends mean well and he knows that. It's just that he's getting tired every time he hears "Hyung, get a girlfriend," or "Hyung, you should go on a date," whenever they see each other.

And they see each other almost every day.

He keeps on telling them he'll go on a date soon and he'll find the right person soon. He just have to get off his busy schedule and find a girl who's going to date him for his personality rather than his physical looks (his friends however would say he only needs to get out of the gym).

"Hyung!" He heard one of his friends and close dongsaengs, Se Chan, "We're going to the new cafe downstairs, you coming?"

"No, thanks. I'll be going home now," he answered. Being a gym instructor can be very tiring and all he wants now is to lie down and sleep.

"Oooh, he's going home early," another close dongsaeng of him, Dong Hoon or HaHa, said in a teasing tone. "Will our hyung finally go on a date?"

Not again.

"Um," he tried to come up with an answer where his dongsaengs would stop pestering him on him going out on a date.

"Yes."

"WHAT?"

He now regrets that answer.

"Hyung! Who is it?"

"Is she pretty?"

"Do we know her?"

"Hyung!"

"Hey, what's going on here?"

"Kwang Soo! Hyung's going out on a date tonight!" HaHa announced.

"REALLY? Hyung, tell us all about her!" The newcomer and his tall dongsaeng, Kwang Soo, excalimed.

"What's her name?" Se Chan asked.

"Uh, Song," the only name Jong Kook could think of was Song Hyekyo.

"Song?"

"Ji," from Jun Ji Hyun.

"Song Ji?"

"Um, Hyo," from Lee Hyo Ri.

"Song Ji Hyo?"

"Uh, yes," damn, what did he get himself into.

"Ooh, pretty name for a pretty girl I assume. When did you two meet?" HaHa asked.

"Umm, just a week ago, tonight will be our first date," he responded. He is really making this worse.

"Nice, what time?" Kwangsoo asked.

"Seven," he answered (lied), "That's why I really have to go now. Okay, bye!" He hurriedly picked up his gym bag and ran past his dongsaengs before he comes up with weird answers.

But it's all fine, he can tell them tomorrow that things didn't work out between him and his date and that he would need some time before he goes out on another date soon. Maybe then they would stop pestering him.

-

*Buzz*

Jongkook checked his phone to see who messaged him.

JK and 3 kids: 1 new message

He tossed his phone back to the sofa, he's pretty sure what his dongsaengs message isn't urgent. Right now, he needs to know who will win on the football game he's watching.

*Buzz*

He ignored his phone once again.

*Buzz*

And again.

*Buzz*
*Buzz*
*Buzz*

He sighed as he picked up his phone once again to see why his dongsaengs are being noisy when he knows they're still together.

HDH: HYUNG

HDH: YOUR DATE'S HERE

YSC: HYUNG SHE IS PRETTY

LKS:  HYUNG YOU NEVER TOLD US SHE WORKS HERE

YSC:  I AM NOT SURPRISED YOU FELL FOR HER

What?

LKS: too bad we weren't able to ask her that much since she's busy working...

LKS: all we got to confirm was her name and what time her shift ends

LKS: and it's 7!

HDH: our hyung was saying the truth after all!

He really doesn't understand what his dongsaengs mean.

KJK: What do you mean?

YSC: SONG JIHYO

YSC: SHE WORKS AT THE NEW CAFE DOWNSTAIRS

WHAT?!

KJK: She's there?

SHE'S REAL? SHE'S AN ACTUAL PERSON?

LKS: *sent a photo*

He opened the photo Kwangsoo sent and saw a woman smiling to the customers at the counter. He must admit, she does look pretty with her expresive eyes and exotic features. He spot her name tag and zoomed in to see who the woman is.

Song Ji Hyo

, what did he gotten himself into.

HDH: Enjoy your date tonight, hyung!

HDH: Don't worry, we won't bother her. But introduce her to us tomorrow!

He's so dead.

-

Normally, he goes to the gym at 9 but due to certain circumstances, he's at their building at 7:30 in the morning.

But not at the gym.

"Good Morning! What can I get for you?" A cheery smile greeted him at the counter of the cafe below the gym.

"You," he hurriedly answered.

"Excuse me?" The woman at the counter with the name plate Song Ji Hyo looked at him with confusion.

Jong Kook's eyes widened when he realized what he answered, "Oh no, no, that's not what I meant," he said in a flustered tone as he shook his head, "What I mean is I need to talk to you."

Ji Hyo could only look at him with a blank expression.

(A quite adorable blank expression)

"Is it okay to talk to you for a while? It's really urgent," he told her. He needs to inform the clueless girl how his friends think they're dating before his friends would bombard the poor girl later.

"Uh, sure," she answered in an unsure tone. "So Min! I'll be out for a few minutes, stay at the counter, will you?"

"Okay, Unnie!" another female barista answered.

Ji Hyo directed Jongkook towards the table at the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter